Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Feds to sue banks over fraudFollow

#52 Sep 05 2011 at 4:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,949 posts
You know things are legit when Hitler is called into play within 30 seconds.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#53 Sep 05 2011 at 5:07 PM Rating: Good
Some guy with a fake news show shows clips of congress and the press holding these weasels' feet to the fire. I don't see where the hidden corruption is, it's all being brought out into the light.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#54 Sep 05 2011 at 5:35 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,770 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
Some guy with a fake news show shows clips of congress and the press holding these weasels' feet to the fire. I don't see where the hidden corruption is, it's all being brought out into the light.


First of all, this isn't a "fake news" show. Secondly, I told you that it takes time to explain and that includes the players. The people in the video are some of the puppets which are part of the FED. For example, I'm sure you heard Obama talking about eliminating lobbying prior to him taking office. The FED are the primary lobbyists because they control the banks and the power associated with them. The Koch brothers are key lobbyists if you need more names to further your own research. So is the Rockefeller clan and anyone associated with these big bankers.

I'm disappointed this stuff isn't common knowledge to you. Insider trading and corruption go hand and hand in business. We see it all the time, but for some reason, people don't want to believe it can happen on the grand scale. Think about it like this. Every person no matter how rich or powerful they are wants more, it's human nature. The super rich elite class can change laws because they buy off their politicians. If you don't want to believe that, just take a quick look at Obama's record or Bush for that matter. Haliburtion's stock doubled while I was serving in Iraq. It was just coincidence right that Bush/Cheney's company just happened to be there as paid contractors, right.

Or how about Obamacare? You know not a single GOP voted for it and the public was told to wait until it passed to learn about it. Do you know that 64% of all new businesses are small business in the past 15 years? It might shock you to know that 1/8 of every small business will have no choice to terminate their health care plan for employees because of the 40% tax to the industry. Or how about in 2016 you'll be fined for not having health care, $695 bucks or 2.5% of your annual salary whichever is higher. Do I need to go on?

The point is politics and the banking industry is corrupt. The FEDs interviewed in the clip don't care if they have to print more money or want to believe gold is a valid currency. Go check your local retailers, pal. I recently checked a few by my house and gold has tripled in the past month. You might not know this stuff and I'm not trying to call you out. I'm hoping to educate and make people wake up and realize we are in serious trouble. All this bickering and pwning each other isn't going to help when the truth finally dons on people. The morale of the story is this. If you don't trust me and I have no motive to mislead you, what about those that have a reason to lie to you? I employ you to use some critical thinking and stop responding with snippy comebacks. Peace
#55 Sep 05 2011 at 5:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Do I need to go on?
Please do. This is enlightening.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#56 Sep 05 2011 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,237 posts
Genesis Communications Network is the pinnacle of news and information. They even have iPhone and Android apps!
____________________________
Banh
#57 Sep 05 2011 at 5:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
I really think you guys should start typing it out as FED. Looks better and more ominous that way.
#58 Sep 05 2011 at 5:50 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,770 posts
Uglysasquatch, Mercenary Major wrote:
Please do. This is enlightening.


Sadly I don't believe your intention here was to be serious. I'm interested in hearing your views though on the subject. Maybe if I could relate better to people's own perceptions it might help to explain things more.
#59 Sep 05 2011 at 7:05 PM Rating: Good
Quote:

First of all, this isn't a "fake news" show.
Yes it is.
Quote:
Or how about Obamacare? You know not a single GOP voted for it
I never said I supported partisan politics. Nor do most people here when it comes down to it.
Quote:
and the public was told to wait until it passed to learn about it.
That was Pelosi. Were I in San Fansisco I wouldn't vote for her just because of that comment. If I were a Democratic congressman, I wouldn't support her as party leader.
Quote:
It might shock you to know that 1/8 of every small business will have no choice to terminate their health care plan for employees because of the 40% tax to the industry.
As far as crystal balls go, do you rent or own?
Quote:

