Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

ESOFollow

#452 Apr 12 2014 at 11:29 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,996 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
people are crawling over each other in a desperate bid to give you an extra $50 so they can have the deluxe version that comes with a bonus pair of elf panties

I've got $50. Where do I get these? Huh? Where??!!?!?

idiggory the Fussy wrote:
Taking a race that has been a standard option in ES games and locking it behind a paywall doesn't feel exploitative to you?

ITT: big game company exploits customers for cash! Smiley: jawdrop

teacake, have you seen this site yet? Reminds me of the LotRO armor sites. Go to the customized sets tab.


____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#453 Apr 12 2014 at 2:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Welcome to the jungle. Because admit it you missed my screenshots.

Screenshot

Also I got 3 peices of the shadows set and its dead ****. Love that there are sets to collect already with nice bonuses. I traded a DK helm for my shadows boots to complete the set but can't wear them until 17. Almost 17 though. :)
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#454 Apr 12 2014 at 3:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,460 posts
Anyone know of a DC based guild that's serious but casual (not hardcore), about PvP and end-game stuff? My playtime is pretty much limited to Thur-Sat nights and this isn't the only game I'm playing. I think I've about had it with my old guild when it comes to MMORPGs and I'm looking for a new home.
#455 Apr 12 2014 at 4:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,056 posts
Speaking of guilds, how have we not formed a Zam guild yet?

We should call it "Lawn Gnomes". Smiley: lol
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#456 Apr 12 2014 at 4:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Ah yes, the inevitable "form a Zam guild which is abandoned in 3 weeks as people return to what they were playing before."
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#457 Apr 12 2014 at 4:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,843 posts
I'm still the leader of the FFXIV linkshell, aren't I? Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#458 Apr 12 2014 at 4:25 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,946 posts
Pretty sure. I logged in the other day.

I still try to play... but don't get around to doing it very often. The FC I was in died. So I looted the chest and left.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#459 Apr 12 2014 at 4:45 PM Rating: Excellent
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
Ah yes, the inevitable "form a Zam guild which is abandoned in 3 weeks as people return to what they were playing before."


3 Weeks is a long time in gamer years.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#460 Apr 12 2014 at 11:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,056 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
Ah yes, the inevitable "form a Zam guild which is abandoned in 3 weeks as people return to what they were playing before."

Sure, but you can be a member of 5 guilds at once, so you're not solely committed to it.

Plus, I need more gullible saps cherished guildmates to sell my extra crap to.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#461 Apr 13 2014 at 10:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,996 posts
I just saved Ebonheart. Holgunn thanks me, tells me how great I am, then says, "Maybe we'll make you the new Thane of Whiterun. They'll take anyone."

. . .

Smiley: laughSmiley: laughSmiley: laugh

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#462 Apr 13 2014 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
cynyck wrote:
I just saved Ebonheart. Holgunn thanks me, tells me how great I am, then says, "Maybe we'll make you the new Thane of Whiterun. They'll take anyone."

. . .

Smiley: laughSmiley: laughSmiley: laugh



Nice. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#463 Apr 13 2014 at 11:36 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
cynyck wrote:

teacake, have you seen this site yet? Reminds me of the LotRO armor sites. Go to the customized sets tab.


I have seen it! And it is cool. I really need a Breton Motif asap now that I'm playing an Imperial. Miss my cool looking Breton armor with the Celtic knots on it. Plus the Imperial style annoys me - honestly, who would be wearing open-toed shoes in this situation?

I can't start a Zam guild because you can only be master of one and I have a family guild already, but if anyone starts one, I can be found under the super-secret alias @teacake.
#464 Apr 13 2014 at 4:46 PM Rating: Excellent
So I have not really had problems with XP or being behind on quests since about level 14. The reason? Elite mobs give a crap ton of XP. It's almost more efficient than questing.

In Auridon I hung out at the area above BC and killed the elites up there for a bit when I needed to catch up then. Now that I am in Grahtwood I hung out at a couple boss spawns to gang pile a fast respawn or two a few times just for fun. I was not really ever behind since I got to Grahtwood though. I just did it because they drop lots of blues and other crafting deconstruct fodder.

It almost seems exploitative. Killing one public boss can give as much XP as doing an entire quest plus it drops blues. Not sure what they are going to do about it. I mean when 10+ people are in a circle insta gibbing a public dungeon boss over and over every time it spawns in 30 seconds it is pretty hard on immersion. I'm going to try and do that as little as possible becuase I am not in a hurry and questing is actually fun. But it can be a nice thing to do for 5-10 minutes to get a few drops and some XP.

