Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Indiana cuts off Planned ParenthoodFollow

#202 May 15 2011 at 8:58 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Almalieque wrote:
In other words, PP found a "loophole" for the government to help assist providing abortions and the GOP doesn't like it. PP isn't budging because that defeats the entire purpose of the "loophole", but argues that they are for women's health.
I thought it had already been stated that PP doesn't use government funds for abortions? If by "assist(ing in) providing abortions" you mean "only 3% of the services PP provide are abortion and they happen to be in the same building", then yeah, you have a point.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#203 May 15 2011 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,098 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
In other words, PP found a "loophole" for the government to help assist providing abortions and the GOP doesn't like it. PP isn't budging because that defeats the entire purpose of the "loophole", but argues that they are for women's health.


I thought it had already been stated that PP doesn't use government funds for abortions? If by "assist(ing in) providing abortions" you mean "only 3% of the services PP provide are abortion and they happen to be in the same building", then yeah, you have a point.


Facts have never stood in the way of Alma, Varus, Gbaji, or any other token conservative on this board from blasting something they disagree with.

Alma will just keep repeating the funding abortions with taxpayer money point until everyone gets tired enough to stop posting in this thread. And then it'll move on to the next thread even remotely related to abortion, abstinence only education, budget balancing, or any other social hot topic that can be derailed to include funding planned parenthood.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#204 May 15 2011 at 9:28 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
Jophiel wrote:
So if PP didn't offer abortion services but did offer breast implants, you're under the impression that you'd be seeing the same response from the GOP?
That's different. Giving bigger ******* to soldiers makes it easier to aim an M4 and might protect her from a bullet, whereas that abortion will make it easier for that mother to be a crack snorting *****.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO PUT OUR SOLDIERS AT THAT KIND OF RISK, JOPH?!

Edited, May 15th 2011 11:29am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#205 May 15 2011 at 10:29 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
In other words, PP found a "loophole" for the government to help assist providing abortions and the GOP doesn't like it. PP isn't budging because that defeats the entire purpose of the "loophole", but argues that they are for women's health.
I thought it had already been stated that PP doesn't use government funds for abortions? If by "assist(ing in) providing abortions" you mean "only 3% of the services PP provide are abortion and they happen to be in the same building", then yeah, you have a point.


Yes, by assist, I mean by being in the same building, else it wouldn't be a "loop hole", now would it? That's the thing, if it's only 3% of the services of PP, why are they willing to forfeit the other 97% just to keep a service that no one even uses?

Tirith wrote:
Facts have never stood in the way of Alma, Varus, Gbaji, or any other token conservative on this board from blasting something they disagree with.

Alma will just keep repeating the funding abortions with taxpayer money point until everyone gets tired enough to stop posting in this thread. And then it'll move on to the next thread even remotely related to abortion, abstinence only education, budget balancing, or any other social hot topic that can be derailed to include funding planned parenthood.


Well, some of us actually read posts before posting, so I assure you that your accusation won't happen. You should try reading, it's fundamental. Plus, you look less stupid.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#206 May 15 2011 at 10:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
I can't speak exactly for the GOP, but it appears that they are basically against anything that the government assists for the unfortunate. So, it might not be to the same degree...

Exactly. No, they wouldn't be having the same response.

Quote:
It's not a valid debating point

I know.

Quote:
No real business person...

Except that Planned Parenthood isn't a business, it's a non-profit organization. They're in the "business" of promoting and assisting women's reproductive health. The moronic argument is that if they don't give up one aspect of it, despite following all the rules and being held to a ridiculous standard not demanded of other non-profits, then it somehow proves that they weren't serious because they didn't get down and beg during the little GOP witch hunt.

Quote:
In other words, PP found a "loophole" for the government to help assist providing abortions and the GOP doesn't like it.

There is no loophole. PP is complying with the existing rules and regulations designed to prevent such a loophole. The GOP is pretending that there is one as a pretense of forcing a social agenda and then getting tools like you to say "But if PP doesn't just acquiesce to any GOP demands, it just proves how right the GOP was!"
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#207 May 15 2011 at 10:49 AM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
...breast implants is something we could definitely cut out.