The point is politics and the banking industry is corrupt.
Politics and the banking industry are corrupt.
Quote:
The FEDs interviewed in the clip don't care if they have to print more money or want to believe gold is a valid currency. Go check your local retailers, pal. I recently checked a few by my house and gold has tripled in the past month
Realistically, gold moved from a currency to a commodity in the 1700s or earlier. Also, the price of gold hasn't tripled in the last 30 years, never mind the last month.
Quote:
If you don't trust me and I have no motive to mislead you, what about those that have a reason to lie to you? I employ you to use some critical thinking and stop responding with snippy comebacks.
I don't think you are trying to mislead anyone but rather have been mislead yourself and snippy comebacks are the best way to deal with delusional people, at least on an internet message board.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#60 Sep 05 2011 at 7:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Uglysasquatch, Mercenary Major wrote:
Please do. This is enlightening.


Sadly I don't believe your intention here was to be serious.
No, I'm serious. I often enjoy hearing crazy ideas. Sometimes they have some basis for merit and if not, then it's entertaining to see how far off the deep end someone may be.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#61 Sep 05 2011 at 7:28 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
some people can go pretty far.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#62 Sep 05 2011 at 8:23 PM Rating: Good
**
500 posts
Quote:
No, I'm serious. I often enjoy hearing crazy ideas. Sometimes they have some basis for merit and if not, then it's entertaining to see how far off the deep end someone may be.


My best guess would be that Shadow is talking about the kind of stuff in this video.

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/45389/The-American-Dream-Complete-Film-HD-Federal-Reserve-Scam/


Also, if you have time to kill you can just go to: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/ and look under "Economics". They have about 7 pages worth, much of it about the FED and such.

Just a heads up. On this site "Documentary" applies to a style, not to a films factual content.
____________________________
Never regret.To regret is to assume.
#63 Sep 05 2011 at 8:50 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,921 posts
Actually, Lube, from what I can tell gold has done more than that in the past twelve years or so, from some 300+ in 2000 to whatever it is now- 1800-1900.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#64 Sep 05 2011 at 8:57 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,643 posts
Jophiel wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I have my doubts of the worth of currency created with yellowcake uranium. Smiley: dubious
My understanding is that it's highly coveted in Iraq.
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want to walk around with it in my pockets.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#65 Sep 05 2011 at 8:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,770 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
Yes it is.


So what is not a fake news show? I know, you must mean FOX NEWS right? Because we all know FOX is fair and balanced. Wait... no it's not. CNN then, right? Nope, they couldn't cover a story if it was sent to them wrapped in a bow. None of the mainstream media can cover a story anymore without biased politics interfering. But it's ok for them to be biased, right?

As for your gold comment, I've talked with friends that work with gold at the retailer level. They've told me gold has jumped by 3x so I'm going off their word, not yours. I've also heard stock prices talking about gold prices and it's going up exponentially.
#66 Sep 05 2011 at 9:05 PM Rating: Excellent
It is the asylum, so I guess it makes sense that when people lose it, they do it in here.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#67 Sep 05 2011 at 9:15 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
None of the mainstream media can cover a story anymore without biased politics interfering
I agree with you there. No snarky comments or anything.
Quote:
As for your gold comment, I've talked with friends that work with gold at the retailer level. They've told me gold has jumped by 3x so I'm going off their word, not yours. I've also heard stock prices talking about gold prices and it's going up exponentially.

Screenshot
It turns out that neither of us were wrong. In the short term gold has shot up. But if history repeats itself, I really wouldn't want to be buying gold right now.

Edited, Sep 5th 2011 11:17pm by Lubriderm
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#68 Sep 05 2011 at 9:48 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,770 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
I agree with you there. No snarky comments or anything.


Thank you, I appreciate that.

Quote:

It turns out that neither of us were wrong. In the short term gold has shot up. But if history repeats itself, I really wouldn't want to be buying gold right now.

Edited, Sep 5th 2011 11:17pm by Lubriderm


I think what really concerns me is I know how the FED is keeping the country alive. You hear it all the time how much money is borrowed from China to pay for these wars in the Middle East. Considering 60% of our national budget is defense, that doesn't give me warm fuzzy thoughts on our future of the dollar.

