Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

***POSSIBLE*** way to help ArcheologyFollow

#1 Dec 19 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
Am doing it on my hunter (beast spec) herb/alch toon and I'm currently at skill 34 - you're supposed to mostly get just 2 pieces per dig under skill 100 if memory serves but I've been getting non-stop 3-4 pieces every dig today.

I'm working herbalism as I'm doing archeology (if I get near or overfly a skill zone I gather herbs) and I'm wearing Herbalist's Gloves with the +5 herbalism chant on them.

Now it could simply be a coincidence that I'm having such slammin luck or maybe there was a undocumented patch which upped the fragment count pre-100 skill but I swear it's been every dig today - 34 points, 96 fragments (did 10-15 points previously).

Will update my frag totals later to see if my luck holds (probably just jinxed myself if this was simply a streak).

Edit - at 64 skill and had my first non-skill up - 190 frags not counting the ones from that one meaning I was averaging three frags per dig. Since two is supposed to be the norm for those 64 skill points that might mean that gathering chants/buffs MIGHT help get more frags - will test later with my engineer who's got a mining helm and chanted gloves too.

Edited, Dec 19th 2010 1:33pm by rusttle
#2 Dec 19 2010 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are you suggesting there's a connection between your +5 herbalism enchant and the number of fragments you've been getting?
#3 Dec 19 2010 at 12:25 PM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
You are reading correct, although total herbalism bonus is +10 due to the gloves having a built in +5.

Am wondering if a treasure finding pot might contribute as well - anyone tried yet?
#4 Dec 19 2010 at 1:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
395 posts
Treasure finding potions allow you to find little treasure chests on mobs, so I highly doubt that they'd help archaeology. Also, since a hotfix a few days ago the amount of fragments per dig varies from 3-6, so I really don't think extra herbalism skill contributes to that.
#5 Dec 19 2010 at 2:00 PM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
Kk - didn't know about hotfix - so riddle solved.
#6 Dec 19 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
527 posts
Maybe a better idea would have been going to wowhead or something and checking the hotfix notes before jumping to the idea that +herbalism enchants are helping archeology.
#7 Dec 19 2010 at 5:12 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
395 posts
CaptinXeith wrote:
Maybe a better idea would have been going to wowhead or something and checking the hotfix notes before jumping to the idea that +herbalism enchants are helping archeology.


This is Rusttle you're talking to...
#8 Dec 19 2010 at 6:38 PM Rating: Default
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
Maybe a better idea...


...would not be acting like a git just because someone who's sharing something that could have been useful isn't aware that there was a hotfix that caused the change.

All you're doing now is discouraging the next person who notices something like this from sharing for fear that there's some obscure hotfix or undocumented patch note that they missed.
#9 Dec 19 2010 at 6:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
527 posts
Quote:
All you're doing now is discouraging the next person who notices something like this from sharing for fear that there's some obscure hotfix or undocumented patch note that they missed.


That was entirly the point. Someone should check the patch or hotfix notes before coming and posting outlandish claims like this.
#10 Dec 19 2010 at 7:07 PM Rating: Good
I'm siding with Captin here, I don't see how you can possibly think your herbalism gloves could possibly cause you to get more archeology fragments.

I never really noticed how many fragments I was getting when I first started. I noticed now I seem to be getting a lot more, but I thought maybe that came with the level or something.

I can't wait until I get high enough to use these scrolls that give 12 fragments. They must have upped the drop rate of those too since I never seemed to get them before.
#11 Dec 20 2010 at 12:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
395 posts
Hyolith, Hero Among Heroes wrote:
I can't wait until I get high enough to use these scrolls that give 12 fragments. They must have upped the drop rate of those too since I never seemed to get them before.


Those aren't technically level based, random artifacts will have a little grey hexagon (or 2 or 3) in the bottom left of their page. You can put a keystone in to give you 12 more fragments toward solving it.
#12 Dec 20 2010 at 2:09 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,879 posts
Quote:
That was entirly the point. Someone should check the patch or hotfix notes before coming and posting outlandish claims like this.


Yes, I noticed how you've attacked everyone who's wasted our time by posting info already posted on another site, in fact, we should probably just do away with Zam all together as I'm sure any info posted here is already somewhere else - everyone who gets info from Zam that's already posted elsewhere is obviously a moron. Of course, that said, what are you doing here instead of the site you original read the hotfix on?

Quote:
I'm siding with Captin here, I don't see how you can possibly think your herbalism gloves could possibly cause you to get more archeology fragments.


