Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Joe the Deadbeat vs GI JaneFollow

#1 Oct 10 2012 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
So, this is one of the Congressional races I've been watching, because it's just such a dichotomy that it isn't even funny.

Joe Walsh (R), the deadbeat dad who owed over $100,000 in back child support, versus Tammy Duckworth (D), the National Guard Lieutenant Colonel who lost both her legs in Iraq in 2004.

During their most recent debate, he tried to mock her choice of clothing, and the fact that she *gasp* spent some time shopping for a dress for the DNC. The crowd booed him for bringing up something so dumb.

She shot back that her clothing choices are her business, and she's worn one color for most of her adult life: Camouflage. (She is still an active member of the National Guard; she declined to retire due to her injuries.)

Smiley: popcorn

This particular debate is more raucous than normal because the audience was fueled by an open bar, apparently.

Edit: Interesting, seems he and his wife settled their lawsuit out of court because, whaddaya know, nobody likes a deadbeat dad during an election year.

Edited, Oct 10th 2012 10:50pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#2 Oct 10 2012 at 1:21 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,873 posts
If anything should be taken from this, is that more debates need open bars.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 Oct 10 2012 at 1:21 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Quote:
Walsh, the prolific McHenry Tea Partyer, attacked everything from his opponent’s fashion decisions — waving a picture of the Hoffman Estates Democrat shopping for a Democratic National Convention outfit —


Obviously, if you're going to be a woman going toe-to-toe with the big boys in politics, clothes are an utter waste. She would have been much better served showing up naked, especially since she's got some freaky deformity stuff going on.
#4 Oct 10 2012 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
Guenny wrote:
Quote:
Walsh, the prolific McHenry Tea Partyer, attacked everything from his opponent’s fashion decisions — waving a picture of the Hoffman Estates Democrat shopping for a Democratic National Convention outfit —


Obviously, if you're going to be a woman going toe-to-toe with the big boys in politics, clothes are an utter waste. She would have been much better served showing up naked, especially since she's got some freaky deformity stuff going on.


Well, if you count metal legs as deformities and not prosthetics, sure.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#5 Oct 10 2012 at 1:29 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Missing her legs is the deformity. Those metal bars are strapped to nubs.
#6 Oct 10 2012 at 1:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
Guenny wrote:
Missing her legs is the deformity. Those metal bars are strapped to nubs.


I guess I think of a "defomity" as something you're born with, not the result of an amputation. She had two perfectly good legs 'til they done got blowed up in the war.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#7 Oct 10 2012 at 1:44 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
I'm sorry, I forgot that the Asylum is 100% PC these days.

Quote:
de·form
1   [dih-fawrm]
verb (used with object)
1.to mar the natural form or shape of; put out of shape; disfigure: In cases where the drug was taken during pregnancy, its effects deformed the infants.
2.to make ugly, ungraceful, or displeasing; mar the beauty of; spoil: The trees had been completely deformed by the force of the wind.
3.to change the form of; transform.
4.Geology, Mechanics. to subject to deformation: The metal was deformed under stress.


Nobody is born with robot legs unless they're Terminator.
#8 Oct 10 2012 at 2:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Ms. Duckworth sends me a request for money approximately once an hour. I don't even live in her district but I shot her $20 back in 2008 and that's how they get ya.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#9 Oct 10 2012 at 2:30 PM Rating: Excellent
******
21,717 posts
Guenny wrote:
Quote:
Walsh, the prolific McHenry Tea Partyer, attacked everything from his opponent’s fashion decisions — waving a picture of the Hoffman Estates Democrat shopping for a Democratic National Convention outfit —


Obviously, if you're going to be a woman going toe-to-toe with the big boys in politics


I don't think she's going toe-to-toe with anybody. Smiley: frown
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#10 Oct 10 2012 at 2:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,324 posts
how is this even a race? Who would vote for a deadbeat dad?
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#11 Oct 10 2012 at 2:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Republicans.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#12 Oct 10 2012 at 2:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
He's not a deadbeat dad, by their view. He's forcing his children to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, and exhibiting fiscal responsibility by not giving his ***** ex-wife a penny more since she'd just spend it on something unnecessary, like clothes for them. Spoiled kids need to go out and shoot deer to make themselves buckskin breeches like our forefathers did.

