Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Besides presidential voting in November...Follow

#77 Nov 03 2012 at 12:44 AM Rating: Default
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Almalieque wrote:
I guess my response didn't quite make it.
BrownDuck wrote:

Almalieque wrote:

The belief that marijuana would benefit society is absurd, because it isn't the substance but the effect that people seek.



Same with Valium, Prozac, Xanax, Ativan, et al. I guess those don't benefit the people who use them correctly either, do they?

Define smoking marijuana correctly? Isn't the whole point of taking such said drugs is to get in a stupor phase? The closest similarity that is with the aforementioned drugs is to relieve pain, which is not the same thing as being in a stupefied state.


For many years, I carried a one-hitter, or a fake metal half cigarette in a wooden dugout. Periodically throughout a day, I would pack some into the cigarette and take a hit or two from it holding the smoke to be more effective. Just enough of a buzz to slightly alter my mental state; not enough to incapacitate or slow my function enough to impact my work performance (or whatever activity I was pursuing at that time). Many friends I smoked with didn't want to get extremely high. It tends to make you slow and lazy and was boring as shit, imo.
#78 Nov 03 2012 at 6:59 AM Rating: Default
The All Knowing
Avatar
*****
10,152 posts
Paskil wrote:

For many years, I carried a one-hitter, or a fake metal half cigarette in a wooden dugout. Periodically throughout a day, I would pack some into the cigarette and take a hit or two from it holding the smoke to be more effective. Just enough of a buzz to slightly alter my mental state; not enough to incapacitate or slow my function enough to impact my work performance (or whatever activity I was pursuing at that time). Many friends I smoked with didn't want to get extremely high. It tends to make you slow and lazy and was boring as sh*t, imo.


That's a personal preference, because the desired end result varies per person. It's the same with alcohol. For some, it's just a buzz, for others it's waking up the next day trying to remember why you're missing a tooth.

Edited, Nov 3rd 2012 2:59pm by Almalieque
#79 Nov 03 2012 at 7:49 AM Rating: Excellent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,278 posts
Almalieque wrote:
I guess my response didn't quite make it.
BrownDuck wrote:

Almalieque wrote:

The belief that marijuana would benefit society is absurd, because it isn't the substance but the effect that people seek.

Same with Valium, Prozac, Xanax, Ativan, et al. I guess those don't benefit the people who use them correctly either, do they?

Define smoking marijuana correctly? Isn't the whole point of taking such said drugs is to get in a stupor phase? The closest similarity that is with the aforementioned drugs is to relieve pain, which is not the same thing as being in a stupefied state.
Only one of the four drugs listed there are for pain relief; the others are mood stabilizers. Your arguments here might carry a little weight if you, y'know, actualy knew what you were talking about. ALSO: Those four drugs listed there will certainly put you in a stupor state if used incorrectly, just like pot. Which was kind of BD's point.

Almalieque wrote:
Paskil wrote:

For many years, I carried a one-hitter, or a fake metal half cigarette in a wooden dugout. Periodically throughout a day, I would pack some into the cigarette and take a hit or two from it holding the smoke to be more effective. Just enough of a buzz to slightly alter my mental state; not enough to incapacitate or slow my function enough to impact my work performance (or whatever activity I was pursuing at that time). Many friends I smoked with didn't want to get extremely high. It tends to make you slow and lazy and was boring as sh*t, imo.
That's a personal preference, because the desired end result varies per person. It's the same with alcohol. For some, it's just a buzz, for others it's waking up the next day trying to remember why you're missing a tooth.
Have you smoked pot? Ever?
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#80 Nov 03 2012 at 7:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Friar Bijou wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
That's a personal preference, because the desired end result varies per person. It's the same with alcohol. For some, it's just a buzz, for others it's waking up the next day trying to remember why you're missing a tooth.
Have you smoked pot? Ever?

No, but he once ate some of the worst hash brownies ever.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#81 Nov 03 2012 at 8:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,221 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
That's a personal preference, because the desired end result varies per person. It's the same with alcohol. For some, it's just a buzz, for others it's waking up the next day trying to remember why you're missing a tooth.
Have you smoked pot? Ever?

No, but he once ate some of the worst hash brownies ever.


Those are called rocks, Jophiel, he was eating rocks.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#82 Nov 03 2012 at 8:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
That's a personal preference, because the desired end result varies per person. It's the same with alcohol. For some, it's just a buzz, for others it's waking up the next day trying to remember why you're missing a tooth.
Have you smoked pot? Ever?
Far be it from me to defend Alma, but that quote seems to be describing the range of what alcohol is for some people, in which case blacking out and losing a tooth is in the realm of possibilities.