Point #2 Right after we defaulted on our debt, China was quoted as saying something about wanting a stronger world currency because the dollar is so weak right now and investors have all their stock in it.

Point #3 As a solider in the Iraq war invasion, I can tell you as soon as the government fell, their money was useless. All you would see was thousands of people marching down to Baghdad with wads of their old money in hand knowing it was useless selling it off as a souvenir. Most experts predict that the US economy will collapse no matter what we do, but the FED is stalling by printing more money. We sure can't afford to pay for these wars. I hate to say it, but gold has been around for over 6000 years. If an old country like Iraq can fall, so can our country. The FED is a private bank with control of global resources. As a matter of fact, 75% of all our money is out of the country. I'd rather have 10,000 worth of gold now than 10,000 dollars.
#69 Sep 05 2011 at 10:05 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
Point #2 Right after we defaulted on our debt, China was quoted as saying something about wanting a stronger world currency because the dollar is so weak right now and investors have all their stock in it.
We never defaulted. China made those comments prior to the credit downgrade which is what I think you meant when you said default.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#70 Sep 05 2011 at 10:13 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,921 posts
No wai. The US is Too Big To Fail.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#71 Sep 05 2011 at 10:20 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,770 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
We never defaulted. China made those comments prior to the credit downgrade which is what I think you meant when you said default.


You're correct, I meant credit downgrade. I need to proofread my posts more. My overall statement still stands though. The bubble is about to burst. I think you realize that printing more money doesn't helps us in the long run. It only postpones the financial problem until later. Are you against these illegal wars? Iraq Afghanistan etc...

Edited, Sep 5th 2011 11:20pm by ShadowedgeFFXI
#72 Sep 05 2011 at 10:28 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
Are you against these illegal wars? Iraq Afghanistan etc...
Afghanistan was legit. Iraq wasn't. Lybia will probably work out since we went about it the right way (involved other nations; only provided support).
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#73 Sep 06 2011 at 7:13 AM Rating: Good
***
1,050 posts
I was around a friends house once and he had one of his conspiracy theory friends visiting that day.

I'm starting to wonder if it was Shadowedge right about now because I'm getting some real eerie flashbacks...
____________________________
RotZ: Complete | CoP: Complete | ToAU: Complete | ACP: Complete | MKE: Complete | ASA: Complete | WotG: Complete
#74 Sep 06 2011 at 7:27 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,921 posts
Miitan wrote:
I was around a friends house once and he had one of his conspiracy theory friends visiting that day.

I'm starting to wonder if it was Shadowedge right about now because I'm getting some real eerie flashbacks...

I'm thinking Shadowedge is my brother-in-law's father.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#75 Sep 06 2011 at 7:35 AM Rating: Good
I hope the gold bubble pops sometime between now and November 1012, just so I can listen to Hannity and Beck blaming Obama.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#76 Sep 06 2011 at 7:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
I hope the gold bubble pops sometime between now and November 1012, just so I can listen to Hannity and Beck blaming Obama.

Can I borrow your Delorean?
#77 Sep 06 2011 at 7:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Can I borrow your Delorean?
Yes, but you need to fill it up. The lybians aren't falling for the pinball parts thing anymore.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#78 Sep 06 2011 at 7:53 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,815 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
catwho wrote:

Bout **** time.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2011 9:00am by catwho


You realize that the FED really owns these banks, right? /facepalm

Screenshot


The image seems broken. It's not moving.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#79 Sep 06 2011 at 7:58 AM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,815 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
These banks are traded on the stock exchange. While the FED could do plenty to squash any one of them, they don't own them.


