Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Lousy Player AlertsFollow

#1302 May 04 2006 at 4:54 PM Rating: Excellent
4 posts
Warning to all midgard players, Saraph had to have either bought his character or is unable to read, and or he has the attention span of a butterfly. Ive partied with him two times and the first time he was main healer in an EXP party. As a summoner he should know that when there isnt a whm in a party he is main healer. We asked if he could be main healer and he agreed. SInce we have a ninja main healing shouldnt have been so hard. But instead of healing he would summon carbuncle and order it to attack and then rest. With an avatar out u cannot heal anyway and whenever some1 was in red health i had to heal. He didnt cast 1 cure in 4 battles, and thats how long the party lasted. We finally realized how useless he was and asked him again to main heal. The next fight he summoned fenrir (lord only knows how he got fenrir)and he continued to use howling moon 4 times during that fight for no reason whatsoever. With his himmel stock he was also meleeing and cheering about how fun summoner is. After that fight we kicked him fromt he party because of numerous reasons and that he did not even have a light staff. He claimed he did not have enough gil and at the time light staffs were only 80k and he had an ether ring and a vermillion cloak. Obvoisly he could have had planty of gil to get a light staff. He must have bought gil because he continued to complain about having no gil. The second time my party leader invited me i didnt think anything of it. I thought that maybe he was drunk or high at the time that i previously partied with him. So i let it slide. On the way to Uleguerand range he got aggro because he did not sneak/invis himself and he blamed me for not doing it for him, but with his whm sub at lvl 29 i shouldnt have to. When he got aggroed he summoned fenrir(whjat a surprise) and uses howling moon and then puts him away. He starts running and screaming and blaming everyone as he tried a sorry attempt to zone. He dies and complains about the exp loss. We start heading to camp when we got to Uleguerand Range and i tell the party to hug the right wall. I sneak and invis half the party and the other summoner in the party did the rest. I tell the party to hug the right wall because i camped there earlier that day. We all get there except one of us which is saraph. He is wondering around lost and when he finally gets to the camp he starts complaining that he wants to DD not heal. So i said i will main heal if i get some help. He obviously just goes and casts fenrir and uses howling moon over and over and procedes to melee. So far he hasnt casted 1 cure or use any DD bloodpacts. So i tell him to just DD a little and again he says fine and he summons leviathan and cheers about three hundred and thirty something damage while the other summoner did nearly 400 with carbuncle. He asks me for refresh and i told him to pull out a light staff and heal a little bit and ill give you refresh. He agrees then tells me he doesnt have a light staff. He claims he is too poor again. The ninja has to leave the party because he got called in to work on his day off. and the party ends. Thankfully i didnt die but this summoner was a waste of space and did not help the party at all. MIDGARD PLAYERS U HAVE BEEN WARNED. DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH SARAPH. he is currently a 59 summoner.

foshizzle-59 RDM 20 SMN 33 BLM 34 WHM 26 THF 27 NIN 30 WAR

Edited, Thu May 4 17:55:46 2006 by foshizzle
____________________________
75RDM/75RNG Midgardsormr
#1303 May 04 2006 at 7:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,210 posts
foshizzle wrote:
Warning to all midgard players, Saraph had to have either bought his character or is unable to read, and or he has the attention span of a butterfly. Ive partied with him two times and the first time he was main healer in an EXP party. As a summoner he should know that when there isnt a whm in a party he is main healer. We asked if he could be main healer and he agreed. SInce we have a ninja main healing shouldnt have been so hard. But instead of healing he would summon carbuncle and order it to attack and then rest. With an avatar out u cannot heal anyway and whenever some1 was in red health i had to heal. He didnt cast 1 cure in 4 battles, and thats how long the party lasted. We finally realized how useless he was and asked him again to main heal. The next fight he summoned fenrir (lord only knows how he got fenrir)and he continued to use howling moon 4 times during that fight for no reason whatsoever. With his himmel stock he was also meleeing and cheering about how fun summoner is. After that fight we kicked him fromt he party because of numerous reasons and that he did not even have a light staff. He claimed he did not have enough gil and at the time light staffs were only 80k and he had an ether ring and a vermillion cloak. Obvoisly he could have had planty of gil to get a light staff. He must have bought gil because he continued to complain about having no gil. The second time my party leader invited me i didnt think anything of it. I thought that maybe he was drunk or high at the time that i previously partied with him. So i let it slide. On the way to Uleguerand range he got aggro because he did not sneak/invis himself and he blamed me for not doing it for him, but with his whm sub at lvl 29 i shouldnt have to. When he got aggroed he summoned fenrir(whjat a surprise) and uses howling moon and then puts him away. He starts running and screaming and blaming everyone as he tried a sorry attempt to zone. He dies and complains about the exp loss. We start heading to camp when we got to Uleguerand Range and i tell the party to hug the right wall. I sneak and invis half the party and the other summoner in the party did the rest. I tell the party to hug the right wall because i camped there earlier that day. We all get there except one of us which is saraph. He is wondering around lost and when he finally gets to the camp he starts complaining that he wants to DD not heal. So i said i will main heal if i get some help. He obviously just goes and casts fenrir and uses howling moon over and over and procedes to melee. So far he hasnt casted 1 cure or use any DD bloodpacts. So i tell him to just DD a little and again he says fine and he summons leviathan and cheers about three hundred and thirty something damage while the other summoner did nearly 400 with carbuncle. He asks me for refresh and i told him to pull out a light staff and heal a little bit and ill give you refresh. He agrees then tells me he doesnt have a light staff. He claims he is too poor again. The ninja has to leave the party because he got called in to work on his day off. and the party ends. Thankfully i didnt die but this summoner was a waste of space and did not help the party at all. MIDGARD PLAYERS U HAVE BEEN WARNED. DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH SARAPH. he is currently a 59 summoner.