That said, I know more people who toke for the slight buzz than who get ******* high, but there are those out there who do the latter. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I see it follow the alcohol curve, where when you start getting into it, you're getting trashed every time, but over time it becomes a more casual use. I don't know many people getting blackout drunk anymore, as the novelty wears off over time for most people; similarly, I don't know many people getting so high they can barely function anymore. Of course, this is all anecdotal.
____________________________
Banh
#83 Nov 03 2012 at 9:15 AM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,278 posts
I guess I read that as him implying that an excessive pot smoking session puts one into the same blackout-state that an excessive drinking session would. My bad.








You all know what my excuse is.Smiley: glare
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#84 Nov 03 2012 at 10:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
gbaji wrote:
There's a slippery slope aspect to this though.


Exactly! And stem cells are people... wait... Smiley: um

Anyway, I don't really care much either way, but something about how the Dutch aren't all dead yet, or whatever.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#85 Nov 03 2012 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Eggnog is not an alcohol, it's a mix.


You can buy it pre-mixed with whiskey around Christmas, which is what they did. (Along with some non-alcoholic stuff for us kids.)
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#86 Nov 03 2012 at 2:40 PM Rating: Default
The All Knowing
Avatar
*****
10,152 posts
Bijou wrote:
Only one of the four drugs listed there are for pain relief; the others are mood stabilizers. Your arguments here might carry a little weight if you, y'know, actualy knew what you were talking about. ALSO: Those four drugs listed there will certainly put you in a stupor state if used incorrectly, just like pot. Which was kind of BD's point.


Again, how is marijuana used correctly? Since you seem to "know what you're talking about", please enlighten me on the proper usage.

Bijou wrote:
Have you smoked pot? Ever?


I know that you have a problem seeing, but I'm sure that you can read.

1. It was a joke.... referencing The Hangover

2. I was exaggerating the buzz effect.

And to answer your question...I gave my troth to D.A.R.E back in elementary school that I tend to keep to my grave..Smiley: cool Intentionally putting yourself in a state where you might behave against your best judgement is against my best judgement.
#87 Nov 03 2012 at 3:50 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
gbaji wrote:
There's a slippery slope aspect to this though.


Exactly! And stem cells are people... wait... Smiley: um

Anyway, I don't really care much either way, but something about how the Dutch aren't all dead yet, or whatever.
there's fewer peope smoking pot than in the states as well iirc. Can't look it up atm because i'm on my phone.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#88 Nov 03 2012 at 4:23 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
American drug usage is among the highest in the world, I know. Have no clue what the breakdown is by drug, but I'm fairly certain of that fact.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#89 Nov 03 2012 at 5:38 PM Rating: Excellent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,278 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Again, how is marijuana used correctly? Since you seem to "know what you're talking about", please enlighten me on the proper usage?
As in all thing, in moderation.
Depends on why your using it as well, I suppose. For myself, up until 18 months ago I smoked 2 puffs of high quality weed once a week. Yes, it was a pleasant high, but more importantly it provided huge relief to my chronic pain issues that lasted for days afterwards.

Almalieque wrote:
1. It was a joke.... referencing The Hangover.
OK, that was an enormous /whooooooosh on my part.Smiley: bah



Now that we've got that out of the way: Since you have admited to never using marijuana, please never again make any claims as to its effects.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#90 Nov 03 2012 at 5:50 PM Rating: Default
The All Knowing
Avatar
*****
10,152 posts
Bijou wrote:
As in all thing, in moderation.


But what is "moderation". Wouldn't that depend on the intention of the usage? If the purpose is to get wasted, wouldn't that be using it moderately?

Bijou wrote:
Now that we've got that out of the way: Since you have admited to never using marijuana, please never again make any claims as to its effects.


Admitted? Is this an alternative universe? There's a difference in pain relief and being in a stupor, they are not one in the same. Unless you can prove that your chronic pain couldn't be relieved by any other substance, then you were more than likely *partly* using marijuana for it's high effect and not just pain relief.
#91 Nov 03 2012 at 6:41 PM Rating: Excellent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,278 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Bijou wrote:
As in all thing, in moderation.
But what is "moderation". Wouldn't that depend on the intention of the usage? If the purpose is to get wasted, wouldn't that be using it moderately?
Get back to me after you look up what "moderation" means. Look, I get that you want to argue for the sake of arguing, but can you not act like an ignorant jackass while doing it?

Bijou wrote:
Now that we've got that out of the way: Since you have admited to never using marijuana, please never again make any claims as to its effects.


