Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Guv LepageFollow

#1 Jul 02 2014 at 6:38 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
With elections looming, ME Gov. Paul Lepage has made his big move to secure a successful re-election.

A local award-winning reporter, yesterday, released the first chapter of his new book, As Maine Went, the story of Maine under Gov. Paul LePage.

An exert:
Quote:
It’s a mix of scary, bizarre and hilarious, with LePage’s staff trying, in profound discomfort, to reel him back to reality while he keeps meeting with [the state’s local “Sovereign Citizen” movement], buys into various of their conspiracy theories, has a sheriff look into some of their demands and finally has his legal staff draft an opinion on the group’s theory that the Democratic leaders of the state legislature should be arrested and executed.


Admittedly the big guv has met with this 'Sovereign Citizen' group on multiple occasions, he claims he only listened, he never said 'execute' or 'hang' when discussing Senate Pres. Justin Alfond and House Speaker Mark Eves.

He also first denied the meetings, then reneged on that when the proof showed up in the proverbial pudding in the form of a recording of a local radio talk show that preceded one of these meetings. Nothing untoward there however, Lepage has forgotten a lot of things he's done or said in these four short years.

Maddow got a hold of the gossip.

The office is all atwitter this morning. Some are convinced this is Lepage's death knell. I'm not so sure it won't boost him in the polls, temporarily anyways. I don't like the timing of the book release. It's too much publicity.

Also my local new paper went pay-to-read today. Smiley: mad
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#2 Jul 02 2014 at 7:06 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,301 posts
He's going to win, because: Maine. A Mainers response to making a making a terrible mistake and receiving rational criticism is always to feel threatened and to double down on the mistake. No one us going to tell them what to do ahyuh.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2014 9:07am by Smasharoo
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#3 Jul 02 2014 at 7:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,223 posts
Elinda wrote:
when the proof showed up in the proverbial pudding


Seems like a messy place to keep it.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#4 Jul 02 2014 at 7:29 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
Samira wrote:
Elinda wrote:
when the proof showed up in the proverbial pudding


Seems like a messy place to keep it.

Messy but tasty....

We don't need no thought control
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#5 Jul 02 2014 at 7:35 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Elinda wrote:
Nothing untoward there however, Lepage has forgotten a lot of things he's done or said in these four short years.
Sounds like pretty standard politicking. The more about him that's brought up, the more I think he's part of a reality show or some weird Brewster's Millions scenario.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#6 Jul 02 2014 at 7:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,223 posts
But to give a more topical comment: I knew LePage is crazy, but meeting with a terrorist organization "several times" is pretty alarming.

I wonder, sometimes, what the odds are on a second civil war breaking out. We seem to have completely given up on statesmanship and compromise and retreated into rhetoric and ideology, on all sides.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#7 Jul 02 2014 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Nothing untoward there however, Lepage has forgotten a lot of things he's done or said in these four short years.
Sounds like pretty standard politicking. The more about him that's brought up, the more I think he's part of a reality show or some weird Brewster's Millions scenario.

After his reign, I totally see him hooking up with Jesse 'the Bod', to recreate the reality show, Conspiracy Theory, with a New England twist.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#8 Jul 02 2014 at 7:45 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Samira wrote:
I wonder, sometimes, what the odds are on a second civil war breaking out.
I don't think we have the energy or the cohesiveness. Worst case scenario a state or two manages to secede, realizes just what a bad idea that was and puts a stop to anything more aggressive.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#9 Jul 02 2014 at 7:47 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Samira wrote:
I wonder, sometimes, what the odds are on a second civil war breaking out.
I don't think we have the energy or the cohesiveness. Worst case scenario a state or two manages to secede, realizes just what a bad idea that was and puts a stop to anything more aggressive.

I don't think we have the balls.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#10 Jul 02 2014 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
I think it'll happen eventually. Keep toeing the line and backing off until someone trips over it and has to play it off.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#11 Jul 02 2014 at 9:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Yeah, give it another 50 years or so. We're all mighty tired of having to deal with people who think differently than us. The two parties are going to juice the system until it collapses and then divvy up the pieces. We'll all go our separate way more or less peacefully eventually, breaking into smaller countries like many of the great empires of the past. Then we just get to sit back and watch to see who runs their country into the ground furthest before Canada conquers us all.

Smiley: tinfoilhat
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#12 Jul 02 2014 at 1:21 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,301 posts

I wonder, sometimes, what the odds are on a second civil war breaking out.


