Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Debate #1... GO!Follow

#402 Oct 12 2012 at 4:15 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
8,943 posts
2+2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#403 Oct 13 2012 at 11:19 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
catwho wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
\ Because 2+2 still =4.
That's just a theory that only some people believe.


It also assumes you're working in Base 10. In Base 4, 2+2=10.


Not sure if serious but ill take the bait.

In base 4
2+2 = 10 = 1 Four, and 0 Ones.
Ergo 2+2 = 4 displayed as 10.

In base 10
2+2 = 4, 4 ones. or written extended as 04 which is 0 tens and 4 ones.


____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#404 Oct 13 2012 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
Will swallow your soul
******
28,183 posts
Reminds me of the adage that there are 10 kinds of people in the world.

Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#405 Oct 13 2012 at 12:01 PM Rating: Decent
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
I find it kind of sad catwho's so insecure about her own intelligence that she has to stoop to this kind of thing. It's doubly sad that in her bid to convince everyone she understands bases (honestly, who's impressed by that anyway?) she ends up getting it wrong. Notating it 2+2=4 doesn't mean you're working in base ten, it just means you're working in a base above four.

Honestly, I feel kind of embarassed for her.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#406 Oct 13 2012 at 12:55 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,943 posts
Samira wrote:
Reminds me of the adage that there are 10 kinds of people in the world.

Those that understand binary, and those who don't.


I have the "Keepin it real" shirt with the "no i" logo. I think only two people understood it. I have a couple of nerd shirts. I secretly laugh at people who ridicule but don't understand.Smiley: lol
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#407 Oct 13 2012 at 1:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I hate all of you right now.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#408 Oct 13 2012 at 1:35 PM Rating: Decent
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I hate all of you right now.


I'm a little disappointed to hear that.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#409 Oct 13 2012 at 1:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,183 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I hate all of you right now.



You don't hate me.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#410 Oct 13 2012 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,530 posts
Screenshot
.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#411 Oct 13 2012 at 3:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Samira wrote:
You don't hate me.



mebbe a little bit Smiley: mad
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#412 Oct 13 2012 at 4:25 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,889 posts
I was told there would be no math!
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#413 Oct 13 2012 at 7:24 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,220 posts
Kavekk wrote:
I find it kind of sad catwho's so insecure about her own intelligence that she has to stoop to this kind of thing. It's doubly sad that in her bid to convince everyone she understands bases (honestly, who's impressed by that anyway?) she ends up getting it wrong. Notating it 2+2=4 doesn't mean you're working in base ten, it just means you're working in a base above four.

Honestly, I feel kind of embarassed for her.


And I'm incredibly grateful you care so much about my well-being you had to criticize my one-off attempt at a joke. I need more people like you in my life.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#414 Oct 13 2012 at 8:04 PM Rating: Decent
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Quote:
my one-off attempt at a joke


You're out of the comedy business for good, huh?

I'm glad, 'cause attempt is the right word for it.

Also you're dumb. Like, super dumb. And you smell. And...
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#415 Oct 13 2012 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,220 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Quote:
my one-off attempt at a joke


You're out of the comedy business for good, huh?

I'm glad, 'cause attempt is the right word for it.

Also you're dumb. Like, super dumb. And you smell. And...


Yo' mama.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#416 Oct 14 2012 at 1:17 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,806 posts
catwho wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
Quote:
my one-off attempt at a joke


You're out of the comedy business for good, huh?

I'm glad, 'cause attempt is the right word for it.

Also you're dumb. Like, super dumb. And you smell. And...


Yo' mama.

**** just got real yo!
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#418 Oct 14 2012 at 1:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,530 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
Smasharoo,

I stopped reading after you said we haven't spent enough. That's the only I mean only liberal defense for your failed economic theories. The fact is we know that cutting taxes spurs economic growth. That's not even debatable. We also know that to many people are receiving government welfare of some sort. The solution is simple implementation is another matter altogether. When over 40 % of the people are on the take. So you take that liberal speak about not spending enough and shove it up your **** because that's what it's worth.


Didn't you get the memo? This thread is now about math. Smiley: schooled
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#419 Oct 14 2012 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,220 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
crazylegz1975 wrote:
Smasharoo,

I stopped reading after you said we haven't spent enough. That's the only I mean only liberal defense for your failed economic theories. The fact is we know that cutting taxes spurs economic growth. That's not even debatable. We also know that to many people are receiving government welfare of some sort. The solution is simple implementation is another matter altogether. When over 40 % of the people are on the take. So you take that liberal speak about not spending enough and shove it up your **** because that's what it's worth.


