Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Bored Druid ThreadFollow

#14402 Apr 04 2012 at 4:04 PM Rating: Good
******
43,432 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
No, caffeine is bad for you. If something taken in large doses is harmful, then even in low doses it's not good for you, it just isn't actively harming you.
Water, protein, television, oxygen, sleep, exercise ...
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14403 Apr 04 2012 at 4:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,601 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
No, caffeine is bad for you. If something taken in large doses is harmful, then even in low doses it's not good for you, it just isn't actively harming you.
Water, protein, television, oxygen, sleep, exercise ...


Das right. I'm good in low doses. Smiley: nod
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#14404 Apr 04 2012 at 4:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,601 posts
Also, water, protein, oxygen...

Okay, I was just bored for a minute there. Smiley: grin


Edited, Apr 4th 2012 3:11pm by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#14405 Apr 04 2012 at 4:19 PM Rating: Good
amagad it's a Therion!

I can still taste the coffee flavor in my sissified drinks, it's just diluted enough for it to not be disgusting. Smiley: grin
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#14406 Apr 04 2012 at 4:49 PM Rating: Good
Anyone else drink their coffee black? And I actually don't mind Starbucks' coffee. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth is since my only real alternative on campus is the school's crappy hot dirty water.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#14407 Apr 04 2012 at 5:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,680 posts
Zoh Mah Gawd itz pigtailzorz!!!!

A day without coffee is a like a day without murder..... um..... that's how that saying goes, right?
____________________________
[h5]"I'm gonna need to see more math I don't understand to believe all this"
"I'm not directly saying that you're this type of person, but I am implying it." -- Pigtails of DOOM!
Therion the Light of Dawn - Phezz the Insane - Snaffu @ Proudmoore US[/h5]
#14408 Apr 04 2012 at 5:20 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
No, caffeine is bad for you. If something taken in large doses is harmful, then even in low doses it's not good for you, it just isn't actively harming you.
That's not actually true though. It's an interesting idea, but something can be good for you in certain doses and bad for you in different doses. Take water, or salt.

I don't really want to get into a logic debate, but using two things that are necessities to the human body to compare to one that isn't at all isn't a very good analogy to be making. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#14409 Apr 04 2012 at 5:23 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
No, caffeine is bad for you. If something taken in large doses is harmful, then even in low doses it's not good for you, it just isn't actively harming you.
Water, protein, television, oxygen, sleep, exercise ...

Water, protein, oxygen, exercise, and sleep are all necessities. Television is bad for you even in low doses. Smiley: wink
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#14410 Apr 04 2012 at 5:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,680 posts
Quote:
I don't really want to get into a logic debate

Party pooper.
____________________________
[h5]"I'm gonna need to see more math I don't understand to believe all this"
"I'm not directly saying that you're this type of person, but I am implying it." -- Pigtails of DOOM!
Therion the Light of Dawn - Phezz the Insane - Snaffu @ Proudmoore US[/h5]
#14411 Apr 04 2012 at 5:32 PM Rating: Good
I vote for exercise not a necessity when it causes you to get into an accident on the way to the gym... just saying Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
#14412 Apr 04 2012 at 5:48 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
xNocturnalSunx wrote:
I vote for exercise not a necessity when it causes you to get into an accident on the way to the gym... just saying Smiley: laugh

Technically walking is exercise, so... Smiley: grin

I probably should have been a lawyer.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#14413 Apr 04 2012 at 6:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
No, caffeine is bad for you. If something taken in large doses is harmful, then even in low doses it's not good for you, it just isn't actively harming you.
That's not actually true though. It's an interesting idea, but something can be good for you in certain doses and bad for you in different doses. Take water, or salt.

I don't really want to get into a logic debate, but using two things that are necessities to the human body to compare to one that isn't at all isn't a very good analogy to be making. Smiley: tongue
Ok, beer is good for you, just like wine. As long as you don't consume more than 1 or 2 glasses a day.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14414 Apr 04 2012 at 7:48 PM Rating: Good
Overlord Theophany wrote:
xNocturnalSunx wrote:
I vote for exercise not a necessity when it causes you to get into an accident on the way to the gym... just saying Smiley: laugh

Technically walking is exercise, so... Smiley: grin

I probably should have been a lawyer.


