Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

# RomneyShamblesFollow

#52 Jul 30 2012 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,594 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
I'm an Anglophile myself, but the Mr. Bean and James Bond segments were the only thing I really enjoyed out of that whole ceremony. Also, apparently the US didn't get to see the 7/7 tribute segment. We didn't miss much, to be honest.


Ah, I was wondering where that Phelps interview came from. Stupid decision to cut that segment...and for what, yet another interview where we ask a pothead about his ambitions?

Meh. Well, here are some Olympic-related tweets. They're a mixed bag, but there's a couple of good ones.

My favorite:

@RickMuscles: "Phelps just swam like a dude who likes weed and subway sandwiches."

Another Olympian, a Swiss soccer-player, was just booted from the games for a mean-tweet.

I've seen too much of Phelps. I won't fault him for his swimming, he has nothing to prove But, SO many excuses from the American media types. 'shew' They dont like seeing their hero fail.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#53 Jul 30 2012 at 5:07 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
34,933 posts
ThiefX wrote:
Quote:
Romney said mean things about my country. I didn't even know (or care) that he was here


And nobody but the liberals could care less that Mitt "insulted" England. (Actually most of are laughing that some of you got all bent out of shape over what he said and the attempt of the left leaning media to turn into something big)


This exactly. If you've actually heard the audio of his statements to Williams, it was not only *not* insulting, but was a pretty well thought out, polite, and diplomatic answer to the question he was asked. But then, most of those who are outraged about it have never actually heard the audio. They are reacting to all the media talking about how horribly he insulted them and assume it must be true.


I find it really funny given the crying about Obama supposedly being taken out of context.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#54 Jul 30 2012 at 5:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
4,550 posts
He's trying to prove that he can handle foreign diplomacy so the only opinions that matter are those of foreign people and the foreign people think he's a tool. Feel free to elect him so we can all point and laugh.
#55 Jul 30 2012 at 5:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
ThiefX wrote:
...
This exactly. If you've actually...

There ya go. TheifX and Gbaji agree that Romney did juuuuuuuusssst fine and only the liberals would ever say otherwise Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#56 Jul 30 2012 at 6:35 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
34,933 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
He's trying to prove that he can handle foreign diplomacy so the only opinions that matter are those of foreign people and the foreign people think he's a tool. Feel free to elect him so we can all point and laugh.


Ah... So "nutty UK media trash mags" == "foreign people" now? You're also forgetting that the issue is how people in the US view how he handle's foreign diplomacy. And most folks in the US, upon hearing of this uproar over his gaffes and then reading what he did or said, think "huh? What's wrong with that?" and pretty much come to the same "their media is nuts" conclusion I do. When you trim away the silly (referring to the backside of 10 Downing Street), the WTF is this an issue (mentioning that he met with the head of MI6 after meeting with the head of MI6), the outright absurd (let's ask him about an allegation by a reporter of an off the record comment by an unnamed staffer. Really?), and then the taken out of context and grossly misrepresented bit about the Olympics, you're left with nothing.


I can only assume that the political Left is so painfully aware of how poorly Obama has performed in his foreign policy role that they have to do everything possible to knock Romney down to his level. I'll take Romney's supposed gaffes over Obama's disastrous actual policies any day though.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#57 Jul 30 2012 at 7:21 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
And most folks in the US, upon hearing of this uproar over his gaffes and then reading what he did or said, think "huh? What's wrong with that?" and pretty much come to the same "their media is nuts" conclusion I do.

Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#58 Jul 30 2012 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Most people? Got any polls on that?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#59 Jul 30 2012 at 7:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Gbaji is the very definition of whistling past the graveyard.

I'm not saying this whole debacle will directly cost Romney votes. But the whole purpose of the visit was to burnish some sort of foreign policy credentials and Romney has fumbled his first two stops in a manner that has people from both sides of the aisle shaking their heads and saying "WTF?"

The best thing Romney can get now from Poland will be stories that boil down to "Romney somehow manages not to fuck this last stop up." No one is coming away from this thinking "Wow, this guy is ready for the international stage".
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#60 Jul 30 2012 at 7:49 PM Rating: Good
****
4,158 posts
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications), the state of the press in the US that I had the misfortune to see whilst in California last month makes the lowliest of UK media look pretty bloody good imo.

