Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Joe the Deadbeat vs GI JaneFollow

#52 Oct 15 2012 at 9:01 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,894 posts
Olorinus wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
She looks like...


What do her looks have to do with anything? This isn't a job interview for a swimsuit model.

Thank God for that.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#53 Oct 15 2012 at 9:16 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
gbaji wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Geez Joph. Contrary to what you believe, Chicago is not the center of the universe.

No one said it was. Walsh, however, is involved in one of the top watched Congressional races this cycle. Someone following US politics with any interest would probably know that.


Sure. In the context of "here's a dozen or so congressional races we're watching". The level of detail beyond "this is a tight race" is really not present once you get outside your neck of the woods Joph.


Gbaji's been driven back to his last trench, and he's going to hold it, or die trying.


Huh? I'll ask again: How many posters here who don't live in the area had heard any of those details about this congressional race prior to this thread? It really has not been national news, no matter what Joph's perception is. I mean, I could start linking to all sorts of mudslinging going on with congressional races here in California (or the Mayoral race in San Diego, if you really want to get obscure), and could certainly come up with all sorts of interesting/shocking things about various people running (yes, even those evil Democrats!). But that stuff isn't terribly interesting to anyone else, so I don't.

So forgive me if my response to this is that it's much ado about nothing.


'Atta boy. Dig in deep, soldier, and line that trench with barbed wire and strawmen.

Crazylegs will take the first watch.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#54 Oct 16 2012 at 5:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,841 posts
I known about this race for months, but then the DSCC sends me mailing about 2 to 3 times a month asking for money with updates on close races.
____________________________
This Post is written in Elnese, If it was an actual Post, it would make sense.

"England needs, examples of people who, leaving Heaven to decide whether they are to rise in the world, decide for themselves that they will be happy in it, and have resolved to seek, not greater wealth, but simpler pleasures; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity; making the first of possessions self-possession, and honouring themselves in the harmless pride and calm pursuits of peace." - John Ruskin
#55 Oct 16 2012 at 7:15 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,458 posts
gbaji wrote:
But that stuff isn't terribly interesting to anyone else, so I don't.
Sherman/Berman is vaguely interesting, what with it almost turning into a fist fight recently. Just because you're willfully ignorant to politics doesn't mean the rest of the country is. It certainly isn't a bragging point.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#56 Oct 16 2012 at 7:32 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,679 posts
Don't let the liberal hive-mind get you down gbaji, I hadn't heard of it either til this thread.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#57 Oct 16 2012 at 7:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Just to restate since Gbaji is trying to lower the bar here. I responded to him not knowing who Congressman Walsh was, period. Not if Gbaji knew the minutiae of his child support issues. Gbaji said he had never heard of Walsh before this thread. Which is unsurprising for someone who doesn't follow politics or the elections. It's more surprising that someone who claims that they do would be totally unfamiliar.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#58 Oct 16 2012 at 7:38 AM Rating: Good
******
43,458 posts
But he does DVR debates.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#59 Oct 16 2012 at 7:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,679 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Just to restate since Gbaji is trying to lower the bar here. I responded to him not knowing who Congressman Walsh was, period. Not if Gbaji knew the minutiae of his child support issues. Gbaji said he had never heard of Walsh before this thread. Which is unsurprising for someone who doesn't follow politics or the elections. It's more surprising that someone who claims that they do would be totally unfamiliar.

What's surprising to me is gbaji's unselfish defense of this poor victimized politician that he'd never heard of. It's almost like Walsh garnered all this gbaji-sympathy simply because he wears the 'R'. - crazy i know.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#60 Oct 16 2012 at 8:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Elinda wrote:
It's almost like Walsh garnered all this gbaji-sympathy simply because he wears the 'R'. - crazy i know.

No way. He would feel the same for anyone running against Duckworth.

Not because he loves Republicans, but because he hates wounded veterans.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#61 Oct 16 2012 at 8:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
Quote:
Huh? I'll ask again: How many posters here who don't live in the area had heard any of those details about this congressional race prior to this thread?


I did I did! and I live in Canada! Then again I wake up to 20-30 emails from various news sources when they post articles relating to Politics, War, and Science.Then again I follow this **** pretty astutely. It pays to be informed of **** going on.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#62 Oct 16 2012 at 9:52 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,894 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Elinda wrote:
It's almost like Walsh garnered all this gbaji-sympathy simply because he wears the 'R'. - crazy i know.

No way. He would feel the same for anyone running against Duckworth.

Not because he loves Republicans, but because he hates wounded veterans.

