Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

F-You PakistanFollow

#27 May 23 2012 at 11:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
The US was never getting their monies worth. But, since 2009, we've approached it with much more of a "We paid and now we're going to act" attitude and stepped up the drone strikes and actions against the Pakistani protests taking out a considerable number of targets. And, of course, the bin Laden mission. Which is what this doctor thing is really all about -- Pakistan was globally embarrassed over the obvious failures of their intelligence, the probable fact that portions of their government were in collusion with Al'Qaeda to hide/not act on bin Laden's whereabouts and that the US took him out on Pakistani soil unilaterally.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#28 May 23 2012 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,374 posts
Jophiel wrote:
The US was never getting their monies worth. But, since 2009, we've approached it with much more of a "We paid and now we're going to act" attitude and stepped up the drone strikes and actions against the Pakistani protests taking out a considerable number of targets. And, of course, the bin Laden mission. Which is what this doctor thing is really all about -- Pakistan was globally embarrassed over the obvious failures of their intelligence, the probable fact that portions of their government were in collusion with Al'Qaeda to hide/not act on bin Laden's whereabouts and that the US took him out on Pakistani soil unilaterally.
The only thing that surprises me, is that it took this long for Pakistan to openly slap you guys in the face. And that you seem somehow surprised by it.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#29 May 23 2012 at 11:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I've been saying Pakistan is shit for years and years. I'm hardly surprised; I'm just taking the time to point it out once again.

If it were up to me, we'd take five years worth of "aid" to Pakistan, put it in a suitcase* with a bow and hand it to India just as a "fuck you". The amusement factor of that alone would exceed any value we get from Pakistan.


*We might need a bigger suitcase

Edited, May 23rd 2012 12:52pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#30 May 23 2012 at 11:57 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,826 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I've been saying Pakistan is shit for years and years. I'm hardly surprised; I'm just taking the time to point it out once again.

If it were up to me, we'd take five years worth of "aid" to Pakistan, put it in a suitcase* with a bow and hand it to India just as a "fuck you". The amusement factor of that alone would exceed any value we get from Pakistan.


*We might need a bigger suitcase

Edited, May 23rd 2012 12:52pm by Jophiel


I'm thinking a few steamer trunks would work.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


World of Warcraft
Aggramar Alliance
Allizsah: 92 Human Paladin
#31 May 23 2012 at 12:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Looking it up, five years worth of aid would look like this times ten..
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#32 May 23 2012 at 12:03 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,745 posts
I vote we fly planes, two at a time, over the country every day. One plane drops armed explosives that detonate when opened, the other food and/or money and whatever other aid. All in similar boxes, and in random patterns. Not just for Pakistan, though.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#33 May 23 2012 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
I can understand being frustrated with the lack of cooperation coming from Pakistan given their supposedly friendly stance and the fact the US pays them quite a bit of money. I fail to see how this justifies drone strikes either legally or morally. It seems like a pretty bad idea generally, really.

Quote:
Well, they could certainly take a stand by not cashing the checks.


Reparations!
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#34 May 23 2012 at 12:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Looking it up, five years worth of aid would look like this times ten..


Well then it's settled. Load it onto 10 trucks and pay Pakistan $50,000 to let you drive across their country just to add in extra giggles.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#35 May 23 2012 at 12:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
someproteinguy wrote:
Well then it's settled. Load it onto 10 trucks and pay Pakistan $50,000 to let you drive across their country just to add in extra giggles.

Win.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#36 May 23 2012 at 1:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,567 posts
Kavekk wrote:
I fail to see how this justifies drone strikes either legally or morally.

It's much easier to inform a Predator Drone's next of kin about his horrible, untimely demise than it is for live soldiers.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#37 May 23 2012 at 1:11 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Demea wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
I fail to see how this justifies drone strikes either legally or morally.

It's much easier to inform a Predator Drone's next of kin about his horrible, untimely demise than it is for live soldiers.