Admitted? Is this an alternative universe?
you wrote:
And to answer your question...I gave my troth to D.A.R.E back in elementary school that I tend to keep to my grave..
I know I'm blind, but you wrote that, not me.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#92 Nov 03 2012 at 6:53 PM Rating: Default
The All Knowing
Avatar
*****
10,152 posts
Bijou wrote:
Get back to me after you look up what "moderation" means. Look, I get that you want to argue for the sake of arguing, but can you not act like an ignorant jackass while doing it?


This is a legitimate argument. People eat in moderation because we need to eat and eating unnecessarily does more harm than good. People take legal medicine at moderation because they use medicine to alleviate the pain and too much does more harm than good.

What is the purpose of smoking marijuana that can't be duplicated by a legal drug that doesn't give you a buzz?

Bijou wrote:
I know I'm blind, but you wrote that, not me.



The point was that "not doing drugs" is not something you tend to "admit to" in the same sense that we admit to things in society. You make it seem like not smoking marijuana is like being a virgin.
#93 Nov 03 2012 at 7:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
You make it seem like not smoking marijuana is like being a virgin.

Much worse. Losing your virginity requires convincing someone to sleep with you. Any ugly sloth can still buy weed.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#94 Nov 03 2012 at 7:07 PM Rating: Good
Alma wrote:
Intentionally putting yourself in a state where you might behave against your best judgement is against my best judgement.


Pot effects different people differently. The argument is that, used in moderation, pot isn't really any more harmful than alcohol or tobacco; so what's the point in wasting as much money as we do in this country arresting & incarcerating folks for using it? Especially when we can tax it. So many people already have or do smoke pot in this country that it's silly to criminalize it. The only "real" argument I hear anymore about keeping it illegal usually involves, "It leads to other drugs!".

So does alcohol & nicotine.

While pot can be habit forming, it isn't addictive like nicotine or alcohol. The medical marijuana arguments is a little different, as marijuana doesn't really "solve" many medical issues (except glaucoma, appetite, sleep, & nausea, I think). What it does do is make you not care about the symptoms as much.

Downside? It kills ambition.

Upside: It makes the mundane more amusing.

Alma wrote:
You make it seem like not smoking marijuana is like being a virgin.


It seems that people whom have never tried pot are boring squares with sticks up their asses that are going to have a hard time getting laid by anyone other than like-minded boring squares with sticks up their asses whom probably want a ring on it before they'll let you in vaginally.

Which, odds are, makes you a virgin & explains so much about where you're coming from with your "arguments". You're incredibly naive!



Edited, Nov 3rd 2012 9:11pm by Omegavegeta
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#95 Nov 03 2012 at 7:08 PM Rating: Default
The All Knowing
Avatar
*****
10,152 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
You make it seem like not smoking marijuana is like being a virgin.

Much worse. Losing your virginity requires convincing someone to sleep with you. Any ugly sloth can still buy weed.


But why would want to smoke marijuana?
#96 Nov 03 2012 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
******
21,720 posts
Almalieque wrote:
The point was that "not doing drugs" is not something you tend to "admit to" in the same sense that we admit to things in society. You make it seem like not smoking marijuana is like being a virgin.


You really need to keep a pocket dictionary or something. Your continued abuse of the English language is inexcuseable. The word "admit" does not carry a negative connotation as you assume it should. You're a dunce, and nobody here thinks any more of you.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#97 Nov 03 2012 at 7:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
What else is an ugly sloth gonna do? Ain't gonna be having ***...
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#98 Nov 03 2012 at 8:03 PM Rating: Default
The All Knowing
Avatar
*****
10,152 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
The point was that "not doing drugs" is not something you tend to "admit to" in the same sense that we admit to things in society. You make it seem like not smoking marijuana is like being a virgin.


You really need to keep a pocket dictionary or something. Your continued abuse of the English language is inexcuseable. The word "admit" does not carry a negative connotation as you assume it should. You're a dunce, and nobody here thinks any more of you.



Uhh... Oh really? I guess I didn't realize that when I said that in the very sentence that you quoted. Don't project your stupidity on me.
#99 Nov 03 2012 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
Almalieque wrote:
But why would want to smoke marijuana?

"How is Babby Formed?"

haha your dumb is showing through
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#100 Nov 03 2012 at 8:41 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,340 posts
Almalieque wrote:
But why would want to smoke marijuana?


Or were you stoned when you posted that?

Edited, Nov 3rd 2012 7:41pm by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#101 Nov 03 2012 at 8:43 PM Rating: Default
The All Knowing
Avatar
*****
10,152 posts
stupid wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
But why would want to smoke marijuana?

"How is Babby Formed?"

haha your dumb is showing through


Smiley: lol
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 66 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (66)