Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

# RomneyShamblesFollow

#52 Jul 30 2012 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
I'm an Anglophile myself, but the Mr. Bean and James Bond segments were the only thing I really enjoyed out of that whole ceremony. Also, apparently the US didn't get to see the 7/7 tribute segment. We didn't miss much, to be honest.


Ah, I was wondering where that Phelps interview came from. Stupid decision to cut that segment...and for what, yet another interview where we ask a pothead about his ambitions?

Meh. Well, here are some Olympic-related tweets. They're a mixed bag, but there's a couple of good ones.

My favorite:

@RickMuscles: "Phelps just swam like a dude who likes weed and subway sandwiches."

Another Olympian, a Swiss soccer-player, was just booted from the games for a mean-tweet.

I've seen too much of Phelps. I won't fault him for his swimming, he has nothing to prove But, SO many excuses from the American media types. 'shew' They dont like seeing their hero fail.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#53 Jul 30 2012 at 5:07 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
ThiefX wrote:
Quote:
Romney said mean things about my country. I didn't even know (or care) that he was here


And nobody but the liberals could care less that Mitt "insulted" England. (Actually most of are laughing that some of you got all bent out of shape over what he said and the attempt of the left leaning media to turn into something big)


This exactly. If you've actually heard the audio of his statements to Williams, it was not only *not* insulting, but was a pretty well thought out, polite, and diplomatic answer to the question he was asked. But then, most of those who are outraged about it have never actually heard the audio. They are reacting to all the media talking about how horribly he insulted them and assume it must be true.


I find it really funny given the crying about Obama supposedly being taken out of context.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#54 Jul 30 2012 at 5:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
4,310 posts
He's trying to prove that he can handle foreign diplomacy so the only opinions that matter are those of foreign people and the foreign people think he's a tool. Feel free to elect him so we can all point and laugh.
#55 Jul 30 2012 at 5:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
ThiefX wrote:
...
This exactly. If you've actually...

There ya go. TheifX and Gbaji agree that Romney did juuuuuuuusssst fine and only the liberals would ever say otherwise Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#56 Jul 30 2012 at 6:35 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
He's trying to prove that he can handle foreign diplomacy so the only opinions that matter are those of foreign people and the foreign people think he's a tool. Feel free to elect him so we can all point and laugh.


Ah... So "nutty UK media trash mags" == "foreign people" now? You're also forgetting that the issue is how people in the US view how he handle's foreign diplomacy. And most folks in the US, upon hearing of this uproar over his gaffes and then reading what he did or said, think "huh? What's wrong with that?" and pretty much come to the same "their media is nuts" conclusion I do. When you trim away the silly (referring to the backside of 10 Downing Street), the WTF is this an issue (mentioning that he met with the head of MI6 after meeting with the head of MI6), the outright absurd (let's ask him about an allegation by a reporter of an off the record comment by an unnamed staffer. Really?), and then the taken out of context and grossly misrepresented bit about the Olympics, you're left with nothing.


I can only assume that the political Left is so painfully aware of how poorly Obama has performed in his foreign policy role that they have to do everything possible to knock Romney down to his level. I'll take Romney's supposed gaffes over Obama's disastrous actual policies any day though.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#57 Jul 30 2012 at 7:21 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
And most folks in the US, upon hearing of this uproar over his gaffes and then reading what he did or said, think "huh? What's wrong with that?" and pretty much come to the same "their media is nuts" conclusion I do.

Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#58 Jul 30 2012 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,049 posts
Most people? Got any polls on that?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#59 Jul 30 2012 at 7:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Gbaji is the very definition of whistling past the graveyard.

I'm not saying this whole debacle will directly cost Romney votes. But the whole purpose of the visit was to burnish some sort of foreign policy credentials and Romney has fumbled his first two stops in a manner that has people from both sides of the aisle shaking their heads and saying "WTF?"

The best thing Romney can get now from Poland will be stories that boil down to "Romney somehow manages not to fuck this last stop up." No one is coming away from this thinking "Wow, this guy is ready for the international stage".
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#60 Jul 30 2012 at 7:49 PM Rating: Good
****
4,158 posts
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications), the state of the press in the US that I had the misfortune to see whilst in California last month makes the lowliest of UK media look pretty bloody good imo.

And Romney is a Mormon. 'Nuff said.
____________________________
"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders". Carlin.

#61 Jul 30 2012 at 8:11 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,049 posts
Romney should forget about Poland.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#62 Jul 30 2012 at 8:14 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Jophiel wrote:
But the whole purpose of the visit was to burnish some sort of foreign policy credentials and Romney has fumbled his first two stops in a manner that has people from both sides of the aisle shaking their heads and saying "WTF?"


