Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Read the LabelFollow

#1 Sep 26 2012 at 7:11 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
I guess on some level I knew that clothes sizes were manipulated by the clothes manufacturers. A story I heard this morning on the radio confirmed that peripheral knowledge. If the marketing professor they were interviewing is not exaggerating the size 6 that I thought I'd maintained over the last twenty years is actually like a size 10. She says the vanity sizing trends have also reached men's clothes. You may think a 36" pants is based on a 36" measure, but that's not necessarily so.
Quote:
"What used to be a size 8 in the 1950s has become a size 4 in the 1970s and a zero in 2006," Krishna said.

The point that Krishna is really making in this article is all about labels.
Quote:
In one experiment, she gave people cookies that were labeled either medium or large, and then measured how much they ate.

The catch? The cookies were identical in size.

What happened? You guessed it. People ate more cookies when they were labeled "medium." Rather than trust what their stomachs were telling them, in other words, people went by the label.


Are we really gullible enough to fool ourselves with labels or have we simply grown accepting and comfortable with larger sizes in both our clothes and our bags of fries?

Isn't it rather paradoxical that on one hand we claim to despise the unrealistic body image that the fashion industry continues to sell us with anorexic-looking run-way models yet on the other hand we eat up their attempts at making us feel like we're mabye, just a teeny bit like that skinny model because we fit into a size 6 dress (that used to be a size 10)?

Should there be standardized clothes sizes or portion sizes for retail establishments to adhere to (that would mean MORE regulation!)?

Would you be cool living, working and traveling in one of them lounging mobile chairs like the fatties in Wall-E used? I might be ok with that, but I doubt they do very well in the snow.

The brits, always trying to make us Merican's feel inferior (ok, so maybe they don't have to try that hard) have been attempting to tackle the body image issue. This year they initiated the 'Body Confidence' awards

To see what a woman's body supposedly really looks like at various weights and heights and types check out My Body Gallery.






Edited, Sep 26th 2012 3:13pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#2 Sep 26 2012 at 7:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
I find the whole size thing very annoying. I don't give a **** what size I fit into, so long as I fit into it. I hate getting a size 38 from one store and fitting into it, getting 38 from another and it being ridiculously loose on me and then getting a 38 from another store and it being snug or too tight on me. Just set a standard and everyone fucking stick to that standard.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#3 Sep 26 2012 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I find the whole size thing very annoying. I don't give a **** what size I fit into, so long as I fit into it. I hate getting a size 38 from one store and fitting into it, getting 38 from another and it being ridiculously loose on me and then getting a 38 from another store and it being snug or too tight on me. Just set a standard and everyone fucking stick to that standard.

I think they've changed up shoe sizes too. I started out adulthood wearing a 6, then for many years i wore a 7 now I wear a six again.

Seems like standardized sizes would be helpful for on-line sales.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#4 Sep 26 2012 at 7:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,903 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I find the whole size thing very annoying. I don't give a **** what size I fit into, so long as I fit into it. I hate getting a size 38 from one store and fitting into it, getting 38 from another and it being ridiculously loose on me and then getting a 38 from another store and it being snug or too tight on me. Just set a standard and everyone fucking stick to that standard.
Seriously. I hate having to use dressing rooms for normal purchases.
#5 Sep 26 2012 at 7:27 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Elinda wrote:
Are we really gullible enough to fool ourselves
Most people are. Especially the ones that order everything off a menu and a diet drink.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#6 Sep 26 2012 at 8:17 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Fat people problems.
#7 Sep 26 2012 at 8:42 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Guenny wrote:
Fat people problems.


Mo' cholesterol, mo' obesity-related morbidity.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#8 Sep 26 2012 at 8:48 AM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,042 posts
My baby, who is almost eight months, is in 12-18 month clothing. Then again, he does look like the Michelin Tire Man...
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#9 Sep 26 2012 at 8:55 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
All babies look like the Michelin Tire Man.

Except mine, who was a beautiful angel.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#10 Sep 26 2012 at 8:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Are we really gullible enough to fool ourselves
Most people are. Especially the ones that order everything off a menu and a diet drink.
I can't speak for everyone else who you see ordering, but I order diet pop because I'm diabetic and one glass of normal pop will do more damage to me than eating 3 entrees off of any menu.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#11 Sep 26 2012 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,042 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
All babies look like the Michelin Tire Man.

Except mine, who was a beautiful angel.

No, actually my other one was rather skinny, except for a one-month period where he was a bit chubby.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#12 Sep 26 2012 at 3:21 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Are we really gullible enough to fool ourselves
Most people are. Especially the ones that order everything off a menu and a diet drink.
I can't speak for everyone else who you see ordering, but I order diet pop because I'm diabetic and one glass of normal pop will do more damage to me than eating 3 entrees off of any menu.


