Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Flat Earth cirruculum..Follow

#102 Feb 07 2014 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
The function of both religion and science is to explain the unknown.
Sure, what was before birth and what's after death.



____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#103 Feb 07 2014 at 9:58 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,588 posts
Sure, what was before birth and what's after death.


Best evidence indicates nothing. Absolutely nothing. When new evidence exists, and it's idiotic to assume this some "eternal mystery" for no particular reason, we'll reassess. Obviously this is in no way what religion attempts to limit itself to explaining. The answer for *everything* is god's will, or karma, or dharma, or tao, or ki, or ghosts or angels or theatens whatever the fuck else you can effectively peddle to the soft minded this week.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#104 Feb 07 2014 at 9:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
Elinda wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
The function of both religion and science is to explain the unknown.
Sure, what was before birth and what's after death.
That's when you wake up from the simulator, and remember you're really are a bug-eyed alien. You chuckle about how awesome this new entertainment system is, and then select elephant from the list and go another round.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#105 Feb 07 2014 at 10:00 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,588 posts
That's when you wake up from the simulator, and remember you're really are a bug-eyed alien. You chuckle about how awesome this new entertainment system is, and then select elephant from the list and go another round.

As, or really, probably more likely than it being some transcendentally good or bad experience divorced from our current observed reality.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#106 Feb 07 2014 at 10:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
If you'd like to join up we're having a recruitment drive this week, there's free punch. Smiley: wink
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#107 Feb 07 2014 at 10:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
Quote:
Other versions of the legend depict Sedna as a beautiful maiden who rejects marriage proposals from the hunters of her village. When an unknown hunter appears, Sedna's father agrees to give her to him as wife in return for fish. Sedna's father gives Sedna a sleeping potion and gives her to the hunter


Huh. First reported use of roofies. Thanks, dad!
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#108 Feb 07 2014 at 10:44 AM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,588 posts
Huh. First reported use of roofies. Thanks, dad!

Real gods don't need any of that bushiness, they just turn into bulls or swans and plow human women.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#109 Feb 07 2014 at 11:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
Poor Leda. She was probably spittin' out feathers for weeks.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#110 Feb 07 2014 at 11:40 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
The function of both religion and science is to explain the unknown.
Sure, what was before birth and what's after death.
That's when you wake up from the simulator, and remember you're really are a bug-eyed alien. You chuckle about how awesome this new entertainment system is, and then select elephant from the list and go another round.

Eyes?
Smiley: oyvey So last exasecond.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#111 Feb 07 2014 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Eatin' bananas and playing with your dong ain't that bad of a life.

Bonobos even have *** as a way of greeting, there's advantages to ape life other than bananas.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#112 Feb 07 2014 at 12:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Sure, if you're into having *** with chimps. Which apparently YOU are... Smiley: dubious

Don't try and deny it now. You're already on record.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#113 Feb 07 2014 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Nah, that's a Danish thing.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#114 Feb 07 2014 at 12:28 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
You're thinking of pigs, I think.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#115 Feb 07 2014 at 2:05 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
I'm not thinking of pigs. You're sick. The both of you.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#116 Feb 07 2014 at 2:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
Mmmm pigs. Smiley: drool
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#117 Feb 07 2014 at 2:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
That reminds me, I've recently discovered Lard is half made up of Mono-unsaturated fat, and has omega-6 oil in it, as well as having saturated fat. Since the human body needs saturated fat as well as the others, I've started using lard (pig fat) in place of butter. It makes things smell/taste rather like bacon. Smiley: smile
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#118 Feb 07 2014 at 2:19 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,543 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
That reminds me, I've recently discovered Lard is half made up of Mono-unsaturated fat, and has omega-6 oil in it, as well as having saturated fat. Since the human body needs saturated fat as well as the others, I've started using lard (pig fat) in place of butter. It makes things smell/taste rather like bacon. Smiley: smile


