Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Israel (again!)Follow

#1 Jan 31 2013 at 10:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,427 posts
So,

You may have read this, but my good friend Israel has bombed a sovereign nation again.

Quote:
Israel faces threats of retaliation after Wednesday's bombing on the Syrian-Lebanese border, with Russia and the Arab League describing it as a violation of Syria's sovereignty. Syria and Iran threatened to respond to the military intervention, which was widely ascribed to Israeli forces.


I think Israel has gone off the ledge to be honest. I don't think a direct attack garners them any support, especially a few weeks ago they were held in scrutiny over its refusal to sign the NPT, and its continual settlement of unrecognized occupied land.

Quote:
A spokesman for the Arab League said the bombing was a "glaring violation" of Syria's sovereignty. The "silence of the international community about Israel's bombing of Syrian sites in the past encouraged it to carry out the new aggression, taking advantage of political and security deterioration in Syria," Nabil al-Arabi, the league's head, said.

The Russian foreign ministry said: "If this information is confirmed, then we are dealing with unprovoked attacks on targets on the territory of a sovereign country, which blatantly violates the UN charter and is unacceptable, no matter the motives to justify it."


But this is what I find most interesting. It is the the hypocritical choice we in the west must make. Israel has preemptively struck a sovereign nation. Violating UN Charters, and Treaties Signed by Israel. We have been hypocritical over many things with Israel over the last 40 years. We always lean on the "But the Holocaust" crutch. It was bad sh*t, there was a time for mourning, but it should not be a get out of world court free card. We have been appeasing them for decades. How would Israel fare if the US stopped paying them money to provoke war, when they can spend that money at home...similarly how can mine?

We hold other nations to be accountable to their treaties, and obligations to law and civility. We sanction those who do not, we punish those who invade others. Do we now throw the principles of our free societies aside to support Israel once again, appease them another deliberate violation of UN Charters. Or is it time we let Israel stand alone and be accountable for its actions, like a grown up country. Hell we hold Palestine more accountable, and they aren't even a real country.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#2 Jan 31 2013 at 11:08 PM Rating: Decent
Supreme Lionator
*****
13,908 posts
It's all the fault of the jews, right? Never heard that one before.

My friend, you must face the fact that speaking the truth about Israel makes you an anti-semite.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#3 Jan 31 2013 at 11:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,495 posts
I have a good friend in Israel, and like many of the citizens there, she's been more or less brainwashed and propagandized to not even realize that Israel does a lot of very, very bad things.

Israel is still the US's friend, but it's becoming the belligerent friend who gets up into bar fights and expects his bros to bail his ass out any time he's called out for his actions.

Edited, Feb 1st 2013 12:31am by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#4 Feb 01 2013 at 12:18 AM Rating: Good
******
21,715 posts
I'd put the odds at Israel starting WW3 at around 50%. Probably with a strike on Iran. Maybe even nuclear.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#5 Feb 01 2013 at 1:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Supreme Lionator
*****
13,908 posts
catwho wrote:
I have a good friend in Israel, and like many of the citizens there, she's been more or less brainwashed and propagandized to not even realize that Israel does a lot of very, very bad things.

Israel is still the US's friend, but it's becoming the belligerent friend who gets up into bar fights and expects his bros to bail his ass out any time he's called out for his actions.


They're like two gangsters, strolling down the boardwalk together.

Israel looks out to the sea. The sun is setting and the light makes silhouettes of the flocking gulls. He feels America behind him, his strong arm draped over his shoulders. What a mess pronouns can be, thought Israel. I'm premised on the imposition of a single racial identity on an already inhabited bit of land, he added. I'm fundamentally racist.

"It's okay, Israel," said America. He looked to the horizon, and Israel imagined he could see the visionary spark of the Founding Fathers in those deep, sort of greenish eyes. "You had to snuff some guys, you had to snuff 'em. America understands."

And then there was no need for words.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#6 Feb 01 2013 at 7:38 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
28,585 posts
Israel still has a fair amount of light skinned fellows, right? Well then, clearly, they can do what ever they like to their brown skinned neighbors with full US support. That aside, this was a good decision and not the usual election time killing of Arab civilians for fun we normally see them engaging in.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. @#%^ off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#7 Feb 01 2013 at 7:43 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,829 posts
Ed Koch died yesterday. Seems timely as much american sentiment appears to be ebbing away from Israel.

____________________________
LOOK here.
#8 Feb 01 2013 at 7:43 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,495 posts
Kavekk wrote:
catwho wrote:
I have a good friend in Israel, and like many of the citizens there, she's been more or less brainwashed and propagandized to not even realize that Israel does a lot of very, very bad things.

Israel is still the US's friend, but it's becoming the belligerent friend who gets up into bar fights and expects his bros to bail his ass out any time he's called out for his actions.


They're like two gangsters, strolling down the boardwalk together.

Israel looks out to the sea. The sun is setting and the light makes silhouettes of the flocking gulls. He feels America behind him, his strong arm draped over his shoulders. What a mess pronouns can be, thought Israel. I'm premised on the imposition of a single racial identity on an already inhabited bit of land, he added. I'm fundamentally racist.

"It's okay, Israel," said America. He looked to the horizon, and Israel imagined he could see the visionary spark of the Founding Fathers in those deep, sort of greenish eyes. "You had to snuff some guys, you had to snuff 'em. America understands."

And then there was no need for words.


Pfffft everyone knows America/England is the best slash pairing.

Edited, Feb 1st 2013 8:44am by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#9 Feb 01 2013 at 7:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Heavens, no. Not Syria. Next thing you know, they'll be covertly aiding and supplying the anti-government rebels there and then we'll really have to get mad...
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#10 Feb 01 2013 at 8:17 AM Rating: Excellent
******
41,289 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
I'd put the odds at Israel starting WW3 at around 50%. Probably with a strike on Iran. Maybe even nuclear.
Poland is captured and France surrenders.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#11 Feb 01 2013 at 11:16 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,715 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
I'd put the odds at Israel starting WW3 at around 50%. Probably with a strike on Iran. Maybe even nuclear.
Poland is captured and France surrenders.

Isn't that how it always starts?
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#12 Feb 01 2013 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,528 posts

Israel only did it to give credibility to Chuck Hagel.
____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#13 Feb 01 2013 at 11:29 AM Rating: Good
******
41,289 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
I'd put the odds at Israel starting WW3 at around 50%. Probably with a strike on Iran. Maybe even nuclear.
Poland is captured and France surrenders.
Isn't that how it always starts?
Or earthquakes, birds and snakes, and aeroplanes.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14 Feb 01 2013 at 11:39 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
I'd put the odds at Israel starting WW3 at around 50%. Probably with a strike on Iran. Maybe even nuclear.
Poland is captured and France surrenders.
Isn't that how it always starts?
Or earthquakes, birds and snakes, and aeroplanes.


At least Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 46 All times are in CDT
Almalieque, Jophiel, lolgaxe, Uglysasquatch, Anonymous Guests (42)