Ah, eating at a fast food restaurant, ordering a diet soda, AND being a diabetic - the trifecta. Are you sure you haven't slipped south of the border?
#13 Sep 26 2012 at 4:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I never understood the diet coke rant thing. I mean, I get it from a "I have five more minutes of stand-up to fill and need jokes" point of view but, realistically, 1,500 calories + 0 cal. is better than 1,500 calories + 1,200 more calories with zero nutritional benefit. Maybe neither is a stellar dietary decision but one is significantly worse than the other.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#14 Sep 26 2012 at 6:25 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I never understood the diet coke rant thing. I mean, I get it from a "I have five more minutes of stand-up to fill and need jokes" point of view but, realistically, 1,500 calories + 0 cal. is better than 1,500 calories + 1,200 more calories with zero nutritional benefit. Maybe neither is a stellar dietary decision but one is significantly worse than the other.

It's just something the hipsters like to rant about. Guenny's brought it up at least twice before on this very forum.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#15 Sep 26 2012 at 9:47 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
4,041 posts
I've also said why. Fake sugar makes you crave real sugar, because you're telling your body you're consuming sweets, it gets none, and it craves more. It's a viscous cycle. Not only that, but fake sugar is SO sweet, that it dulls your taste buds, so that when you do consume foods that are normally sweet, they taste less sweet, then therefore craving more sweets.

Forgive me for not scouring google but here is a decent site from almost two decades ago of some studies done on aspartame: http://www.wnho.net/emerging_aspartame_facts.htm

Or, you know, who the fUck cares, let's just keep making ourselves sicker and fall back a couple more rungs on the evolutionary ladder. I'm just a hipster who is too cool for Diet Coke. Smiley: cool
#16 Sep 26 2012 at 10:01 PM Rating: Excellent
I prefer water with my meals myself.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#17 Sep 26 2012 at 10:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,237 posts
Guenny wrote:
I've also said why. Fake sugar makes you crave real sugar, because you're telling your body you're consuming sweets, it gets none, and it craves more. It's a viscous cycle.


Except when consumed with meals containing sugars and other carbohydrates, I'm sure your body sees and consumes those other sugars and the effect is not nearly as bad as you like to make it out to be. If all you were consuming was fake sugars and your body never saw anything to use it maybe then it would be a problem... (but of course you'd have other problems as well)

Edited, Sep 27th 2012 12:09am by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#18 Sep 26 2012 at 10:24 PM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
I prefer water with my meals myself.


Depends on the meal for me. I have to have pop with my pizza.
#19 Sep 26 2012 at 10:39 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
4,041 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Guenny wrote:
I've also said why. Fake sugar makes you crave real sugar, because you're telling your body you're consuming sweets, it gets none, and it craves more. It's a viscous cycle.


Except when consumed with meals containing sugars and other carbohydrates, I'm sure your body sees and consumes those other sugars and the effect is not nearly as bad as you like to make it out to be. If all you were consuming was fake sugars and your body never saw anything to use it maybe then it would be a problem... (but of course you'd have other problems as well)

Edited, Sep 27th 2012 12:09am by TirithRR


Yes, I'm sure your conjecture about how metabolism works is a much more reliable fact than the apparent hyperbole I'm making out of science. Just go enjoy another can of that sweet, sweet nectar.
#20 Sep 27 2012 at 12:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,903 posts
Guenny wrote:
Just go enjoy another can of that sweet, sweet nectar.
Sweet Nectar only regens 1344 mana. Smiley: frown
#21 Sep 27 2012 at 12:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
******
20,042 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
I prefer water with my meals myself.

Nah, beer for everything.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#22 Sep 27 2012 at 3:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Guenny wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Are we really gullible enough to fool ourselves
Most people are. Especially the ones that order everything off a menu and a diet drink.
I can't speak for everyone else who you see ordering, but I order diet pop because I'm diabetic and one glass of normal pop will do more damage to me than eating 3 entrees off of any menu.


Ah, eating at a fast food restaurant, ordering a diet soda, AND being a diabetic - the trifecta. Are you sure you haven't slipped south of the border?
You're the one who threw in Fast Food there.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#23 Sep 27 2012 at 5:49 AM Rating: Good
******
21,718 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Guenny wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Are we really gullible enough to fool ourselves
Most people are. Especially the ones that order everything off a menu and a diet drink.
I can't speak for everyone else who you see ordering, but I order diet pop because I'm diabetic and one glass of normal pop will do more damage to me than eating 3 entrees off of any menu.


Ah, eating at a fast food restaurant, ordering a diet soda, AND being a diabetic - the trifecta. Are you sure you haven't slipped south of the border?
You're the one who threw in Fast Food there.

Without it, she couldn't make her trifecta claim. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#24 Sep 27 2012 at 6:25 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
Just curious, how do people define 'fast food'?

