Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Kids these daysFollow

#1 Jan 06 2014 at 2:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,390 posts
Why do they always want what they can't have?

It started with the pet. What do we get? Dog? Cat? Hamster? Other? Well the oldest wanted a dog. Ooo, pricey, well lets see what we can do. In the end the problem wasn't that she wanted a dog, it's that all the dogs she was interested in were big dogs. Dalmations, Golden Retriever, etc. Nice dogs to be sure, but all over the weight limit for our apt. complex. Well darn it all. On the plus side though, the Guinea Pig is surprisingly popular and entertaining. Watching him "popcorn" in his plastic house thing has got to be about the most amusing thing I've seen a pet do in a while (seriously the whole house bounces around the cage, both cute and hilarious). Smiley: lol

Hasn't stopped the constant requests for the dog though, "Once we get a bigger house, then I can get a Shadow? (Homeward Bound reference)" is the daily inquiry. Smiley: rolleyes

Next was the activity. We're trying to find some kind of sport or something for the oldest to be interested in. Maybe gymnastics? Soccer? Violin? Something like that? Naw, of course not. After a long drought she finally found something she wants to try. What is it? Ringette...

Smiley: confused

Googles stuff...

Ahh okay, I can work with that...

More google...

Nice, the closest place in our country that offers it is in Michigan. That's only like 2,000 miles away. Smiley: glare

Well, back to the drawing board.

Then it was the youngest's turn this morning. I'm getting ready for work and she gets up all groggy, rubbing her eyes. I go over and give her a little hug "Good morning sweetie, how are you? Did you sleep well? Can I get you anything?"

*rubs eyes for a minute* "Square banana"

Um, you want a banana? Smiley: confused

"Square banana"

One of these? *holds up a banana*

"No!" tears are welling up now "square banana!"

"You mean the banana chips mommy made?" while showing her the jar. (dehydrated banana slices, not bad at all).

"NO, I WANT SQUARE BANANA!"

Sorry, we don't have any square bananas, how about you just eat this one? *hands her a pealed (it has to be pealed) banana*

"NO! SQUARE BANANA..." and the meltdown starts. Smiley: rolleyes

...

...

So yeah, they don't call them the terrible twos for nothing.

Kids these days. Smiley: rolleyes

Edited, Jan 6th 2014 12:50pm by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#2 Jan 06 2014 at 3:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
My wife would cut the banana into squares...
#3 Jan 06 2014 at 3:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,390 posts
Smiley: lol

Mine came out of the bedroom this morning upon hearing the wailing and was just as flustered as I was. I guess she spent some time trying to get the details out of the little one today. Apparently "square bananas" are simply sliced bananas in a bowl, but neither of us had any clue. Of course the 5 year old, when asked if she knew what square bananas were, enlightened us and said she knew all along what her sister wanted and what the problem was. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#4 Jan 06 2014 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
26,672 posts
And yet somehow you still like the damn kids at the end of the day.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#5 Jan 06 2014 at 3:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
I do?
#6 Jan 06 2014 at 4:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,964 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Smiley: lol

Mine came out of the bedroom this morning upon hearing the wailing and was just as flustered as I was. I guess she spent some time trying to get the details out of the little one today. Apparently "square bananas" are simply sliced bananas in a bowl, but neither of us had any clue. Of course the 5 year old, when asked if she knew what square bananas were, enlightened us and said she knew all along what her sister wanted and what the problem was. Smiley: rolleyes

Oh boy. 2 and 5. Take it from someone who raised two daughters and has the scars to prove it, 5 is still cute. By 8 they've learned that they have super powers, but don't yet know how to use them to take over the world.

By 10 they've learned how to direct those powers but they still don't have the ability to truly harness them. By 12 they've begun to harness the powers and are having fun making the adult male humanoid in the house drive them places and purchase them electronic items that they "need." By 13 they begin to see that the adult male in the house is akin to a lesser species. By 14 they realize that the piddly little amounts of money they've been forcing the adult male to part with is chump change.