Almost 20 now, feeling less urge to alt really digging my Bosmer NB. Changing from bow to DW keeps things pretty fresh in the approach I take to combat.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#465 Apr 14 2014 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
So I dinged 20. Then decided I was tired of trying to store mats to craft everything on my main and would in no way have the skill points to do that. So I sold everything that was not a Woodworker or Clother mat. (Ok I kept some ore for my alts) That freed my bank and pack up very nicely.

Then I promptly respeced for the low low price of 3600g. Broke now but I really focused my build. Decided to drop DW and just focus on Bow on this character. This will allow me to have one set of single target kite/drain skills and the second set will be AOE snare/burn/drain.

Looking forward to trying it out. Plus I figure this will give me an excuse to play my cool cat DW NB at some point because I do like that character. Smiley: grin
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#466 Apr 15 2014 at 12:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,324 posts
Master Shojindo wrote:
Native controller support would be nice. Wonder if the console version will enable that for PC. Seems like the game would play well with a gamepad. Only 5 skills, plus soft targeting. I played Skyrim with a controller and my bad hand is already getting sore from ESO this weekend.


Dealbreaker. Can't play any MMO that is not gamepad native anymore. My hands ache way too much. I understand KB/mouse allows for more things etc, but honestly - can't deal with the pain, don't want to.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#467 Apr 15 2014 at 9:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Heh... saw some TV commercial for this tonight with a ZAM quote saying it was "100% Amazing" or some such.

Also, this, just because.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#468 Apr 16 2014 at 1:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Jophiel wrote:
Heh... saw some TV commercial for this tonight with a ZAM quote saying it was "100% Amazing" or some such.

Also, this, just because.


I saw that commercial before a Youtube vid. :)

Also 4200g later I picked up DW again in my spec to alt with Bow. I missed it. (100g per skill point to respec and I ALL THE SKYSHARDS.)

Plus I realized not having a second weapon to swap to would gimp my progress on those melee skills if I wanted them later for groups. Since DW is very strong single target DPS.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#469 Apr 18 2014 at 6:03 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
So apparently you can very easily dupe items in ESO and people have been doing it an awful lot. Reddit thread about it.

I don't know how accurate it is but the reddit thread makes it sound more than a little game breaking and a massive problem for Zenimax.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#470 Apr 18 2014 at 6:26 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,843 posts
Ack, that first comment suggests this has been around since beta.

That's very, very not good. The only solid way to counter these kinds of bugs is to do a rollback, and for a bug that's been in-game since the beginning, that would SUCK. Hopefully it's not too widespread so they can just do a targeted removal of the assets... but it still doesn't fix any long term effects on the economy. This is the last thing you want as players are just starting to figure out item pricing.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#471 Apr 18 2014 at 6:34 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Other comments in that thread suggest that A: It's very, very widespread with people running around in top gear and with billions of gold already and B: it's been around since alpha/early beta and Zenimax has been aware of the bug since then. A proper rollback is effectively impossible and if they have to ban a significant part of their subscriber base it's bad news for the game as well.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#472 Apr 18 2014 at 7:42 AM Rating: Good
Must be why servers are under maint. TBH this does not affect me at all. I'm playing this game like Skyrim with chat anyway. There is no AH, and I have not bothered to join a trade guild yet.

Mostly because I am entirely self sufficient so far. I have gold to respec and repair when I need it. I craft my clothes and bows. But hardly even need to bother to do that anymore as after about level 15 the quest rewards and drops can easily sustain you. It was really only early on that I felt gear starved.

I do end up working with others ad-hoc frequently. Like waiting at a world boss until you see a couple people show up and then going for it together. Or a healer might save my skin in a dangerous area and then we work together through the quest chain. In public dungeons if you enter at the same time people often turn into a ungrouped group and jam along together.

Hopefully they can fix the issue with the dupe thing for those who are big time economy trader types. I know that's part of the fun for some. However pretty much from the beginning of the game people have said gold is not really important in ESO.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#473 Apr 18 2014 at 8:01 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Master Shojindo wrote:
Must be why servers are under maint. TBH this does not affect me at all. I'm playing this game like Skyrim with chat anyway. There is no AH, and I have not bothered to join a trade guild yet.