I have a jar of actual rendered bacon fat, carefully salvaged after cooking fry-pans full of bacon. I keep it in the fridge specifically for southern style recipes. Makes a big difference in sauteed green beans and corn bread.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#119 Feb 07 2014 at 2:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Good for frying pretty much anything too. Eggs and hashbrowns are the best though.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#120 Feb 07 2014 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
That reminds me, I've recently discovered Lard is half made up of Mono-unsaturated fat, and has omega-6 oil in it, as well as having saturated fat. Since the human body needs saturated fat as well as the others, I've started using lard (pig fat) in place of butter. It makes things smell/taste rather like bacon. Smiley: smile

Lard makes really good pie crust.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#121 Feb 07 2014 at 2:45 PM Rating: Excellent
You can't make pie crust without lard. If you try, I don't know what you've made but it's not pie crust.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#122 Feb 07 2014 at 3:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Jophiel wrote:
Outside my workplace is a sign that says "Deliveries in the rear". I try to live by it.
NixNot, get off Jophiel's account, please.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#123 Feb 07 2014 at 6:34 PM Rating: Good
Elinda wrote:
Samira wrote:
Right. Evolution is a theory like gravity is a theory.

I tend to equate it with plate tectonics, but that's just the abused geologist in me.


There's a professor of geology at my university who teaches a course on Plate Tectonics. He does not believe in plate tectonics. He still believes in geosyncline theory. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Edited, Feb 7th 2014 7:35pm by IDrownFish
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#124 Feb 07 2014 at 7:33 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Elinda wrote:
The two can coexist and have through out humanity. The creationists of today don't seem faithful or devoted. Their goals seem completely political in nature versus spiritual.


Smasharoo wrote:
You can observe and even search for truth and still be faithful to a higher power.

No, you can't. You can compartmentalize part of yourself and limit your 'search for truth' to a subset of things because you 'believe' something you don't want to see threatened. What you can't do is adhere to two philosophies about the unknown that are mutually exclusive. The function of both religion and science is to explain the unknown. Two methods, on authoritarian, one experimental. One adapts to data that doesn't meet expectations, one appeals to mystery and mysticism. It's virtually impossible that religion is "right" about *anything*. The instant a religion offers some idea it quantifies as 'truth' it's doing harm to science.


This is why creationists are political. They're responding to an interpretation of evolution (actually science in general) that has been shaped into a weapon and used by Atheists to argue for the elimination of religion from society. By creating and perpetuating the perception that the two cannot coexist at all, they force people to choose one or the other. And of course, since we all know that science is "true", only anti-scientific morons would ever choose to be religious, right?
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#125 Feb 07 2014 at 8:19 PM Rating: Good
Quote:

This is why creationists are political. They're responding to an interpretation of evolution (actually science in general) that has been shaped into a weapon and used by Atheists to argue for the elimination of religion from society. By creating and perpetuating the perception that the two cannot coexist at all, they force people to choose one or the other. And of course, since we all know that science is "true", only anti-scientific morons would ever choose to be religious, right?


I'm pretty certain Ken Hamm is of the opinion that any Christians that don't believe in the Young Earth theory aren't true Christians (he said something along those lines during his "debate"). He doesn't use his theory "as a weapon" just against secular folks, but religious folks too. Even those religious folks, like Pat Robertson, that think he's an idiot.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#126 Feb 07 2014 at 9:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Given your frequent claims that you are not a Christian (or religious at all), gbaji, could you explain in a couple of sentences why you argue their (fundamentalist) side so hard?

I'm truly curious.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#127 Feb 07 2014 at 9:35 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Quote:

This is why creationists are political. They're responding to an interpretation of evolution (actually science in general) that has been shaped into a weapon and used by Atheists to argue for the elimination of religion from society. By creating and perpetuating the perception that the two cannot coexist at all, they force people to choose one or the other. And of course, since we all know that science is "true", only anti-scientific morons would ever choose to be religious, right?


I'm pretty certain Ken Hamm is of the opinion that any Christians that don't believe in the Young Earth theory aren't true Christians (he said something along those lines during his "debate"). He doesn't use his theory "as a weapon" just against secular folks, but religious folks too. Even those religious folks, like Pat Robertson, that think he's an idiot.


