Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

And I'm taking the cat too!Follow

#1 Nov 05 2013 at 11:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
Northern Colorado wants to leave and form their own state, or join Wyoming, there's a bit of disagreement still. Anyway there's been a falling out with the Denver area. All those city folk with their new-fangled ideas have no idea what it takes just to survive out here, etc.

So they're voting on it today, if the vote succeeds the Colorado legislature and the U.S. Congress would have to approve the new state (one would guess Wyoming would have to approve people joining them as well). Assuming it comes to that, how should your representatives in the U.S. Congress vote?

If it comes to it, how should your representatives in the U.S. Congress vote?
Let them form a new state.:7 (35.0%)
Make them stay in Colorado and work things out.:6 (30.0%)
They get to be their own state, except for 2 weekends a month, and they still have to pay 50% of Colorado state taxes.:1 (5.0%)
Force them to join California.:6 (30.0%)
Total:20


I say good riddance, let them do their own thing already, if that's what they really want. Smiley: rolleyes

What say you?

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 9:55am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#2 Nov 05 2013 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,340 posts
Well if this passes then Texas will be the next to go so I say make em join Cali, that will discourage them.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#3 Nov 05 2013 at 11:55 AM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
polls lacking in option...Smiley: oyvey

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#4 Nov 05 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,516 posts
I say make them stay and work it out or let them join Wyoming.

Fifty is such a nice even number.

Puerto Rico will be ****** if North Colorado becomes a state before they do.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#5 Nov 05 2013 at 12:00 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
Catwho wrote:
I say make them stay and work it out or let them join Wyoming.

Fifty is such a nice even number.

Ditch Hawaii.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#6 Nov 05 2013 at 12:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
Elinda wrote:
polls lacking in option...Smiley: oyvey

Which one did I forget this time?

Elinda wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I say make them stay and work it out or let them join Wyoming.

Fifty is such a nice even number.

Ditch Hawaii.
Not a bad idea, they probably wouldn't mind really. Smiley: lol
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#7 Nov 05 2013 at 12:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
No Democratic legislature would allow a new state that virtually guaranteed two new GOP senators (plus House reps). No GOP legislature would allow a new state that virtually guarantees two new Democratic senators (plus House reps).

At best, a compromise would be made to allow both "Northern Colorado" and, say, Washington DC to both enter. In reality, it'll never happen.

Puerto Rico would have too many House reps compared to N. Colorado so it's not even an option.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#8 Nov 05 2013 at 12:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
We need to keep the senate equally divided between slave states and free states! Smiley: motz

Or something like that?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#9 Nov 05 2013 at 12:18 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Long Island was considering statehood at some point. Went nowhere for the usual reasons.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#10 Nov 05 2013 at 12:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
They should split up Colorado by elevation - High Colorado would be everything above 10,000 feet. Or they can call it Rocky Mountain High.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#11 Nov 05 2013 at 12:23 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
We need to keep the senate equally divided between slave states and free states! Smiley: motz

Or something like that?

That's how Maine slipped in. We're the Yin in Missouri's Yang.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#12 Nov 05 2013 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
******
21,718 posts
You raise a whole generation of children with kid gloves, and look what happens.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#13 Nov 05 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
You raise a whole generation of children with kid gloves, and look what happens.

They have stunted fingers?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#14 Nov 05 2013 at 12:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,340 posts
Elinda wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
You raise a whole generation of children with kid gloves, and look what happens.

They have stunted fingers?


Their pubes are full of lint?

Edit: I mean in the context that the kids are wearing the gloves.

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 1:41pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#15 Nov 05 2013 at 12:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Elinda wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
You raise a whole generation of children with kid gloves, and look what happens.

They have stunted fingers?


Their pubes are full of lint?

Edit: I mean in the context that the kids are wearing the gloves.

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 1:41pm by Shaowstrike

Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#16 Nov 05 2013 at 12:50 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Elinda wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
You raise a whole generation of children with kid gloves, and look what happens.

They have stunted fingers?


Their pubes are full of lint?

Edit: I mean in the context that the kids are wearing the gloves.


You're not supposed to wear gloves on your.... OH I GET IT.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#17 Nov 05 2013 at 1:18 PM Rating: Good
******
44,284 posts
Make them part of Virginia and let the map makers figure it out.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#18 Nov 05 2013 at 1:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
lolgaxe wrote:
Make them part of West Virginia and let the map makers figure it out.