You're right - Blizz has made WoW so totally and utterly bug free that it's outright impossible for something like that to happen. Why look at the bug thread that was started on launch day - there was just one report that some obscure NPC's name was slightly misspelled and all of the other posts were nothing but players complimenting Blizz on the game having absolutely zero bugs in it.

Silly me for thinking that such an incredibly perfect and bug free game could have something so impossible as a gathering skill buff accidentally helping another gather skill.
#13 Dec 21 2010 at 10:16 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
664 posts
So now you are saying you knowingly exploited a bug, in a public forum.......................
____________________________
Skywall Horde:
Jebek, Orc Hunter
Missarthas, Belf DK


"Live life like a dog ... if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.
#14 Dec 22 2010 at 1:14 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
395 posts
Xizervexius wrote:
So now you are saying you knowingly exploited a bug, in a public forum.......................


Where did anyone say that?
#15 Dec 22 2010 at 1:30 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
664 posts
/sigh
____________________________
Skywall Horde:
Jebek, Orc Hunter
Missarthas, Belf DK


"Live life like a dog ... if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.
#16 Dec 22 2010 at 1:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
395 posts
Rusttle said he thought it was a bug, it was pointed out that he's just clueless and the herbalism enchant had nothing to do with the extra fragments. I'm still not seeing any mention of exploitation in this thread.
#17 Dec 22 2010 at 3:15 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
664 posts
Just trying to have some fun with Rusttle, but only you bit.

My internet comedy skills are lacking apparently.....
____________________________
Skywall Horde:
Jebek, Orc Hunter
Missarthas, Belf DK


"Live life like a dog ... if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.
#18 Dec 23 2010 at 9:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,916 posts
Tellaria wrote:
Rusttle said he thought it was a bug, it was pointed out that he's just clueless and the herbalism enchant had nothing to do with the extra fragments. I'm still not seeing any mention of exploitation in this thread.


It made sense to me. He said he was finding more artifacts when using an herbalism enchant, and continued to do so. If this was a bug he found, he was exploiting it. He then exploded at the Captain for pointing out that things just changed with hotfixes. He also described said potential bug as "useful," admitted it was a bug (if it had existed), and then explained how he thought it was a gathering skill buff helping another gathering skill incorrectly.

That's pretty much saying "Hey, here's a bug, go use it." Using a bug is usually called exploitation Smiley: schooled

That said, it was a silly joke as no bug ever existed, but the logic made sense to me at least.
____________________________
Volunteer News Writer for the ZAM Network.
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#19 Dec 23 2010 at 11:41 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
395 posts
I just found it a pointless "joke" since it had already been established that there was never a bug.
#20rusttle, Posted: Dec 23 2010 at 4:27 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Honesty at last.
#21 Dec 23 2010 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
All that aside, the sort of thinking that inspired the creation of this thread betrays a complete lack of understanding with regards to the basic foundations of programming. And hell, even without such understanding, going "I'm getting more fragments! It must be the +herbalism enchant!!" is not a thought process that anyone should have.
#22 Dec 24 2010 at 3:45 PM Rating: Excellent
**
970 posts
Majivo wrote:
All that aside, the sort of thinking that inspired the creation of this thread betrays a complete lack of understanding with regards to the basic foundations of programming. And hell, even without such understanding, going "I'm getting more fragments! It must be the +herbalism enchant!!" is not a thought process that anyone should have.

Heh. I work in programming, and there's all too many cases where "I only changed one thing, so that must be what caused my problem!" turns out to end up as "I only remembered changing one thing, but it was actually more, and..." or "I only changed one thing, but Fred changed another, and..." or "Only one thing changed in the code, but IT installed an update, and..."
#23rusttle, Posted: Dec 26 2010 at 5:00 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Never taught you programing in school I see?
#24 Dec 26 2010 at 11:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
395 posts
rusttle wrote:
it makes sense that rather then add new enchants they'd simply allow any gathering enchant to improve one's gathering skills in general, heck, I'm surprised they didn't simply due away with all of the previous "+5 gathering" enchants for one generic one already.


http://www.wowhead.com/spell=44506 They kind of already did.
#25 Dec 27 2010 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,041 posts
rusttle wrote:
I'm surprised they didn't simply due away with all of the previous "+5 gathering" enchants for one generic one already.