Mostly because I am entirely self sufficient so far. I have gold to respec and repair when I need it. I craft my clothes and bows. But hardly even need to bother to do that anymore as after about level 15 the quest rewards and drops can easily sustain you. It was really only early on that I felt gear starved.


This is the case for me as well, except the part about having gold for respec - respec is expensive and I always seem to be broke Smiley: smile. I have a small family guild, and a small guild of WoW friends. When I say small, I mean neither has the 10 players necessary for a guild bank, so I didn't even know about this bug until Reddit exploded (as Reddit does). My family and I have divvied up crafting and share mats - which come to think of it may explain the part where I'm always broke, since we send each other so much stuff and it leaves us so little to sell. We've got all crafting professions covered this way, so we're self-sufficient without participating in a larger player economy.

That said... once I start PVP'ing and have to watch a bunch of scrubs running around thinking they're good because they were able to craft themselves full legendaries via this exploit, I'm going to be mightily annoyed. Not rage-quit-flounce-off annoyed, but FFS. They've apparently known about this for MONTHS. What were they thinking?? There are some things Zenimax does that just make me shake my head. It's like there's this one awful project manager or team or something over there that for some reason they can't fire, because most stuff is done so well, and then things like this.

Also, I'd fully support a rollback of, say, 24 hours, because last night I accidentally hit the button too many times and spent 1800 gold at the enchanter that I didn't mean to spend. Smiley: grin
#474 Apr 18 2014 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
teacake wrote:
This is the case for me as well, except the part about having gold for respec - respec is expensive and I always seem to be broke Smiley: smile. I have a small family guild, and a small guild of WoW friends. My family and I have divvied up crafting and share mats - which come to think of it may explain the part where I'm always broke, since we send each other so much stuff and it leaves us so little to sell.


Yup that is why you are broke. I only keep cloth and wood items to break and sell all the rest. Plus I sell the wood and cloth things I craft since disassembling your own crating is minimal. Another thing is that I always stop for a few kills of a public dungeon boss because they drop so much. After my first respec I had enough gold to do the second 4200g respec after a couple hours. Since then I am already back up to 8k or so at level 24 without even trying very hard.

I can see your point about PvP. I will most likely play one of each faction to cap however before I bother to PvP. Even if it scales you to 50 the gear and skill point difference at lower levels is not worth dealing with to me. Plus the PvE is so fun and I usually only bother to PvP when I get really bored.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#475 Apr 18 2014 at 8:46 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,843 posts
So they temporarily disabled guild banks.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#476 Apr 18 2014 at 9:12 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Master Shojindo wrote:

Yup that is why you are broke.


But I'm a good family citizen! Smiley: nod

Actually it really doesn't matter. I am always broke in every MMO I play. I'm very cheap thrifty IRL, so maybe I just enjoy spending imaginary money without consequences.

BTW I haven't started over in like a WEEK! Level 17-almost-18 now which is as high as I've gotten. Not only am I enjoying my Imperial (despite her being Imperial scum - in my head I'm RPing she was raised by Bretons) but I like her face, and I didn't take screenshots of the sliders when I made her, which pretty much prevents me from restarting her again even if I change my mind about her hair.

Interestingly enough, in the probably dozen now (seriously) characters I've started, leveled to 6 or 8, then deleted, it's never once been about class. Love my dragonknight so much. I can grow BAT WINGS and FLY and then SET PEOPLE ON FIRE when I land! I mean seriously. Why are any of you playing anything else?

On the other topic, yeah, they closed down guild banks some time last night I think? Today's maintenance window is actually the advertised one so don't know if it's just coincidence or not. Hyperbole is half the fun of Reddit, but in-game, I'm just having fun, and as long as that continues, I'm shrugging off most of the wrinkles and assuming they're iron them out. It's a launch, after all.
#477 Apr 18 2014 at 9:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,843 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
It's very, very widespread with people running around in top gear and with billions of gold already
It isn't officially an why does "an" seem right there? Smiley: confused MMO until someone has billions of gold and plays fun games with the economy anyway. Smiley: wink

But hey it's a launch. As long as they fix the bugs before the game gets cheap enough for me to give it a whirl I'll be happy. I still have faith they'll do that.