And women. Chubby, vaguely foreign-looking women.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#63 Oct 16 2012 at 9:57 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,458 posts
Debalic wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Elinda wrote:
It's almost like Walsh garnered all this gbaji-sympathy simply because he wears the 'R'. - crazy i know.
No way. He would feel the same for anyone running against Duckworth.

Not because he loves Republicans, but because he hates wounded veterans.
And women. Chubby, vaguely foreign-looking women.
We'll have a happy new life, and we'll have equal rights for all. Except Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Jews, Gays, Women, Muslims ... Um ... everybody who's not a white man. And I mean "white" white, so no Italians, no Polish. Just people from Ireland, England, and Scotland. But from only certain parts of Scotland and Ireland. Just full blooded whites. No, y'know what? Not even whites. Nobody gets any rights. Ahhhh ... America.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#64gbaji, Posted: Oct 18 2012 at 4:00 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'd have made the exact same comments regardless of the political parties involved. I read a couple articles about the race and the wacky things this guy is being attacked over and concluded that there's some serious mudslinging going his way. That's not to say that he's not doing the same in the other direction, but I was just reading about the claims being made against him. If you want, I'll happily look at the claims being made against his opponent and point out which ones I think are absurd as well.
#65 Oct 18 2012 at 4:26 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,458 posts
gbaji wrote:
My opinions are based on my own political principles applied to the issue at hand.
It's just a coincidence that your opinion is 100% carbon copy of Fox News, and comes the day after they state it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#66 Oct 18 2012 at 4:29 PM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
gbaji wrote:
It's just a coincidence that your opinion is 100% carbon copy of Fox News, and comes the day after they state it.


Gbaji couldn't form opinions of his own if they were made of one-size-fits-all lego blocks.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#67 Oct 18 2012 at 5:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
4,041 posts
And you couldn't form an analogy with an electrified analogy machine on the analogiest day of your life.
#68 Oct 18 2012 at 5:08 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,484 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
My opinions are based on my own political principles applied to the issue at hand.
It's just a coincidence that your opinion is 100% carbon copy of Fox News, and comes the day after they state it.


Except for all the times that I express my opinion the day before it shows up on Fox News. Why do you think that it's unlikely that a group of people who hold the same or similar ideology would come to the same basic conclusions about many things independently of each other? I'd expect this to be the norm.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#69 Oct 18 2012 at 5:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
[I don't slavishly follow political news Joph. I've explained this to you for years now. My opinions are based on my own political principles applied to the issue at hand. Someone brings something up and expresses an opinion. I read up on the specifics of that thing and then form my own opinion. I know it's hard for some people to grasp that we don't all form our political opinions based on what a politically oriented news letter told us our position should be.

Right. You have a cursory understanding of what's going on in American politics and don't really tune into anything unless it's directly brought to your attention.
I previously wrote:
It's funny that you constantly brag about how you don't follow this stuff and then get your panties in a knot when someone else points out that you must not follow this stuff

It's as though I'm a prophet Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#70 Oct 18 2012 at 5:50 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,484 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Right. You have a cursory understanding of what's going on in American politics and don't really tune into anything unless it's directly brought to your attention.


And?


Quote:
I previously wrote:
It's funny that you constantly brag about how you don't follow this stuff and then get your panties in a knot when someone else points out that you must not follow this stuff

It's as though I'm a prophet Smiley: laugh


Except that my opinion of whether the labeling of Walsh as a "deadbeat dad" was fair has no bearing at all on the fact that he's involved in a political campaign. If that same charge was leveled on some random person in a newspaper (but otherwise identical) I'd have said the exact same thing. You're the one who seems to think that absent intimate knowledge of his involvement in a political race, one cannot make a good assessment as to whether his actions make him a deadbeat dad.

The logic you're using (and I use that word very loosely) is bizarre at best. I don't care if you say I haven't been following the campaign in question. I do care when you insist that because I haven't, that I must magically lose the ability to make a reasonable judgment of the facts regarding his child support.

Edited, Oct 18th 2012 4:51pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#71 Oct 18 2012 at 5:59 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,458 posts
gbaji wrote:
Except for all the times that I express my opinion the day before it shows up on Fox News.
Right, exactly, never.

I'm sorry, that's unfair of me. What probably happens is that before the information even exists you get it and formulate your opinion, but you just can't tell anyone else about it until the day after, but unfortunate for you that Fox News has already run it so it only appears like you're copying them, but in fact they are copying you.

Edited, Oct 18th 2012 8:09pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#72 Oct 18 2012 at 6:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
I do care when you insist that because I haven't, that I must magically lose the ability to make a reasonable judgment of the facts regarding his child support.