Who says walking doesn't cause accidents? Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
#14415 Apr 04 2012 at 7:58 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,432 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
No, caffeine is bad for you. If something taken in large doses is harmful, then even in low doses it's not good for you, it just isn't actively harming you.
Water, protein, television, oxygen, sleep, exercise ...
Water, protein, oxygen, exercise, and sleep are all necessities. Television is bad for you even in low doses. Smiley: wink
Which really goes to show you how bad the argument you made was. If caffeine is bad for you in large doses and therefore the low doses are no good as well, then anything in high doses that is bad for you is equally no good in lower doses. The fact that some things in high doses are lethal, but are necessary to live just highlights the point.

Also, caffeine has been used for more than two hundred years to assist people with breathing difficulties, and is good for asthmatics having complications.

Edited, Apr 4th 2012 9:59pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14416 Apr 04 2012 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,649 posts
Nearly all recreational drugs were originally developed as treatment for disorders. Not every one, but most. They became recreational because of the pleasant side effects (and in spite of the unpleasant ones). Others, like morphine, while not treatments, were still developed for medical reasons.

It really is relative. The liver is amazingly powerful--small proportions of anything not distinctly harmful can often be quite useful for their positive aspects, provided they don't carry significant negatives for small dosages. As long as you aren't ingesting enough caffeine to supercharge your heart (which I admit I've done, and it isn't comfortable), you're not going to do any significant damage to your body. You'll do a **** of a lot more with alcohol in typical portions.

And even then, small amounts of alcohol can be beneficial to your body. It's only once you start taxing your body's ability to regulate the levels that it can start doing damage. A little doesn't hurt--your body naturally produces alcohol, and it's evolved to have a decent level of resistance to it, in case things go wrong. That's relative to the amount you produce, of course.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#14417 Apr 04 2012 at 9:05 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
xNocturnalSunx wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
xNocturnalSunx wrote:
I vote for exercise not a necessity when it causes you to get into an accident on the way to the gym... just saying Smiley: laugh

Technically walking is exercise, so... Smiley: grin

I probably should have been a lawyer.


Who says walking doesn't cause accidents? Smiley: tongue

When you're walking, I have no doubt. Smiley: grin

lolgaxe wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
No, caffeine is bad for you. If something taken in large doses is harmful, then even in low doses it's not good for you, it just isn't actively harming you.
Water, protein, television, oxygen, sleep, exercise ...
Water, protein, oxygen, exercise, and sleep are all necessities. Television is bad for you even in low doses. Smiley: wink
Which really goes to show you how bad the argument you made was. If caffeine is bad for you in large doses and therefore the low doses are no good as well, then anything in high doses that is bad for you is equally no good in lower doses. The fact that some things in high doses are lethal, but are necessary to live just highlights the point.

Also, caffeine has been used for more than two hundred years to assist people with breathing difficulties, and is good for asthmatics having complications.

Edited, Apr 4th 2012 9:59pm by lolgaxe

Yeah, I know my argument was bad. I was just trolling. :)
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#14418 Apr 05 2012 at 2:40 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14419 Apr 05 2012 at 2:59 AM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Smiley: disappointed

Screenshot
.

Edited, Apr 5th 2012 1:59am by Theophany
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#14420 Apr 05 2012 at 3:15 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
No thanks Theo, you're not my type.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14421 Apr 05 2012 at 3:20 AM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
That's a lie. I'm everyone's type.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#14422 Apr 05 2012 at 3:27 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
Nope, you're good looking alright but you're not my type.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14423 Apr 05 2012 at 5:53 AM Rating: Good
Didn't we have a discussion a while back about whether or not Theo was everyone's type or not?
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
#14424 Apr 05 2012 at 9:13 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,679 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Nope, you're good looking alright but you're not my type.
Aethien is my **** and he knows it.
____________________________
"anything added to the game is technically content, even if it was only a giant, steaming pile of turds for us to climb for a paltry achievement." - Drusas

#14425 Apr 05 2012 at 9:22 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
Not even in your wildest dreams.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14426 Apr 05 2012 at 9:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,601 posts
I don't even want to know what's in RAW's wildest dreams...
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#14427 Apr 05 2012 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
******
43,432 posts
So I go pick up my daughter from day care like I do every day, take her home to get lunch and watch ponies like I do every day, and I find my dog dead, which is kind of a curveball to my daily schedule. This translates to my best friend in the world, who has been with me since I started my military career and actually went on one deployment with me being dead, and having to explain what happened to a two year old. Can't exactly hide the body and say Bella ran away because Ana was the one that found the body in the doggy bed like she does every single day.

It's going to be a really good day and weekend. Smiley: mad
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14428 Apr 05 2012 at 11:30 AM Rating: Good
Aww, I'm sorry lolgaxe. Smiley: frown That sucks, I always hate losing a pet like that.