Didn't you get the memo? This thread is now about math. Smiley: schooled


If you guys think math is hard for me.... well, just think of the poor trolls.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#420 Oct 14 2012 at 2:27 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,889 posts
Hey I saw a number and a symbol of some sort in that post. Though the kind of math used to come up with that figure seems questionable...
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#421Almalieque, Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 7:52 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Since we're talking about math.. I figured that I would bring up my favorite math post
#422 Oct 14 2012 at 8:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
well this thread got lame real quick.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#423 Oct 14 2012 at 8:15 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,220 posts
Don't worry, we'll have a debate #3 thread to make up for it real soon.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#424 Oct 14 2012 at 8:17 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
I didn't read that post the first time and I'm not going to start now.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#425 Oct 14 2012 at 9:34 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,564 posts
It's nice that you're all so enthusiastic about math.
#426 Oct 15 2012 at 1:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,922 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Since we're talking about math.. I figured that I would bring up my favorite math post

Almalieque wrote:
Kavek wrote:
Another word salad. Delightful.

Yes, and my point was that this was not the case, as anyone who takes you seriously enough as an intellectual to engage with you earnestly in debate is likely themselves stupid, because they can't recognise how pig thick you are. BT insults the general intelligence of this group by saying your intellect is average (median) within iy, which allows for specific individuals within that group being intelligent (and just having a particularly demanding sense of pity, say).


Ok, let me prove it to you.

Suppose there are two groups of people, group A and group B.

Let intelligence be measured in a score from 1 to n

Assume that the lowest possible score considered to be human is n/2.

I was stated to have less than human intelligence, so let x represent the difference of intelligence that I have from the borderline intelligence, n/2. Or in other words (n/2) - x.

Since I represent the median intelligence for group B, that makes the range of group B to be 1 to (n-2x)

Therefore, as x increases, the range for group B decreases.

So, there is potential for some intelligent people, but not much if I'm as dumb as you say I am. Group B starts off at a disadvantage and the dumber you claim me to be, the dumber you claim them to be.

Just don't complain about semantics math.


Edit: Can't believe I forgot this..

Q.E.D.

Edit 2:

median != average


And yet your math, like your logic, is based on faulty premises, shaky inferences, falsified statistics and troubled fundamental operators, leaving the reader to wonder, "Wow, is this really the best this poor man can do?".
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#427Almalieque, Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 4:29 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Smiley: lol How funny and ironic. Why dont you note your own ridicule and actually disprove it if you feel so confident.
#428 Oct 15 2012 at 5:40 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,677 posts
Quoting really isn't all that difficult.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#429 Oct 15 2012 at 7:16 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,564 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Quoting really isn't all that difficult.

Q.E.D.
#431 Oct 15 2012 at 8:14 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,443 posts
Says the person who got "to" and "too" mixed up.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#432 Oct 15 2012 at 8:46 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,674 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Timelordwho wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Since we're talking about math.. I figured that I would bring up my favorite math post

[quote=Almalieque][quote=Kavek]Another word salad. Delightful.

Yes, and my point was that this was not the case, as anyone who takes you seriously enough as an intellectual to engage with you earnestly in debate is likely themselves stupid, because they can't recognise how pig thick you are. BT insults the general intelligence of this group by saying your intellect is average (median) within iy, which allows for specific individuals within that group being intelligent (and just having a particularly demanding sense of pity, say).


Ok, let me prove it to you.

Suppose there are two groups of people, group A and group B.

Let intelligence be measured in a score from 1 to n

Assume that the lowest possible score considered to be human is n/2.

I was stated to have less than human intelligence, so let x represent the difference of intelligence that I e, n/2. Or in other words (n/2) - x.

Since I represent the median intelligence for group B, that makes the range of group B to be 1 to (n-2x)

Therefore, as x increases, the range for group B decreases.

So, there is potential for some intelligent people, but not much if I'm as dumb as you say I am. Group B starts off at a disadvantage and the dumber you claim me to be, the dumber you claim them to be.

Just do faulty premises, shaky inferences, falsified statistics and troubled fundamental operators, leaving the reader to wonder, "Wow, is this really the best this poor man can do?".


Smiley: lol How funny and ironic. Why dont you note your own ridicule and actually disprove it if you feel so confident.

Who said what again?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#433 Oct 15 2012 at 10:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,624 posts
Allegory wrote:
It's nice that you're all so enthusiastic about math.


Yay math! Smiley: yippee

Day late and dollar short?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#434 Oct 15 2012 at 5:01 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,943 posts
Quote:
Quoting really isn't all that difficult.


I was on my cell and all I did was "quote all" and replied.. Not sure why it turned out that way.

____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#435 Oct 15 2012 at 5:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,141 posts
Leaked Debate Agreement Shows Both Obama and Romney are Sniveling Cowards
by John Cook

Time's Mark Halperin has made himself useful for once by obtaining, and publishing, a copy of the 21-page memorandum of understanding that the Obama and Romney campaigns negotiated with the Commission on Presidential Debates establishing the rules governing this month's presidential and vice presidential face-offs. The upshot: Both campaigns are terrified at anything even remotely spontaneous happening.