foshizzle-59 RDM 20 SMN 33 BLM 34 WHM 26 THF 27 NIN 30 WAR

Edited, Thu May 4 17:55:46 2006 by foshizzle



Paragraphs and what not [can i have it?]

I have no idea how the heck I managed to read that >.>

sounds like a complete idiot of a SMN though.
Somehow the name sounds familiar
____________________________
~~~~FFXI~~~~
~Various jobs~
#1304 May 04 2006 at 10:20 PM Rating: Good
14 posts
Quote:
sounds like a complete idiot of a SMN though.
Somehow the name sounds familiar


Yeah, i made a post about Saraph, with paragraphs, 2 posts before his. It's nice to see that Saraph has deleveled AGAIN. ^^b
#1305 May 05 2006 at 12:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
146 posts
Unfortunately I have also pt'd with Saraph. That's pretty much what happened in my party too. ;_;
____________________________
Name: Jezzi
Server: Midgardsormr

75 BLM, 75 BRD, 75 WHM, 75 RDM
62 THF, 37 NIN, 37 DRK, 37 RNG, 37 WAR, etc.

VxSote wrote:
The life of a BLM in a nutshell:
You ***** up, you die.
Someone else screws up, you die.

But for some reason, lol, I wouldn't give it up for anything.
#1306 May 05 2006 at 1:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,210 posts
Jezzi wrote:
Unfortunately I have also pt'd with Saraph. That's pretty much what happened in my party too. ;_;


Yeah, but you also tend to pick up the freakiest people ever for your EXP pt's... like that weirdo Thandronen! :P
____________________________
~~~~FFXI~~~~
~Various jobs~
#1307 May 05 2006 at 2:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
146 posts
Hey, I can't help it if the weirdos like me. Right Jahn?
:)
____________________________
Name: Jezzi
Server: Midgardsormr

75 BLM, 75 BRD, 75 WHM, 75 RDM
62 THF, 37 NIN, 37 DRK, 37 RNG, 37 WAR, etc.

VxSote wrote:
The life of a BLM in a nutshell:
You ***** up, you die.
Someone else screws up, you die.

But for some reason, lol, I wouldn't give it up for anything.
#1308 May 10 2006 at 7:09 AM Rating: Good
**
253 posts
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with using chainmail in CN as a sam. Have you ever played the job? What would you have suggested? Nohing offers anything really good for sam until level 40 anyway. I used chainmail+1 from 24-40 because of the def because Sams pull alot of hate if they're good.


The question is, have YOU played the job. And I guess you did if you managed to scrape past 35 sam+ with chain mail+1.

Your reason is because of the def chain+1 gives. Well even a full set of Centurion armor has more defence than chain+1 and it gives +stats, and centurion is free if not cheaper than chain+1.

Thats for the cheap/poor sams out there.
People who like the best gear around to last them a long time to avoid upgrading their armor every 5-10 levels will go for any of the following that are by far better than chain mail.

-Mercencary Hachimaki
-Windurst/Federation Gi set (hachimaki, kotes, kyahan)
-Power Gi
-Leaping/Bounding boots (camped my boundings for 10 mins and got drop, so no complaining about price and competition)
-Emperor/Empress Hairpin (camped my hairpin for 1hr, got drop, go out and get it and quit being lazy)
-Jujitsu Sitabaki (these are dirt cheap)

If you managaged to get to level 40 sam with just chain mail +1 and no one complained about your performance, I applaud you. I don't agree that gear makes you a better player, but I just didn't agree how you think there's nothing better at 24-40.
____________________________

#1309 May 11 2006 at 9:07 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
495 posts
Jezzi wrote:
Hey, I can't help it if the weirdos like me. Right Jahn?
:)


I <3 my weirdo!
____________________________
The Hero
Thandronen, Protector of San d'Oria (Midgardsormr)

The Origin
Thandronen, Veteran Protector

PLD75; WAR75; NIN75; THF45; RNG41; WHM37; BLM37; RDM37; BST21; MNK15; DRK15

#1310 May 11 2006 at 10:30 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,825 posts
DaimenKain wrote:
Lishje wrote:
I dunno where this is going >.> but I'm going to help it get back on topic ^.~ Heheh

Yamemaru- Idiot.. That says it all.. I could swear this guy was stumbling around trying to find out what Provoke was. He is a 40+ pld now.. Out of some miricle..