I see what you did there.
#208 May 15 2011 at 10:52 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
In other words, PP found a "loophole" for the government to help assist providing abortions and the GOP doesn't like it. PP isn't budging because that defeats the entire purpose of the "loophole", but argues that they are for women's health.
I thought it had already been stated that PP doesn't use government funds for abortions? If by "assist(ing in) providing abortions" you mean "only 3% of the services PP provide are abortion and they happen to be in the same building", then yeah, you have a point.


Yes, by assist, I mean by being in the same building, else it wouldn't be a "loop hole", now would it? That's the thing, if it's only 3% of the services of PP, why are they willing to forfeit the other 97% just to keep a service that no one even uses?
First of all 3% = 0% now?

Second, it's not a "loop hole", at all. At all, at all. They're not using government money to fund abortion, at all. How is it a f*cking loop hole?

Third, they're not "willing to forfeit" anything. Why are you willing to pull their funding over, and I quote you here, "a service no one uses"?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#209 May 15 2011 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
39 posts
MoebiusLord wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Driftwood wrote:
Quote:
cancer screening
Why cut cancer screening? That's just terrible.
Hey, if you ask Republicans, that's an elective service.

Are you suggesting that it's not or are you in agreement with them but lack the testicular fortitude to put forth the position?

If the latter, go figure, but if the former, do you know what elective means? No one is suggesting cancer screening is not important, but there is no reasonable argument that can be made to effectively cast is as not elective.


Treating cancer before it can metastasize and spread through the body is more cost effective and will give higher survivability odds than waiting for the cancer symptoms to become virulent enough to send the person to the ER. Regular cancer screening is a preventative measure to the proliferation of cancer.

But it costs the state money, so I guess that saving lives and citizens money is moot.

Tool.

Edited, May 15th 2011 1:22pm by decayed
#210Almalieque, Posted: May 15 2011 at 11:43 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) 1. Of course not, but if you're about "Women's Health", then you're not going to forfeit 97% of women's health for abortion. You wouldn't do that for breast implants, botax or any other form of cosmetic surgery.
#211 May 15 2011 at 11:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
And once again, Alma doesn't get it. I'm truly shocked.
#212 May 15 2011 at 11:59 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
Nadenu wrote:
And once again, Alma doesn't get it. I'm truly shocked.


Care to explain?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#213 May 15 2011 at 12:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
If you're really concerned about the presence of the loophole, the proper avenue is to modify the law to remove said loophole. Attempting to strong-arm Planned Parenthood into giving up abortions, even though it acts completely within the law, is not the way to go.
#214 May 15 2011 at 12:04 PM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
And once again, Alma doesn't get it. I'm truly shocked.


Care to explain?


I think the point is that PP is working completely within the law, and you are suggesting that they need to "prove their innocence" in order to continue working well within the law. Not only is it silly to expect anyone to prove their innocence in our country, since we have the whole innocent until proven guilty thing going on, but you're saying that PP is acting immaturely by sticking to their guns and providing a legal service, and implying that the GOP is acting maturely by suggesting they stop all legal actions.

To me, this is entirely backwards.
#215 May 15 2011 at 1:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
Which is the loop hole.

Ummm... the "loophole" actually has to BE something. If the audits, etc show that money isn't going towards abortion services then there is no "loophole".

Again, I find it absolutely ridiculous to say that if an organization doesn't let itself get blackmailed then it's the organizations fault for not being "serious" but, since that's the horse you insist on going with, there ain't much more I can add.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#216 May 15 2011 at 1:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
Alma, you should give up 3% of your income to prove you aren't using it to buy illegal drugs. If you're really not buying illegal drugs, then you won't mind giving up this small 3% so that you can keep doing the other 97%. After all, you wouldn't say your focus is on buying illegal drugs, right?
#217 May 15 2011 at 4:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Almalieque wrote:

I can't speak exactly for the GOP, but it appears that they are basically against anything that the government assists for the unfortunate.


Despite the incredibly poor grammar here, I agree with this assesment of the GOP.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#218Almalieque, Posted: May 15 2011 at 5:04 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) From my understanding, the PP lost funding basically because the GOP didn't want abortion involved in any way shape or form, even though it was done legally within the stated rules and regulations. While I don't disagree with the complaints of douchebaggery, to allow PP to lose all funding over a service that only makes up 3% of your total services is pretty stupid. Just drop the service to keep the funding and continue to fight for the service in order to bring it back. If everything is legitimate as you state it is, then you shouldn't have any problem winning that fight.
#219 May 15 2011 at 5:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
From my understanding, the PP lost funding basically because the GOP didn't want abortion involved in any way shape or form, even though it was done legally within the stated rules and regulations. While I don't disagree with the complaints of douchebaggery, to allow PP to lose all funding over a service that only makes up 3% of your total services is pretty stupid. Just drop the service to keep the funding and continue to fight for the service in order to bring it back.