I don't know anything about that person in particular. Most people who identify themselves as creationists don't ascribe to the Young Earth Theory and certainly don't believe that anyone who doesn't isn't really a Christian. Just because this particular show decided to pick the most rabid and idiotic person from one "side" doesn't mean that that "side" doesn't have actual valid points and positions, nor does it discount my earlier comment about why they feel forced to involve themselves in a political defense of their faith.

The very idea of associating creationism with this particular guy is part of what I was talking about. The "attack" on religion is structured in a way so as to convince people that to embrace faith is to deny science. The creation debate is just one of the more blatant topics that is used, but the association is becoming increasingly prevalent, and repeated by people who maybe just think it's a funny joke, but don't think of the larger consequences. How often, when we're in a debate about *** marriage, or global warming, or almost any topic at all, does someone equate a position they think is stupid with religion? I don't think most of you even realize how frequently someone will dismiss an argument I'm making by saying something like "Well, you are in the same party with people who believe in a man in the clouds" (or something similar). Tea party positions are routinely dismissed based on some kind of "you're all just nutty religious people" argument.

Calling someone religious has become the equivalent of calling them ignorant, stupid, and unscientific. Of course, the irony of this is that it's usually in a circular form, starting with someone wanting to label someone's position unscientific or stupid, so they label them religious. Happens with global warming all the time, right? We all know that people who don't believe in global warming also think the earth was created in 7 days, right? And Bush prayed before deciding to invade Iraq. OMG! Proof that it was a bad idea...
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#128 Feb 07 2014 at 9:38 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Given your frequent claims that you are not a Christian (or religious at all), gbaji, could you explain in a couple of sentences why you argue their (fundamentalist) side so hard?


I'm not. The fact that you can't separate me agreeing with someone with me defending their right to have that belief is what you really should be curious about though. It's somewhat key to actually implementing that whole first amendment thing we are supposed to hold in high regard.


I'm not defending the position. I'm defending the right to hold it.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#129 Feb 07 2014 at 9:43 PM Rating: Excellent
gbaji wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
Given your frequent claims that you are not a Christian (or religious at all), gbaji, could you explain in a couple of sentences why you argue their (fundamentalist) side so hard?


I'm not. The fact that you can't separate me agreeing with someone with me defending their right to have that belief is what you really should be curious about though. It's somewhat key to actually implementing that whole first amendment thing we are supposed to hold in high regard.


I'm not defending the position. I'm defending the right to hold it.
Funny how you ALWAYS argue that side, though. Coincindence, right?


Disclaimer, in case anybody missed it in the past: I'm a Christian, but not a fundie moron.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#130 Feb 07 2014 at 9:46 PM Rating: Good
To follow up: are you an atheist or agnostic, gbaji?
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#131 Feb 07 2014 at 9:53 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,522 posts
gbaji wrote:
It's somewhat key to actually implementing that whole first amendment thing we are supposed to hold in high regard.
Burning Qurans, boycotting mosques, and refusing to hire people for religious differences is exercising one's rights, saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas is a war against said rights.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#132 Feb 07 2014 at 10:02 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,966 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
gbaji wrote:
I'm not defending the position. I'm defending the right to hold it.
Funny how you ALWAYS argue that side, though. Coincindence, right?


Not coincidence at all. If I were on a forum populated with religious people constantly attacking science, and arguing that it has no place in society, should be banned, restricted, excluded from our education, etc, I'd be taking the exact opposite position.

More correctly, I'd be taking the same position. Most people just don't realize it because they can't see past their own personal likes and dislikes. So yeah, not a coincidence at all. I tend to disagree with bad arguments, regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the outcome. Someone saying "free market's are the best because socialists are all rapists" will get a strong argument from me, not because I dislike free markets, but because that's a crappy reason for liking them.

And guess what? Evolution does not contradict, much less disprove the idea that some form of divine being created the universe and even planned out how life would form and what it would become. No contradiction at all. I don't have to believe or not believe in creationism to disagree with the person who says that since evolution is proven science all creationists are wrong. Cause that's a crappy argument. See how that works?


I'm agnostic btw.