Zolo- Sam that doesn't Sc. Oh yay.. when will the madness end? This guy was in CHAIN MAIL, you know, that lvl 24 Stuff. When we were in Crawlers Nest. he'd never use a Ws when I asked.. (For Tachi: Enpi > Viper bite) and he had terrible, terrible gear. Only thing I could get him to do was provoke, but then he wouldn't stop voking after the first one.. <_<;


There's nothing wrong with using chainmail in CN as a sam. Have you ever played the job? What would you have suggested? Nohing offers anything really good for sam until level 40 anyway. I used chainmail+1 from 24-40 because of the def because Sams pull alot of hate if they're good. Unless you're talking about when you go to CN for Exorays..then yea..that's gimp.

The not SCing thing is stupid tho.


body: Mithra, Taru, and elvaan even to a degree could get away with, to a degree, on RSE. Thats +1 str on all of those but elvaan, with a +1 dex on the elvaan. That beats the "Nothing-at-all" from Chain. Other then that, there IS the level 13 Power Gi- from which if you had a half decent tank the defense drop is fair enough to where the str boost makes up for it. Best part- all of those are easy as **** quests.

Hands: Windurstian/Federation Tekko easily. Acc boost, nuff said.

Legs: Bastokan Cuisses if your nation is in the lead for that area, otherwise refer to RSE again.

Feet: Windurst Kyahan


Thats from top of my head...
____________________________
Pyroelf, Sp34r M4st4 of Leafcull (AC), Samurai gimp of Midgardsormr.

[ffxisig]83246[/ffxisig]

...always with my kawaii Ami-chan, and Married as of 8/27/05 to her ^.^
#1311 May 11 2006 at 12:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,220 posts
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with using chainmail in CN as a sam. Have you ever played the job? What would you have suggested? Nohing offers anything really good for sam until level 40 anyway. I used chainmail+1 from 24-40 because of the def because Sams pull alot of hate if they're good. Unless you're talking about when you go to CN for Exorays..then yea..that's gimp.


Given, that this is pretty True. (and I Have played Sam to 40, probably why this bothered me so much) But it wasn't just Chainmail. The guy had a Rabbit Mantle, one Dex+1 Ring, and his Sandorian Ring. No earrings, Fang necklace(Not bad.. but not great) Just all in all he was pretty gimp. and his inability to play the job didn't help one bit =/
#1312Seeknay, Posted: May 17 2006 at 8:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ZOMG THIS GUY NAMED SARAPH IS A ******* ******* HE TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO SUCK MY DIK IN A TIP CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!
#1313 May 19 2006 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
Since there isn't a naughty person thread...only a lousy thread, I shall pose my question here.

Recently Battlehawk invited me to an xp party...sorta. I was in Windy with flag up. It is nice to seek there since I can op anywhere fast and do some crafting while waiting. I get a /t <experience points>? and say yes. Battlehawk says come to jeuno. I could have op'd anywhere but if he wants party to gather in jeuno its fine with me. To get to jeuno I warp > whitegate > warp taru qufim island. When I get there he ignores my /t for ~5-10min and then leaves for xp in Lab. of O. w/o me.

Is this person really a meanie or might there be some circumstances I'm not aware of to explain why I was ditched?

Edited, Fri May 19 15:46:27 2006 by Vamprey

Edited, Fri May 19 16:27:18 2006 by Vamprey
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1314 May 19 2006 at 5:21 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,007 posts
ive noticed that alot of these xbox 360 players invite you... and if you dont get there in time? they ignore you and find someone else. O_o no mean to group em. i just noticed this stupidity has recently started happening when the xbox360 version came out... hmm....
____________________________
Mindel wrote:
I have to wearing a @#%^ing suit tomorrow.


I've forgotten how to miss.


bust my britches
bless my soul
i'm a freak of nature
walking totem pole
look and see i think you'll agree
nobody weird like me
#1315 May 19 2006 at 6:03 PM Rating: Good
**
549 posts
LOL Vamprey...I was seeking on my Blm last night and he sent me a tell. TNL@?? So I responded and I waited...and waited. Then I sent a /tell back saying something like "I guess that means no invite?" Still no response. LOL...a little courtesy would be nice, but alas, not everyone thinks about such things.


Shadar, Galkan Whm of Midgardsormr
#1316 May 19 2006 at 7:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
229 posts
i think that kid might be a little slow(in reply to Vamprey and Shadar). I have other guesses, but im not going to name call on something i don't know about.

I actually PT'd with him on my smn a few days ago. As most smn's in he 60's, i was the main healer in the pt. I didn't get refresh for the first 3-5 mobs we killed(maybe more), i finally had to ask for one. Take note, im also a rdm, its my main, and i know how annoying it can get when people ask for refresh, which is why i waited as long as i did before asking.

The guy also melee'd in a Scorp Harness. There was also a big lack of gear equip swaps for enfeeb spells, or just keeping on a vermi doing so(this annoys me for the fact, once you hit 51 you should be equiping ele staffs, and other various items to make your spells stick/be more effective). Luckily i was with Demi on his nin, so he did alot of enfeebs anyways for hate. Uses CureIV, then yells about getting hate (as most should know, CureIV generates a good bit of hate, CureIII is your friend) All in all, at the end of the pt, i was about to pull out my hair.