That's what you've been told, so it must be true.

Quote:
The best thing Romney can get now from Poland will be stories that boil down to "Romney somehow manages not to fuck this last stop up." No one is coming away from this thinking "Wow, this guy is ready for the international stage".


Lol. Like I said. Trying waaaaaay too hard. You really really ought to step outside the MSNBC/liberal-bloger bubble sometime.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#63 Jul 30 2012 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
That's what you've been told, so it must be true.

You mean I've read stuff from people on both sides saying "WTF?" so it must be true when I say that people on both sides are saying "WTF"?

Well... yeah. I didn't expect you to agree with me so readily but... thanks?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#64 Jul 30 2012 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
So not only has he managed to **** off the brits, one of our strongest allies in the world, according to one of those "nutty UK media trash mags," he's also managed to essentially promise to support Israel going to war with iran if he wins, and understandably, **** off the Palestinians in the process. (And apparently, the Mexicans as well, but I include Mexico with Canada in "Countries whose opinion doesn't matter, but are fun to listen to because they have funny accents" I don't actually do that) Can't wait to see how you try to justify Romney trying to fix our economy by having us go to war with a third country, gbaji. I don't expect anything from ThiefX aside from rabid sensationalism, but at least you manage to be coherent and somewhat civil Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jul 30th 2012 11:30pm by Jinte
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#65 Jul 31 2012 at 12:56 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,158 posts
Lady Jinte wrote:
So not only has he managed to **** off the brits, one of our strongest allies in the world, according to one of those "nutty UK media trash mags," he's also managed to essentially promise to support Israel going to war with iran if he wins, and understandably, **** off the Palestinians in the process. (And apparently, the Mexicans as well, but I include Mexico with Canada in "Countries whose opinion doesn't matter, but are fun to listen to because they have funny accents" I don't actually do that) Can't wait to see how you try to justify Romney trying to fix our economy by having us go to war with a third country, gbaji. I don't expect anything from ThiefX aside from rabid sensationalism, but at least you manage to be coherent and somewhat civil Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jul 30th 2012 11:30pm by Jinte


War is good for the economy don't you know?

And surely by now you must have realised that the Palestinians, down to the very last man, woman and malnourished child, are all terrorists and as such are the sole authors of their own misfortune....

Really! In the 10 months I've been away, the level of edumacated posting has declined somewhat dramatically.Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders". Carlin.

#66 Jul 31 2012 at 5:44 AM Rating: Decent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,541 posts
I'm going to qualify that a bit.

A just war is good for the economy.

WWII was a just war. The US was not the aggressors, and when we got punked by Japan, the USians were righteously ****** for good reasons. When the whole of the country is enthused about a war and is willing to sacrifice for the good of the military, the economy can be robust afterward.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#67 Jul 31 2012 at 9:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Mittens whines some more about the mean ole media in regards to his overseas fiasco of a trip.
Quote:
And I realize that there will be some in the Fourth Estate, or whichever estate, who are far more interested in finding something to write about that is unrelated to the economy, to geopolitics, to the threat of war, to the reality of conflict in Afghanistan today, to a nuclearization of Iran. They'll instead try and find anything else to divert from the fact that these last four years have been tough years for our country.

"Guuuuyyyyss!! Why aren't you talking about the domestic economy when you're covering my foreign policy trip?!?! Why don't you talk about Afghanistan when I'm embarrassing the nation before the Olympics!?!? SO UNFAIR!!!"

Maybe he should jump up and down and demand apologizes from them all Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#68 Jul 31 2012 at 9:18 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Maybe he should jump up and down and demand apologizes from them all Smiley: laugh
I would watch that.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#69 Jul 31 2012 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
catwho wrote:
The US was not the aggressors, and when we got punked by Japan, the USians were righteously ****** for good reasons. When the whole of the country is enthused about a war and is willing to sacrifice for the good of the military, the economy can be robust afterward.


Assuming you get to bomb the other guy's factories, and they don't bomb yours of course.

His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Maybe he should jump up and down and demand apologizes from them all Smiley: laugh
I would watch that.


Me too.

Smiley: popcorn
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#70 Jul 31 2012 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
paulsol wrote:
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications),

Unfortunately the majority of the UK read shit like "The Sun", which is more or less printed Fox News. Very sad.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#71 Jul 31 2012 at 9:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,417 posts
Nilatai wrote:
paulsol wrote:
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications),

Unfortunately the majority of the UK read shit like "The Sun", which is more or less printed Fox News. Very sad.