Edited, Feb 7th 2014 8:02pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#133 Feb 07 2014 at 10:06 PM Rating: Excellent
gbaji wrote:
Someone saying "free market's are the best because socialists are all rapists" will get a strong argument from me, not because I dislike free markets, but because that's a crappy reason for liking them.
Someone saying "liberals are all easily-led-by-the-nose dupes" is cool though, eh?
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#134 Feb 07 2014 at 10:08 PM Rating: Excellent
ALSO: If there are any links you can provide to a fundie site where you are arguing the other side we'd all love to have those.

Oh, wait.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#135 Feb 07 2014 at 10:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
743 posts
gbaji wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
gbaji wrote:
I'm not defending the position. I'm defending the right to hold it.
Funny how you ALWAYS argue that side, though. Coincindence, right?


Not coincidence at all. If I were on a forum populated with religious people constantly attacking science, and arguing that it has no place in society, should be banned, restricted, excluded from our education, etc, I'd be taking the exact opposite position.

More correctly, I'd be taking the same position. Most people just don't realize it because they can't see past their own personal likes and dislikes. So yeah, not a coincidence at all. I tend to disagree with bad arguments, regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the outcome. Someone saying "free market's are the best because socialists are all rapists" will get a strong argument from me, not because I dislike free markets, but because that's a crappy reason for liking them.

And guess what? Evolution does not contradict, much less disprove the idea that some form of divine being created the universe and even planned out how life would form and what it would become. No contradiction at all. I don't have to believe or not believe in creationism to disagree with the person who says that since evolution is proven science all creationists are wrong. Cause that's a crappy argument. See how that works?


I'm agnostic btw.

Edited, Feb 7th 2014 8:02pm by gbaji


If he was a true God, he would not need evolution. In fact, I will go as far as to say that God does not need evolution.

People, however, apparently, need to believe in something. In the same way, Fundie christians believe in god, some people believe in science.

They key word is belief. As a species, we are barely out of the jungle, we are still very unevolved. We are only slowly piecing sh*t together.

I had some sort of point, but it got lost. Maybe I will find it tomorrow. Nite nite


Edited, Feb 7th 2014 11:58pm by angrymnk
____________________________
Your soul was made of fists.

Jar the Sam
#136 Feb 07 2014 at 11:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
Most rational people do not care what anyone else believes until the very moment that it impinges on them: on their First Amendment rights, on their personal safety, and on their children's educations.

I realize it's circular (or more of a spiral, I guess), but we can point fingers all day over who started it. Many people regard the Tea Party as being full of ignorant zealots because so many Tea Party talking points and candidates have buttressed that impression.

There is never going to be perfect agreement. I for one would be content if we could just teach science in science classes and religion in religion classes and leave it at that.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#137 Feb 08 2014 at 12:42 AM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,588 posts
I don't know anything about that person in particular. Most people who identify themselves as creationists don't ascribe to the Young Earth Theory and certainly don't believe that anyone who doesn't isn't really a Christian.

Incorrect, in fact. Most people who *self identify* as 'creationists' DO subscribe (because we're using the English language by choosing words that are appropriate to context not just ones that may sound somewhat similar) to Young Earth creationism. Because it's not 1936 and people who *self identify* that way are weird fringe whackos.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#138 Feb 08 2014 at 1:04 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I've posted numerous polls showing that most people who believe in creationism believe in the literal "six-day creation about 6,000 years ago" version but Gbaji keeps insisting otherwise. For obvious reasons, of course but still.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#139 Feb 08 2014 at 3:29 AM Rating: Good
******
44,522 posts
gbaji wrote:
I tend to disagree with bad arguments, regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the outcome.
You tend to be the one making the bad arguments.
gbaji wrote:
I'm agnostic
Oooh, big surprise.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#140 Feb 08 2014 at 7:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Gbaji wrote:
And guess what? Evolution does not contradict, much less disprove the idea that some form of divine being created the universe and even planned out how life would form and what it would become. No contradiction at all.


This is how most Christians reconcile their religious beliefs with science. What started the big bang? God did it, until proven otherwise. If it is proven otherwise, they'll probably jump through another hoop.

Quote:
I don't have to believe or not believe in creationism to disagree with the person who says that since evolution is proven science all creationists are wrong. Cause that's a crappy argument. See how that works?