Now, i don't typically gripe about others, or the way they play, or anything like that. But being a rdm main, i like to check out how other rdm's do that i pt with. And it makes me sad/irritated when i see rdm's that just don't try. Maybe i expect too much, iunno!
____________________________
Rumari-75RDM/75BLM/75SMN/75NIN/55WHM/37DRK
Windurst Rank 10 Sky/Sea: O
The Zestfully clean Red Mage.
<3<3~~Scrubs~~<3<3
#1317 May 20 2006 at 2:22 AM Rating: Good
**
514 posts
Saraph bought gil, he told my LS before he got kicked that he plvl'd someone from 1-30 for like 10M or something which he never did. So yar..hes a noob
____________________________
Poodles//Ceejay. 59bst?
www.myspace.com/mackdaddydmac
#1318 May 21 2006 at 5:48 PM Rating: Default
10 posts
Be careful when associating with Toyomaro, a Taru BLM (JP, I believe) in his early 60s.

He joined a GC banishing gate party in which 3/4 of us needed the coffer. Our plan was to /random for who got to open the first one. 30 minutes or so later, I found the coffer and announced it to the party so that we could all come /random for it. Three minutes later, Toyomaro runs up, sleeps a nearby beetle, and opens the coffer despite my protests of {please} {/wait}! {/random}! Then he warps and disbands without a word, leaving us with three people incapable of opening any of the other banishing gates.
#1319 May 22 2006 at 6:57 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,007 posts
Rikky. stupid monk. hes around 60ish. he doesnt understand what a nin tank is basically. i know some nin tanks can keep hate very well. but with a haub on i cant even turn on zerk. if i dont turn on zerk and ws at the RIGHT time during battle? i dont get hate. odd. well... he hasnt grasped this yet. throughout the entire battle im being badgered to cast stun... (i understand nins do have a problem casting. but he wants me to use this anytime your recasting shadows. so basically he wants me to tank. no thanks.)

he also enjoys using wses at 90% or 70% of mob hp. oh boy. a genius we have here. and then if i dont chain i get slapped about 100 times. woaaaaaah. because obviously nin tanks for the first half of the party and drk tanks for the rest. woo. dont party with this dip he thinks he knows the game... when he just knows monk.

and i know what your thinking. 'alittle bit of dmg isnt bad help the nin' well it ends up to be alot. all night double attack has been spamming off the bum. im not kidding. its hard to even imagine keeping hate. im gs btw. i have never actually seen double attack go off just about every swing in combat.

Edited, Mon May 22 08:23:39 2006 by TehMajin
____________________________
Mindel wrote:
I have to wearing a @#%^ing suit tomorrow.


I've forgotten how to miss.


bust my britches
bless my soul
i'm a freak of nature
walking totem pole
look and see i think you'll agree
nobody weird like me
#1320 May 22 2006 at 8:41 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,290 posts
Majin: I didn't understand a word you said.
____________________________
75 RDM / 75 NIN / 75 THF / 75 SMN
Midgardsormr

Kupobos Linkshell Leader

Andonino wrote:
I wish I had a quarter for every time arte got confused :p
#1321 May 23 2006 at 6:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,007 posts
thats because it was late. >.> basically he wanted me throughout the fight to steal hate from the tank. if i steal it immediatley the tank has a very hard time taking hate back. xD its a nin tank so yeah thats somewhat understandable. i was hitting very hard and double attack very often for some reason xD so hate was very close cut. the nin was using enmity++ gear and that enmity food i think it is but it was hard to hold it in a spot... IF WE WS CHAIN AT 75-100% HP. if we did not the tank had a slight problem keeping it on her but it was alot better then.

also he started telling me when to stun. i stun when the mob moves to go towards people or when its swinging at someone else. the nin can deal with the shadow thing... i know its hard but i was very lucky that party to hit as often as i did *i saw barely any misses* and id rather not jack da hate. because hes rank 10 he thinks he can explain to people how to play their job when hes telling me 'how to cut your wrists: emo style drk edition drk drk lol'

I am a pansy. I can not take many hits. afew are okay. but after i start tanking for about half the battle *even if i turn around* >.> its bad. and i would rarely steal hate and we would get chain 5s without needing to heal when I would tell him when to use the ws and when id stun at the right times. hmm. im just saying he has the gear and MAYBE hes played another class but i do not suggest leveling with him due to his 'guys im a higher level than you so i know it all.' and obviously he wants people to die.

monks have ***** envy for drk dmg. >.>

im kidding btw and i out tped him... im gs. <.<

Edited, Tue May 23 07:13:36 2006 by TehMajin
____________________________
Mindel wrote:
I have to wearing a @#%^ing suit tomorrow.


