Welcome to the rift-sundered world of Telara! Before you can engage the forces of Regulos, you must create a character.
In this guide, we will take you step by step through the process. Please note that you are selecting how and where you will play the game, and no decisions you make have an immediate impact upon your stats (other than which ones are important to your character). So feel free to choose what appeals to you!
The first choice you will have is which shard (server) on which you wish to play. Players generally interact only with other players who are on the same shard. This is also an important decision that will impact how you will play the game. The four basic shard types are:
- PvE (Player versus Environment)
- In this type of gameplay, you choose when (or if) you wish to engage in player-versus-player combat.
- PvP (Player versus Player)
- In this type of gameplay, you are subject to combat by players of the opposing faction.
- RPPvE (Role-play Player versus Environment)
- Same as PvE, but provides an environment suitable for immersion into lore. The kind of name you are permitted is limited to being appropriate for role-play, and world chats may be monitored to keep the environment an immersion experience.
- RPPvP (Role-play Player versus Player)
- Same as PvP, but provides an environment suitable for immersion into lore. The kind of name you are permitted is limited to being appropriate for role-play, and world chats may be monitored to keep the environment an immersion experience. Also, members of the opposing faction may consider it their duty to engage in combat with you!
The next choice you will have to make your faction
. The screen has brief descriptions of both factions. Cooperative gameplay can only occur between players of the same faction.
- Players can choose from either:
Then you will have to choose your race, of which the possibilities vary depending on faction.
Players are given the option for their Ascended Soul to have one of the following four callings
There is a triangle filled with hundreds of different "morph targets" which the player need only drag the mouse around to alter the face of their character in so many different ways.
There are sliders that cycle through pre-set options for:
- Facial Features
- Facial Hair
- Character height
- Preset character appearance settings
Color boxes are also available for:
- Hair Highlighting
Players may also choose random settings by clicking on the Randomize button.
On this page you will also enter your name before continuing into the character selection screen.
Once you have created your character, you will be sent to the character selection screen.
This page last modified 2011-08-07 13:35:37.