Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Volatile Life OpportunityFollow

#1 Feb 08 2011 at 6:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,870 posts
I am not claiming to be some gold-making genius, I kind of tripped over this. I bought up a little over 500 Volatile Life yesterday because it usually goes for 10g/ea on my server and (1) I am in the process of making a load of Darkmoon Cards and (2) these VL were selling for 8.70g/ea.

So today the patch hits, and I take a look to see if I can snatch any more VL, and I see that there is hardly any listed and those that are listed are going for 20g/ea. Now, I know that there are new Alch stone trinkets and they require 30 VL to make, so I put 7 stacks of 30 VL up at 17g each, figuring people will soon be undercutting like crazy, all the way back to 10g each. But I have nothing to lose, right?

They all sold. Amazing.

Oh, and as I write this the price is dropping like a rock - down to 14g already. If you read this on patch day and have some VL in stock, check out the price on your server.



Edited title to better reflect subject matter.




Edited, Feb 8th 2011 7:45pm by cynyck
____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#2 Feb 09 2011 at 1:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,057 posts
I believe I mentioned that this would likely happen a couple weeks ago. I made a mild profit(about 1000g), but nothing spectacular.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#3 Feb 09 2011 at 7:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,870 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
I believe I mentioned that this would likely happen a couple weeks ago. I made a mild profit(about 1000g), but nothing spectacular.

I just checked, and you did! In the Living Elements Transmute thread. And I posted a reply to a different part of that very post. [boggles the mind, eh?]

You're an oracle! The Omaha Oracle! Oh no, wait, that one's taken.

Good call Poldaran.


____________________________
One of my opinions is worth three of your facts.

#4 Feb 10 2011 at 1:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,057 posts
cynyck wrote:
You're an oracle! The Omaha Oracle! Oh no, wait, that one's taken.

Good call Poldaran.
See, now this is how it's done.

All bow down and worship me. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (17)