It's not a coincidence, 'The Sun" is part of Rupert Murdock's media empire.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#72 Jul 31 2012 at 9:57 AM Rating: Default
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
paulsol wrote:
Lady Jinte wrote:
So not only has he managed to **** off the brits, one of our strongest allies in the world, according to one of those "nutty UK media trash mags," he's also managed to essentially promise to support Israel going to war with iran if he wins, and understandably, **** off the Palestinians in the process. (And apparently, the Mexicans as well, but I include Mexico with Canada in "Countries whose opinion doesn't matter, but are fun to listen to because they have funny accents" I don't actually do that) Can't wait to see how you try to justify Romney trying to fix our economy by having us go to war with a third country, gbaji. I don't expect anything from ThiefX aside from rabid sensationalism, but at least you manage to be coherent and somewhat civil Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jul 30th 2012 11:30pm by Jinte


War is good for the economy don't you know?

And surely by now you must have realised that the Palestinians, down to the very last man, woman and malnourished child, are all terrorists and as such are the sole authors of their own misfortune....

Really! In the 10 months I've been away, the level of edumacated posting has declined somewhat dramatically.Smiley: oyvey

Just going to further qualify what catwho said. One just war, that the citizens support, is good for the economy. A third controversial war that (I would assume, based on the fact that during the last election, McCain's "Bomb Iran" sentiment cost him a fair number of votes) a fair majority (read: any educated individual not of the deep war-hawk nature and/or not an uneducated redneck who just thinks we should bomb the whole middle east and be done with it) are either uneasy about the idea of another simultaneous war, undecided about how well we could pull it off, given the job we've been doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, or entirely against it, though I'm also not arrogant enough to say that I speak for most people, is not good for the economy. There's absolutely no way it will have the backing of the majority populace, no matter how romney sugar coats it, because while people are stupid, they're not as stupid as most politicians think. Besides, of the three, do we really want to go to war with a country that both hates us and has been ******* with nuclear energy for years now? Even if we don't think they've weaponized it, if we were openly aggressive, I doubt it would take them long to get something together...
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#73 Jul 31 2012 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
paulsol wrote:
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications),

Unfortunately the majority of the UK read shit like "The Sun", which is more or less printed Fox News. Very sad.


It's not a coincidence, 'The Sun" is part of Rupert Murdock's media empire.

Precisely. I think he owns a few of the other Tabloids too. It's funny, the Sun used to be a very Labour paper. Suddenly switched allegiances to the Tories after Newcorp bought them.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#74 Jul 31 2012 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,580 posts
To simplify what others have said

War, just or unjust, is good for the economy.
Occupation is bad for the economy.
____________________________
"What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.............or cripple you for life." - Accari
#75 Jul 31 2012 at 11:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Jimpadan wrote:
Occupation Having Mexican, Palestinian or Ecuadorian culture is bad for the economy.

____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#76 Jul 31 2012 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,541 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Jimpadan wrote:
Occupation Having Mexican, Palestinian or Ecuadorian culture is bad for the economy.



You mean, your superior culture is why your economy is better than the other guys.

Get it right! Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#78 Jul 31 2012 at 12:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Totally. And given the state of our economy, I can only guess Mexican culture is entirely about sitting in puddles of mud and poking at one another with sticks.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#79 Jul 31 2012 at 1:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Totally. And given the state of our economy, I can only guess Mexican culture is entirely about sitting in puddles of mud and poking at one another with sticks.
That would be Ecuadorian, minus the puddles.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#80 Jul 31 2012 at 1:03 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Totally. And given the state of our economy, I can only guess Mexican culture is entirely about sitting in puddles of mud and poking at one another with sticks tools fashioned from sticks.
They are human after all.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#81 Jul 31 2012 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
To put a fine period on Romney's trip, the Polish Solidarity union has disavowed any endorsement of Mitt and rebuked his anti-union ideology.
Solidarity's website wrote:
In relation to Lech Walesa’s meeting with Mitt Romney, a candidate for President of the USA, I wish to inform that NSZZ “Solidarnosc” is in no way involved in the organization of this meeting nor had the initiative to invite Mitt Romney to Poland.

Regretfully, we have learned from our friends in the American trade union central AFL-CIO, representing over 12 million workers, about Mitt Romney’s support for the attacks against trade unions and labor rights. In this respect, I wish to express, on behalf of the President of NSZZ “Solidarnosc” Piotr Duda, our solidarity with American workers and trade unions. NSZZ “Solidarnosc” will always support the AFL-CIO in their struggle for the right of workers to organize and bargain collectively.