By 15 they've learned how to confuse the adult male and cause him to lose the ability to speak clearly. By 16 they've learned how to remove all semblance of resistance to their requests for money and gifts from the brain of the adult male. By 17 they realize that the adult male at home serves one function - an ATM machine that they can empty without ever having to refill (my 23yo still "borrows" money from me). It really only gets worse from there.

Good Luck my friend. Take a bit of serious advice though and avoid the dating issue for as long as you can. When my daughter first asked me about going on a date with a guy she liked, I told her "Sure. Where are the three of us going?" She thought I was kidding.

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#7 Jan 06 2014 at 5:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,390 posts
I hope to barter dates in exchange for having the boyfriend come over and lift heavy objects and such. If the boy ain't bright, he still needs to be useful.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#8 Jan 06 2014 at 6:21 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,499 posts
I'm pretty sure I had most the rodent pets. Guinea pigs were probably my favorite, but the white rat I kept for the school for a couple summers was really a nice pet. Hamsters and gerbils were mean.

Best thing about guinea pigs is they really make pig noises.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#9 Jan 06 2014 at 10:09 PM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,781 posts
Ringette is an awesome sport to get into. Move to Michigan, you'll get used to the smell.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement"

#10 Jan 07 2014 at 7:51 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,067 posts
I love guinea pigs. They're adorable.

Wheat! Wheat! Wheat!
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#11 Jan 07 2014 at 8:39 AM Rating: Good
******
43,123 posts
I had a pair of ferrets growing up, and constantly disappearing items. They also liked hiding in socks, and an inability to escape after hiding. So freaking out ferrets are funny to watch for a good five minutes.

Edited, Jan 7th 2014 9:40am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#12 Jan 07 2014 at 9:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I had a pair of ferrets growing up, and constantly disappearing items. They also liked hiding in socks, and an inability to escape after hiding. So freaking out ferrets are funny to watch for a good five minutes.

Edited, Jan 7th 2014 9:40am by lolgaxe


How are ferrets for cleanliness, ease of care etc?
#13 Jan 07 2014 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
******
43,123 posts
Generally clean, though you need to bathe them occasionally. Bad eyesight so they run into things a lot, but their skulls seem to be thick enough so it doesn't bother them too much. Really picky eaters, so you kind of have to work on feeding them and hard to medicate because of it. They like to hide and steal things, so keep little things out of reach and cover places they can get stuck in unless it's kind of funny. Ridiculously playful and social so best if you have two or more. Pretty affectionate. Horrible homing sense so if they escape they're pretty much gone and they've essentially lost their wild instincts so they'll die of hunger so keeping an eye on them is crucial. They like to jump around a lot and with their bad eyesight they have a tendency of falling off couches and beds.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14 Jan 07 2014 at 10:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,390 posts
Iamadam wrote:
Ringette is an awesome sport to get into. Move to Michigan, you'll get used to the smell.
It looked like fun, but Michigan is out. I'll fill out the paperwork and go steal some Canadian's job before I'll get anywhere near that rust belt.

Catwho wrote:
Wheat! Wheat! Wheat!
Goodness, this, all morning. Someone's learned where his food comes from. Smiley: lol
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#15 Jan 07 2014 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
Been looking for a pet for the family but I'm severely allergic to cats and dogs (suffocating hospital visit severe). Need something clean and reasonably easy to care for (easy as in not complicated, I understand pets are work.) From what I'm reading they're not good to have with little kids though so might not be an option. I certainly don't want to jump in feet first and find out I have to get rid of the poor thing so I'm doing my research pretty thoroughly.
#16 Jan 07 2014 at 11:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,390 posts
Does it need to be cute and/or fuzzy? Things like frogs and lizards are pretty low maintenance.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#17 Jan 07 2014 at 12:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
Cute, fuzzy, feathered might do but nothing aquarium based. Something with decent interaction.

Edited, Jan 7th 2014 1:05pm by Yodabunny
#18 Jan 07 2014 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,067 posts
The aforementioned guinea pigs are a possibility. They're less breakable than the smaller guys (hamsters, gerbils mice), but themselves smaller and easier to care for than rabbits. Ferrets may also be an option, but I'm no expert on those and their workability with small children.