@protein, I don't want to know what's in his wildest dreams either. That idea is scary.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#14429 Apr 05 2012 at 11:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,601 posts
Smiley: frown

Yeah, sorry lolgaxe, that's awful. Awful timing too. How's your daughter handling it?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#14430 Apr 05 2012 at 11:34 AM Rating: Default
***
1,679 posts
Goldfish or turtle are good pet replacement
____________________________
"anything added to the game is technically content, even if it was only a giant, steaming pile of turds for us to climb for a paltry achievement." - Drusas

#14431 Apr 05 2012 at 11:36 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,679 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I don't want to know what's in his wildest dreams either. That idea is scary.
Coming from you, i'll take it as a compliment.
____________________________
"anything added to the game is technically content, even if it was only a giant, steaming pile of turds for us to climb for a paltry achievement." - Drusas

#14432 Apr 05 2012 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Lolgaxe, poor dog and poor kiddo. Smiley: frown
It seriously sucks losing a pet.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14433 Apr 05 2012 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
******
43,432 posts
I told Ana that Bella was sleeping and took her back to day care. Hopefully she'll buy the run away story when it's time to come back home. Taking the day off because, frankly, I'm in a position to do that kind of thing so yay for privilege.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14434 Apr 05 2012 at 1:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,649 posts
That really, really sucks, lolgaxe. Smiley: frown

You never really expect losing a pet to be nearly as bad as it is. It has to be even harder for you, given the close history with her. I hope you and your daughter are okay.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#14435 Apr 05 2012 at 5:12 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,998 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Overlord Theophany wrote:
No, caffeine is bad for you. If something taken in large doses is harmful, then even in low doses it's not good for you, it just isn't actively harming you.
That's not actually true though. It's an interesting idea, but something can be good for you in certain doses and bad for you in different doses. Take water, or salt.

I don't really want to get into a logic debate, but using two things that are necessities to the human body to compare to one that isn't at all isn't a very good analogy to be making. Smiley: tongue


Alcohol.

God dammit, 91 posts in one day? Seriously?

Anyway, sorry to hear about the dog, Gaxe. Are you sure you're going to go with the runaway story? The truth would probably be easier in the long run and would give closure to everyone involved. I don't have kids and haven't been in the situation you're in, so I obviously don't know for sure, but I don't think it'll be as bad as you think it will. Kids handle death more easily than us grown-ups. Smiley: smile

We've had pets in our family since before I was born and it's never easy when they die. My parents were pretty open about the situation and explained what had happened and such. I'm not saying you should give her the rundown on cardiovascular diseases and cancer, but telling her that Bella has gone to dog heaven and will watch over her from up there will probably result in a more positive reaction than telling her she's run off and won't come back. In either case, don't give her false hope.

Edited, Apr 6th 2012 1:29am by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#14436 Apr 05 2012 at 10:22 PM Rating: Excellent
And you appear to have read a lot of them too. Well done.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#14437 Apr 05 2012 at 10:54 PM Rating: Good
Admins can tell which posts we've seen and which we haven't? Is there a button that says "People who have read this post..."?
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#14438 Apr 05 2012 at 11:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
I doubt it, Mazra just reacted to a lot of the discussion. Smiley: tongue

And only 3 posts in the 7 hours I've slept. Weaklings!
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14439 Apr 05 2012 at 11:37 PM Rating: Excellent
I think at two years old, it's probably best to just not traumatize the poor kid. It's not like she's going to remember the dog when she gets older anyways. I don't have any memories before the age of 4, and most people I've talked to about it don't have any before the age of 3. Also, I don't buy that kids handle death better than adults. I think it really depends on the situation. The first pet I remember losing was my first cat Oreo, when I was around 7. We took her with us to go visit my grandparents on their new ranch, and she ran off and we never found her. I assumed she was dead, and I was pretty tore up about it. Contrast that to when my grandfather died a few years back, and I felt kind of sad but not enough to cry at all. Although that was probably because I wasn't very close to him. I know it's not polite to speak ill of the dead, but he was kind of an asshole. When my dad died when I was 18 though, that had me messed up for years.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#14440 Apr 06 2012 at 2:33 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,542 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I told Ana that Bella was sleeping and took her back to day care. Hopefully she'll buy the run away story when it's time to come back home. Taking the day off because, frankly, I'm in a position to do that kind of thing so yay for privilege.


To be blunt, you lost a good friend you have know for a shiton of years, your daughter has as well.

