Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Extended Holiday WeekendFollow

#1 Jul 06 2012 at 7:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,522 posts
It's Friday...Smiley: clap

Like most peeps in the US I had Wednesday off from work. We went to a family shin-dig which included our very own fireworks show. Knowing I'd be getting home late, I took yesterday off as well. Today I'm working, but thus far have not been very successful in getting much done.

In a town near me, LL Bean is celebrating it's 100 year anniversary as a sporting goods retailer. Tomorrow they're having a day-long street party that concludes with an outdoor concert by Chris Isaak followed by what is supposed to be the largest fire works show in the state. I guess I've committed myself to go spend the day/evening there. I'm not really looking forward to the crowds so have given myself a task to keep me focused. I've decided I'm going to search out and sample every ice cream stand in downtown Freeport. I figure there must be at least a half dozen this time of year.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#2 Jul 06 2012 at 8:03 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,790 posts
I'm kind of sad because I have to give my dog up to the pound tomorrow. My 3 yr old son has asthma and we found out he's allergic to the dog, so "pup-pup" has to go. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anybody to take him. Thankfully, the shelter I got him from 5 years ago is a no-kill shelter. I just hope they can find a good home for him.

Other than that, I plan on doing a lot of nothing. Between the shoulder pain I mentioned in another thread and just general fatigue due to the heat, I want to get a whole lot of rest in this weekend.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#3 Jul 06 2012 at 8:08 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,151 posts
I didn't have the week off, though my office was closed for business. Had to prepare for annual training, and immediately following that I get to go to a school for a week so had to get everything involved with both events planned and settled.

Pool gets installed early Saturday, so we'll probably play with that the whole weekend. Which is good, because Saturday is supposed to be hot as hell so it'll be perfect. Sunday is supposed to be rainy and since it's indoor it'll be more excuse.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4 Jul 06 2012 at 8:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Quote:
sample every ice cream stand in downtown Freeport

loleverquestjoke

It's supposed to be 102F today and only slightly cooler this weekend. So I guess we'll be enjoying the miracle of air conditioning and each other's company.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#5 Jul 06 2012 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Pass this year of University, so celebrating that mostly.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#6 Jul 06 2012 at 9:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,277 posts
No plans this weekend. I'm working (yay!) and since we're still in financial recovery mode, we need to keep the spending to a minimum. So when we're not at work, we just hang around the house.

And now it's only one more week until we get our new place. Smiley: yippee
#7 Jul 06 2012 at 9:51 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
5 AM rise for a dressage show in 98° heat. The things I do for love... Smiley: frown
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#8 Jul 06 2012 at 10:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Mitt appreciates your adoration.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#9 Jul 06 2012 at 11:24 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,522 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
5 AM rise for a dressage show in 98° heat. The things I do for love... Smiley: frown
The horse must love her more.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#10 Jul 06 2012 at 11:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,692 posts
Finishing off the post processing of photos from last weekend's festival tonight so they can go up this weekend. It's a lot of fun to do but I'll be glad to be done with photoshop tonight, I've seen too much of it over the past week.

Tomorrow is for doing some jobs around the house. Cleaning, laundry etc.

Sunday will be at least partially spent at the sauna, I need that relaxation after this week.

Monday will be spent in Amsterdam trading beer (Yay KBS and Three Floyds beers! <3), drinking beer and talking about beer.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, I'll also be blasting Honningbarna from my speakers all weekend since the CD I ordered came in yesterday. Smiley: inlove


Edited, Jul 6th 2012 7:44pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#11 Jul 06 2012 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,522 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Finishing off the post processing of photos from last weekend's festival tonight so they can go up this weekend. It's a lot of fun to do but I'll be glad to be done with photoshop tonight, I've seen too much of it over the past week.

Processing/editing has gotten to be my daughter's bane of photography. She processes photo's part time for two other photographers as well as her own pics.

It's easy to take lots of photos, but then...........

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#12 Jul 06 2012 at 1:06 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,074 posts
Final exam due at midnight tonight, then a whole 4 day intercession until Progamming Hell II starts on Tuesday.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#13 Jul 06 2012 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,692 posts
Elinda wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Finishing off the post processing of photos from last weekend's festival tonight so they can go up this weekend. It's a lot of fun to do but I'll be glad to be done with photoshop tonight, I've seen too much of it over the past week.

Processing/editing has gotten to be my daughter's bane of photography. She processes photo's part time for two other photographers as well as her own pics.

It's easy to take lots of photos, but then...........
If she's not yet using it, tell her to check out Guy Gowan's website. I'm using his actions, they weren't cheap but it saves me 10-15 minutes per photo, it's ridiculous.
The only manual things I do are RAW converter stuff and quickly tweaking from the set of Guy Gowan actions. Everything else is automated which makes it a whole lot faster but it's also even more boring. On the other hand, I'm doing this one handed with a beer in the other hand so that helps.

Sadly, I can't drink beer while I'm at work and I've had to do the photoshopping for a wedding there, a wedding where the photographers were kinda sloppy so I've had to do way more work fixing sh*t. Should've just shot the wedding myself but I hate them... I'd much rather shoot a funeral than a wedding.

Edited, Jul 6th 2012 9:26pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14 Jul 06 2012 at 1:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,805 posts
I took the helicopters out for a spin yesterday, and unfortunatly someone decided to move a tree right where I didn't want it, right when a wind gust took the small Walkera 4G6S for an unexpected ride. It's probably fixable, but its the worst crash i've ever personally gone through. Tail boom snapped, Main rotor destroyed itself, frame is cracked, etc. At least I like building them, and spare parts are cheap. All the expensive shiny parts are still intact though, I think. especially the core rotor block which is very hard to find.

So, other than replacing parts, i'll likely work on the mill and the garden.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#15 Jul 06 2012 at 1:41 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,522 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
I took the helicopters out for a spin yesterday, and unfortunatly someone decided to move a tree right where I didn't want it, right when a wind gust took the small Walkera 4G6S for an unexpected ride. It's probably fixable, but its the worst crash i've ever personally gone through. Tail boom snapped, Main rotor destroyed itself, frame is cracked, etc. At least I like building them, and spare parts are cheap. All the expensive shiny parts are still intact though, I think. especially the core rotor block which is very hard to find.

The important thing is no one was hurt.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#16 Jul 06 2012 at 1:43 PM Rating: Good
******
43,151 posts
I'm sure that traumatized family of squirrels he was aiming at weren't too happy about it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#17 Jul 06 2012 at 5:14 PM Rating: Good
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,446 posts
School starts for not one, but TWO of my kids on Monday (squeeeeeeeeee!!!) it will be the first time in 5.5 years that I will not be outnumbered by my spawnlings. Have I mentioned how much I love year round school?

That, and the fact we're still dealing with triple digit temps means we'll have a quiet weekend as we get the boys back to school bedtime routines.
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the ass on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.

Suburban Rebel Mom Blog
#18 Jul 06 2012 at 8:02 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,831 posts
I guess I'll be spending the weekend trying to coax enough cool water out of the hose in the yard to battle the oppressive heat that's moving in.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#19 Jul 06 2012 at 8:18 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,030 posts
I gave myself a minivacation this week. I've been off since Wednesday, mostly just catching up on my gaming and reading. It's been annoyingly hot the last couple days so I've been doing what I can to avoid heatstroke. I did see the new Spiderman movie, it was actually pretty good.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 63 All times are in CDT