I wouldn't peg those that accept science & can reconcile their religious beliefs with it as "creationists", they're simply religious people. Creationists nowadays tend to be the young earth kind which are trying to get evolution not taught in school. And young earthers are demonstrably wrong.

Ken Hamm & you have a lot in common Gbaji. Watching his debate is a lot like reading your drivel about things like global warming. Different topic, sure, but similar types of arguments. The hoops you boys have to jump through to deny the obvious is amusing until it gets boring and/or I start to wonder if either of you really believe what you're saying.

For what its worth, much like the politicians who speak similar drivel, I don't think you actually believe most of what you say - you're all just saying it to troll the people who don't agree while pandering to the minority that do.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#141 Feb 08 2014 at 9:15 AM Rating: Default
Smash is being a "not very intelligent regarding this and is being belligerent for no reason person" if he thinks one can not accept both science and god into their hearts. Just because we have figured out how some of the machine works doesn't mean God didn't build it.

(edited for Google.)





Edited, Feb 8th 2014 10:21am by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#142 Feb 08 2014 at 11:09 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
God is the machine. Or if you apply Occam's Razor, the machine is the machine.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#143 Feb 10 2014 at 5:16 AM Rating: Good
******
44,522 posts
Oh, I hope the machine is a love tester.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#144 Feb 10 2014 at 10:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
I'd say the odds of that are good, given the emphasis that already exists on procreation and such.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#145 Feb 10 2014 at 1:01 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,588 posts
Smash is being a "not very intelligent regarding this and is being belligerent for no reason person" if he thinks one can not accept both science and god into their hearts.

No, I'm just articulating what 99.999999% of scientist also believe, but most are too polite to bother with stating. What you "accept into your heart," pardon me, I threw up in my mouth a little typing that, the banality almost got the better of me, is none of my concern. If you want to live with the idiotic cognitive dissonance required to cling to animal brain superstitions and xenophobia, that's great for you. It also hampers your ability to judge reality objectively. Sorry. That's the choice you've made.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#146 Feb 10 2014 at 1:46 PM Rating: Default
Why so angry Smash. Does it make you mad that I can believe the science of the working body of our existence...and believe that there is a possibility that something made this great design for us to discover.

Or does it make you jealous?

The two beliefs aren't mutually exclusive...but hey believe what you want...you are just wrong.

Edited, Feb 10th 2014 2:46pm by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#147 Feb 10 2014 at 1:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I accepted Smash into my heart and I think he gave me parasites.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#148 Feb 10 2014 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
I missed the debate as it was on at the same time as my gov was giving the state of the state address last week. I've heard a couple snippets since, but not enough to really get a feel for what transpired.

But, here's a follow up article from NPR.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#149 Feb 10 2014 at 1:50 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I accepted Smash into my heart and I think he gave me parasites.

Are you sure that was your heart?

Edited, Feb 10th 2014 8:54pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#150 Feb 10 2014 at 4:35 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,053 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
Smash is being a "not very intelligent regarding this and is being belligerent for no reason person" if he thinks one can not accept both science and god into their hearts.

No, I'm just articulating what 99.999999% of scientist also believe, but most are too polite to bother with stating. What you "accept into your heart," pardon me, I threw up in my mouth a little typing that, the banality almost got the better of me, is none of my concern. If you want to live with the idiotic cognitive dissonance required to cling to animal brain superstitions and xenophobia, that's great for you. It also hampers your ability to judge reality objectively. Sorry. That's the choice you've made.

It's not a choice, they're born that way!
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#151 Feb 10 2014 at 4:40 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,053 posts
Stalker rdmcandie wrote:
Why so angry Smash. Does it make you mad that I can believe the science of the working body of our existence...and believe that there is a possibility that something made this great design for us to discover.

Or does it make you jealous?

The two beliefs aren't mutually exclusive...but hey believe what you want...you are just wrong.

One of those beliefs is entirely unnecessary and extraneous. It serves no purpose except to placate and control the grumbling masses.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 52 All times are in CST
Kavekkk, Kuwoobie, Technogeek, trickybeck, Xsarus, Anonymous Guests (47)