Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Rebels pushing on TripoliFollow

#102 Aug 31 2011 at 7:51 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Maybe they just put beacons on their vehicles? Maybe the SAS liaisons were doing just that, liaising. You know, radioing in "Hey, they're attacking X, don't(or do) blow it up"

Doesn't mean NATO is illegally running a civil war.


I never said it was illegal. ****. I think it was the right thing to do. I think you're missing that my criticism isn't what was done, but that it took 5+ months to do it because some of our leaders (particularly Obama) had used anti-military-intervention rhetoric to get elected so they had to lie about doing the right thing. Which is bizarre if you stop and think about it.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#103 Aug 31 2011 at 7:54 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Maybe they just put beacons on their vehicles? Maybe the SAS liaisons were doing just that, liaising. You know, radioing in "Hey, they're attacking X, don't(or do) blow it up"

Doesn't mean NATO is illegally running a civil war.


I never said it was illegal. ****. I think it was the right thing to do. I think you're missing that my criticism isn't what was done, but that it took 5+ months to do it because some of our leaders (particularly Obama) had used anti-military-intervention rhetoric to get elected so they had to lie about doing the right thing. Which is bizarre if you stop and think about it.

You misunderstand me, I'm saying it would be illegal. It would overstep the bounds of the original mission, which was to stop Gadaffi from using artillery on civilians. I'm pretty sure even training them would be considered to be illegal, in that context, but then again SAS have about as much disregard for the UN as the USA does.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#104 Aug 31 2011 at 8:09 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Nilatai wrote:
You misunderstand me, I'm saying it would be illegal. It would overstep the bounds of the original mission, which was to stop Gadaffi from using artillery on civilians. I'm pretty sure even training them would be considered to be illegal, in that context, but then again SAS have about as much disregard for the UN as the USA does.


Smiley: lol Smiley: lol Smiley: lol Smiley: lol Smiley: lol

/em wipes tears from eyes

You're precious. Gullible as ****, but precious.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#105 Aug 31 2011 at 8:36 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
You misunderstand me, I'm saying it would be illegal. It would overstep the bounds of the original mission, which was to stop Gadaffi from using artillery on civilians. I'm pretty sure even training them would be considered to be illegal, in that context, but then again SAS have about as much disregard for the UN as the USA does.


Smiley: lol Smiley: lol Smiley: lol Smiley: lol Smiley: lol

/em wipes tears from eyes

You're precious. Gullible as ****, but precious.

Uh huh. Pointing out the facts shows my naivete, eh?


What you're suggesting is going on would be illegal. Do you disagree?

I bet you think the US is in charge of the NATO operation too, don't you? Smiley: rolleyes

Here's a little titbit for you: The USA didn't lead the charge on this one, Obama's uhming and ahhing over his stance on Libya had very little to do with how things played out. The fact is this is a civil war, the people have split into factions and were fighting one another. As civil wars go, this one resolved itself rather quickly, after Gaddafi lost his ability to use anything more than small arms on civilians.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#106 Sep 01 2011 at 6:21 AM Rating: Good
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
But NATO don't have boots on the ground. Aside from a few SAS liaisons training the rebels?


Aside from that... Smiley: lol

Okay, I'll admit two to three SAS teams could have won Libya in a week, but you're making it sound like there is a significant NATO presence on the ground. There isn't. Stop spreading misinformation.


"Presence" is measured in ways other than numbers of boots. It's very clear from the radical change in air to ground coordination just a few weeks ago that those special forces teams were doing more than training. We were basically running their ground war for them in terms of command and control. Had to be. It was those NATO special forces who were giving the orders to rebel commanders and telling them where to put their units and when.

This has to be true because the only way to coordinate air and ground forces that well is if both are following the same set of commands and are hooked into the same network of information. And since it's a very good bet that we didn't give the rebels access to our military networks, that what we did was put our guys into their command tents with our equipment and ran their war for them. Or is this still too hard to noodle out?
So NATO provided air support and coordinated with the ground forces. How is that a significant ground presence?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#107 Sep 01 2011 at 6:23 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
But NATO don't have boots on the ground. Aside from a few SAS liaisons training the rebels?


Aside from that... Smiley: lol

Okay, I'll admit two to three SAS teams could have won Libya in a week, but you're making it sound like there is a significant NATO presence on the ground. There isn't. Stop spreading misinformation.


"Presence" is measured in ways other than numbers of boots. It's very clear from the radical change in air to ground coordination just a few weeks ago that those special forces teams were doing more than training. We were basically running their ground war for them in terms of command and control. Had to be. It was those NATO special forces who were giving the orders to rebel commanders and telling them where to put their units and when.

This has to be true because the only way to coordinate air and ground forces that well is if both are following the same set of commands and are hooked into the same network of information. And since it's a very good bet that we didn't give the rebels access to our military networks, that what we did was put our guys into their command tents with our equipment and ran their war for them. Or is this still too hard to noodle out?
So NATO provided air support and coordinated with the ground forces. How is that a significant ground presence?

Because "significant" means; A few liaisons with access to radio equipment.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#108 Sep 01 2011 at 7:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Nilatai wrote:
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
But NATO don't have boots on the ground. Aside from a few SAS liaisons training the rebels?


Aside from that... Smiley: lol

Okay, I'll admit two to three SAS teams could have won Libya in a week, but you're making it sound like there is a significant NATO presence on the ground. There isn't. Stop spreading misinformation.


"Presence" is measured in ways other than numbers of boots. It's very clear from the radical change in air to ground coordination just a few weeks ago that those special forces teams were doing more than training. We were basically running their ground war for them in terms of command and control. Had to be. It was those NATO special forces who were giving the orders to rebel commanders and telling them where to put their units and when.

This has to be true because the only way to coordinate air and ground forces that well is if both are following the same set of commands and are hooked into the same network of information. And since it's a very good bet that we didn't give the rebels access to our military networks, that what we did was put our guys into their command tents with our equipment and ran their war for them. Or is this still too hard to noodle out?
So NATO provided air support and coordinated with the ground forces. How is that a significant ground presence?

Because "significant" means; Whatever garbaji wants it to mean

FTFY
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#109 Sep 01 2011 at 3:06 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
gbaji wrote:

"Presence" is measured in ways other than numbers of boots. It's very clear from the radical change in air to ground coordination just a few weeks ago that those special forces teams were doing more than training. We were basically running their ground war for them in terms of command and control. Had to be. It was those NATO special forces who were giving the orders to rebel commanders and telling them where to put their units and when.

This has to be true because the only way to coordinate air and ground forces that well is if both are following the same set of commands and are hooked into the same network of information. And since it's a very good bet that we didn't give the rebels access to our military networks, that what we did was put our guys into their command tents with our equipment and ran their war for them. Or is this still too hard to noodle out?
So NATO provided air support and coordinated with the ground forces. How is that a significant ground presence?


It's like you didn't even bother to read. Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#110 Sep 02 2011 at 6:30 AM Rating: Good
Only joph bothers to read your bullshit walls of text.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2011 8:30am by Lubriderm
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#111 Sep 02 2011 at 7:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I mostly skim.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 27 All times are in CST
Almalieque, Kavekkk, Uglysasquatch, xantav, Anonymous Guests (23)