1. Where's the best area for each of the types of ore?
2. Is engineering even worth it?
3. Should I sell my ore instead of 'tinkering' it?
1. too menny to give a solid awnser but veins are sorted by the level of mobs arround them but as a rule of thumb 1-10 and in to the 10-20 zones copper and maybe some tin in the higher levels the 20-40 range will have tin,iron,mith and 40-60 will be thouium(SP) in those areas you will see silver in the tin areas, gold in the iron areas and truesilver in the mith areas. Dont take it as too much of a law, just a guideline
2.That compleatly depends on you. I love it, as a hunter i cant see using any other skill, i make shot, i have some of the coolest bombs for a lil AOE boost, Goblin jumper cables and the deep dive helm are reason enuff for me to stay with it. "The Green lense" theese lil buggers are a goldmine ya may not get it till the end of the profession but they disenchant to large shards that enchanters use like hotcakes so they sell for 3-8 g each on my server, as well as make you guild enchanter get a lil excited(this usualy pays off as you get the best enchants since you can provide one of the most used reagents for their trade.... do i need to go on? I will leave it at it works for me and i dont even use the stylish goggels.
3. sell it, well at leasat at the verry start i wouldnt try to sell finished product at the AH, guns sell poor and most stuff is not useable by the general public, so what i did was got as few as the plans as i could i mostly leveld my sill making shot(something that sells ok on my server.... at the AH) i did have to make a few things in the gaps between diffrent grades of shot. i got up to 250 with only a third of the patterns, i only got the ones that had few reatents, then sold the minirals and gems.