Zero, because while it was probably pretty clear the union had an advantage back then, it's wildly asymmetrical now and any actual attempt at waging war would be met with immediate destruction. If you meant that, perhaps, the control of some of the real machinery of war would be part of the break away movement, it won't. I could explain why, but it would take a fairly long time and a good understanding of they psychology of the structure of the US armed forces. Suffice to say, that since the civil war, and at a rapidly accelerating pace over the last 6 decades, particularly, the US military has consolidated both hierarchical power and social control of troops and linked it to the federal government. It's deep, effective, and well thought out. There is a better chance of a foreign power invading than anything resembling a "real" civil war, but orders of magnitude, with that being "getting hit by a comet" unlikely to start with.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#13 Jul 02 2014 at 1:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,875 posts
Technically once it entered the atmosphere it wouldn't be a comet anymore on account of all the ice melting before it hit you. Maybe if you were out in space it could hit you there though!
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#14 Jul 02 2014 at 2:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,223 posts
I'm not talking about a winnable war. I'm not crazy, or not very.

I suppose on the flip side of the coin, the secessionists and separatists and isolationists and survivalists are too fragmented to form much of a cohesive threat, even if they were geographically related, which they are not.

It could be amusing to watch them trying to agree on a secession platform, though. "Herding cats" doesn't even begin it.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#15 Jul 02 2014 at 3:00 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,924 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
He's going to win, because: Maine. A Mainers response to making a making a terrible mistake and receiving rational criticism is always to feel threatened and to double down on the mistake. No one us going to tell them what to do ahyuh.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2014 9:07am by Smasharoo

So gbaji's from Maine?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#16 Jul 02 2014 at 3:16 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Debalic wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
He's going to win, because: Maine. A Mainers response to making a making a terrible mistake and receiving rational criticism is always to feel threatened and to double down on the mistake. No one us going to tell them what to do ahyuh.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2014 9:07am by Smasharoo

So gbaji's from Maine?


Nah. We've got gov Moonbeam over here on the Left Coast.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2014 2:16pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#17 Jul 03 2014 at 5:49 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
gbaji wrote:

Nah. We've got gov Moonbeam over here on the Left Coast.

Clooney for Gov?

I'd discourage it. Politics would turn him into an ugly gray-haired bureaucrat.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#18 Jul 03 2014 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
I'd vote for Clooney if he got the Jason Momao as Aquaman rumors settled.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#19 Jul 03 2014 at 7:56 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,301 posts
Nah. We've got gov Moonbeam over here on the Left Coast.

Regan's legacy, winning California for the Democratic presidential candidate forever. Thanks, gipper!
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#20 Jul 03 2014 at 9:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,223 posts
His fellow movie stars excepted. Although I grant you, Arnie wasn't much of a Republican. Or much of a governor, depending on your point of view.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#21 Jul 03 2014 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,301 posts
His fellow movie stars excepted. Although I grant you, Arnie wasn't much of a Republican.

No, no, for PRESIDENT. The bluest states still elect Republican governors because people are idiots .
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#22 Jul 03 2014 at 12:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,223 posts
Oh, duh, misread that.

California has a surprising number of conservatives, real ones as well as neo-cons. As long as we can still swing the electoral votes I don't worry about it too much.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#23 Jul 03 2014 at 2:40 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Samira wrote:
California has a surprising number of conservatives, real ones as well as neo-cons. As long as we can still swing the electoral votes I don't worry about it too much.


West coast liberals are very different than east coast liberals. More granola eating environmentalism and less big government and unions. Conservative views don't conflict as much (and in some cases, not at all). It's arguable that if it were not for party politics pushing people to one "side" or the other, California would be seen as a conservative state. A good percentage of our "liberals" are actually more libertarian than democrat.

Edited, Jul 3rd 2014 1:41pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#24 Jul 03 2014 at 2:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
gbaji wrote:
A good percentage of our "liberals" are actually more libertarian than democrat.
Pretty much, though I'd argue you see more libertarian-esque Republicans as well. That whole government thing seems to just get less popular the further west you go.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#25 Jul 03 2014 at 4:12 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,301 posts
West coast liberals are very different than east coast liberals. More granola eating environmentalism and less big government and unions. Conservative views don't conflict as much (and in some cases, not at all). It's arguable that if it were not for party politics pushing people to one "side" or the other, California would be seen as a conservative state. A good percentage of our "liberals" are actually more libertarian than democrat.

You don't drive north of Redlands much, do you?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#26 Jul 03 2014 at 8:06 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
West coast liberals are very different than east coast liberals. More granola eating environmentalism and less big government and unions. Conservative views don't conflict as much (and in some cases, not at all). It's arguable that if it were not for party politics pushing people to one "side" or the other, California would be seen as a conservative state. A good percentage of our "liberals" are actually more libertarian than democrat.