I've forgotten how to miss.


bust my britches
bless my soul
i'm a freak of nature
walking totem pole
look and see i think you'll agree
nobody weird like me
#1322 May 23 2006 at 2:52 PM Rating: Good
10 posts
XD Yes, I'm not the only one who had a prob w/Seraph in the past (made a post on this thread a looong time ago). O.o

Anyways, another person I wanted to add: Starboy].
Why? Simple: Immature
kicks people from ls without real cause if he has
a Link pearl in possesion; will give no reason as
to why
likes to act innocent when confronted on an issue
Seems to think some people are "nuts or idiots"
Paranoid and thinks people are following him and
harassing him

Overall, Best to avoid him if you can, or to not bother giving him a linkpearl if you have him in your ls

Edited, Tue May 23 16:00:35 2006 by Eikoc

Edited, Thu May 25 19:29:17 2006 by Eikoc
____________________________
I say do what you do
Say what you say
Mean what you mean when you say
Cuz it's your life, gotta make your own rules
And you gotta do it your way
I say do what you do
Say what you say
Mean what you mean when you say
Cuz it's your life, gotta make your own rules
And you gotta do it your way
#1323 May 23 2006 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
Quote:
Anyways, another person I wanted to add: Starboy].


o_O!

btw, have you done windy 6-2 yet?
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1324 May 24 2006 at 3:52 PM Rating: Good
10 posts
Not yet lol in need of doing it o.o;;;
____________________________
I say do what you do
Say what you say
Mean what you mean when you say
Cuz it's your life, gotta make your own rules
And you gotta do it your way
I say do what you do
Say what you say
Mean what you mean when you say
Cuz it's your life, gotta make your own rules
And you gotta do it your way
#1325 May 24 2006 at 10:13 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
I think we can duo it :)
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1326 May 25 2006 at 6:26 PM Rating: Good
10 posts
sweet
____________________________
I say do what you do
Say what you say
Mean what you mean when you say
Cuz it's your life, gotta make your own rules
And you gotta do it your way
I say do what you do
Say what you say
Mean what you mean when you say
Cuz it's your life, gotta make your own rules
And you gotta do it your way
#1327 May 25 2006 at 6:57 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
Might have a 74 brd and mid 60s blm (if blm ready by then) for sunday. Is sunday good? Possibly sooner but not later than sunday I'm hoping.
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1328 May 26 2006 at 2:09 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,007 posts
I put myself up here. I am **** poor at pulling and i kept getting aggro. sorry guys. I suck *** at pulling. But it would have been helpful if the healer knew he was the main healer for the first mistake... >.>
____________________________
Mindel wrote:
I have to wearing a @#%^ing suit tomorrow.


I've forgotten how to miss.


bust my britches
bless my soul
i'm a freak of nature
walking totem pole
look and see i think you'll agree
nobody weird like me
#1329 May 26 2006 at 12:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
146 posts
Vamprey wrote:
and mid 60s blm (if blm ready by then)

I'm hoping you're talking about me. I dinged 65 last night. I have no buffer (eww) but if I can get 6-1 done either tonight or tomorrow night, then I would love to come with you guys for 6-2.

PS - I'm EST and I have to work most of Saturday. I think I'll be home around 9:00 p.m.
____________________________
Name: Jezzi
Server: Midgardsormr

75 BLM, 75 BRD, 75 WHM, 75 RDM
62 THF, 37 NIN, 37 DRK, 37 RNG, 37 WAR, etc.

VxSote wrote:
The life of a BLM in a nutshell:
You ***** up, you die.
Someone else screws up, you die.

But for some reason, lol, I wouldn't give it up for anything.
#1330 May 26 2006 at 2:13 PM Rating: Good
10 posts
Sounds good. Dun get out of work 'til about 6:30 or so. 7:30pm sound good?? (est)
____________________________
I say do what you do
Say what you say
Mean what you mean when you say
Cuz it's your life, gotta make your own rules
And you gotta do it your way
I say do what you do
Say what you say
Mean what you mean when you say
Cuz it's your life, gotta make your own rules
And you gotta do it your way
#1331 May 26 2006 at 4:28 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
Sounds like good time. We will have a 3rd member, not sure when he will get on yet but I'm guessing it should work out fine.
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1332 May 27 2006 at 1:30 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,290 posts
If you guys find yourselves doing this sometime tonight after 10 pm, gimme a /tell if I'm on. I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow, but I have no actual plans so I'll help if I decide to log in ^^
____________________________
75 RDM / 75 NIN / 75 THF / 75 SMN
Midgardsormr

Kupobos Linkshell Leader

Andonino wrote:
I wish I had a quarter for every time arte got confused :p
#1333 May 28 2006 at 5:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
I din't see ur message :(. The brd was a no-show for the 2nd time in a row. Three rdm should do fine with this mission I'd think if the timing could be worked out.
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1334 May 31 2006 at 1:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
People of the mage community...there is a blm (not yet lousy but heading down that path) by the name of Watson. There is still time to help this person become a fine upstanding member of the mage ranks if we help him out.

This misguided person was fond of casting bio on a jungles mandy in a melee heavy pt (bio/bio2 in xp is wrong period, drain/aspir for skillup <yes please>) and followed ~5 seconds later with dia. Each mob bio then a few seconds later dia. I tried to explain how wrong casting bio was... /sigh. There were some other things as well but one issue at a time is best :).
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1335 May 31 2006 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
****
6,375 posts
syphonedge wrote:
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with using chainmail in CN as a sam. Have you ever played the job? What would you have suggested? Nohing offers anything really good for sam until level 40 anyway. I used chainmail+1 from 24-40 because of the def because Sams pull alot of hate if they're good.




The question is, have YOU played the job. And I guess you did if you managed to scrape past 35 sam+ with chain mail+1.

