Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Those Crazy EgyptiansFollow

#28 Jul 03 2013 at 7:42 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,737 posts
Debalic wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Update:
Al Jazeera wrote:
The Egyptian army has said it will suspend the constitution, dissolve parliament and force fresh elections if politicians cannot meet a looming deadline to resolve the country's political crisis, according to Reuters news agency.
Man, why can't *our* army do that for us here?
We've had meetings, but ultimately couldn't decide on who to put in charge afterwards.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#29 Jul 03 2013 at 7:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Update:
Al Jazeera wrote:
The Egyptian army has said it will suspend the constitution, dissolve parliament and force fresh elections if politicians cannot meet a looming deadline to resolve the country's political crisis, according to Reuters news agency.
Man, why can't *our* army do that for us here?
We've had meetings, but ultimately couldn't decide on who to put in charge afterwards.


I said I would quadruple military spending across the board and give everyone a free camouflage helicopter beanie, what else do you want???

Kaolian Drachensborn, Supreme Dictator / Emperor for Life of Doom!
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#30 Jul 03 2013 at 8:55 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Update:
Al Jazeera wrote:
The Egyptian army has said it will suspend the constitution, dissolve parliament and force fresh elections if politicians cannot meet a looming deadline to resolve the country's political crisis, according to Reuters news agency.
Man, why can't *our* army do that for us here?
We've had meetings, but ultimately couldn't decide on who to put in charge afterwards.


I said I would quadruple military spending across the board and give everyone a free camouflage helicopter beanie, what else do you want???

Kaolian Drachensborn, Supreme Dictator / Emperor for Life of Doom!

Dude, you can't even get a bridge built.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#31 Jul 03 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
And then they got rid of their president.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#32 Jul 03 2013 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts
Yay. Not impossible this was all a long con to draw the MB out into the open using the idea of power as a way to infiltrate and locate their resources. Now you install the new puppet leader and profit!
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#33 Jul 03 2013 at 3:36 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,925 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
Yay. Not impossible this was all a long con to draw the MB out into the open using the idea of power as a way to infiltrate and locate their resources. Now you install the new puppet leader and profit!


"Not impossible" meaning "We should have thought of that!".
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#34 Jul 03 2013 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
*
229 posts
...Meanwhile, in iRaq...
#35 Jul 03 2013 at 3:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Demoncard wrote:
iRaq

Where the wraith of Steve Jobs is president...
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#36 Jul 03 2013 at 3:55 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts

"Not impossible" meaning "We should have thought of that!".


We "think of that" for pretty much any possible outcome. Successfully executing such an idea is a different matter. I imagine what we "thought of" in terms of execution was close ties and intense pressure on Egypt's military to enforce change on any government that threatened the status quo around Israel, Sinai, Suez, etc. Obviously we've had and will continue to have operators on the ground in Egypt, but we have operators in Canada and the UK, so not something I'd see as overly arch. Problem is, assuming we get to elections any time soon, that rural Egyptians vote for conservative Islamist candidates, and they're most of the electorate. I'd assume we just rig the next ones to bring a moderate technocrat to power.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#37 Jul 03 2013 at 4:10 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
[b] I'd assume we just rig the next ones to bring a moderate technocrat to power.

Wait, weren't those the ones betrayed by Senator Palpatine and murdered by Darth Anakin?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#38 Jul 03 2013 at 4:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
I can't see this ending well.

The whole 52% of the country being forced out by 48% of the country thing, democratically elected leader that became significantly less popular over time, etc. Seems like there's a lot to do to get the sides doing something resembling working together, and no real reason for either to back down at this point. Both have large numbers of supporters and power bases where they share a sizable majority. Here's to hoping this can diffuse without too much bloodshed.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#39 Jul 03 2013 at 4:30 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
I can't see this ending well.

The whole 52% of the country being forced out by 48% of the country thing, democratically elected leader that became significantly less popular over time, etc. Seems like there's a lot to do to get the sides doing something resembling working together, and no real reason for either to back down at this point. Both have large numbers of supporters and power bases where they share a sizable majority. Here's to hoping this can diffuse without too much bloodshed.

How about we take back all the toys we've given them and let them settle their own business? I know, Smash is gonna come by and tell me how stupid and naieve I am but we're just gonna end up going back in a generation or so and assassinating someone.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#40 Jul 03 2013 at 4:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Debalic wrote:
How about we take back all the toys we've given them and let them settle their own business?
They already sold them all to the terrorists. Smiley: wink

We seem pretty content to let them duke it out at the moment though. Egypt, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan; If I didn't know better I'd say our foreign policy in the region was simply to destabilize it as much as possible.

Edited, Jul 3rd 2013 3:37pm by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#41 Jul 03 2013 at 5:11 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts
How about we take back all the toys we've given them and let them settle their own business?

The taking back bit is more challenging than you'd probably assume at first glance. If we cut off support, they have other options like blockading the Suez Canal or invading Israel. Both of which the US could resolve, but not for free, and probably not with global support. Much easier to rule the important stuff by proxy and not care if the dirt farming peasants all starve or not.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#42 Jul 03 2013 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Ok...more weapons then! I mean, a *lot* more. How about a few nukes mounted on missiles with a range of 100 miles?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#43 Jul 03 2013 at 6:13 PM Rating: Good
******
21,720 posts
Debalic wrote:
Ok...more weapons then! I mean, a *lot* more. How about a few nukes mounted on missiles with a range of 100 miles rigged to detonate upon launch?

____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#44 Jul 03 2013 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Ok...more weapons then! I mean, a *lot* more. How about a few nukes mounted on missiles with a range of 100 miles rigged to detonate upon launch?

Well, you'd need one **** of an undercover detective and a street-rat from the neighborhood to make sure it goes off in the right place.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#45 Jul 04 2013 at 7:15 AM Rating: Good
******
49,737 posts
It should be alright as long he has a monkey with a sword.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#46 Jul 04 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Excellent
**
493 posts
Screenshot
.
#47 Jul 04 2013 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
With a judge running the country, I'm sure matters will unfold in a manner precisely according to the letter of the law.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#48 Jul 04 2013 at 10:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
29,237 posts
He can proactively decide what laws need to stand and which ones should be scrapped. Clearly nothing can go wrong with that plan.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#49 Jul 04 2013 at 12:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,228 posts
I am the law.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#50 Jul 05 2013 at 1:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Debalic wrote:
Ok...more weapons then! I mean, a *lot* more. How about a few nukes mounted on missiles with a range of 100 yards?


That's plenty. Smiley: nod
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#51 Jul 06 2013 at 4:24 PM Rating: Good
Ministry of Silly Cnuts
*****
19,518 posts
I understand the Egyptian military is entirely dependent on US funding, and that under US law, said funding has to cease if the military undertake a coup.

Which probably explains why the western media are calling it everything but a coup d'état. Smiley: dubious

The MB's fall from favoUr may be a small setback, but I remain confident that my grandchildren will see a Caliphate that runs from Morocco to Chechnya.

Mission Accomplished, right kids? Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
"I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left" - Seasick Steve
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 73 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (73)