Smiley: facepalm

Really?
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#26 Dec 27 2010 at 5:02 PM Rating: Good
Wow, this thread was entertaining. Smiley: popcorn
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#27 Dec 27 2010 at 6:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
rusttle wrote:
Quote:
the sort of thinking that inspired the creation of this thread betrays a complete lack of understanding with regards to the basic foundations of programming.


Never taught you programing in school I see?

Actually, they taught me the kind where you maintain the proper goddamn scope and permissions so you don't have these kinds of things happen. You know, the kind that professional companies like Blizzard use, so that things like your completely hallucinatory OP don't happen.
#28 Dec 27 2010 at 8:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,684 posts
Holy unexpected drama batman. I came in here to post about how you apparently should only use digging to level 100 and then solve all your projects (as you stop gaining skillups from digging at 100), but found this.

Anyway - Rusttle wasn't overly stupid or such at first, to be fair. You can't expect everyone to keep track of every hotfix and insinuating it's stupid not to do so is stupid in itself. He originally was just brainstorming about the topic. The only reason he was bashed is because people recognize his name in a bad fashion - I'm 100% sure no such things would have been said if a poster with a red name had made a similar note.

That said - Rusttle, your posts in this thread have steadily been declining in quality. If you're stubborn enough to argue your point, then do actually argue your goddamn point instead of consistantly replying with a "you're wrong!".

There you go, now that my divine judgement is added to the topic, we can safely close up the discussion.
____________________________
"My guildy Kasdaye" wrote:
Gearscore for raiders is like Goldshire for roleplayers.
#29 Dec 28 2010 at 5:18 PM Rating: Good
Nah, it wouldn't even have had to be a guru. Pretty much anyone scholar or above wouldn't have gotten the reaction rusttle did, but that's because his reputation precedes him.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#30rusttle, Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 2:23 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) *shrugs*
#31 Dec 30 2010 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
No rusttle, but nice try at playing victim. I've never had a twink the entire time I've played WoW, because I hate PvP. I don't rip on you because of some ancient grudge, I rip on you because you say stupid sh*t that makes my brain hurt.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#32 Dec 30 2010 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
527 posts
How does a thread "way back" that probably no one read or remembers have anything to do with this? I was just going to ingore the senseless ignorance but can you point out all those threads were I "attack everyone"? I called you out for posting something that was beyond stupid, thats it. I think the fact that everyone has the same veiw of your post here proves something.
#33 Dec 30 2010 at 10:51 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
395 posts
I know it's already been said, but I've never had a twink either. I just think you're a moron who constantly posts stupid sh*t.
#34 Dec 31 2010 at 3:16 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,067 posts
rusttle wrote:
*shrugs*

The twink crowd is still holding a grudge for me having dared to call them all cowards and losers way back - this is their only outlet since Blizz added XP to the BGs, besides, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to know that I'm so important to them they have to either attack me or down rate me every time I post. :lmao:
When Sony said "Live in your world, play in ours." I don't think this is what they meant.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#35 Jan 01 2011 at 9:23 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,041 posts
rusttle wrote:
*shrugs*

The twink crowd is still holding a grudge for me having dared to call them all cowards and losers way back - this is their only outlet since Blizz added XP to the BGs, besides, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to know that I'm so important to them they have to either attack me or down rate me every time I post. :lmao:

Twink crowd?

I think you mean the users who have half of a brain, bro. Smiley: facepalm
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#36 Jan 02 2011 at 12:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Seeing as someone (and by someone I mean Rusttle, who seems to do it a lot these days) is whining about getting rated down, I will make a quick comment. Rusttle, you don't get rated down just because you're aggressively anti-pvp. You're not just rated down because you consistently blame "the other faction" for being jerks, bad sports, etc. You're rated down partially because of these, I'm sure- but you're rated down consistently because of the fact that you frequently post inaccurate, half-baked information.

Furthermore, when these posts are refuted (and yes, I am of the "you should do more research before making BS claims- did you even try removing the gloves and seeing the results as a comparison before coming to your invalid conclusion, for example?) you follow up with pointless arguments that have no relevance to the original post (i.e., "You're all being mean to me!" in no way furthers your point of view and makes you look petulant and childish), and then finally fall back to attempting to troll the people that refuted your posts, and make make claims that are reminiscent of conspiracy theorists.

A more personal observation: when you start your ramblings of "everyone's just picking on me because I don't like pvp gankers and they're just intimidated by me", I think of this guy.
____________________________
Longtail | Evilynne | Maevene | Kornakk | Steelbelly
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (21)