Edited, Oct 10th 2012 4:53pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#13 Oct 10 2012 at 3:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,576 posts
Saw this tweet while watching her give a speech at the DNC:
https://twitter.com/tbogg/status/243148065274466305
Quote:
@tbogg
Tammy Duckworth lost her legs while piloting a Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. Paul Ryan once drove the Weinermobile.

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#14 Oct 10 2012 at 4:46 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,978 posts
catwho wrote:
Joe Walsh (R), the deadbeat dad who owes almost $100,000 in back child support.

Wow, things must have really gone downhill since he lost that gig on "The Drew Carey Show".
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#15 Oct 10 2012 at 5:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,057 posts
trickybeck wrote:
Saw this tweet while watching her give a speech at the DNC:
https://twitter.com/tbogg/status/243148065274466305
Quote:
@tbogg
Tammy Duckworth lost her legs while piloting a Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. Paul Ryan once drove the Weinermobile.


Did Paul Ryan lose his legs while driving the Weinermobile?

Because if not, I don't see how this is relevant. Or interesting.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#16 Oct 10 2012 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,576 posts
Demea wrote:
trickybeck wrote:
Saw this tweet while watching her give a speech at the DNC:
https://twitter.com/tbogg/status/243148065274466305
Quote:
@tbogg
Tammy Duckworth lost her legs while piloting a Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. Paul Ryan once drove the Weinermobile.


Did Paul Ryan lose his legs while driving the Weinermobile?

Because if not, I don't see how this is relevant. Or interesting.

He lost his weiner.

It's interesting because it's funny. It's relevant because funny things are always relevant. You are neither.

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#17 Oct 10 2012 at 5:45 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,057 posts
trickybeck wrote:
It's interesting because it's funny. It's relevant because funny things are always relevant. You are neither.

I call baloney.

And that baloney has a first name...
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#18 Oct 10 2012 at 6:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,250 posts
Speaking of going toe to toe, apparently you don't want to **** of an Aussie woman.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#19 Oct 10 2012 at 7:40 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
If comparing food to genitalia is sexual harassment, then I've been pretty much sexually harassed by everyone ever.
#20gbaji, Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 8:24 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) He's not a deadbeat dad. Victim of a pretty massive smear campaign? Yes. Deadbeat dad? Nope. I honestly had never heard of him prior to this thread, but it is pretty amusing to read up on the insanely ridiculous things that he's been attacked over. Like an article in the paper about how he allowed his car insurance to lapse? Wow. Gotta really not have a leg to stand on to go there (ba dum dum!). There's some serious mudslinging going on there.
#21 Oct 10 2012 at 8:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
gbaji wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
how is this even a race? Who would vote for a deadbeat dad?


He's not a deadbeat dad. Victim of a pretty massive smear campaign? Yes. Deadbeat dad? Nope. I honestly had never heard of him prior to this thread, but it is pretty amusing to read up on the insanely ridiculous things that he's been attacked over. Like an article in the paper about how he allowed his car insurance to lapse? Wow. Gotta really not have a leg to stand on to go there (ba dum dum!). There's some serious mudslinging going on there.


How do you know he's the victim of a smear campaign if you never heard of him before this thread...? Smiley: dubious
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#22 Oct 10 2012 at 8:49 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,873 posts
Republican.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#23 Oct 10 2012 at 8:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
Edited the top post. Seems he and his wife settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.

I wonder how much he had to pay her to get her to say "oh no, he was never a 'deadbeat dad'" even though she had to sue him for the money before he was up for re-election.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#24 Oct 10 2012 at 8:55 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
GI Jane vs Deadbeat Joe sounds like a pretty cool B movie.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#25 Oct 10 2012 at 9:02 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
19,848 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Republican.


And that's how the tea got all over my keyboard. Smiley: mad
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#26 Oct 10 2012 at 9:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
He's not a deadbeat dad. Victim of a pretty massive smear campaign? Yes. Deadbeat dad? Nope.