They aren't permitted to ask each other questions, propose pledges to each other, or walk outside a "predesignated area." And for the town-hall-style debate tomorrow night, the audience members posing questions aren't allowed to ask follow-ups (their mics will be cut off as soon as they get their questions out). Nor will moderator Candy Crowley. Rest of article

Full 21-page memorandum of understanding






Edited, Oct 15th 2012 7:09pm by jtftaru
____________________________
.
#436 Oct 15 2012 at 6:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
So it'll be like every other presidential debate?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#437 Oct 16 2012 at 7:24 AM Rating: Good
******
43,443 posts
Well, probably not the ones before television and radio, though we'd have to ask Bijou about it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#438 Oct 16 2012 at 7:27 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,674 posts
I thought tonight's debate was supposed to be a town hall type discussion with normal old (heavily screened) people asking their own (pre-edited and carefully balanced) questions of the two men.

I suppose that leaves a bit more room for non-scripted stuff to come up.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#439 Oct 16 2012 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
******
43,443 posts
And if you ask if they like pepperoni or sausage on their pizza, you can get a free pizza a week for thirty years from Pizza Hut.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#440 Oct 16 2012 at 7:34 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,674 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
And if you ask if they like pepperoni or sausage on their pizza, you can get a free pizza a week for thirty years from Pizza Hut.

I'd never have to go grocery shopping again!

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#441 Oct 16 2012 at 3:40 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,943 posts
TLW?

You're still working on the disproof?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#442 Oct 16 2012 at 4:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,922 posts
Almalieque wrote:
TLW?

You're still working on the disproof?


Faulty premise: You have an intelligence quotient below the range of human, and based your measurement system off it >> part of set cannot be outside set
Shaky inference: Average determines range of value groups >> disconnected, which is why useful statistics have other tools to show degree of variance
Falsified statistics: You are of average intelligence out of this forum group >> Standard BT trolling, not something to base a mathematical proof
Troubled operators: more data points on one end of a spectrum swings a range such that median != midpoint, undefined group sets,
Faulty conclusions: All conclusions generated.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#443 Oct 16 2012 at 5:00 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,943 posts
Your made up terminology is amusing. Therefore, I'm not taking your response seriously.

TLW wrote:
Faulty premise: You have an intelligence quotient below the range of human, and based your measurement system off it >> part of set cannot be outside set


False: Barking Turtle referenced to a population and said I was the median, it's within the set. The part of me being "sub-human" is irrelevant to the said set. It's nothing more than a measurement. Try again.

TLW wrote:
Shaky inference: Average determines range of value groups >> disconnected, which is why useful statistics have other tools to show degree of variance


I wasn't doing an "average" Try again.

TLW wrote:
Troubled operators: more data points on one end of a spectrum swings a range such that median != midpoint, undefined group sets,


What? Smiley: lol You're reaching hard.. the range was defined with no gaps. Try again.

TLW wrote:
Faulty conclusions: All conclusions generated.


Which were? Either you don't know what the conclusion is and/or you're really dense.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#444 Oct 16 2012 at 5:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,922 posts
Unsurprisingly, you don't understand; even after a painfully clear explanation.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#445 Oct 16 2012 at 5:19 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,943 posts
You obviously have nothing and just made up generic responses.. I just responded, like I'm doing now, for the +1.

The simple fact that you said "conclusions", is a dead give away. I feel better. I thought for a moment that I made a mistake. Thanks !
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#446 Oct 16 2012 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Oh, I wouldn't say you made a mistake.

Oh, I wouldn't say you made a mistake.

Oh, I wouldn't say you made a mistake.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#447 Oct 16 2012 at 5:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,199 posts
I have nothing to add to this conversation except a video, which probably makes more sense then some of the arguments in here.

____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#448 Oct 16 2012 at 6:22 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,943 posts


This is one of my favorites
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#449 Oct 16 2012 at 6:23 PM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
Might as well drop this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QlwilbVYvUg


Edited, Oct 16th 2012 7:24pm by BrownDuck
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#450 Oct 16 2012 at 6:44 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,943 posts
Lol, that is clever and funny
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#451 Oct 16 2012 at 7:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,922 posts
Almalieque wrote:
You obviously have nothing and just made up generic responses.. I just responded, like I'm doing now, for the +1.

The simple fact that you said "conclusions", is a dead give away. I feel better. I thought for a moment that I made a mistake. Thanks !


Unsurprisingly, you still don't understand
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 43 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Bijou, gbaji, Samira, TirithRR, Anonymous Guests (38)