See Priest Talent Builds
The Holy Tree is the priest's primary healing tree. It contains talents which boost the healing done by spells, reduces mana cost and generally make the priest a more effective healer.
The Holy tree makes a priest a more efficient healer. They are highly desired by groups wanting to run anything from group quests all the way up to 25 man raids. While there are a few damage talents in the Holy tree, it is not the tree of choice for soloing.
- Healing Focus (2 points) - Gives you a 35%/70% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting any healing spell.
- Improved Renew (3 points) - Increases the amount healed by your Renew spell by 5%/10%/15%. Combined with Spiritual Healing, Renews will heal for 26.5% more total.
- Holy Specialization (5 points) - Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy spells by 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%. Works for both healing and damage spells.
(5 points required)
- Spell Warding (5) - Reduces all spell damage taken by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%. A useful talent in pvp and raids, however it is rarely taken because it is opposite Divine Fury.
- Divine Fury (5) - Reduces the casting time of your Smite, Holy Fire, Heal and Greater Heal spells by .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 sec. The coefficients remain the same, so this talent increases the HPS/DPS of these spells.
(10 points required)
- Desperate Prayer (1) - Instantly heals the caster.
- Blessed Recovery (3) - After being struck by a melee or ranged critical hit, heal 5%/10%/15% of the damage taken over 6 seconds. Additional critical hits taken during the effect increase the healing received.
- Inspiration (3) - Increases your target's armor by 8%/16%/25% for 15 seconds after getting a critical effect from your Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Prayer of Healing, or Circle of Healing spell.
(15 points required)
- Holy Reach (2) - Increases the range of your Smite and Holy Fire spells and the radius of your Prayer of Healing, Holy Nova and Circle of Healing spells by 10%/20%. If you are taking Circle of Healing and have the 2 points to spare this talent increases the radius of CoH to 35 yards.
- Improved Healing (3) - Reduces the mana cost of your Lesser Heal, Heal, and Greater Heal spells by 5%/10%/15%. Excellent talent, makes Great Heal even more efficient.
- Searing Light (2) - Increases the damage of your Smite and Holy Fire spells by 5%/10%. Useful talent while leveling.
(20 points required)
- Healing Prayers (2) - Reduces the mana cost of your Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending spell by 10%/20%. If you find yourself using Prayer of Healing a lot, this talent can help offset the hefty mana cost.
- Spirit of Redemption (1) - Increases total Spirit by 5% and upon death, the priest becomes the Spirit of Redemption for 15 seconds. The Spirit of Redemption cannot move, attack, be attacked or targeted by any spells or effects. While in this form the priest can cast any healing spell free of cost. When the effect ends, the priest dies. This talent is taken for the 5% bonus to spirit, being able to cast heals for a short time after dying is just a side perk.
- Spiritual Guidance (5) - Increases spell damage and healing by up to 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% of your total Spirit. As spirit is an important stat for healing priests, this talent can add a nice bonus to your healing.
(25 points required)
- Surge of Light (2) - Your spell criticals have a 25%/50% chance to cause your next Smite spell to be instant cast, cost no mana but be incapable of a critical hit. This effect lasts 10 seconds.
- Spiritual Healing (5) - Increases the amount healed by your healing spells by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%. This talent affects all healing spells, but not Lightwell or Power Word: Shield.
(30 points required)
- Lightwell (1) - Creates a Holy Lightwell. Members of your raid or party can click the Lightwell to restore 801 health over 6 seconds. Any damage taken will cancel the effect. Lightwell lasts for 3 minutes or 5 charges. Due to the heal effect breaking on damage, and the ability of one person to continually click the well and waste the charges, this talent is definitely situational. Most do not take this talent.
- Blessed Resilience (3) - Critical hits made against you have a 20%/40%/60% chance to prevent you from being critically hit again for 6 seconds.
- Holy Concentration (3) - Gives you a 10%/20%/30% chance to enter a Clearcasting state after casting any critical Flash Heal, Binding Heal, or Greater Heal spell. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next Flash Heal, Binding Heal, or Greater Heal spell by 100%.
(35 points required)
- Empowered Healing (5) - Your Greater Heal spell gains an additional 8%/16%/24%/32%/40% and your Flash Heal and Binding Heal gain an additional 20% of your bonus healing effects.
- Serendipity (3) - If your Greater Heal or Flash Heal spells heal the target to max health, you are refunded 8%/16%/24% of the mana cost of the spell.
(40 points required)
- Circle of Healing (1) - Heals friendly target and that target's party members within 15 yards of the target for 246 to 270 (409-451 at max rank). If used in a raid, it heals your target and those in their party who are in range. It is a very efficient heal if most of the group are in range, making it especially useful on fight where melee take damage as they are generally close enough to each other.
- Improved Holy Concentration (3) - (Requires 5 in Holy Concentration) Increases the chance you'll enter Holy Concentration by 5%/10%/15%, and also increases your spell haste by 10%/20%/30% for the next 2 Greater Heal, Flash Heal or Binding Heal spells after you gain Holy Concentration. Lasts 20 sec.
- Test of Faith (3) - Increase healing by 2%/4%/6% and spell critical chance by 2%/4%/6% on friendly target at or below 50% health.
(45 points required)
- Divine Providence (5) - Increase the amount healed by Circle of Healing, Binding Heal, Holy Nova, Prayer of Healing, Divine Hymn and Prayer of Mending by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%.
(50 points required)
- Guardian Spirit (1) - Calls upon a guardian spirit to watch over the friendly target. The spirit increases the healing received by the target by 40%, and also prevents the target from dying by sacrificing itself. This sacrifice terminates the effect but heals the target of 50% of their maximum health. Lasts 10 seconds.
Every raid typically has one healing priest who specs 23/38/0 in order to have Improved Divine Spirit. The other priests take the 41 point talent Circle of Healing with the general template of 1x/4x/0. An example variation of this would be 15/46/0. Another option would be 20/41/0.
This page last modified 2008-10-23 18:27:58.