Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Reply To Thread

Education - Public vs PrivateFollow

#352 Feb 28 2012 at 10:37 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,912 posts
Belkira wrote:
I worked at Sonic my entire high school career, and part of my college career. Never did a route 44 button at the fountain fill a small cup. Nor did the "large" button. And the "small" button did not come close to filling a large cup.


As I stated, I can't say for other stores. I don't deny it might have only been my store, because my store manager did anything to save a penny, even if it meant screwing you over.

Belkira wrote:

Also: most fast food places (where you can actually eat inside) have you fill your own cup with ice and soda, so it's not like this discussion is even relevant....


Yes, hence why I stated that the Coke itself isn't the same Coke you buy from the store.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#353 Feb 28 2012 at 10:45 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,912 posts
Jophiel wrote:
The same percentage of ice is used per cup. Unless your argument is that they pack tons of ice into a large cup and no ice into a small cup which would be patently stupid.


It's not the same percentage of ice because it isn't measured. People like me filled the remainder of the cup with Coke, others will fill it up with ice, because it's easier and quicker.


Jophie wrote:
Did you or did you not fill cups by putting in the soda first and then dumping ice in afterward into the soda?


I've already stated.. Ice, Coke (generic term) then Ice was the norm. If you under gauge the amount of ice, then you either add more ice or add more drink. If you gauged it right, then you just put on the lid.

It's not that hard to add ice without splashing the drink. You just can't throw it in and unless the cup is filled (which you wouldn't need any ice), then it wont overflow.




____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#354 Feb 28 2012 at 10:52 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,912 posts
The overall point was that restaurants use a different version of Coke for refills to save money. When people go through the drive through, the amount of ice placed in your cup is a filler that saves some more pennies for the business.

Stop accusing me of trying to deny science. Unless you object to those statements above, then we agree.

BrownDuck wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Why on earth would anyone spend any effort maximizing the soda/water ratio in the cup when they're letting their customers have as many refills as they want anyway?


You're assuming that a majority of fast food customers actually go inside the restaurant.


During "peak" times, it's usually quicker just to go inside, but many people will go through the Drive-thru.

____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#355 Feb 29 2012 at 12:46 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,517 posts
Oh god, a page of nothing but alma posts. Did I die and go to hell?
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#356 Feb 29 2012 at 6:52 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
No, you're just in =4. I can see how you become confused.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#357 Feb 29 2012 at 7:08 PM Rating: Excellent
whenever I start reading alma posts I know it's time to book my next trip.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#358 Feb 29 2012 at 7:16 PM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Restaurant or grocery store: Coke's nasty either way.
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#359 Feb 29 2012 at 7:17 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,669 posts
You shut your dirty southern pie hole!
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#360 Feb 29 2012 at 7:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Sir Xsarus wrote:
whenever I start reading alma posts I know it's time to book my next trip.

To the US to buy video games?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#361 Feb 29 2012 at 7:21 PM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
You shut your dirty southern pie hole!
We are the land that calls Pepsi "Coke." (But we're very offended if you serve it in lieu of the real deal)

Believe me, I've just committed heresy.

Edited, Feb 29th 2012 7:21pm by Sweetums
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#362 Feb 29 2012 at 7:28 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,158 posts
I tried mixing Pepsi with rum, once, and it just frothed up in this digusting foam that wouldn't go away.

It wasn't the best.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 48 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Poldaran, TirithRR, Anonymous Guests (45)