Fixified.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#19 Nov 05 2013 at 2:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Americans once again stealing Canadian culture and making it theirs. Typical. You stole baseball, you stole basketball, you stole football, you stole hockey, you are stealing lacrosse We still have curling but for how much longer. You already took Timmies and gave us these stupid oversized top heavy coffee cups in exhange, practically forcing us to use Starbucks (spit), and you are consuming more poutine per capita than even the most staunch Frenchman.

And now you gotta steal Quebecs only thunder in politics. How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too. Once again Quebec is forced to take a back seat to American politics, its going to be just like the synthetic syrup scandal.

#****************
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#20 Nov 05 2013 at 2:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
rdmcandie wrote:
How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too.

Smoke more crack?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#21 Nov 05 2013 at 2:04 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Jophiel wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too.

Smoke more crack?


Toronto isn't in Quebec....thanks for caring.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#22 Nov 05 2013 at 2:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
You misunderstand... I was telling you to smoke more crack. For thinking anyone gives a fuck anyway. Smiley: smile
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#23 Nov 05 2013 at 2:18 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Witness the wrath of a Million ****** of Quebecors!

I told you!

____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#24 Nov 05 2013 at 2:21 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Just like the syrup scandal....
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#25 Nov 05 2013 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,340 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Witness the wrath of a Million ****** of Quebecors!

I told you!



If the average "Quebecor" isn't smart enough to put on sunglasses while filming an arcing current, then I'm not too worried about the wrath.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#26 Nov 05 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,743 posts
Quebec is the ultimate nanny state. They expect someone else to put the glasses on for them.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#27 Nov 05 2013 at 2:26 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Quebec is the ultimate nanny state. They expect someone else to put the glasses on for them.


And buy them!.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#28 Nov 05 2013 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Americans once again stealing Canadian culture and making it theirs. Typical. You stole baseball, you stole basketball, you stole football, you stole hockey, you are stealing lacrosse We still have curling but for how much longer. You already took Timmies and gave us these stupid oversized top heavy coffee cups in exhange, practically forcing us to use Starbucks (spit), and you are consuming more poutine per capita than even the most staunch Frenchman.

And now you gotta steal Quebecs only thunder in politics. How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too. Once again Quebec is forced to take a back seat to American politics, its going to be just like the synthetic syrup scandal.

#****************

Oh yeah well Quebec has been ******* among themselves like forever. No ones paying attention anymore. Besides, it's not like Quebec is the first and only region to ever suffer under civil strife.

And here's another thing Tim Horton coffee sucks hairy donkey ballz and poutine only tastes good because you're stoned.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#29 Nov 05 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Americans once again stealing Canadian culture and making it theirs. Typical. You stole baseball, you stole basketball, you stole football, you stole hockey, you are stealing lacrosse We still have curling but for how much longer. You already took Timmies and gave us these stupid oversized top heavy coffee cups in exhange, practically forcing us to use Starbucks (spit), and you are consuming more poutine per capita than even the most staunch Frenchman.

And now you gotta steal Quebecs only thunder in politics. How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too. Once again Quebec is forced to take a back seat to American politics, its going to be just like the synthetic syrup scandal.

#****************

Oh yeah well Quebec has been ******* among themselves like forever. No ones paying attention anymore. Besides, it's not like Quebec is the first and only region to ever suffer under civil strife.

And here's another thing Tim Horton coffee sucks hairy donkey ballz and poutine only tastes good because you're stoned.



Ha you would know! Its illegal to have weed in Canada! Unlike you hippies to south.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#30 Nov 05 2013 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,743 posts
Elinda wrote:
poutine only tastes good because you're stoned.
Use better gravy
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#31 Nov 05 2013 at 2:39 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Americans once again stealing Canadian culture and making it theirs. Typical. You stole baseball, you stole basketball, you stole football, you stole hockey, you are stealing lacrosse We still have curling but for how much longer. You already took Timmies and gave us these stupid oversized top heavy coffee cups in exhange, practically forcing us to use Starbucks (spit), and you are consuming more poutine per capita than even the most staunch Frenchman.

And now you gotta steal Quebecs only thunder in politics. How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too. Once again Quebec is forced to take a back seat to American politics, its going to be just like the synthetic syrup scandal.

#****************

Oh yeah well Quebec has been ******* among themselves like forever. No ones paying attention anymore. Besides, it's not like Quebec is the first and only region to ever suffer under civil strife.

And here's another thing Tim Horton coffee sucks hairy donkey ballz and poutine only tastes good because you're stoned.



Ha you would know! Its illegal to have weed in Canada! Unlike you hippies to south.