You don't drive north of Redlands much, do you?


Redlands? Really? Not "San Bernadino", or "Los Angeles" (which is the same approximate latitude). I had to actually look up where the **** Redlands is located.

Um... But to answer your question: WTF? You apparently are unaware that there's this huge stretch of land in between LA and San Fransisco, right? And a fairly large amount of land north of SF as well. And... a whole bunch of land inland (that whole central valley thing where all the produce comes from). Most of that land area is either conservative (meaning actual Republican conservative) or Libertarian/Liberal. Only in those two large metropolitan areas can you even find the more traditional form of liberal that folks like you would be familiar with and even that is mixed with a fair amount of the more libertarian type.

Politics on the west coast is very different than on the east (or hell, anywhere east of the Rockies really). I don't think you realize how many liberals out here really don't care about unions, or universal health care, or joining in your usual liberal games. There's a reason why the occupy movement got about zero traction in California. They follow along with and vote Democrat nationally because they're really given only a choice between GOP and Dem. That's why it only takes a charismatic likeable Republican to win executive offices (like Reagan). There just isn't the same quantity of frenzied opposition and hard core partisanship here that you see elsewhere.

There's just enough vocal folks to create a sufficient illusion of this. Scratch under the surface and you find a lot of "meh", that could go either way most of the time.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#27 Jul 03 2014 at 8:15 PM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
gbaji wrote:
You apparently are unaware that there's this huge stretch of land in between LA and San Fransisco, right?
Schenectady.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#28 Jul 03 2014 at 8:16 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
You apparently are unaware that there's this huge stretch of land in between LA and San Fransisco, right?
Schenectady.


Ironically, I know a guy from Schenectady. Don't know anyone from Redlands.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#29 Jul 03 2014 at 8:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,552 posts
gbaji wrote:
Politics on the west coast is very different than on the east (or hell, anywhere east of the Rockies really). I don't think you realize how many liberals out here really don't care about unions, or universal health care, or joining in your usual liberal games.


This has not been my experience, while living in Southern California for the last decade plus.

Just saying.

Also, and I think SPG can back me up, the liberals in Portland Oregon care very much about unions, health care, etc. They even got Powell's Boooks to unionize, and that is like 5 stores in total, I think. (Main store, Tech store, 2 airport stores and the Hawthorne store, have I forgotten any?)

Don't they have a protest like twice a week in Pioneer Square?

ETA: And by they, I mean Oregonians.

Edited, Jul 3rd 2014 8:15pm by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#30 Jul 03 2014 at 10:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
That's why it only takes a charismatic likeable Republican to win executive offices (like Reagan).

The take-away here is that the GOP hasn't run a charismatic likeable Republican presidential candidate since 1988.

Interestingly, CA used to be a solid red state for presidential elections. From 1952-1988 they only voted Democratic once and that was the blow-out against Goldwater. Now it's just a foregone conclusion in the Democratic electoral vote calculus having gone blue by 10-20 points in every election since then. So thanks for dropping the ball on that one I guess.

Edited, Jul 3rd 2014 11:57pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#31 Jul 04 2014 at 12:56 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,301 posts
Politics on the west coast is very different than on the east (or hell, anywhere east of the Rockies really). I don't think you realize how many liberals out here really don't care about unions, or universal health care, or joining in your usual liberal games.

I don't think you realize that I've lived in California and have a wildly deeper and more accurate understanding of the demographics of California voters than you do:

1) Because I care about that sort of data.

and

2) Because I'm not just wildly fucking guessing about millions of people because "I know a guy"
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#32 Jul 04 2014 at 1:02 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,301 posts
Don't know anyone from Redlands.

So could be full of wild eyed socialists then, I guess. It's just an arbitrary city I used to drive by on the 10 going from LA to Vegas, and yes, before we get into it not the most efficient route, was on the way to pick someone I went with most of the time up.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#33 Jul 07 2014 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
2) Because I'm not just wildly fucking guessing about millions of people because "I know a guy"
But if you call it assuming instead of guessing and add numbers like 99% it'll sound more trustworthy.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#34 Jul 07 2014 at 6:08 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
That's why it only takes a charismatic likeable Republican to win executive offices (like Reagan).

The take-away here is that the GOP hasn't run a charismatic likeable Republican presidential candidate since 1988.


From California? No.

Quote:
Interestingly, CA used to be a solid red state for presidential elections.


Sure. And Texas used to be a solid blue state. Things change.

Smasharoo wrote:
Don't know anyone from Redlands.

So could be full of wild eyed socialists then, I guess. It's just an arbitrary city I used to drive by on the 10 going from LA to Vegas, and yes, before we get into it not the most efficient route, was on the way to pick someone I went with most of the time up.