I didn't. I said I wasn't surprised that you had never heard of Walsh since you usually don't know about these things.
Jophiel previously wrote:
gbaji wrote:
]I honestly had never heard of him prior to this thread
This doesn't surprise me. Not because he's unknown; this race has had a national profile all year and Walsh has been an outspoken firebrand in Congress. But because you usually don't really know a lot about stuff, especially what's going on in politics.

...at which point you started saying "God, not everyone is in Chicago, Joph!" and "I could ask a million people and no one else has heard of him, Joph!" and other defensive things. It's funny because you do care. You obviously care quite a bit to keep insisting for days how my original statement wasn't true.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#73 Oct 18 2012 at 9:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
Gbaji wrote:
I don't slavishly follow political news Joph. I've explained this to you for years now. My opinions are based on my own political principles applied to the issue at hand. Someone brings something up and expresses an opinion. I read up on the specifics of that thing and then form my own opinion. I know it's hard for some people to grasp that we don't all form our political opinions based on what a politically oriented news letter told us our position should be.


Thats a lot of words to say "Talking out my ass."
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#74 Oct 19 2012 at 6:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Congressman Walsh let us know last night that there is no need for a medical exemption to any abortion ban because, with today's modern medicine and science there isn't a single instance where the the mother's life would be in that sort of danger.
Chicago Tribune wrote:
Walsh said he was against abortion “without exception,” including rape, incest and in cases in which the life or health of the mother was in jeopardy.

Asked by reporters after the debate if he was saying that it’s never medically necessary to conduct an abortion to save the life of a mother, Walsh responded, “Absolutely.”

“With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance,” he said. “... There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing.”
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#75 Oct 19 2012 at 7:12 AM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,894 posts
Wow. Just...wow.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#76 Oct 19 2012 at 7:17 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,679 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Quote:

“With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance,” he said. “... There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing.”

You can bet that pro-choicers will be searching for just 'one' instance.

I rue the day someone brings suite against a woman who suffers a miscarriage, charging her with man-slaughter.



Edited, Oct 19th 2012 3:18pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#77 Oct 19 2012 at 7:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,926 posts
Elinda wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Quote:

“With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance,” he said. “... There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing.”

You can bet that pro-choicers will be searching for just 'one' instance.

I rue the day someone brings suite against a woman who suffers a miscarriage, charging her with man-slaughter.


I think they'd prefer a policy of self-transmigration for the offenders.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#78 Oct 19 2012 at 7:42 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,458 posts
I can't wait to hear the spin on this.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#79 Oct 19 2012 at 7:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
"GOD WHO CARES NOT EVERYONE IS IN CHICAGO JOPH!!!"
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#80 Oct 19 2012 at 8:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,225 posts
Didn't Sarah Palin have a miscarriage and have to get a D&E lest the dead fetus rot inside her body giving her sepsis?

Yeah, thanks modern medical science!

Edited, Oct 19th 2012 10:27am by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#81 Oct 20 2012 at 2:17 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,531 posts
gbaji wrote:
Someone brings something up and expresses an opinion. I read up on the specifics of that thing and then form the opposite opinion.



FTFY
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#82 Oct 20 2012 at 3:11 PM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Someone brings something up and expresses an opinion. I try to read up on the specifics of that thing but fail to comprehend, and then form the opposite opinion.



FTFY

____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#83 Oct 23 2012 at 8:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Good news, ladies. Should you get raped and pregnant, it's because God wanted you raped and pregnant as part of His special gift.
PW wrote:
"Life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen."

-- Indiana U.S. Senate candidate Richard Mourdock (R), at a debate tonight with Rep. Joe Donnelly (D).
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#84 Oct 23 2012 at 8:24 PM Rating: Good
**
574 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Good news, ladies. Should you get raped and pregnant, it's because God wanted you raped and pregnant as part of His special gift.
PW wrote:
"Life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something God intended to happen."

-- Indiana U.S. Senate candidate Richard Mourdock (R), at a debate tonight with Rep. Joe Donnelly (D).



As long it not life that started in a country with oil that doesn't like us.
____________________________
.
#85 Oct 23 2012 at 8:44 PM Rating: Good
******
43,458 posts
It's in Chicago, so no one will know about it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#86 Nov 06 2012 at 11:47 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,225 posts
GI Jane wins!
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#87 Nov 07 2012 at 8:39 AM Rating: Good
******
43,458 posts
That movie was horrible.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 48 All times are in CDT