This is a tricky situation so I'll explain what I meant. There are 2 theories that could apply to almost every single one of these banks. Either A) the bank has a controlling interest by those that work/are connected to the FED or B) By "own", I mean control those that actually own the banks because to go against the FED(stronger than the mafia) is suicide. The FED owns so many banks and runs them as dummy corporations with these bank CEO's working for their interests. I wish the FED was just an extension of the government, but it's much worse than that. I'll tell you another thing. Every time the the government bails out a corporation, that company is controlled by the FED at the highest levels if it wasn't already. There lies the problem and the reason why bailouts don't work.

Quote:
Yes, the loss of value of the dollar should create inflation in oil much more than any other commodity even when we know that the emerging markets are screaming for energy, too. Makes total sense.


Good this means you won't **** at the gas prices, but at the FED that just screwed you.
...cuz sometimes you feel like a nut.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#80 Sep 06 2011 at 10:26 AM Rating: Default
***
2,971 posts
Loobes,

I've been saying gold will continue to increase in value if Obama is re-electected and decrease if not. I'll wait until Oct 2012 to make the decision to unload what i've got or not.

I told all you idiots to invest in gold when Obama was elected. Just like I told you to invest in gold when the Dems took control of congress during W's second term. Gold was around 750$ when I started buying it back in 05. By the end of next year, when I expect to unload it, it will be easily over 2k an o. And that's why I have money and most of you liberal tw*ts b*tch about me having it.

#81 Sep 06 2011 at 10:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,815 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Loobes,

And that's why I have money and most of you liberal tw*ts b*tch about me having it.

...all the better to tax you with.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#82 Sep 06 2011 at 10:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,921 posts
Elinda wrote:
varusword75 wrote:
Loobes,

And that's why I have money and most of you liberal tw*ts b*tch about me having it.

...all the better to tax you with.

He's a conservative, he doesn't have to pay taxes. Only people who do work pay taxes.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#83 Sep 06 2011 at 11:07 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,643 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
I told all you idiots to invest in gold when
Glenn Beck told you to.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#84 Sep 06 2011 at 6:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
644 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Gold was around 750$ when I started buying it back in 05. By the end of next year, when I expect to unload it, it will be easily over 2k an o. And that's why I have money and most of you liberal tw*ts b*tch about me having it.



So is there no connection between gold going up and people buying gold because somebody told them to? This just strikes me as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Buy gold because its gonna go up, everybody wants to buy gold, demand increases, so the price rises.
#85 Sep 06 2011 at 6:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Encyclopedia
******
31,548 posts
xantav wrote:
varusword75 wrote:
Gold was around 750$ when I started buying it back in 05. By the end of next year, when I expect to unload it, it will be easily over 2k an o. And that's why I have money and most of you liberal tw*ts b*tch about me having it.



So is there no connection between gold going up and people buying gold because somebody told them to? This just strikes me as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Buy gold because its gonna go up, everybody wants to buy gold, demand increases, so the price rises.


Of course there's a connection. That's why most sane people recognize that gold is a bubble right now. But it'll stay a bubble until other elements of the economy start to recover. The trick is knowing when to bail on gold so that you gain money on it. Most people will lose money. Certainly, most people buying gold right now will.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#86 Sep 06 2011 at 7:04 PM Rating: Good
******
30,642 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Gold was around 750$ when I started buying it back in 05. By the end of next year, when I expect to unload it, it will be easily over 2k an o. And that's why I have money and most of you liberal tw*ts b*tch about me having it.



I easily get a bonus every Christmas that is over 2k, and I didn't have to shell out $750 six years ago to do so.

So, uh, no.
#87 Sep 06 2011 at 10:01 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,770 posts
gbaji wrote:



Of course there's a connection. That's why most sane people recognize that gold is a bubble right now. But it'll stay a bubble until other elements of the economy start to recover. The trick is knowing when to bail on gold so that you gain money on it. Most people will lose money. Certainly, most people buying gold right now will.


I'm not so sure this time. The US government has never been this broke in our history. If only are problems could be solved with a quick fix, I'd agree with you. This time however a collapse will happen one of two ways. Either A) the FED prints more money and thus your money becomes useless by hyperinflation or B) our debt collectors buy our debt. Now I serious doubt any country has the means to buy 14 trillion in REAL assets so it's only logically to conclude option 1 is more likely. All printing money will do is stall for time. It will cause more problems than it's worth because most of America is on a fixed income. If inflation goes too high, you'll kill people literally.