****, sorry, I forgot that only Americans are people.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#38 May 23 2012 at 1:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I don't follow. Are you against the drones or the strikes? If a guy in a fighter jet fired off the missiles, would it make a difference?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#39 May 23 2012 at 1:14 PM Rating: Good
***
1,182 posts
Yes, because the United States is the only nation in history to incur collateral damage in battle. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
- No animals were harmed in the making of this post.
#40 May 23 2012 at 1:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Kavekk wrote:
sh*t, sorry, I forgot that only Americans are people.


Sorry, but the DNA tests were inconclusive. Smiley: frown

Perhaps we didn't get a large enough sample size though; I'm sure this misunderstanding could be cleared up by just swabbing a few more individuals. If you could provide those samples that'd be great. Of course, if you're a little short handed we understand, and could recommend a very good doctor to help you out if you'd like.


Edited, May 23rd 2012 12:18pm by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#41 May 23 2012 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I don't follow. Are you against the drones or the strikes? If a guy in a fighter jet fired off the missiles, would it make a difference?


Nah, I wouldn't care if the US was using conventional airstrikes to catch criminals. It's the drones' souls I'm worried about.

It's hard enough for a machine to get into heaven as it is.

Quote:
Yes, because the United States is the only nation in history to incur collateral damage in battle.


You're not at war with Pakistan.

Edited, May 23rd 2012 7:24pm by Kavekk
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#42 May 23 2012 at 1:30 PM Rating: Good
******
49,745 posts
Yet.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#43 May 23 2012 at 2:12 PM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,246 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Quote:
Yes, because the United States is the only nation in history to incur collateral damage in battle.


You're not at war with Pakistan.

We're not at war with anyone. The war on terror is over, remember?
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#44 May 23 2012 at 3:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,228 posts
The US has really expensive and ineffective propaganda in the region.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#45 May 23 2012 at 4:31 PM Rating: Decent
Everyone's Oiran
*****
15,952 posts
Given his job, I take TLW as a credible guy who's workmate told him what his friend told him what his contact told him on this one.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#46 May 24 2012 at 5:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,228 posts
Not at all, it's just common knowledge.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#47 May 24 2012 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,567 posts
http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/foreign-aid/229371-senate-cuts-aid-to-pakistan-by-33-million-in-retaliation-for-tribal-court-ruling-in-bin-laden-case

Quote:
Senate appropriators unanimously voted Thursday to cut Pakistani aid by $33 million, or $1 million for every year a Pakistani doctor will spend in prison for helping the CIA find Osama bin Laden.

Finally, strong action in response to Pakisan's shenanigans. Then again...

Quote:
The cut represents about 4 percent of the $800 million set aside for Pakistan next fiscal year...

Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#48 May 24 2012 at 1:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,374 posts
Smiley: lol
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#49 May 24 2012 at 1:19 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,745 posts
That'll learn them.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#50 May 24 2012 at 1:54 PM Rating: Decent
Everyone's Oiran
*****
15,952 posts
Face it, the USA is pouring trillions of dollars all over the middle eastern and Central Asian region in order to set up the world chess board to secure ongoing flows of crude oil out of and piped across those places.

If only the US was pouring a sizable fraction of that into getting economies of scale in renewable energy alternatives that are source-able within your own nation. For instance, large scale algae farms that can be grown in tanks on marginal land, and directly used in cars, trucks and aeroplanes as an alternative to "gas".

Edited, May 24th 2012 3:55pm by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#51 May 24 2012 at 5:26 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
34,933 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Face it, the USA is pouring trillions of dollars all over the middle eastern and Central Asian region in order to set up the world chess board to secure ongoing flows of crude oil out of and piped across those places.

If only the US was pouring a sizable fraction of that into getting economies of scale in renewable energy alternatives that are source-able within your own nation. For instance, large scale algae farms that can be grown in tanks on marginal land, and directly used in cars, trucks and aeroplanes as an alternative to "gas".


Ah yes! The "If only we did <this other thing that I haven't thought through>, everything would be perfect!" argument. An oldie, but a goodie.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 91 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (91)