For more quests in this range that involve many of the same areas in Silverspring, see the Silverspring Quest Series.
Elves: See Varanas City Guide for Elves
There are 2 Epic Quest Series with Chapters that take place wholly or partially in Varanas City
George in Logar sent you to see Derek (Ggl) outside the city at Varanas Gates (Check in with the Adventurers' Guild) which leads you into this series
-  Rusty Weapons - Derek (Ggl) sends you to Alden (Ggl)
-  Guess Who's Hopping to Dinner - Deliver flowers to Aileen (Ggl)
-  Greng's Weapon Shop - Aileen (Ggl) sends you to Greng (Ggl)
-  Birthday Cake - Greng (Ggl) sends you to Vega at the Armor House in Lower City West
-  The Important Chest - Vega sends you to Lymith (Ggl) at the Varanas Bank
-  The Varanas Auction House - Lymith (Ggl) sends you to Drosnan (Ggl) in Varanas Auction House
-  Novia the Transporter - Drosnan (Ggl) sends you to Novia (Ggl) at the entrance of the Guild Hall
-  Report to the Guild Leader - Novia (Ggl) sends you to Daris in the Class Hall
The children of the city build magnificent ships and contest with one another, but they need your help to gather materials so their ship will be the best!
-  The Final Battle - Part I - Ancher (Ggl) in Lower City West
-  The Final Battle - Part II - Anlia (Ggl) in Lower City East
Complete all 5 and receive the title, Flying Institute's Closest Ally
For the entire Epic quest series, see The Seductive Dark Pearl
Phil August - upstairs, in the Varanas Council Hall
-  Code of Honor - Return Phil's homework to Berol
-  Book Delivery - Deliver a history book to Phil August
-  Mystery Magic Formula
-  The Final Step
-  Holyspring Amulet
-  Runestone Energy
-  Amulet Transfer - Take the Holy Water Amulet (Ggl) back to Phil August
-  Looking for Louie
-  Secret Mission (Phil August) - Return to Phil August when your level is 19 or higher.
starts with Carphil in Silverspring on the road to the Howling Mountains
This series ultimately rewards the Upper Body piece of the Silverspring's Hope armor set
-  Driving Off the Kobolds - Kill 10 Kobold Marauders
-  Find the Lost Guard - Teresa in Lower City West asks you to find Lanress
-  The Lost Guard's Message - Report back to Teresa
-  Seek Pan's Help - Go talk to Pan
-  Gathering Kobold Poisons
-  Collecting Ingredients
-  Use the Antidote
-  Reduce the number of Kobold Shamans - Kill 10 Kobold Shamans
- [Elite] Killing the Kobold Leader - Kill Kipos and read the plans!
-  Kobold Leader's Plans - Take the plans to Teresa
Greng - see City Introduction
Vega - see City Introduction
Lymith - see City Introduction
Drosnan - see City Introduction
Liv Plumflower <Event Host>
-  Anniversary Blessings - Get Frog Coins from green and red frogs in Howling Mountains, Silverspring, Sascilia Steppes, and Elven Island
Shiani Alian <masked Ball Organizer>
-  Eulogy of Spring - Gather 5 Dazzling Pink Four-Leaf Clovers and 3 Breaths of the Spring Goddess
Rain Nahills <Masked Ball Organizer>
-  Invitation Courier - Deliver 5 Party Invitations
-  The Peony Express - Deliver flowers to Julena (Ggl)
Aileen - see City Introduction
-  Bring Me Zinc - Bring Zinc Ore x20 to Olute
Herb Granny Pan
-  Porgy's Cure - Deliver the Dry Lavender pack (Ggl) to Bakejam outside the Varanas Gates
-  Two Elderly Ladies, Two True Friends - Take the Black Perilla Herbal Pack to Flora in Lower City East
Alden - see City Introduction
Varanas Bulletin Board - Daily Quests
Introduction to the Arcanium Chamber instanced zone
William Woods (Ggl) • Andalus Lee (Ggl) • Jess Hays (Ggl)
- (optional)  Recruitment - Meet Andalus Lee (Ggl) at the Class Hall in Varanas City
-  News from Kolydia - Listen to the situation
-  What is the "Return" project? - Listen to how you can help
-  Ancient Secret Book - Deliver progress reports
-  Construction of the Arcanium Chamber - Help Jess Hays to carry out his plan
 Seeking Assistance - Speak to Kafas Degan in Weeping Coast
- First Things First
Twace Kaht (Ggl) (Varanas Gates) • Polis Leighton (Ggl)
-  Sign Up for Title Training - Go to Polis Leighton (Ggl) in Varanas
- [Daily] Water Wears Through a Rock - Complete 4 Title Training quests
-  The Council President's Request - Find Luanda (Ggl)
Yarandor • Naya Shupulo
-  An "Unspeakable" of the Eye of Wisdom - Kill Zurhodon Disciple (Ggl)s until you find the Research Materials (Ggl).
-  Ancarlos Research Note - Kill Demon Witch Ancalon and return with the Book of Ancarlos Notes (Ggl).
- The Stuff Nightmares are Made Of
-  Varanas in Danger - Go talk to Naya Shupulo.
-  Enter Dreamland - Enter Julius' nightmare.
-  Assistance in the Research of the Power of Fear - Gather Fear Energy Fragment x30 (Ggl)
Marisus - in the Hall of the Eye of Wisdom
-  Code Red - Ask Marisus what is going on.
As an Elf you will be coming to Varanas City by airship, sometime after you reach level 10, to get your secondary class. After doing so you can return to Elven Island but, since you cannot do the quests again even when in your secondary class, all that would be there for you is any quests you failed to finish the first time, or grinding Daily Quests (ugh!). A much better choice may be to go to the Howling Mountains and do the Human low-level quests, or do what they do and go to Sascilia Steppes and level your secondary class there. You can also follow the lead-in quest from Daris, Supporting the Guard, and go out into Silverspring.
You received two new skills when you chose your secondary class: Transport: Reifort (to Reifort Camp in Sascilia Steppes) and Transport: Valley of Preparation to make travel a little easier. Apparently Elves do not get the transport skill for Logar in the Howling Mountains.
Also, as an Elf, some quests in Varanas are immediately available to you (such as the City Introduction series) and, once you choose your secondary class, certain other quests will open to you. You will, however, still be restricted by any minimum required levels and, because of this, you may notice some quests that were available to you before you changed your class are not available afterward.
This page last modified 2015-07-17 23:15:33.