Edit
Option 3 is a long shot because it all depends if Ron Paul can win office. If our defense budget was cut in half or more, the currency could possibly bounce back in theory. This would call for most of the troops and contractors being pulled out of the Middle East though. So like I said, it's a long shot, but it's the only shot we have left. Don't believe those liars running for office. Social security, Medicare, etc is a drop in the bucket compared to nation building costs. I think paying off half the debt would be possibly in 4 years in theory if they follow Paul's plan.

Edited, Sep 6th 2011 11:07pm by ShadowedgeFFXI
#88 Sep 06 2011 at 10:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
The US government has never been this broke in our history.


Linky.

Just for the graph. The U.S. Govt. had a higher level of debt as a percentage of GDP shortly after WWII. It's the private sector that's in deeper than it's even been before. Smiley: smile
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#89 Sep 07 2011 at 12:23 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,770 posts
someproteinguy wrote:


Linky.

Just for the graph. The U.S. Govt. had a higher level of debt as a percentage of GDP shortly after WWII. It's the private sector that's in deeper than it's even been before. Smiley: smile


There are some differences now. The biggest difference is when Nixon separated us away from the gold standard. Rapid inflation happened ever since and our economy has never been as secure. #2 You realize that the bailouts to the private sector are paid out by the FED. I'm interested in your thoughts on this matter. We need to learn all we can from each other.
#90 Sep 07 2011 at 5:21 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Quote:
Of course there's a connection. That's why most sane people recognize that gold is a bubble right now. But it'll stay a bubble until other elements of the economy start to recover. The trick is knowing when to bail on gold so that you gain money on it. Most people will lose money. Certainly, most people buying gold right now will.


I'm actually kind of impressed you understand that.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#91 Sep 07 2011 at 7:18 AM Rating: Good
someproteinguy wrote:
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
The US government has never been this broke in our history.


Linky.

Just for the graph. The U.S. Govt. had a higher level of debt as a percentage of GDP shortly after WWII. It's the private sector that's in deeper than it's even been before. Smiley: smile
Well, it's a good thing that Eisenhower cut taxes for the rich to help move things along.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#92 Sep 07 2011 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
EDIT: Sometimes I forget that there are more pages to a thread.

Edited, Sep 7th 2011 11:29am by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#93 Sep 07 2011 at 9:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Eske Esquire wrote:
EDIT: Sometimes I forget that there are more pages to a thread.

Edited, Sep 7th 2011 11:29am by Eske

____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#94varusword75, Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 10:32 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lagaga,
#95 Sep 07 2011 at 10:35 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,643 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
blind as anne frank.
Your fabulous fact checking skills.

On related news, Kevin Smith continues to be a horrible comic writer.

Edited, Sep 7th 2011 12:37pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#96 Sep 07 2011 at 11:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,815 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:

First of all, this isn't a "fake news" show.
It's not a news show at all. It's just another tinfoil-hat talk show, a second rate one at that. The jock that accused the federal gov of being behind the Oklahoma City bombing can't even get syndicated air time anymore.

Quote:

The point is politics and the banking industry is corrupt.
You mean there are politicians and bankers that are dishonest? I don't believe it.


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#97 Sep 07 2011 at 11:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:


Linky.

Just for the graph. The U.S. Govt. had a higher level of debt as a percentage of GDP shortly after WWII. It's the private sector that's in deeper than it's even been before. Smiley: smile


There are some differences now. The biggest difference is when Nixon separated us away from the gold standard. Rapid inflation happened ever since and our economy has never been as secure. #2 You realize that the bailouts to the private sector are paid out by the FED. I'm interested in your thoughts on this matter. We need to learn all we can from each other.


I'm seeing an oligopoly and instances of corruption. The idea that people are conspiring or working together behind the scenes seems unverifiable and unnecessary. It's kind of like The Incredible Hulk putting on brass knuckles before punching someone.

