Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

/K/ is closed for a bitFollow

#1 May 09 2012 at 1:28 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,958 posts
'cause my premium ran out. Mind if I make this my new home?


Love,

Kirby.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#2 May 09 2012 at 1:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
Smiley: nod
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#3 May 09 2012 at 2:09 AM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,562 posts
That fight in Heroic Age lasted a DBZ number of episodes. Still only 4 episodes into Setoname.
#4 May 09 2012 at 4:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,674 posts
I move that the admins let Kirby have /k/ regardless of whether or not he has premium.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#5 May 09 2012 at 4:28 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,958 posts
That's sorta kinda why I made this thread. Just to scare Ugly a little.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#6 May 09 2012 at 4:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
Kirby wrote:
'cause my premium ran out. Mind if I make this my new home?
What's the plan on when it's coming back?
Allegory wrote:
Still only 4 episodes into Setoname.
I'm pretty far behind, myself, but not nearly that bad.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#7 May 09 2012 at 5:32 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,958 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Kirby wrote:
'cause my premium ran out. Mind if I make this my new home?
What's the plan on when it's coming back?
Never.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#8 May 09 2012 at 6:03 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,043 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I move that the admins let Kirby have /k/ regardless of whether or not he has premium.



Seconded.
#9 May 09 2012 at 6:12 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
Kirby wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Kirby wrote:
'cause my premium ran out. Mind if I make this my new home?
What's the plan on when it's coming back?
Never.
Then I hereby dub this thread "New /k/" and shall post all /k/ posts here til the admins give you /k/ without pay or someone gifts you with premium,
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#10 May 09 2012 at 6:46 AM Rating: Decent
****
7,819 posts
Premium is not a necessary thing to keep posting here. When things get better financially I'll probably have mine turned back on. Welcome back to the
relm of the normal working class.

Edited, May 9th 2012 8:47am by Tailmon
____________________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ImGatomon/Request.jpg

. “Power even if it is raw uncontrolled potential is just as dangerous as a trained assassin. It is unpredictable and deadly if your are not prepared." ~Gatomon From the story A Fox Among Wolves.
#11 May 09 2012 at 6:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
Tailmon wrote:
Premium is not a necessary thing to keep posting here.
It is when we're talking about posting in the journal of the person now missing premium. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#12 May 09 2012 at 8:08 AM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Kirby wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Kirby wrote:
'cause my premium ran out. Mind if I make this my new home?
What's the plan on when it's coming back?
Never.
Then I hereby dub this thread "New /k/" and shall post all /k/ posts here til the admins give you /k/ without pay or someone gifts you with premium,
Special K, even.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 May 09 2012 at 8:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Kirby wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Kirby wrote:
'cause my premium ran out. Mind if I make this my new home?
What's the plan on when it's coming back?
Never.
Then I hereby dub this thread "New /k/" and shall post all /k/ posts here til the admins give you /k/ without pay or someone gifts you with premium,
Special K, even.
Special K tastes like Rice Crispies to me.

Speaking of Rice Crispies, my roommate just informed me that the Rice Crispies he brought home were to make Chile Lime flavored Rice Crispies treats.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#14 May 09 2012 at 8:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
(1) Post in Minecraft forums
(2) Declare it the new /k/
(3) ???
(4) BANNING!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#15 May 09 2012 at 8:52 AM Rating: Good
I thought that's what happened.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#16 May 09 2012 at 9:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,201 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I move that the admins let Kirby have /k/ regardless of whether or not he has premium.
Smiley: lolSmiley: lol

When I read your post, I thought it was a nice sentiment. Then I saw who wrote it and realized you just want to keep it out of here.

We could just subjugate some unsuspecting premium poster's journal.

Edited, May 9th 2012 11:19am by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#17 May 09 2012 at 9:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
I was going to say that the OOT needed more traffic anyway, but then I realized it would just be an endless stream of pony threads.
#18 May 09 2012 at 9:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,201 posts
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
I was going to say that the OOT needed more traffic anyway, but then I realized it would just be an endless stream of pony threads.
We're talking about Kirby's journal, not lolgaxe's.
____________________________
Banh
#19 May 09 2012 at 9:22 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,382 posts
You aren't allowed near my Pony threads.

harumph.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#20 May 09 2012 at 9:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
You aren't allowed near my Pony threads.

harumph.
We could always combine some of what's been in /k/ with Ponies and create our own Play-by-post style Ponyfinder game.


Edited, May 9th 2012 9:53am by Poldaran
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#21 May 09 2012 at 10:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,674 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I move that the admins let Kirby have /k/ regardless of whether or not he has premium.
Smiley: lolSmiley: lol

When I read your post, I thought it was a nice sentiment. Then I saw who wrote it and realized you just want to keep it out of here.
I like Kirby and some of the people who post in his journal and I'd prefer to keep it that way.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#22 May 09 2012 at 11:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,909 posts
I think the dancer forum hasn't had a new post in 62 days.

