Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Horrible BossesFollow

#1 Oct 22 2011 at 10:09 PM Rating: Good
******
30,643 posts
I'm considering paying to watch this movie a second time, it's just that good.
#2 Oct 22 2011 at 10:46 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,177 posts
It was amusing at times, but pretty much all of the jokes were in the trailers, so it kind of ruined it for me.
#3 Oct 23 2011 at 12:00 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Turin wrote:
It was amusing at times, but pretty much all of the jokes were in the trailers.
Pretty much this. Even though I knew all the jokes from the trailer, I still found it amusing. I also saw it for free, so cost was not a concern of mine.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#4 Oct 23 2011 at 4:48 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Were the jokes in the trailers good, because I haven't seen any. It may still be worthwhile for me to see.


I'm not sure I can trust Belkira regarding comedy anymore after her telling us she loved the Hangover.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#5 Oct 23 2011 at 9:40 AM Rating: Good
******
30,643 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I'm not sure I can trust Belkira regarding comedy anymore after her telling us she loved the Hangover.


Never said I LOVED the Hangover, just that it was funnier than Bridesmaids. Smiley: tongue
#6 Oct 23 2011 at 12:39 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
We liked it a lot. It felt a lot like an It's Always Sunny episode, IIRC.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#7 Oct 23 2011 at 8:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
5,561 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I'm not sure I can trust Belkira regarding comedy anymore after her telling us she loved the Hangover.


Never said I LOVED the Hangover, just that it was funnier than Bridesmaids. Smiley: tongue


Which, from what I've heard on this forum, wasn't hard.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#8 Oct 23 2011 at 10:41 PM Rating: Good
******
30,643 posts
IDrownFish wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I'm not sure I can trust Belkira regarding comedy anymore after her telling us she loved the Hangover.


Never said I LOVED the Hangover, just that it was funnier than Bridesmaids. Smiley: tongue


Which, from what I've heard on this forum, wasn't hard.


Sure. The only reason I brought it up was that I heard everywhere it was "the female Hangover," but it wasn't all that funny. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have brought The Hangover up at all. Smiley: lol

Of course, that's what everyone fixated on, though. Smiley: tongue
#9 Oct 24 2011 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
Eske Esquire wrote:
We liked it a lot. It felt a lot like an It's Always Sunny episode, IIRC.
I was gonna skip this movie, but you just sold me on it. I love Sunny, so if the movie channels it in some way, it might be worth the 90 minutes.

Belkira the Tulip wrote:
IDrownFish wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I'm not sure I can trust Belkira regarding comedy anymore after her telling us she loved the Hangover.


Never said I LOVED the Hangover, just that it was funnier than Bridesmaids. Smiley: tongue


Which, from what I've heard on this forum, wasn't hard.


Sure. The only reason I brought it up was that I heard everywhere it was "the female Hangover," but it wasn't all that funny. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have brought The Hangover up at all. Smiley: lol

Of course, that's what everyone fixated on, though. Smiley: tongue
The Hangover wasn't bad.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#10 Oct 24 2011 at 7:55 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
We liked it a lot. It felt a lot like an It's Always Sunny episode, IIRC.
I was gonna skip this movie, but you just sold me on it. I love Sunny, so if the movie channels it in some way, it might be worth the 90 minutes.


I've always thought that Charlie was the best part of Sunny, and he pretty much does the same schtick in Horrible Bosses. Sudeikis does some similar stuff as well, and Bateman is the straight man. There's the same sort of "Gang trying to do bad/underhanded things, but is incompetent at doing them" thing, and a slightly dark tone to the slapstick.

I think you'll enjoy it. It's a solid comedy.

____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 28 All times are in CST
Allegory, Anonymous Guests (27)