Your reason is because of the def chain+1 gives. Well even a full set of Centurion armor has more defence than chain+1 and it gives +stats, and centurion is free if not cheaper than chain+1.

Thats for the cheap/poor sams out there.
People who like the best gear around to last them a long time to avoid upgrading their armor every 5-10 levels will go for any of the following that are by far better than chain mail.

-Mercencary Hachimaki
-Windurst/Federation Gi set (hachimaki, kotes, kyahan)
-Power Gi
-Leaping/Bounding boots (camped my boundings for 10 mins and got drop, so no complaining about price and competition)
-Emperor/Empress Hairpin (camped my hairpin for 1hr, got drop, go out and get it and quit being lazy)
-Jujitsu Sitabaki (these are dirt cheap)

If you managaged to get to level 40 sam with just chain mail +1 and no one complained about your performance, I applaud you. I don't agree that gear makes you a better player, but I just didn't agree how you think there's nothing better at 24-40.


Yea see, the problem with your whole post is that you're making the assumption that I was saying chain mail SET is good from 24-40, when I was talking about ONLY the bodypiece.

Chainmail+1: 22DEF
Centurion: 23 DEF VIT+1

So yea centurion's is marginally better, but you're not going to notice the difference, really.

I had O.kote, leaping boots, emp pin, etc etc...I just used chainmail+1 for the body till 40. So I hardly "scraped" by with my sam.

Having a condescending attitude when you're way off base looks stupid.
____________________________
Christianity: The belief that a supernatural Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbollically eat his flesh and drink his blood and telepathically tell him he is your master. All because you're full of inherent evil because a rib woman got tricked into eating an apple from a magical tree by a talking snake. Makes perfect sense.
#1336 May 31 2006 at 8:58 AM Rating: Excellent
oooh oooh oooh! i partied last night with a BLM that had more MND than INT...(it was only a level 22-24 party, so no biggie).

he asked about how much my neckpiece was, i couldn't remember. i figured it was around the 100k mark. i dinged, and had found my replacement, so i gave him my black silk neckerchief and the rest of my stack of Melon Pies +1 when i left the party since i was done with BLM anyway. i think he was happy :P

____________________________
my dixie wrecked
#1337 May 31 2006 at 9:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Matzo Ballerina
******
22,688 posts
DaimenKain wrote:
Yea see, the problem with your whole post is that you're making the assumption that I was saying chain mail SET is good from 24-40, when I was talking about ONLY the bodypiece.

Chainmail+1: 22DEF
Centurion: 23 DEF VIT+1

So yea centurion's is marginally better, but you're not going to notice the difference, really.

I had O.kote, leaping boots, emp pin, etc etc...I just used chainmail+1 for the body till 40. So I hardly "scraped" by with my sam.

Having a condescending attitude when you're way off base looks stupid.


Honestly, I really have to agree. At that level, it's really not that terribly vital. Besides, chainmail just looks snazzier. ;) As long as the player's gear wasn't ridiculous (and o. kote, e. pin, l. boots etc are nice to have) a little bit of def or vit one way or they other isn't going to break the party (even if the SAM is pulling/SATA partnering/doing other stuff that might cause him to get hit).
____________________________
The current's too strong. They've got to let go, drift apart. That's how it is with us. It's a shame, Kath, because we've loved each other all our lives. But in the end, we can't stay together forever.
#1338 May 31 2006 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
Quote:
oooh oooh oooh! i partied last night with a BLM that had more MND than INT...(it was only a level 22-24 party, so no biggie).


lol, he might have read the drk forums recently. There were a few drks in there telling the others to load up on mnd if they wanted their nukes to hit a bit harder.

Have the neckerchiefs raelly gone up that much? They were 20k-ish I think back when I quested mine.
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1339 May 31 2006 at 7:02 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,290 posts
o.o I could have sworn those were ridiculously cheap... but then, I fully lvled my BLM sub back in like... 2004 I think >.>

****, I've wasted almost two years of my life on this game...
____________________________
75 RDM / 75 NIN / 75 THF / 75 SMN
Midgardsormr

Kupobos Linkshell Leader

Andonino wrote:
I wish I had a quarter for every time arte got confused :p
#1340 May 31 2006 at 10:18 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
53 posts
omg someone said Ibanez was a bad player?? He's soo nice ur crazy. He helped me get my assault jerkin and was really really sweet and then everyone was yelling at this guy in my ls today about helping him camp simurgh for the boots and Ibanez was the only one to mediate it and get some people out to help everyone else was being mean =(

Only 1 person I didn't like but I don't want to say her name. She just ******* at me for having a call in my pull macro and then runs off and pulls something after I used my macro without the call because I took it off for her to pull something and ends up killing some people. Then she calls me cocky out of no where lol, she hates thiefs it seems. But, then later she invites me to another party and was pretty nice =) she's a good player just has her moments it seems ^-^
____________________________
~Poofykitty: 90 WHM || 90 THF || 90 BRD || 85 RDM || 90 BLM || 75 PLD || 75 SAM
Server: Quetzalcoatl
~*!Mithra!*~
=^-^=
#1341 May 31 2006 at 11:31 PM Rating: Good
9 posts
Hey poofy, I wish I cared as much as you did about post directed at me. Hehe, anyways thanks for sticking up for me. *Feels loved* *blushes*
____________________________
Mid-play
75 PLD / 75 BRD / 75 SAM / 75 NIN etc...etc...
#1342 Jun 01 2006 at 8:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Vamprey wrote:
lol, he might have read the drk forums recently. There were a few drks in there telling the others to load up on mnd if they wanted their nukes to hit a bit harder.