Don't lie to the girl.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#14441 Apr 06 2012 at 2:41 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,542 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I think at two years old, it's probably best to just not traumatize the poor kid. It's not like she's going to remember the dog when she gets older anyways. I don't have any memories before the age of 4, and most people I've talked to about it don't have any before the age of 3. Also, I don't buy that kids handle death better than adults. I think it really depends on the situation. The first pet I remember losing was my first cat Oreo, when I was around 7. We took her with us to go visit my grandparents on their new ranch, and she ran off and we never found her. I assumed she was dead, and I was pretty tore up about it. Contrast that to when my grandfather died a few years back, and I felt kind of sad but not enough to cry at all. Although that was probably because I wasn't very close to him. I know it's not polite to speak ill of the dead, but he was kind of an @#%^. When my dad died when I was 18 though, that had me messed up for years.


I understand but still a dog, regardless of how close lolgaxe may have been with her, is a good way to introduce the concept of things die to his daughter. She'll be sad but getting a grasp on the concept will help when it happens later in life. Hopefully, having some experience with it will make dealing with death easier in the future.

Death n Taxes and all that jazz.

I miss my dog I had when I lived mainland...
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#14442 Apr 06 2012 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
I personally would go with the doggie heaven thing over ran away but in the ends it's not likely she'll remember and it's Lolgaxe's kid and dog.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14443 Apr 06 2012 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
F1.4 Smiley: inlove
Screenshot
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14444 Apr 06 2012 at 10:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,601 posts
That's the worst picture of a mentally handicapped individual I've even seen! What kind of message are you trying to send?! Smiley: mad

Oh...

I mean, pretty flowers. Smiley: grin
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#14445 Apr 06 2012 at 11:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
That's the worst picture of a mentally handicapped individual I've even seen! What kind of message are you trying to send?! Smiley: mad

Oh...

I mean, pretty flowers. Smiley: grin
Smiley: motz

Just look at the blurred parts, so pretty at f1.4 and I totally adore the short sharp depth. There's only about 10mm of sharp depth <3 <3 <3

____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14446 Apr 06 2012 at 11:33 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,432 posts
For the record, I'm doing what any responsible father who wants the best for his little girl would do.

I'm letting her mother handle it and I'm going to get a new puppy this weekend.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14447 Apr 06 2012 at 11:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
Smart move.

Also, what race was Bella and what kind of puppy are you thinking of getting? And how old (or young) was Bella?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14448 Apr 06 2012 at 11:43 AM Rating: Good
******
43,432 posts
She was about ten eleven years old, and is mutt a race? Her mother escaped one night and apparently had a trist or three, and an exgirlfriend gave her to me as a graduation present. It was pretty awesome, I had just gotten off the plane from Parris Island, in my marine uniform, in the best shape of my life, looking pretty badass if I may say so myself, and we go out to the car and Bella was sitting in the front seat wagging her **** and yelping because she hadn't figured out how to wag just her tail yet and I, well, basically pointed and squealed "PUPPY!" because I have issues with growing up and being restrained by social limiters and norms. A little old lady started laughing.

I'm thinking "the one from the shelter that makes her squeal the happiest." I'm all for rescuing dogs than going through breeders and such.

Edited, Apr 6th 2012 1:56pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14449 Apr 06 2012 at 11:57 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
Smiley: smile
Awesome!
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14450 Apr 06 2012 at 1:04 PM Rating: Good
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
That's the worst picture of a mentally handicapped individual I've even seen! What kind of message are you trying to send?! Smiley: mad

Oh...

I mean, pretty flowers. Smiley: grin
Smiley: motz

Just look at the blurred parts, so pretty at f1.4 and I totally adore the short sharp depth. There's only about 10mm of sharp depth <3 <3 <3



While I'm all for the whole depth of field, it bothers me that corners of the flower on one side is blurred while the rest is in focus. It doesn't allow me to focus on one thing or another. If you focused on just the center of the flower or something, it wouldn't be too bad. That's just my opinion though. I do like the sharpness of what I can see though.

ETA - I do also like the colors. I like vibrant color stuff. I'll post one of my photos once I upload it to Photobucket since I can't put it on here directly. I do have an awesome bee shot. That'll have to wait til I get on my laptop though. I never posted it onto my Facebook page so I can't pull it off from there.

Edited, Apr 6th 2012 3:09pm by xNocturnalSunx
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
#14451 Apr 06 2012 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,004 posts
I actually focused on the middle of the flower, the blurred part is another flower in front of it.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 40 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Horsemouth, WindChimes, Anonymous Guests (37)