Just sayin.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#23 May 09 2012 at 12:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I'll use this thread to express my disappointment that the virgin thread was nuked rather than just having the address edited out.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#24 May 09 2012 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
Jophiel wrote:
I'll use this thread to express my disappointment that the virgin thread was nuked rather than just having the address edited out.


You should submit a formal complaint.

I'm sure they'd take it seriously.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#25 May 09 2012 at 12:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I just did. Right here.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#26 May 09 2012 at 12:40 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,201 posts
If you elect me forum President, I will restore the so-called "virgin thread" to all its former glory.
____________________________
Banh
#27 May 09 2012 at 12:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
You have my vote!

I hope to lose my V-Card on day Smiley: frown Zam.com has dashed my dreams... I mean, directly this time.

Edited, May 9th 2012 1:51pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#28 May 09 2012 at 12:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Spoonless 2012!
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#29 May 09 2012 at 1:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,577 posts
I'll have to abstain until I see a healthcare plan.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#30 May 09 2012 at 1:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,201 posts
I will offer a comprehensive healthcare plan based on the "ignore it and hope it goes away on its own" model.
____________________________
Banh
#31 May 09 2012 at 1:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
This will help for all those STDs I hope to contract.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#32 May 09 2012 at 1:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,577 posts
Spoonless wrote:
I will offer a comprehensive healthcare plan based on the "ignore it and hope it goes away on its own" model.


Well okay I'm in, but as long as you don't include illegal immigrants. Can't have non-Zam people trying to cash in on this little secret. Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#33 May 09 2012 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
I would certainly turn down any offer to be VP on such a ticket.

100%.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#34 May 09 2012 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
The last two posts are related.
#35 May 09 2012 at 1:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,845 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I'll use this thread to express my disappointment that the virgin thread was nuked rather than just having the address edited out.


That happens sometimes when the person who posted it gets banned. And by sometimes, I mean always. I suppose we could un-nuke it.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#36 May 09 2012 at 1:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,201 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
I will offer a comprehensive healthcare plan based on the "ignore it and hope it goes away on its own" model.


Well okay I'm in, but as long as you don't include illegal immigrants. Can't have non-Zam people trying to cash in on this little secret. Smiley: disappointed
I will make all immigrants legal, thus completely eliminating illegal immigrants as a problem.
____________________________
Banh
#37 May 09 2012 at 1:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,201 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
I'll use this thread to express my disappointment that the virgin thread was nuked rather than just having the address edited out.


That happens sometimes when the person who posted it gets banned. And by sometimes, I mean always. I suppose we could un-nuke it.
See how already, I make the admins bend to my will?
____________________________
Banh
#38 May 09 2012 at 1:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,577 posts
Spoonless wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
I will offer a comprehensive healthcare plan based on the "ignore it and hope it goes away on its own" model.


Well okay I'm in, but as long as you don't include illegal immigrants. Can't have non-Zam people trying to cash in on this little secret. Smiley: disappointed
I will make all immigrants legal, thus completely eliminating illegal immigrants as a problem.


If this unleashes another tidal wave of immigrants I'll have your head! Smiley: mad

We don't need a repeat of the WoW Catacylsm Beta Key fiasco. Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#39 May 09 2012 at 1:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,845 posts
Try large cash bribes. i hear they work wonders on admin will bending.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#40 May 09 2012 at 1:57 PM Rating: Good
someproteinguy wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
I will offer a comprehensive healthcare plan based on the "ignore it and hope it goes away on its own" model.


Well okay I'm in, but as long as you don't include illegal immigrants. Can't have non-Zam people trying to cash in on this little secret. Smiley: disappointed
I will make all immigrants legal, thus completely eliminating illegal immigrants as a problem.


If this unleashes another tidal wave of immigrants I'll have your head! Smiley: mad

We don't need a repeat of the WoW Catacylsm Beta Key fiasco. Smiley: disappointed


Best. Thread. Ever.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#41 May 09 2012 at 1:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
I will offer a comprehensive healthcare plan based on the "ignore it and hope it goes away on its own" model.


Well okay I'm in, but as long as you don't include illegal immigrants. Can't have non-Zam people trying to cash in on this little secret. Smiley: disappointed
I will make all immigrants legal, thus completely eliminating illegal immigrants as a problem.


If this unleashes another tidal wave of immigrants I'll have your head! Smiley: mad

We don't need a repeat of the WoW Catacylsm Beta Key fiasco. Smiley: disappointed
Hey, isn't Pandaria going into beta soon? It's like an election year: we could preemptively blame it on Spoonless.
#42 May 09 2012 at 3:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
[/quote]Hey, isn't Pandaria going into beta soon? It's like an election year: we could preemptively blame it on Spoonless.
It has been in beta for a while.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#43 May 09 2012 at 7:57 PM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
I'll use this thread to express my disappointment that the virgin thread was nuked rather than just having the address edited out.