Even the guys who started the Polish movement against communism in the 80's don't like Mitt.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#82 Jul 31 2012 at 1:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Tatham wrote:
It was more relevant than you would know or ever care to learn. It showcased some of the best parts of our history,
The nurses and doctors symbolized the National Health Service (NHS) which is the real crown jewel of the UK and one of the best things we have ever come up with.

According to the conservative bright-bulbs at National Review, the opening ceremonies were akin to **** Germany and North Korea Smiley: laugh


Smiley: disappointedSmiley: facepalm
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#83 Jul 31 2012 at 1:59 PM Rating: Good
catwho wrote:
I'm going to qualify that a bit.

A just war is good for the economy.

WWII was a just war. The US was not the aggressors, and when we got punked by Japan, the USians were righteously ****** for good reasons. When the whole of the country is enthused about a war and is willing to sacrifice for the good of the military, the economy can be robust afterward.


The "just-ness" of a war is completely subjective and has nothing to do with how good or bad it will be for the economy.

Wars cost money, usually in the form of higher taxes or increase borrowing. The primary reason why WWII was good for our economy was that we had a strong manufacturing base to make all the **** needed to rebuild post-war Europe and Japan. Thanks to our trade policy, those days are gone.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#84 Jul 31 2012 at 2:38 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
catwho wrote:
I'm going to qualify that a bit.

A just war is good for the economy.

WWII was a just war. The US was not the aggressors, and when we got punked by Japan, the USians were righteously ****** for good reasons. When the whole of the country is enthused about a war and is willing to sacrifice for the good of the military, the economy can be robust afterward.


The "just-ness" of a war is completely subjective and has nothing to do with how good or bad it will be for the economy.

Wars cost money, usually in the form of higher taxes or increase borrowing. The primary reason why WWII was good for our economy was that we had a strong manufacturing base to make all the sh*t needed to rebuild post-war Europe and Japan. Thanks to our trade policy, those days are gone.


I think catwho was just referring to the public's perception, in that a war that's widely supported by the populous is better for the economy.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#85 Jul 31 2012 at 2:42 PM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
catwho wrote:
I'm going to qualify that a bit.

A just war is good for the economy.

WWII was a just war. The US was not the aggressors, and when we got punked by Japan, the USians were righteously ****** for good reasons. When the whole of the country is enthused about a war and is willing to sacrifice for the good of the military, the economy can be robust afterward.


The "just-ness" of a war is completely subjective and has nothing to do with how good or bad it will be for the economy.

Wars cost money, usually in the form of higher taxes or increase borrowing. The primary reason why WWII was good for our economy was that we had a strong manufacturing base to make all the sh*t needed to rebuild post-war Europe and Japan. Thanks to our trade policy, those days are gone.


I think catwho was just referring to the public's perception, in that a war that's widely supported by the populous is better for the economy.

Exactly. War is unjust no matter the reasons, but a war that the population supports won't have nearly the same level of negative impact as one that the population does not support, like the ones we're currently engaged in.
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#86 Aug 01 2012 at 3:30 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
So Romney apparently has an app that will tell you who his VP is when he chooses one and will get you free goodies if you get more people to grab the app. Now I'm curious, aside from this being a rather lame app, is it free or just a new way to make some money?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#87 Aug 01 2012 at 5:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
It's free. They're collecting your name, address, cell phone number, etc so they can have you on their phone and mailing lists. Plus the other usual demographic info.

A couple media folks made the "I downloaded this app so now I'll know before the media!" joke about it yesterday.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#88 Aug 01 2012 at 5:40 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Yeah, I found the "know before the media" line to be dumb as ****. You know the media will get this app too and since they'll get it, the world at large will know about 15 seconds after those with the app.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#89 Aug 01 2012 at 6:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,345 posts
I think the joke was that the media is not being told anything. As a member of the media, this is his only source of info.

Journalists are bitter, yo.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#90 Aug 01 2012 at 6:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Nah, it was a laugh at the "You'll know before the media" plug for the app.

I figure the chance of me finding out via some media source is higher than the chance of me actually paying attention to my phone app at the moment of the announcement. That and I'll likely say "Rob Portman, huh? That's nice" when I find out, anyway.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#91 Aug 01 2012 at 6:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,320 posts
I bet Kao could finagle things so that when the Mitt App that he downloads gets the 'alert' and flashes that name across his smart-screen, it will automatically generate a post in =4. Then the Asylum gets to know before the media too.





Edited, Aug 1st 2012 2:49pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#92 Aug 01 2012 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
******
21,718 posts
I wonder if he'll mispell his VP candidate's name this time around.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#93 Aug 01 2012 at 8:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,417 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
I wonder if he'll mispell his VP candidate's name this time around.