And Romney is a Mormon. 'Nuff said.
____________________________
"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders". Carlin.

#61 Jul 30 2012 at 8:11 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Romney should forget about Poland.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#62 Jul 30 2012 at 8:14 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,933 posts
Jophiel wrote:
But the whole purpose of the visit was to burnish some sort of foreign policy credentials and Romney has fumbled his first two stops in a manner that has people from both sides of the aisle shaking their heads and saying "WTF?"


That's what you've been told, so it must be true.

Quote:
The best thing Romney can get now from Poland will be stories that boil down to "Romney somehow manages not to fuck this last stop up." No one is coming away from this thinking "Wow, this guy is ready for the international stage".


Lol. Like I said. Trying waaaaaay too hard. You really really ought to step outside the MSNBC/liberal-bloger bubble sometime.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#63 Jul 30 2012 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
That's what you've been told, so it must be true.

You mean I've read stuff from people on both sides saying "WTF?" so it must be true when I say that people on both sides are saying "WTF"?

Well... yeah. I didn't expect you to agree with me so readily but... thanks?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#64 Jul 30 2012 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
is Happy on Friday!
Avatar
*****
12,446 posts
So not only has he managed to **** off the brits, one of our strongest allies in the world, according to one of those "nutty UK media trash mags," he's also managed to essentially promise to support Israel going to war with iran if he wins, and understandably, **** off the Palestinians in the process. (And apparently, the Mexicans as well, but I include Mexico with Canada in "Countries whose opinion doesn't matter, but are fun to listen to because they have funny accents" I don't actually do that) Can't wait to see how you try to justify Romney trying to fix our economy by having us go to war with a third country, gbaji. I don't expect anything from ThiefX aside from rabid sensationalism, but at least you manage to be coherent and somewhat civil Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jul 30th 2012 11:30pm by Jinte
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server, FFXI [Retired]
Amerida Baker, Balmung Server, FFXIV
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#65 Jul 31 2012 at 12:56 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,158 posts
Lady Jinte wrote:
So not only has he managed to **** off the brits, one of our strongest allies in the world, according to one of those "nutty UK media trash mags," he's also managed to essentially promise to support Israel going to war with iran if he wins, and understandably, **** off the Palestinians in the process. (And apparently, the Mexicans as well, but I include Mexico with Canada in "Countries whose opinion doesn't matter, but are fun to listen to because they have funny accents" I don't actually do that) Can't wait to see how you try to justify Romney trying to fix our economy by having us go to war with a third country, gbaji. I don't expect anything from ThiefX aside from rabid sensationalism, but at least you manage to be coherent and somewhat civil Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jul 30th 2012 11:30pm by Jinte


War is good for the economy don't you know?

And surely by now you must have realised that the Palestinians, down to the very last man, woman and malnourished child, are all terrorists and as such are the sole authors of their own misfortune....

Really! In the 10 months I've been away, the level of edumacated posting has declined somewhat dramatically.Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders". Carlin.

#66 Jul 31 2012 at 5:44 AM Rating: Decent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I'm going to qualify that a bit.

A just war is good for the economy.

WWII was a just war. The US was not the aggressors, and when we got punked by Japan, the USians were righteously ****** for good reasons. When the whole of the country is enthused about a war and is willing to sacrifice for the good of the military, the economy can be robust afterward.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#67 Jul 31 2012 at 9:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Mittens whines some more about the mean ole media in regards to his overseas fiasco of a trip.
Quote:
And I realize that there will be some in the Fourth Estate, or whichever estate, who are far more interested in finding something to write about that is unrelated to the economy, to geopolitics, to the threat of war, to the reality of conflict in Afghanistan today, to a nuclearization of Iran. They'll instead try and find anything else to divert from the fact that these last four years have been tough years for our country.

"Guuuuyyyyss!! Why aren't you talking about the domestic economy when you're covering my foreign policy trip?!?! Why don't you talk about Afghanistan when I'm embarrassing the nation before the Olympics!?!? SO UNFAIR!!!"

