The new free content update for EverQuest II went live today!
Darkness Dawns, the next free content update for EverQuest II, went live today. This update concludes the Chains of Eternity expansion that launched last year as well as ending the story of Velious that started years ago.
Picking up from the Scars of the Awakened update that launched earlier this year with the uncovering of a powerful relic, Darkness Dawns will lead players on a new quest that promises to turn the world on its head. In addition to this new quest that will give players the opportunity to shape the story's direction, players will also see some big new features!
- Fabled Dungeons--High-level versions of old favorites from the Desert of the Flames expansion return with current high-level loot.
- Character Advancement Templates (CATs)--Players will be able to select completed character builds to exchange or rebuild with no re-specialization fee.
- Contested Avatar Raids--Go up against three new contested avatars in the overlands: Prexus, Solusek Ro and Drinal.
- Arena of the Gods--This new raid instance will allow 24 players to challenge any 9 avatars that are in the game.
- Daily Objectives--Earn valuable tokens to spend on unique and useful loot.
- Tradeskill & PvP--New high-end tradeskill apprentice goodies and PvP rewards.
Darkness Dawns is now available as a free game update to the EverQuest II: Chains of Eternity expansion. For more detailed information of the update, check out Cyliena's guide here on ZAM. SOE Live is coming at the beginning of next month, where details of the 10th expansion for EverQuest II will be revealed!
Follow me @MattstaNinja