The first dev diary "Break It, Take It, Make It" covers inventory and resources.
Following their streak of open development, the devs at Sony Online Entertainment have released its first developer diary for EverQuest Next Landmark. In "Break It, Take It, Make It", Senior Producer Terry Michaels and Creative Director Jeff Butler briefly discuss items and how they'll be managed. There are two key takeaways from this dev diary:
1. They've currently produced 50 resources for the game, including 10+ metals and 10 gems across five tiers. These tiers "correspond to the depth within the world that you find" these items.
2. Three kinds of inventory: personal, chest, and vault. All three types can be expanded.
- Personal is a 'limited' inventory like you'd find in a typical game.
- Chest is storage that you have built on your claim.
- Vault is storage that’s accessible from any vault in the world.
Colt "ShdwFlm" Casey