Faerun will celebrate midwinter from December 19 to January 9.
It's almost time to celebrate Simril, the festival of the winter solstice and the longest night of year. Festivities will be held in the village of Twilight Tor and supervised by Major Vario Cephied. You'll be able to heat yourself near the bonfires and enjoy roasted meat and sweet winter wine, relax on Glorfindar Lake, partake in ice fishing or run a slalom race at the Twilight Run.
The event will run from Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM (PST) to Thursday, Janurary 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM (PST).
The events include:
- The Twilight Run: a slalom race around Lake Glorfindar by feet, mount or magical Winter Sled
- Monsters on Ice: fight on the ice against frigid foes
- Ice Fishing: fish the ice with rare baits and better rods and try to catch the largest fish possible to gain more Lights of Simril
- Star Gazing: stare at the various constellations of Neverwinter and receive fortune or even a special buff
- Simril Lightcrafting: collect Lights of Simril to craft them using the new Master of Lights profession
- New Holiday Items: Use the Lights of Simril and Stars of Fortune currencies to purchase rewards such as the new Sparkling weapons, fashionable scarves, the Winter Sled and Dappled Riding Horse mounts, the Frost Mimic and Fawn of Shialla companions, and more!
More details will be available for everyone when the Winter Festival begins!
Guilhemette "Whilhelmina" Giacopazzi