____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#19 Jan 07 2014 at 12:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,867 posts
Get a snake.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#20 Jan 07 2014 at 12:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
Allergic to guinea pigs, apparently there's some sort of relation between cats and guinea pigs. They're completely different entirely unrelated animals so I'm not sure what that is but that's what the "I don't want to suffocate" doctor said so I'm going with that.
#21 Jan 07 2014 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,669 posts
Get a hypoallergenic guinea pig.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#22 Jan 07 2014 at 12:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,117 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Get a hypoallergenic guinea pig.


Get someone to shave a regular Guinea Pig for you, it's much cheaper.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#23 Jan 07 2014 at 1:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,390 posts
Naked Mole Rat. Smiley: nod

Are those dogs and such that are easy on allergies an option, or still bringers of insta-death?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#24 Jan 07 2014 at 1:15 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,672 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Get a hypoallergenic guinea pig.
If you go that route there are also hypoallergenic cats and dogs.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#25 Jan 07 2014 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
******
43,123 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Get a hypoallergenic guinea pig.
Get someone to shave a regular Guinea Pig for you, it's much cheaper.
And one step closer to tossing it into a pot and cooking with with some chopped carrots and celery.

Edited, Jan 7th 2014 2:17pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#26 Jan 07 2014 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,499 posts
The furthest up the food chain I let my kids go with pets was a hermit crab.

They're non-furry and non-noisy and don't leave poops around. They do reside in an aquarium or terrarium - but you can take them out and play with them.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#27 Jan 07 2014 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,499 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Get a hypoallergenic guinea pig.
Get someone to shave a regular Guinea Pig for you, it's much cheaper.
And one step closer to tossing it into a pot and cooking with with some chopped carrots and celery.

Edited, Jan 7th 2014 2:17pm by lolgaxe
Try baking with a savory-raisin stuffing.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#28 Jan 07 2014 at 1:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,390 posts
Suck out the proteins, chop them into bits, fling them into an oscillating electrical field.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#29 Jan 07 2014 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Rats supposedly socialize well with humans and do well as pets. Mice, on the other hand, never really socialize properly and while you can handle them they're busy being terrified and trying to find an exit from the giant creature they assume is about to eat them.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#30 Jan 07 2014 at 1:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,117 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Rats supposedly socialize well with humans and do well as pets. Mice, on the other hand, never really socialize properly and while you can handle them they're busy being terrified and trying to find an exit from the giant creature they assume is about to eat them.


I don't know, rats usually turn out to be creepy old men who enjoy spending a lot of time in your lap.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#31 Jan 07 2014 at 1:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
Hypoallergenic is a myth. They tend to be the worst culprits actually.
#32 Jan 07 2014 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,669 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Get a hypoallergenic guinea pig.
If you go that route there are also hypoallergenic cats and dogs.
Can you even get a hypoallergenic guinea pig?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#33 Jan 07 2014 at 2:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,117 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Get a hypoallergenic guinea pig.
If you go that route there are also hypoallergenic cats and dogs.
Can you even get a hypoallergenic guinea pig?


All Googles point to no, but there is a supposed "hairless" variant.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#34 Jan 07 2014 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,672 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
Hypoallergenic is a myth. They tend to be the worst culprits actually.
I'm not allergic to anything so I've ever looked into it. But if that's off the table how about a pet tarantula?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#35 Jan 07 2014 at 2:26 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,117 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Yodabunny wrote:
Hypoallergenic is a myth. They tend to be the worst culprits actually.
I'm not allergic to anything so I've ever looked into it. But if that's off the table how about a pet tarantula?


Screenshot
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#36 Jan 07 2014 at 2:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I'd heard that tarantulas made pretty sh*tty pets. They're fairly fragile so you can't handle them too much and they don't really do a hell of a lot when they're in their tank. It's just a big spider in a terrarium.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#37 Jan 07 2014 at 3:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
You just have to put lots of fire ants in the terrarium and put it on top of the dryer.
#38 Jan 07 2014 at 3:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,672 posts
As far as I know it varies a lot depending on which one you get, some races are "pet holes" as they sit in their hole all day and stay hidden while others don't mind being handled at all and can take more abuse.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#39 Jan 07 2014 at 5:08 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,158 posts
Catwho wrote:
The aforementioned guinea pigs are a possibility. They're less breakable than the smaller guys (hamsters, gerbils mice), but themselves smaller and easier to care for than rabbits. Ferrets may also be an option, but I'm no expert on those and their workability with small children.