He managed to get dragged to court over a ton of unpaid child support, which he eventually settled. Sounds pretty deadbeat to me. His problems with it have been in the local news for over a year, including on a conservative talk stations.

Quote:
I honestly had never heard of him prior to this thread

This doesn't surprise me. Not because he's unknown; this race has had a national profile all year and Walsh has been an outspoken firebrand in Congress. But because you usually don't really know a lot about stuff, especially what's going on in politics.

Quote:
There's some serious mudslinging going on there.

Welcome to congressional races?

Duckworth is running in a district pretty much build (during redistricting) to give her the job. I like her but if she can't pull it off this year, she doesn't deserve to have it.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#27 Oct 10 2012 at 11:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
7,468 posts
Olorinus wrote:
how is this even a race? Who would vote for a deadbeat dad?


Kids should just go out and get jobs, learn how to support themselves. Entitled little punks if you ask me.


____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#28 Oct 11 2012 at 1:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
4,041 posts
But what if they want to start a business, or go to college? Who will they borrow money from?
#29 Oct 11 2012 at 5:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
One of the insults Tammy lobbed at him during the Drunk Debate was that his ex-wife isn't the only one who sued him for money. His own campaign manager sued him for unpaid salary during his previous race.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#30 Oct 11 2012 at 5:51 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Paying bills is for commoners, they should be happy that he lets them work for him.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#31 Oct 11 2012 at 7:59 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,873 posts
Jophiel wrote:
He managed to get dragged to court over a ton of unpaid child support, which he eventually settled.
Yeah, but after being forced by an outside source he paid so that makes him an upstanding citizen that a certain someone can relate to.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#32 Oct 11 2012 at 11:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,044 posts
gbaji wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
how is this even a race? Who would vote for a deadbeat dad?


He's not a deadbeat dad. Victim of a pretty massive smear campaign? Yes. Deadbeat dad? Nope. I honestly had never heard of him prior to this thread, but it is pretty amusing to read up on the insanely ridiculous things that he's been attacked over. Like an article in the paper about how he allowed his car insurance to lapse? Wow. Gotta really not have a leg to stand on to go there (ba dum dum!). There's some serious mudslinging going on there.



Political party be damned, this guy lacks scruples. You look foolish defending him.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#33 Oct 11 2012 at 11:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
He managed to get dragged to court over a ton of unpaid child support, which he eventually settled.
Yeah, but after being forced by an outside source he paid so that makes him an upstanding citizen that a certain someone can relate to.

Oh right, how gbaji is all cool with the IRS now after finally paying his back taxes. I think owing taxes is actually less reprehensible than owing child support, though.

Edited, Oct 11th 2012 1:53pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#34gbaji, Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 2:41 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) As I said. I'm sure it's a big story in Chicago. Should we poll the rest of the forum to ask how many people who don't live in the Chicago area had heard of this guy and his problems prior to this thread? I'm reasonably confident that number is pretty close to zero. It doesn't really matter though, my comment had nothing to do with my assessment. Way to zero in on a statement that was merely a setup for a more relevant one. The only reason I stated that was to establish that my knowledge of the guy was based on reading the linked article and a couple other online sources talking about him. Strange thing to make hay out of.
#35 Oct 11 2012 at 2:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
As I said. I'm sure it's a big story in Chicago. Should we poll the rest of the forum to ask how many people who don't live in the Chicago area had heard of this guy and his problems prior to this thread?

We could, but it wouldn't prove much to me since most of this forum doesn't claim to have anything other than a shallow overview of what's going on politically in this country.

Now if that's the standard you're looking to be held by, sure.

But I like how you've already started crying about me pointing this out. How DARE I point out how little you know *footstomp!*pout!* Smiley: laugh

Here's an early story calling bullshit on Walsh's excuses of having no money and having to live under a bridge, eating mice and too poor to pay his required child support. You're welcome to furiously Google to try and counter it and we can have a fun exchange like the time you tried to argue with me about Jack Ryan's divorce records. Or you can just accept that I know way, way more about this than you and bow out gracefully. Or, most likely, you can continue to throw temper tantrums like you do most of the time.

