- Two muffins are baking in an oven. The first muffin says, "boy, it sure is hot in here." The second muffins replies, "HOLY sh*t, A TALKING MUFFIN!"
- Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL), who has been on medical leave for about a month, finally disclosed the nature of his medical condition. He's apparently being treated for a "mood disorder" of some variety. One can only assume that it's hereditary since his father has had stage 5 a-holism for at least a decade.
- When it's really hot out, it's global warming. But when it's really cold out, it's just weather, not "climate." Unless there's a winter storm, in which case that's also global warming.
- Viacom, which owns channels like Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon, was dropped from DirecTV last night due to disputes over a price increase. During primetime programming last night, a banner at the bottom of the screen (from DirecTV) implored customers to fight against this $1 billion cost increase, while a banner right above it (from Viacom) reassured customers that the increase was only a few pennies a month per subscription. And, when Viacom aired a commercial urging customers to call DirecTV and complain, the audio and video flashed in and out like a strobe light, returning to normal as soon as the commercial was over. Considering these are both multi-billion dollar firms, you'd think they could resolve their dispute without the juvenile antics, right?
- Less than two months until the NFL preseason starts. Squeeeeeeee!
Edited, Jul 11th 2012 7:18pm by Demea