That happens sometimes when the person who posted it gets banned. And by sometimes, I mean always. I suppose we could un-nuke it.
See how already, I make the admins bend to my will?


There is no admin spoon.

Edited, May 9th 2012 8:58pm by Paskil
#44 May 10 2012 at 12:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
In keeping with my plan of this thread being the new /k/, here's an advice seeking question for any PnP RP folks out there.

Note: I'm referring to my roommates as Rae(Althoraesquid) and Xel(Xelsia) for the simplicity of clarity without using their real names.

Hopefully this weekend we'll be starting Rae's Pathfinder campaign, but the character I was planning to run isn't compatible with the other player's planned character(LN verging on LG cavalier trying to reform a mercenary band w/ a CE Dragon Disciple barbarian/sorcerer being played by Xel). I'm not so sure I quite want a game with that kind of disparity in the characters, so I was thinking of rolling up a different character and shelving my cavalier for another campaign.

This new character is TN or perhaps NE, not sure yet. The thought is to have the character appear to be a fighter who used to be a retainer for a noble family, caring for his young charge, a girl of about 17 who has some minor sorcerous abilities and acts as a buffer for him. He keeps his face hidden with a scarf and wears a wide brimmed hat and a coat, ostensibly to hide his tiefling heritage(coming from a nation where tieflings are second class citizens). Eventually, what will be revealed is that the girl is the actual character(using the Eldritch Heritage feat tree to mimic sorcery bloodlines) and he's just her eidolon(using the bodyguard template).

So, what I'm having trouble with is a back story. I'm at rich family -> something something -> adventuring. Not sure where to go from there. Any suggestions would be welcome.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#45 May 10 2012 at 9:06 AM Rating: Excellent
We could always move /K/ to my journal I guess... My premium won't run out for another 3-4 months. But I would HATE to deprive the OOT of all the fun.
____________________________
IRC: Kagutsuchi

FFXI:
Tolite
Formerly of Lakshmi, now in Asura

FFXIV:
Kagu Tsuchi
Ultros
#46 May 10 2012 at 9:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
Daimakaicho, Eater of Souls wrote:
We could always move /K/ to my journal I guess... My premium won't run out for another 3-4 months. But I would HATE to deprive the OOT of all the fun.
I was thinking it'd be funny if they moved this thread every time we had a major topic change. So on Sundays it'd go to the Anime and such forums, then throughout the week it gets bounced around based on what we were talking about.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#47 May 10 2012 at 11:28 AM Rating: Excellent
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
In keeping with my plan of this thread being the new /k/, here's an advice seeking question for any PnP RP folks out there.

Note: I'm referring to my roommates as Rae(Althoraesquid) and Xel(Xelsia) for the simplicity of clarity without using their real names.

Hopefully this weekend we'll be starting Rae's Pathfinder campaign, but the character I was planning to run isn't compatible with the other player's planned character(LN verging on LG cavalier trying to reform a mercenary band w/ a CE Dragon Disciple barbarian/sorcerer being played by Xel). I'm not so sure I quite want a game with that kind of disparity in the characters, so I was thinking of rolling up a different character and shelving my cavalier for another campaign.

This new character is TN or perhaps NE, not sure yet. The thought is to have the character appear to be a fighter who used to be a retainer for a noble family, caring for his young charge, a girl of about 17 who has some minor sorcerous abilities and acts as a buffer for him. He keeps his face hidden with a scarf and wears a wide brimmed hat and a coat, ostensibly to hide his tiefling heritage(coming from a nation where tieflings are second class citizens). Eventually, what will be revealed is that the girl is the actual character(using the Eldritch Heritage feat tree to mimic sorcery bloodlines) and he's just her eidolon(using the bodyguard template).

So, what I'm having trouble with is a back story. I'm at rich family -> something something -> adventuring. Not sure where to go from there. Any suggestions would be welcome.


I don't know what the **** you just said little kid, but you're special man, you reached out, and you touch a brother's heart.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#48 May 10 2012 at 12:15 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,913 posts
No, that was the Throwaway Time thread in r/asylum.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#49 May 10 2012 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,415 posts
So this is where it went!

And here I thought Kirby died again...
____________________________
Aliekber
RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN WHM
Linkshell: CrimsonMercenaries Server: Carbamesh

Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Human (?) females look ugly.
Post in /K/ where the orbital laser system is now online.
#50 May 10 2012 at 1:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,315 posts
Hey, Kirby, here's something cool.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#51 May 10 2012 at 2:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:

Shiro costume? sold!
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Bijou, gbaji, Iamadam, lolgaxe, TirithRR, Anonymous Guests (55)