Edited, Oct 11th 2012 3:52pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#36gbaji, Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 2:52 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Why do you say that? Because someone applied a label to him? What do you know about him that makes you objectively come to that conclusion. Because I don't see anything in his past that is unscrupulous at all. He was unemployed and owed some money. Kinda like a lot of people. Because of this, a couple people sued him for that money once he had some again (like when he won his seat). Again, nothing particularly shocking about this. Oh, and his insurance lapsed during this time period too. That's just terrible, right? He must be a monster!!!
#37gbaji, Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 2:54 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Geez Joph. Contrary to what you believe, Chicago is not the center of the universe.
#38 Oct 11 2012 at 2:56 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,873 posts
gbaji wrote:
Think for yourself.
Smiley: laugh
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#39 Oct 11 2012 at 4:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Geez Joph. Contrary to what you believe, Chicago is not the center of the universe.

No one said it was. Walsh, however, is involved in one of the top watched Congressional races this cycle. Someone following US politics with any interest would probably know that.

It's funny that you constantly brag about how you don't follow this stuff and then get your panties in a knot when someone else points out that you must not follow this stuff Smiley: laugh Why not just say "Yeah, I don't really pay attention to politics except superficially"?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#40 Oct 11 2012 at 4:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,044 posts
gbaji wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Political party be damned, this guy lacks scruples.


Why do you say that? Because someone applied a label to him? What do you know about him that makes you objectively come to that conclusion. Because I don't see anything in his past that is unscrupulous at all. He was unemployed and owed some money. Kinda like a lot of people. Because of this, a couple people sued him for that money once he had some again (like when he won his seat). Again, nothing particularly shocking about this. Oh, and his insurance lapsed during this time period too. That's just terrible, right? He must be a monster!!!


Seriously. Can you actually point to one thing that supports your claim? Because I read several sources talking about him, and while there's a lot of claims about this and that, and a lot of labeling of him, when you look at what he's actually done, it's nothing that bad. But if you get enough people pointing at those things and declaring them to be horrible, most people wont stop and ask "is that really horrible?". They'll just assume that they are.


Think for yourself.
I watched him hold up a picture and wave it around in a debate to mock his opponent. That's not some off the cuff slight. That's a planned petty mean-spirited attack. That's all I need to see to say to formulate an opinion that the guy lacks scruples. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#41 Oct 11 2012 at 5:04 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,044 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Think for yourself.
Smiley: laugh
Smiley: monkey
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#42 Oct 11 2012 at 5:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,978 posts
gbaji wrote:
I'm sure it does. But if you dropped the emotion and examined the facts rationally, it shouldn't sound that way at all. The guy was unemployed for several years. He was not able to pay the child support originally agreed to because he was unemployed. He was not "dragged into court". His ex-wife filed the suit, most likely because if she fails to do so within a given time period, she's effectively forgiving the debt owed. The amount was inflated, because you don't file for the least you think you can get. Once he had sufficient income to pay her, they came to their own agreement privately and she dropped the suit.

Wow, now that's what I call a ringing endorsement. Can't find a job and support his family? Elect him to office!
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#43 Oct 11 2012 at 11:50 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,430 posts
She's a terrible candidate. Just awful. Nice personal story and all that, I'm sure she's lovely to hang out with, and an excellent dancer.....but. She looks like a young Rosanne Barr. ********** it Dan, you cut my legs off trying to get to a steak again!"
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#44 Oct 12 2012 at 1:19 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,978 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
She's a terrible candidate. Just awful. Nice personal story and all that, I'm sure she's lovely to hang out with, and an excellent dancer.....but. She looks like a young Rosanne Barr. ********** it Dan, you cut my legs off trying to get to a steak again!"

No, she looks like a fat Margaret Cho. And I can't take seriously anyone with the name "Tammy", even if it isn't followed up by the similarly ridiculous "Duckworth". Wasn't that the butler on DuckTales?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#45 Oct 15 2012 at 2:28 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,731 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Geez Joph. Contrary to what you believe, Chicago is not the center of the universe.

No one said it was. Walsh, however, is involved in one of the top watched Congressional races this cycle. Someone following US politics with any interest would probably know that.