Edited, Apr 18th 2014 8:24am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#478 Apr 18 2014 at 10:06 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
why does "an" seem right there? Smiley: confused
"Em Em Oh"
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#479 Apr 18 2014 at 10:23 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,843 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
why does "an" seem right there? Smiley: confused
"Em Em Oh"


Grammatically, both are correct, because it depends on whether or not the acronym is being vocalized as written, if it's actually being treated as shorthand for a longer term or phrase, or if it's being treated as its own word.

But the generally accepted rule is to go with the sound you expect the reader to make when they encounter it.

So you'd write "a scuba tank" but "an SAT question."

But if you worked for the SAT company, and knew that everyone internally called it the "Sat" (as in past tense of sit), then you'd write "a sat question."

English Smiley: schooled
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#480 Apr 18 2014 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
******
43,861 posts
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
Grammatically, both are correct, because it depends on whether or not the acronym is being vocalized as written, if it's actually being treated as shorthand for a longer term or phrase, or if it's being treated as its own word.
Initialism. Acronym is an abbreviation that can be spoken as a word. High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle would be "HMMWV", and you get "Humvee" from that. An initialism is when you say each letter of the abbreviation. Such as MMORPG.
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
English Smiley: schooled
Smiley: tongue
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#481 Apr 18 2014 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Nobody says Mmo though, it's always M M O.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#482 Apr 18 2014 at 10:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,250 posts
I say "morepig".

No I don't.
____________________________
Banh
#483 Apr 18 2014 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,843 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
Grammatically, both are correct, because it depends on whether or not the acronym is being vocalized as written, if it's actually being treated as shorthand for a longer term or phrase, or if it's being treated as its own word.
Initialism. Acronym is an abbreviation that can be spoken as a word. High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle would be "HMMWV", and you get "Humvee" from that. An initialism is when you say each letter of the abbreviation. Such as MMORPG.
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
English Smiley: schooled
Smiley: tongue


Meh, that distinction has more-or-less broken down now, with more and more dictionaries using acronym as the blanket term for abbreviations that are treated as words, regardless of if they're pronounced as words.

Mirriam-Webster uses this definition now. Oxford still uses the old one (stuck up Brits). Dictionary.com uses the new one, for whatever that's worth.

It's really a more-useful system, because now acronyms are a subset of abbreviations and initialisms are a subset of acronyms.

It was also becoming necessary to make the change, because if you follow the English system there are words without a home (like "jpeg," "LSAT," etc. which are partially spelled out, and partially treated as words). This system lets you treat all of them as acronyms, but then you can narrow the field down to initialisms if you need to.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#484 Apr 18 2014 at 11:08 AM Rating: Good
******
43,861 posts
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
Meh, that distinction has more-or-less broken down now, with more and more dictionaries using acronym as the blanket term for abbreviations that are treated as words, regardless of if they're pronounced as words.
Yeah, but pointing the difference out increases my post count.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#485 Apr 18 2014 at 11:14 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,843 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
Meh, that distinction has more-or-less broken down now, with more and more dictionaries using acronym as the blanket term for abbreviations that are treated as words, regardless of if they're pronounced as words.
Yeah, but pointing the difference out increases my post count.

Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#486 Apr 18 2014 at 11:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,843 posts
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
idiggory the Fussy wrote:
Meh, that distinction has more-or-less broken down now, with more and more dictionaries using acronym as the blanket term for abbreviations that are treated as words, regardless of if they're pronounced as words.
Yeah, but pointing the difference out increases my post count.

Smiley: thumbsup
Smiley: nod
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#487 Apr 18 2014 at 11:22 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,250 posts
Smiley: dubious
____________________________
Banh
#488 Apr 18 2014 at 11:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,843 posts
Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#489 Apr 18 2014 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Smiley: spam
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#490 Apr 18 2014 at 11:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,843 posts
Smiley: drool
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#491 Apr 18 2014 at 11:37 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,250 posts
Smiley: wombat
____________________________
Banh
#492 Apr 18 2014 at 11:38 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
I don't get your obsession with spam, the way it looks alone should make people reconsider whether it's actually edible.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#493 Apr 18 2014 at 11:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,843 posts
I'm not so much really, but it's more fun that way. The wife knows enough to do some decent stuff with it anyway. Falls in the general tasty salty meat category.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#494 Apr 18 2014 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,996 posts
teacake wrote:
There are some things Zenimax does that just make me shake my head. It's like there's this one awful project manager or team or something over there that for some reason they can't fire, because most stuff is done so well, and then things like this.

This is so true. I've felt this way for a while now.