Depending on what part of LA you're starting from, it's not a bad route at all (taking the 10 anyway). Going through Redlands isn't really about being inefficient as "out of your way". You literally run past where you need to turn north, then turn around and come back. Unless your destination is like Palm Springs (from LA, cause there are shorter routes from points south) or say Phoenix, you're not going through Redlands to get there.


Edited, Jul 7th 2014 5:09pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#35 Jul 07 2014 at 6:11 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
I don't think you realize that I've lived in California and have a wildly deeper and more accurate understanding of the demographics of California voters than you do


Because you "lived" in California? For how long exactly? The fact that you used Redlands as a point of reference kinda nullifies any possibility that you know what the **** you're talking about here.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#36 Jul 07 2014 at 6:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Sure. And Texas used to be a solid blue state. Things change.

Usually modern politics is discussed in the post-WWII era. That said, CA is staying blue and Texas will get purple eventually so I'm fine with the way you guys are handling it Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#37 Jul 07 2014 at 6:24 PM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
gbaji wrote:
The fact that you used Redlands as a point of reference kinda nullifies any possibility that you know what the **** you're talking about here.
Why does it nullify when you've argued that just knowing someone is enough to allow one to speak intelligently on any given subject?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#38 Jul 07 2014 at 6:25 PM Rating: Good
gbaji wrote:
Because you "lived" in California? For how long exactly? The fact that you used Redlands as a point of reference kinda nullifies any possibility that you know what the **** you're talking about here.
Ah, OK. gbaji, you are no longer allowed to comment on any sector of America (or the world) outside of California because you've never left California.



My work here is done.
____________________________
Sandinmygum wrote:
VorxDargo1 wrote:
who the h3ll do you think you are anyway?
According to your logic, I'm like an FFXIV God. You can call me Sand. I want sand, buckets of it. And Everclear..lots and lots of everclear.
#39 Jul 07 2014 at 6:56 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Sure. And Texas used to be a solid blue state. Things change.

Usually modern politics is discussed in the post-WWII era. That said, CA is staying blue and Texas will get purple eventually so I'm fine with the way you guys are handling it Smiley: laugh


That's a naive assumption.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#40 Jul 07 2014 at 6:57 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Because you "lived" in California? For how long exactly? The fact that you used Redlands as a point of reference kinda nullifies any possibility that you know what the **** you're talking about here.
Ah, OK. gbaji, you are no longer allowed to comment on any sector of America (or the world) outside of California because you've never left California.


I don't claim to know the politics of Maine better than those who live there. So perhaps you should aim that criticism at someone else?
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#41 Jul 07 2014 at 10:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Usually modern politics is discussed in the post-WWII era. That said, CA is staying blue and Texas will get purple eventually so I'm fine with the way you guys are handling it Smiley: laugh
That's a naive assumption.

Well, no, that's looking at reality. You know, versus whatever haze of naivety you need to be in to say that McCain will make California competitive or that Romney is going to blow out the electoral college.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#42 Jul 07 2014 at 10:26 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,552 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Romney is going to blow the electoral college.


That might make me change my vote!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#43 Jul 08 2014 at 8:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,223 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Romney is going to blow the electoral college.


That might make me change my vote!


That's blow out, not blow up. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#44 Jul 08 2014 at 9:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Samira wrote:
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Romney is going to blow the electoral college.


That might make me change my vote!


That's blow out, not blow up. Smiley: tongue
Why not both?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#45 Jul 08 2014 at 9:56 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
My fellow Americans, I have not been entirely truthful with you. I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her giflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#46 Jul 11 2014 at 7:07 PM Rating: Good
Your Governor seemed pretty happy at Maine Day at Fenway last Sunday. But of course we lost, in 12 innings, & since they shutoff beer in the 7th I doubt he remained happy.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#47 Jul 13 2014 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
Good, he needs 'happy'. He usually looks like he's going to erupt into a rage-induced massive coronary.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#48 Jul 14 2014 at 10:42 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Maine Day at Fenway last Sunday.
I think I heard a Who.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#49 Jul 24 2014 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
The Guv needed a bump.

Yesterday the gov was outraged that the feds had placed EIGHT immigrant kids in Maine without telling him.

...he got Colberted. Smiley: grin

LINK
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#50 Jul 24 2014 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
I don't know, one kid is pretty **** expensive. Eight kids is like ... twice as much.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#51 Jul 24 2014 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
I know.

Maine, however, has the oldest population in the country. I'd think we'd have the candy van parked at the state line luring the brats in.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Poldaran, Tasera, Anonymous Guests (27)