Nah, if he can't remember the spelling he'll just call them "Mr./Mrs. VP Candidate".
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#94 Aug 01 2012 at 8:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
"Is it okay if I just call you Joe?"
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#95 Aug 01 2012 at 8:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,417 posts
Jophiel wrote:
"Is it okay if I just call you Joe?"


Call Me Al.

____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#96 Aug 01 2012 at 9:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,778 posts
Quote:
paulsol wrote:
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications),


Quote:
Nilatai wrote:
Unfortunately the majority of the UK read sh*t like "The Sun", which is more or less printed Fox News. Very sad.


Quote:
It's not a coincidence, 'The Sun" is part of Rupert Murdock's media empire.


The good news is that Rupert Murdoch's name is mud here now, with the News International Phone Hacking Scandal (Well worth researching by the way) still ongoing. As a result of this one of his papers "The News of the World" was axed and "The Sun" is soon-to-be under investigation for similar criminal offenses. Murdoch's empire is being systematically expelled from the UK, thank god. This isn't taking into account that Murdoch himself has been moving more and more assets to the USA and appeared on FOX News to say that he doesn't care about the English people anymore, which added another layer to the sh*t sandwich.
Paul McMullan is part of this "Gutter Press" who gets verbally mauled in this YouTube video.

The reasons "The Sun" sells so many papers is because,
1. It's dirt-cheap (30p), reflected in the quality of the writing too.
2. It never provides evidence or cites it's sources, it acts on "Opinion" (Guess Who's?)
3. Guys like seeing topless women.
4. Women like reading "Dear Deardrie" segments and like the trashy columns about celebrities.
5. Shorter articles, for people with short attention spans who don't want to get the full story.

Personally I read The Independent and/or The Guardian. Sure, they cost considerably more than other papers (£1.20) but the quality of journalism found is leagues better than anything Murdoch's rags provide. Despite being the herald for the end of life as we know it, I'll let The Daily Mail slide.

Back on topic, Romney is a tool.

Edited, Aug 1st 2012 11:02am by Tatham
____________________________
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus -- William Ernest Henley
#97 Aug 01 2012 at 9:30 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Tatham wrote:
The reasons "The Sun" sells so many papers is because,
1. It's dirt-cheap (30p), reflected in the quality of the writing too.
2. It never provides evidence or cites it's sources, it acts on "Opinion" (Guess Who's?)
3. Guys like seeing topless women.
4. Women like reading "Dear Deardrie" segments and like the trashy columns about celebrities.
5. Shorter articles, for people with short attention spans who don't want to get the full story.


wut.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#98 Aug 01 2012 at 9:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Tatham wrote:
The reasons "The Sun" sells so many papers is because,
1. It's dirt-cheap (30p), reflected in the quality of the writing too.
2. It never provides evidence or cites it's sources, it acts on "Opinion" (Guess Who's?)
3. Guys like seeing topless women.
4. Women like reading "Dear Deardrie" segments and like the trashy columns about celebrities.
5. Shorter articles, for people with short attention spans who don't want to get the full story.


wut.
Yea, that's big difference between European print and NA. Maxim magazine has nude shots and ads in it as well, if you buy the European print.

Which raise the an answer to one of the other threads. Being a liberal means you get to see more boobs.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#99 Aug 01 2012 at 10:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Being a liberal means you get to see more boobs.


For the first time in my life I have a sudden urge to register as a Democrat.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#100 Aug 01 2012 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,778 posts
Eske Sequire Wrote:
Quote:
wut.


The Sun is infamous/famous for having "Page Three Girls" (NSFW) on Pg. 3 of each edition. These girls are accompanied by frankly hilarious blurbs such as "Jenny from Essex says that ____ ____ ____, and that people should _____ _____ ____". While these girls are indeed hot, too many men take their "Opinions" as gospel truth and that blurb becomes their own opinion on the matter at hand. It's like the newspaper is trying to convince men to follow their cause or agree with them by putting their own views next to a picture of a topless woman as if it were her own thoughts, when they're clearly not.

"Hey man, that hot chick there thinks the opposition party are losers"
"Yeah! If I think along those lines I might get me some of that..."

It's funny to witness but sad to see how many people formulate their opinions on it.
They'd never get away with this in the states I'd imagine.

Edited, Aug 1st 2012 1:02pm by Tatham
____________________________
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus -- William Ernest Henley
#101 Aug 01 2012 at 11:17 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,512 posts
Tatham wrote:
They'd never get away with this in the states I'd imagine.
You might be surprised.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 37 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (37)