Have the neckerchiefs raelly gone up that much? They were 20k-ish I think back when I quested mine.



loldrk....and yeah, i checked when i got back in town to see how much i just gave away...it was right at 100k, earlier ones for 80k, but my name was still in there from when i bought mine i think, and i got it for 100k if i'm not mistaken
____________________________
my dixie wrecked
#1343 Jun 01 2006 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
39 posts
I usually don't complain about a lousy player on forums but this ****** me off. The player Dragonsbansion invited me to join a party in Kazham. When I got to Kazham, I told him I was here and he replied that the person I'm replacing is leaving in 5-10 minutes. I watched the person /wave goodbye to the party and zone back into Kazham. A minute later I get a tell from Dragonsbansion asking my TNL, and I replied. Minutes passed and they get another ranger, instead of inviting me, who was standing right there at the camp the whole time. I sent several tells to Dragonsbansion asking "what gives" and "you invited me to an xp party and wasted my time when I had gotten 3 other invites while waiting for your xp group that I had to turn down." Normally, I wouldn't be upset over this but all Dragonsbansion needed to do was send me a tell either saying my TNL was to high (if that was the case) or the player that left found his own replacement. I waited 45 minutes for his party and I had to turn down 3 other invites.
____________________________
Batsu - 66 DRG - 48 RDM - 32 RNG

#1344 Jun 01 2006 at 8:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Matzo Ballerina
******
22,688 posts
Cooterbrown wrote:
Vamprey wrote:
lol, he might have read the drk forums recently. There were a few drks in there telling the others to load up on mnd if they wanted their nukes to hit a bit harder.

Have the neckerchiefs raelly gone up that much? They were 20k-ish I think back when I quested mine.



loldrk....and yeah, i checked when i got back in town to see how much i just gave away...it was right at 100k, earlier ones for 80k, but my name was still in there from when i bought mine i think, and i got it for 100k if i'm not mistaken


That thing seems to bounce around in price quite a bit. When I sold the one I originally quested, I think I got 30k for it. Since then, whenever I have had occasion to do something as a BLM (read: dragged kicking and screaming ; ;), I have always grabbed one off the AH and have paid anywhere between 20k and 150k (last Christmas). :/
____________________________
The current's too strong. They've got to let go, drift apart. That's how it is with us. It's a shame, Kath, because we've loved each other all our lives. But in the end, we can't stay together forever.
#1345 Jun 01 2006 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
BLM is pretty boring, but very easy. just sit back and nuke from time to time...maybe i shouldn't say this, but i could easily surf the internet while just nuking from time to time. couldn't nuke too fast, or dead coot. of coarse, nobody was skillchaining, so not like i had to watch for MBing.

now when i'm RNG/BLM i have exactly 100MP...enough to warp my *** outta wherever i may be

____________________________
my dixie wrecked
#1346 Jun 01 2006 at 7:13 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,290 posts
lol Coot, you think blm is boring... I've been playing PS2 games whenever i lvl drg -.- My setup works pretty well so I can watch TV while playing PS2, and Jump has a long enough recast that I usually don't need to worry about missing that :P Gotta love low lvl drg XD
____________________________
75 RDM / 75 NIN / 75 THF / 75 SMN
Midgardsormr

Kupobos Linkshell Leader

Andonino wrote:
I wish I had a quarter for every time arte got confused :p
#1347 Jun 02 2006 at 12:47 AM Rating: Default
**
738 posts
This is a post copied/pasted from ffxionline.com.

_______________
So, I had to lvl whm from 35-37 to match my 37 blm now that I'm 72 rdm and on the fast track to 75 xping in the new zones. I put up flag in the afternoon after doing the sleepga2 NM with some random JPs in the morning (woot! Big $$).

So, I'm goofing around with goldsmithing when some guy spam tells me asking if I want to start a pt with him (he's war/mnk). I was afk, but come back to 5 of these. I get a phone call and have to meet someone so I tell him I can't right now but maybe in 30 min or so. After meeting the person, I put flag back up and someone from the guys party he's managed to get together asks me to join then the original guy. I say sure. When I join, I notice this a blm, but THREE wars, and they're all rank2. "Uh oh," I think. Then the leader tells everyone to head to crawler's nest. Now, the group is 34-35, and I'm thinking we're too low for the nest, but it's been so long since I've been there I figure I could be mistaken. So, I'm heading to the stables and ask, "Who's our 6th?" He says, "We don't have one. I've asked EVERYONE, so we're just going to get started and go with 5 until we can find a 6th" I say, "Er, no thanks." and drop.

I put flag back up in a little while and the leader asks if I'll join if they get a 6th. I say, "I'm sorry, but your pt scares me."
He asks, "Why does it scare you?"
I say, "3 wars, all rank 2, willing to go with 5"
He says, "Well, we were only going to go with 5 till we got a 6th."