Clearly McDonald's, BK and Wendy's fit the bill. How about Panera Bread? Five Guys? Dominoes? Starbucks?

What are the criteria?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#25 Sep 27 2012 at 6:37 AM Rating: Good
******
21,718 posts
Elinda wrote:
Just curious, how do people define 'fast food'?

Clearly McDonald's, BK and Wendy's fit the bill. How about Panera Bread? Five Guys? Dominoes? Starbucks?

What are the criteria?


If the menu is on a wall...
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#26 Sep 27 2012 at 6:41 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Just curious, how do people define 'fast food'?

Clearly McDonald's, BK and Wendy's fit the bill. How about Panera Bread? Five Guys? Dominoes? Starbucks?

What are the criteria?


If the menu is on a wall...
Or on a big lit-up board in the drive-through. Smiley: clown
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#27 Sep 27 2012 at 6:47 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Elinda wrote:
Or on a big lit-up board in the drive-through. Smiley: clown


Well if you have a drive through at all, you're probably not making food from scratch.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#28 Sep 27 2012 at 6:52 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,903 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
not making food from scratch.
That's the big one for me.
#29 Sep 27 2012 at 6:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
not making food from scratch.
That's the big one for me.

I assume any number of sit down, menu-at-the-table chain restaurants make ample use of pre-prepared frozen menu items.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#30 Sep 27 2012 at 7:05 AM Rating: Good
******
21,718 posts
I expect certain sauces or complex recipes (e.g. soups, pies) to be premade to preserve consistency across locations, but really, if you're offering mashed potatoes as a side item, I should be able to taste chunks of mashed potato in my mashed potatoes.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#31 Sep 27 2012 at 7:13 AM Rating: Good
******
44,501 posts
Elinda wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Just curious, how do people define 'fast food'?

Clearly McDonald's, BK and Wendy's fit the bill. How about Panera Bread? Five Guys? Dominoes? Starbucks?

What are the criteria?
If the menu is on a wall...
Or on a big lit-up board in the drive-through. Smiley: clown
Also anywhere that has the food out on display, discounting all-you-can-eat places that are their own issues.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#32 Sep 27 2012 at 7:15 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
I expect certain sauces or complex recipes (e.g. soups, pies) to be premade to preserve consistency across locations, but really, if you're offering mashed potatoes as a side item, I should be able to taste chunks of mashed potato in my mashed potatoes.

The Olive Gardens various pasta dishes come to the stores in premeasured frozen plastic pouches...or so I've heard.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#33 Sep 27 2012 at 7:21 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
I expect certain sauces or complex recipes (e.g. soups, pies) to be premade to preserve consistency across locations, but really, if you're offering mashed potatoes as a side item, I should be able to taste chunks of mashed potato in my mashed potatoes.

The first time I sent my kids off to overnight summer camp they were served up dehydrated mashed potatoes. My son called home in tears pleading with us to not make him eat them.

My husband is king of mashed potatoes. My kids had never had the fake ones.

On the other hand, as a kid, I ate Potato Bud fake mashed potatoes all the time. I liked them and they were easy to make.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#34 Sep 27 2012 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,903 posts
Jophiel wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
not making food from scratch.
That's the big one for me.

I assume any number of sit down, menu-at-the-table chain restaurants make ample use of pre-prepared frozen menu items.
There's a certain point where you're not really a restaurant and thus I can only term you fast food. I'm willing to accept that a few things may come powdered or even frozen, but the bulk of the menu needs to be more or less from scratch.

Also, if the gravy comes in a can, you're serving fast food.
#35 Sep 27 2012 at 8:53 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Wizard's first rule.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#36 Sep 27 2012 at 9:12 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,540 posts
Yeah, I think the "menu on the wall" is a good measure. Even if you see them assemble it, like a Subway, it's still fast food.

Actually, Subway is probably the only fast food chain that offers stuff that is acceptable for most diets. They bake their own bread in the store, but the dough comes on a truck already formed into a log, so even they don't get the made from scratch cred. They just don't add a ton of extra oil and sugar into their ingredient spread unless you tell them to add it manually.

For me, the point at which is ceases to be fast food is when I have to sit down at the table, open the menu, tell a waitress what I want, and wait 20-30 minutes for the chef to get it assembled.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#37 Sep 27 2012 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
catwho wrote:


For me, the point at which is ceases to be fast food is when I have to sit down at the table, open the menu, tell a waitress what I want, and wait 20-30 minutes for the chef to get it assembled.
In which case there should be a distinction made between 'fast food' and junk food.

I can grab a sandwich at my local bagel shop as quickly as I can a burger from wendy's across the street. My sandwich will be relatively free of preservatives and trans fats (and SUPER tasty).


