Patch 4.0.3a will completely change the world to pave the way for Cataclysm.
Our friends over at Wowhead have pointed out that a new patch will be hitting the live servers this week, and all signs point to it being patch 4.0.3a: The Shattering. This is the patch that will completely change Azeroth for all players and pave the way for the launch of Cataclysm on Dec. 7. You can check out which features will and won't be included in 4.0.3a after the jump.
Now would definitely be the time to explore your favorite zones one last time or finish up the last-minute quests that may soon disappear from your quest log. What's the first thing you plan on doing once patch 4.0.3a is live?
You can discuss The Shattering in our WoW general forum.
What is not in 4.0.3a:
* Creating worgen/goblin characters
* Worgen/Goblin start zones
* Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
* Guild leveling
* Guild achievements
* Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
* New Zones (80+)
* Race Changing to new class combinations
What is in 4.0.3a:
* Portals in Dalaran Removed
* Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
* New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
* New Gnome/Troll starting areas
* Changes to existing zones
* New cata load screens
* New cata intro cinematic
* New cata login screen
* New music
* City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
* Bug fixes
* Class balancing
* Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
Threads pertaining to specific class changes
o Paladin: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083748522
o Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074268042
o Priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074268135
* Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
* New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for exsisting pet classes. Complete list here thanks to www.wow-petopia.com: http://www.wow-petopia.com/cataclysm/newlooks.html)