If you do something to a guinea pig that would 'break' a hamster, it'll bite your finger clean off.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#40 Jan 07 2014 at 5:09 PM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,781 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
Ringette is an awesome sport to get into. Move to Michigan, you'll get used to the smell.
It looked like fun, but Michigan is out. I'll fill out the paperwork and go steal some Canadian's job before I'll get anywhere near that rust belt.


@#%^ that, come to Alberta where the jobs are plentiful and unskilled workers make stupid money.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement"

#41 Jan 07 2014 at 7:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
As far as I know it varies a lot depending on which one you get, some races are "pet holes" as they sit in their hole all day and stay hidden while others don't mind being handled at all and can take more abuse.

I'm pretty sure with spiders, it's "species".

Racist Smiley: grin
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#42 Jan 08 2014 at 6:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,259 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I had a pair of ferrets growing up, and constantly disappearing items. They also liked hiding in socks, and an inability to escape after hiding. So freaking out ferrets are funny to watch for a good five minutes.
How are ferrets for cleanliness, ease of care etc?
I've heard that they smell pretty bad.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#43 Jan 08 2014 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,669 posts
Get a mink. You can order them from NS.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#44 Jan 08 2014 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,499 posts
I would think most any mammal is going to have some degree of dander, or potential for it anyways.

A bird would be cool, except you kind of have to keep it in a cage.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#45 Jan 08 2014 at 7:50 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,067 posts
Not all birds have to be 100% caged, especially if they're the only animal in the house. Just be careful opening and shutting the door.

With birds, though, you may need to get two. Birds can get very lonely. They always sell lovebirds in pairs, but a good pet store will explain which ones need a buddy and which ones are okay alone. (Cockatiels need a friend. African Gray parrots are intelligent enough to bond with a human instead, much like a dog.)
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#46 Jan 08 2014 at 10:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,390 posts
Iamadam wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
Ringette is an awesome sport to get into. Move to Michigan, you'll get used to the smell.
It looked like fun, but Michigan is out. I'll fill out the paperwork and go steal some Canadian's job before I'll get anywhere near that rust belt.


@#%^ that, come to Alberta where the jobs are plentiful and unskilled workers make stupid money.
I have too many relatives in Alberta. They still like me for the most part, but I can't imagine moving there would benefit those relationships. The thought of getting paid 6-figures to drive a big truck full of sandy tar is rather intriguing though.

Catwho wrote:
African Gray parrots are intelligent enough to bond with a human instead
The aliens would argue otherwise. Smiley: tinfoilhat

Edited, Jan 8th 2014 8:16am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#47 Jan 08 2014 at 11:18 AM Rating: Good
******
43,123 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Catwho wrote:
African Gray parrots are intelligent enough to bond with a human instead
The aliens would argue otherwise. Smiley: tinfoilhat
Smart enough to bond with humans, not smart enough to know better.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#48 Jan 08 2014 at 3:01 PM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,781 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
Ringette is an awesome sport to get into. Move to Michigan, you'll get used to the smell.
It looked like fun, but Michigan is out. I'll fill out the paperwork and go steal some Canadian's job before I'll get anywhere near that rust belt.


@#%^ that, come to Alberta where the jobs are plentiful and unskilled workers make stupid money.
I have too many relatives in Alberta. They still like me for the most part, but I can't imagine moving there would benefit those relationships. The thought of getting paid 6-figures to drive a big truck full of sandy tar is rather intriguing though.


Plus, ringette.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement"

#49 Jan 09 2014 at 12:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Catwho wrote:
Not all birds have to be 100% caged, especially if they're the only animal in the house. Just be careful opening and shutting the door


And be okay with bird sh*t all over your house.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#50 Jan 09 2014 at 3:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,253 posts
Meh the kids'll find it all.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 63 All times are in CDT
Cyliena, Driftwood, Elinda, Mazra, Rukkuss, Szabo, Anonymous Guests (57)