Sure. In the context of "here's a dozen or so congressional races we're watching". The level of detail beyond "this is a tight race" is really not present once you get outside your neck of the woods Joph.

Quote:
It's funny that you constantly brag about how you don't follow this stuff and then get your panties in a knot when someone else points out that you must not follow this stuff Smiley: laugh Why not just say "Yeah, I don't really pay attention to politics except superficially"?


Um... Because it's the other way around. I don't pay attention to the superficial aspects of politics. Ask me to speak about issues and the principles they're based on, and I can speak for hours. Ask me to list off the negatives for a given congressional candidate? Not going to happen. I tend to take a big picture approach to politics. Some of us like to lift our heads above the mud and look at where we actually are and where we'd like to go. It's a different approach, but it doesn't mean that I don't pay attention to politics. I just pay attention to the parts that I think are actually more important. To me, the policies and positions a given politician is likely to support or oppose is vastly more important than whether he owed some back child support from a time period when he was unemployed. Cause the former actually affects me, while the latter doesn't.

Strange that so many people put so much weight on the wrong things though. I mean, I get it. But it still shows just how moronic the majority of the voting population is at any given time. Nature of the beast, I suppose.

Edited, Oct 15th 2012 1:29pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#46 Oct 15 2012 at 2:31 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Geez Joph. Contrary to what you believe, Chicago is not the center of the universe.

No one said it was. Walsh, however, is involved in one of the top watched Congressional races this cycle. Someone following US politics with any interest would probably know that.


Sure. In the context of "here's a dozen or so congressional races we're watching". The level of detail beyond "this is a tight race" is really not present once you get outside your neck of the woods Joph.


Gbaji's been driven back to his last trench, and he's going to hold it, or die trying.

gbaji wrote:
Quote:
It's funny that you constantly brag about how you don't follow this stuff and then get your panties in a knot when someone else points out that you must not follow this stuff Smiley: laugh Why not just say "Yeah, I don't really pay attention to politics except superficially"?


Um... Because it's the other way around. I don't pay attention to the superficial aspects of politics. Ask me to speak about issues and the principles they're based on, and I can speak for hours. Ask me to list off the negatives for a given congressional candidate? Not going to happen. I tend to take a big picture approach to politics. Some of us like to lift our heads above the mud and look at where we actually are and where we'd like to go. It's a different approach, but it doesn't mean that I don't pay attention to politics. I just pay attention to the parts that I think are actually more important. To me, the policies and positions a given politician is likely to support or oppose is vastly more important than whether he owed some back child support from a time period when he was unemployed. Cause the former actually affects me, while the latter doesn't.

Strange that so many people put so much weight on the wrong things though. I mean, I get it. But it still shows just how moronic the majority of the voting population is at any given time. Nature of the beast, I suppose.


Oh, the unintentional comedy. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#47gbaji, Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 4:02 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Huh? I'll ask again: How many posters here who don't live in the area had heard any of those details about this congressional race prior to this thread? It really has not been national news, no matter what Joph's perception is. I mean, I could start linking to all sorts of mudslinging going on with congressional races here in California (or the Mayoral race in San Diego, if you really want to get obscure), and could certainly come up with all sorts of interesting/shocking things about various people running (yes, even those evil Democrats!). But that stuff isn't terribly interesting to anyone else, so I don't.
#48 Oct 15 2012 at 4:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
I heard about it. I live in Georgia.

But I pay attention.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#49 Oct 15 2012 at 5:12 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,978 posts
I haven't heard about it, but that's because I don't even pay attention to my own local politics.All I know is that one candidate for one race has the name of a popular guitar-maker, and another candidate for another race has a mis-spelled version of the first name.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#50 Oct 15 2012 at 5:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Um... Because it's the other way around

Smiley: laugh
Quote:
How many posters here who don't live in the area had heard any of those details about this congressional race prior to this thread?

It'd make a lot more sense to ask "Which posters here who consider themselves well educated in current political events..."


Edited, Oct 15th 2012 6:21pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#51 Oct 15 2012 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,324 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
She looks like...


What do her looks have to do with anything? This isn't a job interview for a swimsuit model.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 42 All times are in CDT
Kuwoobie, Anonymous Guests (41)