Maybe he should jump up and down and demand apologizes from them all Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#68 Jul 31 2012 at 9:18 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Maybe he should jump up and down and demand apologizes from them all Smiley: laugh
I would watch that.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#69 Jul 31 2012 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
catwho wrote:
The US was not the aggressors, and when we got punked by Japan, the USians were righteously ****** for good reasons. When the whole of the country is enthused about a war and is willing to sacrifice for the good of the military, the economy can be robust afterward.


Assuming you get to bomb the other guy's factories, and they don't bomb yours of course.

His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Maybe he should jump up and down and demand apologizes from them all Smiley: laugh
I would watch that.


Me too.

Smiley: popcorn
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#70 Jul 31 2012 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
paulsol wrote:
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications),

Unfortunately the majority of the UK read shit like "The Sun", which is more or less printed Fox News. Very sad.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#71 Jul 31 2012 at 9:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,278 posts
Nilatai wrote:
paulsol wrote:
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications),

Unfortunately the majority of the UK read shit like "The Sun", which is more or less printed Fox News. Very sad.


It's not a coincidence, 'The Sun" is part of Rupert Murdock's media empire.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#72 Jul 31 2012 at 9:57 AM Rating: Default
is Happy on Friday!
Avatar
*****
12,446 posts
paulsol wrote:
Lady Jinte wrote:
So not only has he managed to **** off the brits, one of our strongest allies in the world, according to one of those "nutty UK media trash mags," he's also managed to essentially promise to support Israel going to war with iran if he wins, and understandably, **** off the Palestinians in the process. (And apparently, the Mexicans as well, but I include Mexico with Canada in "Countries whose opinion doesn't matter, but are fun to listen to because they have funny accents" I don't actually do that) Can't wait to see how you try to justify Romney trying to fix our economy by having us go to war with a third country, gbaji. I don't expect anything from ThiefX aside from rabid sensationalism, but at least you manage to be coherent and somewhat civil Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jul 30th 2012 11:30pm by Jinte


War is good for the economy don't you know?

And surely by now you must have realised that the Palestinians, down to the very last man, woman and malnourished child, are all terrorists and as such are the sole authors of their own misfortune....

Really! In the 10 months I've been away, the level of edumacated posting has declined somewhat dramatically.Smiley: oyvey

Just going to further qualify what catwho said. One just war, that the citizens support, is good for the economy. A third controversial war that (I would assume, based on the fact that during the last election, McCain's "Bomb Iran" sentiment cost him a fair number of votes) a fair majority (read: any educated individual not of the deep war-hawk nature and/or not an uneducated redneck who just thinks we should bomb the whole middle east and be done with it) are either uneasy about the idea of another simultaneous war, undecided about how well we could pull it off, given the job we've been doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, or entirely against it, though I'm also not arrogant enough to say that I speak for most people, is not good for the economy. There's absolutely no way it will have the backing of the majority populace, no matter how romney sugar coats it, because while people are stupid, they're not as stupid as most politicians think. Besides, of the three, do we really want to go to war with a country that both hates us and has been ******* with nuclear energy for years now? Even if we don't think they've weaponized it, if we were openly aggressive, I doubt it would take them long to get something together...
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server, FFXI [Retired]
Amerida Baker, Balmung Server, FFXIV
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#73 Jul 31 2012 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
paulsol wrote:
I just got back from the UK, and tho' the quality of newsrag there is prettty lamentable (excepting a couple of notable publications),

Unfortunately the majority of the UK read shit like "The Sun", which is more or less printed Fox News. Very sad.


It's not a coincidence, 'The Sun" is part of Rupert Murdock's media empire.

Precisely. I think he owns a few of the other Tabloids too. It's funny, the Sun used to be a very Labour paper. Suddenly switched allegiances to the Tories after Newcorp bought them.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#74 Jul 31 2012 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,580 posts
To simplify what others have said

War, just or unjust, is good for the economy.
Occupation is bad for the economy.
____________________________
"What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.............or cripple you for life." - Accari
#75 Jul 31 2012 at 11:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Jimpadan wrote:
Occupation Having Mexican, Palestinian or Ecuadorian culture is bad for the economy.

____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#76 Jul 31 2012 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Jimpadan wrote:
Occupation Having Mexican, Palestinian or Ecuadorian culture is bad for the economy.



You mean, your superior culture is why your economy is better than the other guys.

Get it right! Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 88 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (88)