I don't like poutine. I can only assume it's appeal is in it's munchability. I prefer my fries nice and crispy and dipped in catsup and my gravy on my mashed potatoes.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#32 Nov 05 2013 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Americans once again stealing Canadian culture and making it theirs. Typical. You stole baseball, you stole basketball, you stole football, you stole hockey, you are stealing lacrosse We still have curling but for how much longer. You already took Timmies and gave us these stupid oversized top heavy coffee cups in exhange, practically forcing us to use Starbucks (spit), and you are consuming more poutine per capita than even the most staunch Frenchman.

And now you gotta steal Quebecs only thunder in politics. How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too. Once again Quebec is forced to take a back seat to American politics, its going to be just like the synthetic syrup scandal.

#****************

Oh yeah well Quebec has been ******* among themselves like forever. No ones paying attention anymore. Besides, it's not like Quebec is the first and only region to ever suffer under civil strife.

And here's another thing Tim Horton coffee sucks hairy donkey ballz and poutine only tastes good because you're stoned.



Ha you would know! Its illegal to have weed in Canada! Unlike you hippies to south.

I don't like poutine. I can only assume it's appeal is in it's munchability. I prefer my fries nice and crispy and dipped in catsup and my gravy on my mashed potatoes.


Traditional Acadian cuisine. French fried Chips and Ketchup with fish, and Mashed Potatoes with livestock. Yet another part of Canadian culture stolen by Americans to call their own.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#33 Nov 05 2013 at 2:50 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Americans once again stealing Canadian culture and making it theirs. Typical. You stole baseball, you stole basketball, you stole football, you stole hockey, you are stealing lacrosse We still have curling but for how much longer. You already took Timmies and gave us these stupid oversized top heavy coffee cups in exhange, practically forcing us to use Starbucks (spit), and you are consuming more poutine per capita than even the most staunch Frenchman.

And now you gotta steal Quebecs only thunder in politics. How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too. Once again Quebec is forced to take a back seat to American politics, its going to be just like the synthetic syrup scandal.

#****************

Oh yeah well Quebec has been ******* among themselves like forever. No ones paying attention anymore. Besides, it's not like Quebec is the first and only region to ever suffer under civil strife.

And here's another thing Tim Horton coffee sucks hairy donkey ballz and poutine only tastes good because you're stoned.



Ha you would know! Its illegal to have weed in Canada! Unlike you hippies to south.

I don't like poutine. I can only assume it's appeal is in it's munchability. I prefer my fries nice and crispy and dipped in catsup and my gravy on my mashed potatoes.


Traditional Acadian cuisine. French fried Chips and Ketchup with fish, and Mashed Potatoes with livestock. Yet another part of Canadian culture stolen by Americans to call their own.
Canadians didn't invent potatoes ok, they didn't invent squat. I'll give you hockey and poutine - oh and Tim Hortons since you're really proud of your one fast food place.

We all eat food that can be grown on our same chunk of rock. What's your point?

Btw, Acadians settled in the US as well as Canada.


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#34 Nov 05 2013 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Elinda wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Americans once again stealing Canadian culture and making it theirs. Typical. You stole baseball, you stole basketball, you stole football, you stole hockey, you are stealing lacrosse We still have curling but for how much longer. You already took Timmies and gave us these stupid oversized top heavy coffee cups in exhange, practically forcing us to use Starbucks (spit), and you are consuming more poutine per capita than even the most staunch Frenchman.

And now you gotta steal Quebecs only thunder in politics. How can Quebecors compete with media time if Americans are separating too. Once again Quebec is forced to take a back seat to American politics, its going to be just like the synthetic syrup scandal.

#****************

Oh yeah well Quebec has been ******* among themselves like forever. No ones paying attention anymore. Besides, it's not like Quebec is the first and only region to ever suffer under civil strife.

And here's another thing Tim Horton coffee sucks hairy donkey ballz and poutine only tastes good because you're stoned.



Ha you would know! Its illegal to have weed in Canada! Unlike you hippies to south.

I don't like poutine. I can only assume it's appeal is in it's munchability. I prefer my fries nice and crispy and dipped in catsup and my gravy on my mashed potatoes.


Traditional Acadian cuisine. French fried Chips and Ketchup with fish, and Mashed Potatoes with livestock. Yet another part of Canadian culture stolen by Americans to call their own.
Canadians didn't invent potatoes ok, they didn't invent squat. I'll give you hockey and poutine - oh and Tim Hortons since you're really proud of your one fast food place.

We all eat food that can be grown on our same chunk of rock. What's your point?

Btw, Acadians settled in the US as well as Canada.