But my lack of knowledge about things is a bit limitless, and I'm just shooting from the hip here. Smiley: wink
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#98 Sep 07 2011 at 12:05 PM Rating: Excellent
You're too apologetic Protein. Simply make up your mind and then inform us of the truth.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#99 Sep 07 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
You're too apologetic Protein. Simply make up your mind and then inform us of the truth.


Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.

<3 Dr. Seuss

____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#100 Sep 07 2011 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,548 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Edit
Option 3 is a long shot because it all depends if Ron Paul can win office. If our defense budget was cut in half or more, the currency could possibly bounce back in theory. This would call for most of the troops and contractors being pulled out of the Middle East though. So like I said, it's a long shot, but it's the only shot we have left.


Ah... You're a Paulite. Explains a lot!


Quote:
Don't believe those liars running for office. Social security, Medicare, etc is a drop in the bucket compared to nation building costs. I think paying off half the debt would be possibly in 4 years in theory if they follow Paul's plan.


Sigh... Debate trick #5. When stating something that is completely false, always precede it with a statement about how those who say differently are liars.


Your statement is wrong. It's not just wrong, it's completely 180 degrees the wrong direction wrong. In 2010, the total defense budget was $689B. Social Security alone was $700B. Medicare was $520B. Medicaid was $272B. "Income Security" (welfare basically) was $437B.

The totals for social spending just in those areas adds up to $1929B. Total Defense spending is less than 1/3rd of what we spend on the social stuff. Oh... And that's only counting the non-discretionary spending. We also have Domestic Discretionary spending, which amounts to $614B. Now, to be fair, a small amount of that falls into the category you might call "defense" (domestic defense stuff, some research, maybe some national guard spending, etc). But an overwhelming amount of dollars in that domestic spending category also falls into social spending or infrastructure categories. I don't count that normally because some of that is worth doing and some of it isn't.

The point is that we only need to look at Social Security to see that you're wrong. The other stuff just makes you that much more wrong. Sadly, if history is any indicator, in a week you'll have conveniently forgotten this and still be insisting that defense is the number one expense our Federal government has.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#101 Sep 07 2011 at 3:36 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,770 posts
gbaji wrote:


The point is that we only need to look at Social Security to see that you're wrong. The other stuff just makes you that much more wrong. Sadly, if history is any indicator, in a week you'll have conveniently forgotten this and still be insisting that defense is the number one expense our Federal government has.


Your numbers are wrong. The money set for contractors alone is over 600B and that's NOT including any of our defense projects. You expect me to believe your figures when we're policing most of the Middle East right now, either on or off the record. I'm interested what you have against Paul. He's supported by the military more than other candidate for a reason. You know the people that know the real deal. These sleazy media outlets don't have a clue. I don't think you understand what's it like to risk your life based on a lie. I was there day 1 in Iraq and I worked with the CIA/Green beret/Seals/British forces etc. I know how much this war costs, don't insult my intelligence. I was there and I know how much it costs to wage a war/police a country.

We spend at LEAST 60% of all our tax dollars on these wars. I don't care if the money goes to Black OP projects, contractors, or even rebuilding efforts. Don't even get me started with the drug trade in Afghanistan and our soldiers(my friends) who are forced to watch them. I had to babysit the oil wells in Iraq, not that it did us any good. The spin that the mainstream media claims is total b.s. I bet you can't even explain why these government contractors get paid up to 5x as much to do the same job as someone in the military. I don't mean to come off blunt, but you seriously have no clue. Please don't buy into that propaganda. Even if Social security costs as much as you claim, you realize there is supposed to be a 2.5 trillion surplus for it. In other words, it's NOT in the budget at all. Why... Because we the people already paid into for years and continue to do so.



Edited, Sep 7th 2011 4:43pm by ShadowedgeFFXI
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 64 All times are in CDT
Allegory, Belkira, Jophiel, Kastigir, libbjooso, Anonymous Guests (59)