I don't say anything then he says, "I got a 6th. A Nin. Want to join?"

I know the party isn't going to be that great, and I forgot Nins aren't very good tanks until 37, but I join anyway.

We go to crawler's nest and it takes every single drop of mp from me and the blm to kill one crawler. I mention Garliage probably being better so we all agree to go there. A couple people don't have warp, so I just run with them back to Jueno.

Ok- we get to garliage. There's a pt at the entrence so we decide to go to the gate. There's a pt at the gate too, but it looks like we're going to be ptying there. Ordinarily I wouldn't do that, especially because you're basically ontop of eachother there, but I really just wanted to finish lvling my sub, and had been there recently with blm and thought it could support two pts.

They aren't fighting tho and there's only 4 of them. One of them says, "Uh, we're camping here ya know lol"

I make a joke and say, "What a coincidence, so are we!"

Then she starts calling the pt "nubs" and mocking their ranks. Ironically, I had looked down upon them earlier for having rank2, but now I was unified with them towards the goal of getting my goddamned sub leveld.

So, basically insults and /slap emotes are exchanged. We start xping, and her pt hasn't done anything yet.

Then some high lvl guy shows up and says, "Hmmm, you know beetle jaws are hard to come by I think I'll farm here for awhile."

He was from the other pts linkshell. So basically, he starts killing all the mobs. Then like 2 other people show up and start killing them too. By this point, the other pt was xping too. The funny part was we were still getting plenty of mobs to kill. The not so funny part was when they start cheering when there's a link and someone in my pt dies.

Soon, one of our melee says, ********** this, I'm getting a 75 pld and rdm to come here to kill their mobs and plvl us." They do eventually get there, but I think the drama had worn off and everyone just wanted to get xp, so they plvled us and I ended up nuking/banishing my way for the last half of 36 until 37. We did move camp after the leader left, but it's RIGHT by a pop point and basically if the plvls weren't there we surely would've died a couple of times. The spot by the gate is safe and can support two parties, but whatever. Like I said, ordinarily I would've refused to pt ontop of another pt, but I was on my sub and just wanted it over with.

______________________

In the end, it was pretty entertaining, and it made the monotany of xping more enjoyable. I don't think she's a bad player, but she's definately a drama queen if she pulls this stuff just because a pt is camping next to hers.
____________________________
Hamlet 75 rdm(sub whm, blm, brd, nin) on midgard
slow2-lvl2, para2-lvl1
#1348 Jun 02 2006 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,429 posts
2 parties at the gate is 1 to many if at least one of them doesn't suck. The limited space to stand there is also an issue.

Edited, Fri Jun 2 06:59:48 2006 by Vamprey
____________________________
Allexia wrote:
Warrior's that use Sturmwind over Shield Break are the equivalent to RDM/DRK/BLM that cast Bio II because it does more damage (Read: I want to skill up Dark Magic) and overwrite Dia II.

lolgaxe wrote:
What if we gift wrap him? With a side of fried twinkies and pictures of animated boobs?
#1349 Jun 02 2006 at 6:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Matzo Ballerina
******
22,688 posts
Vamprey wrote:
2 parties at the gate is 1 to many if at least one of them doesn't suck. The limited space to stand there is also an issue.


Two parties at the gate are two too many. :p

I never liked that stupid place >.>
____________________________
The current's too strong. They've got to let go, drift apart. That's how it is with us. It's a shame, Kath, because we've loved each other all our lives. But in the end, we can't stay together forever.
#1350 Jun 02 2006 at 9:44 AM Rating: Good
***
2,075 posts
This one's kind of funny, so I guess I'll post it.

Wata, mithra BST lvl59 (was lvl60). Showed up in my camp last night and took one of my two converted EM pets while I was in the middle of a fight. Luckily, I was able to recover and finish the mob with the one remaining pet. I then watched Wata run straight out from my camp into the arms of a pair of Ulegurand tigers. They gangraped him, and he deleveled and HP'd, accompanied by congratulatory jeers and catcalls from yours truly.

Wata is currently on /anon in Garlaige basement, probably trying to get his level back. He seems kinda dumb and he plays BST poorly, so watch out for him if you're heading that way today.

Edited, Fri Jun 2 10:45:15 2006 by midnightjade
____________________________
Midnightjade, Midgard. KoolAid
BRD75 BST75 WHM60 Cooking 71 Fishing 38
#1351 Jun 02 2006 at 1:35 PM Rating: Default
**
738 posts
Quote:
2 parties at the gate is 1 to many if at least one of them doesn't suck. The limited space to stand there is also an issue.


That's simply not true, because it supported 2 parties, both being powerleveled, as well as a couple lvl 75s running around killing things. So there's definately enough mobs to support two normal pts.

Just turn on chat filters and everything is fine.

Like I said, I ordinarily wouldn't have camped there, but I wasn't leader and I just wanted my sub done.

The funny thing is the mithra kept saying, "Aww, you guys having trouble with xp?" and we're like, "No, actually, it's pretty good."
____________________________
Hamlet 75 rdm(sub whm, blm, brd, nin) on midgard
slow2-lvl2, para2-lvl1
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 12 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (12)