Oh now our inventions don't even exist. More American propaganda to quell Canadian Culture. I bet you believe it was an American who invented the phone! And it wasn't called the US, it was Canada (the name given to the nation by the Acadian Settlers), and when Britain took it over it was Upper and Lower Canada. "Murica didn't even exist in the hearts or minds of men! How did they settle the US? Canada has always been labeled Canada. Your name was the 13 Colonies......LAAAAAMME. At the time it was the only British holding internationally recognized as "the colonies" hahaha.

You even stole the idea to be labeled as a country on world maps from early Canadians.

Culture thievery and propaganda. Its no secret as to why you dominate our airwaves, You are trying to lure us into your culture, using our own culture against us!

Toques are now cool to wear in the summer. Need I say more?

____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#35 Nov 05 2013 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,516 posts
The only idea we've wanted to steal was your maple syrup because it's delicious.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#36 Nov 05 2013 at 3:52 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Catwho wrote:
The only idea we've wanted to steal was your maple syrup because it's delicious.


That was what caused the syrup scandal!
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#37 Nov 05 2013 at 4:45 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Fries need mayonnaise, perhaps combined with other stuff but no fries should go without mayonnaise.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#38 Nov 05 2013 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
You people have terrible taste.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#39 Nov 05 2013 at 6:33 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,743 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
You people have terrible taste.
I know right? Can you beleive Elinda doesn't like poutine?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#40 Nov 05 2013 at 6:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
I thought this thread was going to be about a talking cat. Now I'm sad that it is not. I demand talking cat thread, or everyone gets karma camped! By cats!
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#41 Nov 05 2013 at 8:06 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
http://i.imgur.com/Gnr2z64.jpg

Don't...BLINK!
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#42 Nov 05 2013 at 11:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
No idea how the OP vote shook out but the citizens of CO did vote to put a 25% sales tax on marijuana. 15% for school construction & education and the other 10% for marijuana policy enforcement. Thus begins the test of the whole "If we just legalized it and taxed it...." argument.

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 11:50pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#43 Nov 06 2013 at 7:29 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
About time. Some of the "heavier" drugs I would want to only be available from a pharmacy with a psychiatrist's prescription. Though easier done in Australia where Psychiatrists are heavily subsidized by we the people.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#44 Nov 06 2013 at 7:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,227 posts
Portland ME legalized recreational use and possession of pot yesterday. It will be interesting to see how a city manages pot recreationally within a state that allows it medicinally within a country where its still totally illegal.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#45 Nov 06 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Elinda wrote:
Portland ME legalized recreational use and possession of pot yesterday. It will be interesting to see how a city manages pot recreationally within a state that allows it medicinally within a country where its still totally illegal.


Which is kind of really contradictory if you think about it. To be a Schedule 1 drug it can offer no medicinal value....evidently it does or it wouldn't be available as a prescription and the US Government wouldn't hold U.S. Patent 6630507.

Anyone who is arrested on pot charges could make a very strong case against the validity of the charges based on the drug still being listed as Schedule 1, even though it no longer fits in the category.

Edited, Nov 6th 2013 10:26am by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#46 Nov 06 2013 at 10:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
Jophiel wrote:
No idea how the OP vote shook out


Linky


It passed in about 1/2 the counties, leaving people more or less uncertain about what to do next. I'm assuming that means it's dead in the water at this point, which is sure to make for some grumpy libertarians out and about this morning.

In other news our school levy passed with like 80% of the vote, and these people look like they'll have a $15 minimum wage.

Edited, Nov 6th 2013 8:34am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#47 Nov 06 2013 at 11:18 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Couldn't even make it dramatic. Rip off Quebecs claim to fame and muck it all up. At least when Quebec did it, they made it a nail biter.

Quote:
The referendum took place in Quebec on October 30, 1995, and the motion to decide whether Quebec should secede from Canada was defeated by a very narrow margin of 50.58% "No" to 49.42% "Yes".


Typical America always imitating but never duplicating.

Edited, Nov 6th 2013 12:19pm by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#48 Nov 06 2013 at 11:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Is this how Canada makes itself feel better?

You and Paulsol should get together and go bowling.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#49 Nov 06 2013 at 11:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Is this how Canada makes itself feel better?

You and Paulsol should get together and go bowling curling.

____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#50 Nov 06 2013 at 11:50 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Is this how Canada makes itself feel better?

You and Paulsol should get together and go bowling.


You are right we should go bowling another fine Canadian tradition stolen by America. Heck and you couldn't even do that right! Having pins worth different points means I have to math and remember, 'Murica no like, add 5 more pins each one point, less math no remembrin.






Edited, Nov 6th 2013 12:54pm by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#51 Nov 06 2013 at 11:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,991 posts
Hey, at least we're letting you keep your oil sand stuff.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 66 All times are in CST