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#38 Sep 27 2012 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,540 posts
Elinda wrote:
catwho wrote:


For me, the point at which is ceases to be fast food is when I have to sit down at the table, open the menu, tell a waitress what I want, and wait 20-30 minutes for the chef to get it assembled.
In which case there should be a distinction made between 'fast food' and junk food.

I can grab a sandwich at my local bagel shop as quickly as I can a burger from wendy's across the street. My sandwich will be relatively free of preservatives and trans fats (and SUPER tasty).


Also probably twice as expensive.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#39 Sep 27 2012 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,614 posts
catwho wrote:
Yeah, I think the "menu on the wall" is a good measure. Even if you see them assemble it, like a Subway, it's still fast food.


Eh, I know of a few high end sushi restaurants that write the menu on the wall every day, which I do not consider fast food. Especially the four star places. Also get the benefit of watching them assemble it, if you sit at the bar.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#40 Sep 27 2012 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
******
44,501 posts
I'd say there's a big difference between writing it daily versus the plastic-there-everyday-rarely-changing menu that is being discussed here.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#41 Sep 27 2012 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,614 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I'd say there's a big difference between writing it daily versus the plastic-there-everyday-rarely-changing menu that is being discussed here.

Menu on the wall is menu on the wall, is all I am saying. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#42 Sep 27 2012 at 10:31 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
catwho wrote:
Elinda wrote:
catwho wrote:


For me, the point at which is ceases to be fast food is when I have to sit down at the table, open the menu, tell a waitress what I want, and wait 20-30 minutes for the chef to get it assembled.
In which case there should be a distinction made between 'fast food' and junk food.

I can grab a sandwich at my local bagel shop as quickly as I can a burger from wendy's across the street. My sandwich will be relatively free of preservatives and trans fats (and SUPER tasty).


Also probably twice as expensive.


I don't eat at many fast food joints much anymore, but I had noticed that it's getting to the point that they really aren't any cheaper than the better one-off places. That's relative to the amount of food you get, of course; you can always order off the dollar menu, but you're not getting much bang for your buck.

Combo meals in most fast food restaurants seem to range from $7-$10 now. For that price you can get a big, quality meal at a nicer place, even here in NYC.

Edited, Sep 27th 2012 12:32pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#43 Sep 27 2012 at 10:33 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Combo meals in most fast food restaurants seem to range from $7-$10 now. For that price you can get a big, quality meal at a nicer place, even here in NYC.


And sadly, I can get a full (overstuffed) plate of Chinese for $5 still. Wish the stuff was healthier.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#44 Sep 27 2012 at 10:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I'd say there's a big difference between writing it daily versus the plastic-there-everyday-rarely-changing menu that is being discussed here.
Menu on the wall is menu on the wall, is all I am saying. Smiley: lol

Fast food is like ****. I can't define it, but I know it when I see it.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#45 Sep 27 2012 at 10:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
The husband and I went to Olive Garden for lunch the other day. We got the unlimited soup and salad. Two of those and drinks ran us 20 bucks. We probably would have paid more for two combo lunches at a fast food place. Especially Arby's.
#46 Sep 27 2012 at 10:43 AM Rating: Default
Lunatic
******
29,564 posts

All babies look like the Michelin Tire Man.


I guess the uncool non photogenic ones do?

I wouldn't know.

Edited, Sep 27th 2012 12:45pm by Smasharoo
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#47 Sep 27 2012 at 10:48 AM Rating: Good
******
44,501 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Fast food is like ****. I can't define it, but I know it when I see it.
Sometimes it is quite tricky.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#48 Sep 27 2012 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,071 posts
L
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I'd say there's a big difference between writing it daily versus the plastic-there-everyday-rarely-changing menu that is being discussed here.

Menu on the wall is menu on the wall, is all I am saying. Smiley: lol


I can see the writing on the wall for this theory.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#49 Sep 27 2012 at 11:23 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Looks shopped.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#50 Sep 27 2012 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Debalic wrote:
Sir Xsarus wrote:
I prefer water with my meals myself.

Nah, beer for everything.
I like a side of beer with my beer. /thisiswhyimfat
____________________________
Banh
#51 Sep 27 2012 at 12:18 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Guenny wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Are we really gullible enough to fool ourselves
Most people are. Especially the ones that order everything off a menu and a diet drink.
I can't speak for everyone else who you see ordering, but I order diet pop because I'm diabetic and one glass of normal pop will do more damage to me than eating 3 entrees off of any menu.


Ah, eating at a fast food restaurant, ordering a diet soda, AND being a diabetic - the trifecta. Are you sure you haven't slipped south of the border?
You're the one who threw in Fast Food there.



I apologize, I didn't realize that it was even considered that people would order multiple entree sized portions at a sit-down restaurant.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 29 All times are in CST
Almalieque, TherealLogros, Anonymous Guests (27)