Redirected from (Night Elf (WoW)).
The reclusive Night Elves were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before the original clash between the Orcs
and the Humans
. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion
into the world and led to a catastrophic war. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. Until recently, the Night Elves closed themselves off from the rest of the world and remained hidden atop their holy mountain of Hyjal for many thousands of years. The Legion's invasion brought the Night Elves out of their long period of slumber. They now have renewed interest in shaping the world, and for the first time are allying themselves with other races to ensure the continued survival of Azeroth
. As a race, Night Elves are typically honorable and just, but they are very distrusting of the 'lesser races' of the world. They are nocturnal by nature and their shadowy powers often elicit the same distrust that they have for their mortal neighbors.
The Night Elves are called "Kaldorei" in their own language, which means "Children of the Stars".
- Shadowmeld: (active) Activated ability that puts the Night Elf into stealth while they remain still. Usable while in combat to drop threat, but all threat is restored when the effect is canceled.
- Quickness: (passive) -2% chance to be hit by melee and ranged attacks
- Wisp Spirit: (passive) Become a wisp when dead with movement speed increase
- Nature Resistance: (passive) -2% chance to be hit by Nature spells
- Elusiveness: (passive) Reduces the chance to be detected while in Stealth or Shadowmeld (Rogue/Druid only)
- ^ All Death Knights start in Ebon Hold and have their own series of starter quests. Wrath of the Lich King expansion is required.
This page last modified 2008-12-02 23:06:21.