And they disabled guild banks two nights ago for about ten minutes. I distinctly remember because an announcement came across my screen in English, then a minute later in French, then a minute later in German, then a minute later in some other language I don't remember.

____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#495 Apr 18 2014 at 12:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,250 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I don't get your obsession with spam, the way it looks alone should make people reconsider whether it's actually edible.
I like it every once in a while. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my brother and I would go to my grandparents' house to do chores (yardwork, etc.). My grandpa would cook spam and eggs for us. Good stuff.
____________________________
Banh
#496 Apr 18 2014 at 12:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,843 posts
Spoonless wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I don't get your obsession with spam, the way it looks alone should make people reconsider whether it's actually edible.
I like it every once in a while. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my brother and I would go to my grandparents' house to do chores (yardwork, etc.). My grandpa would cook spam and eggs for us. Good stuff.
With breakfast is good, fits in well in that whole sausage/bacon/ham role.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#497 Apr 18 2014 at 1:26 PM Rating: Excellent
teacake wrote:
Interestingly enough, in the probably dozen now (seriously) characters I've started, leveled to 6 or 8, then deleted, it's never once been about class. Love my dragonknight so much. I can grow BAT WINGS and FLY and then SET PEOPLE ON FIRE when I land! I mean seriously. Why are any of you playing anything else?


Becuase my bow NB can solo non caster world bosses.(soloed Nubgrub at level 24 even, so not just first island easy ones)

Stealth>Heavy attack>Shadowy Disguise(90% crit from stealth)>Silvershards>Siphon Swallow soul(only if needed for health)>Draining shot(knockback+snare)>repeat until mob/boss at 30% health then BLAM>Impale (300% damage ranged execute)

It has real nice balance between stam and mag use plus synergies for regen to both coming in and out of stealth. And gives armor and spell resist on stealth plus 90% crit on Disguise at will. Along with great control and kiting.

I have 2 DK's though and that's probally my next class to push far they are super fun as well.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#498 Apr 18 2014 at 5:25 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
Spoonless wrote:
I say "morepig".

No I don't.


But you SHOULD. Smiley: nod

Master Shojindo wrote:

Becuase my bow NB can solo non caster world bosses.(soloed Nubgrub at level 24 even, so not just first island easy ones)

Stealth>Heavy attack>Shadowy Disguise(90% crit from stealth)>Silvershards>Siphon Swallow soul(only if needed for health)>Draining shot(knockback+snare)>repeat until mob/boss at 30% health then BLAM>Impale (300% damage ranged execute)

It has real nice balance between stam and mag use plus synergies for regen to both coming in and out of stealth. And gives armor and spell resist on stealth plus 90% crit on Disguise at will. Along with great control and kiting.


BAT WINGS.
#499 Apr 19 2014 at 10:13 PM Rating: Excellent
God save the Wilderqueen!


(AD people will get it. Eventually when they are 26 ish) (Also I go something in my eye on that quest line. Totally was not being emo)
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#500 Apr 20 2014 at 7:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Teacake and Cynyck, you need to post more. Ding 28. Still enjoying it muchly.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#501 Apr 21 2014 at 5:26 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,056 posts
My dragonknight is 22, but after talking big last week about how that's the only class that anyone should play ever, I'm having trouble getting her to work well with some of the ranged weapons I want to mess around with (as you might expect, since she has no ranged spells). Plus she's so expensive to respec now - I did a bunch of experimenting with builds over the weekend and now I don't even have enough gold to put her back how she was. Smiley: laugh

This is what I'm talking about with it being too expensive to respec; if starting over is a worthwhile consideration versus going broke or having to dig out of a hole, I think that's a flaw for a game that sells itself on play how you want, any class can do anything any time. Resepeccing should be relatively trivial cost-wise, IMO. Or keep it at 100 gold per point, but let us pay per point we want to change instead of having to wipe it all - it's kind of silly to have to spend several thousand gold just because you regret one morph decision.

So anyway, I'm going to park her for a short break while I play my nightblade a bit instead. NB will be a good choice for bow/resto staff which is the next thing I want to try. It's the only other class I played much during beta and I liked its versatility. There's a lot of different ways you can go with those skill lines.

Incidentally my husband has been playing a nightblade as something a little like a WoW DK, with heavy armor and life leeching type themes, and he's been liking that a lot.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CDT
jimhabegger, lolgaxe, Szabo, Anonymous Guests (76)