So let themselves be blackmailed and extorted or else they "weren't really serious". Damned if you do, damned if you don't, huh?

Quote:
In that case, yes I would give up that service immediately with no second thoughts to keep the governmental funding

Well, your opinion is to always take the easy way out, I guess.

Edited, May 15th 2011 6:06pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#220 May 15 2011 at 5:10 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
From my understanding, the PP lost funding basically because the GOP didn't want abortion involved in any way shape or form, even though it was done legally within the stated rules and regulations. While I don't disagree with the complaints of douchebaggery, to allow PP to lose all funding over a service that only makes up 3% of your total services is pretty stupid. Just drop the service to keep the funding and continue to fight for the service in order to bring it back.

So let themselves be blackmailed and extorted or else they "weren't really serious". Damned if you do, damned if you don't, huh?

Quote:
In that case, yes I would give up that service immediately with no second thoughts to keep the governmental funding

Well, your opinion is to always take the easy way out, I guess.

Edited, May 15th 2011 6:06pm by Jophiel


You're creating a scenario that doesn't exist. The only thing they care about is abortion. If abortion or your pride is worth more than the other 97% of the services that they are providing, then just say so. Don't pretend that you're in some catch-22, because you're not.

Edit: There's a saying "Think smart not hard".. That's not the "easy way", it's the smart way. I said to continue to fight to have abortions there, but do it while maintaining your governmental funds. Why do it with no funds if you can do it with funds? The amount of fighting is still the same in both scenarios.

Edited, May 16th 2011 1:12am by Almalieque
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#221 May 15 2011 at 5:13 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
Almalieque wrote:
To come off as an organization to help all women and succumb to pride because you are making a pseudo symbolic argument of your own personal beliefs of abortion is not only selfish, stupid and ignorant, it shows what your true colors are.
Today's life lesson: Its selfless, intelligent and educated to use extortion and blackmail to shove your personal beliefs down people's throats.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#222 May 15 2011 at 5:18 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Blame the victim!
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#223 May 15 2011 at 5:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
From my understanding, the PP lost funding basically because the GOP didn't want abortion involved in any way shape or form, even though it was done legally within the stated rules and regulations. While I don't disagree with the complaints of douchebaggery, to allow PP to lose all funding over a service that only makes up 3% of your total services is pretty stupid. Just drop the service to keep the funding and continue to fight for the service in order to bring it back. If everything is legitimate as you state it is, then you shouldn't have any problem winning that fight.

To come off as an organization to help all women and succumb to pride because you are making a pseudo symbolic argument of your own personal beliefs of abortion is not only selfish, stupid and ignorant, it shows what your true colors are.


I don't see it as "pride" so much as providing a service that is much needed, and refusing to be strong-armed by assholes with a religious bug up their collective asses. Again, it stuns me that you, or anyone, would see PP as being the stubborn, prideful, selfish, stupid, and ignorant. Abortion is a procedure included in women's health.

It really seems to me that, once again, you're letting your personal opinions on abortion get the better of you.

And before you accuse me of doing the same, I would also contend that a KKK organization shouldn't be arbitrarily punished by the government simply because they are the KKK, and that they would not have to prove to the government that they aren't burning crosses or hanging people. Once again, you're advocating punishment to Planned Parenthood when they've done nothing wrong simply because you don't like abortion.

You sweep the "douchebaggery" of the GOP aside with a blanket statement of how they're forcing the de-funding of the organization because of a procedure that only encompasses 3% of their operations, yet you're deriding and demonizing the group performing to the letter of the law as selfish??

Edited, May 15th 2011 6:20pm by Belkira
#224 May 15 2011 at 6:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Repressed Memories
******
20,586 posts
Almalieque wrote:
If abortion or your pride is worth more than the other 97% of the services that they are providing, then just say so. Don't pretend that you're in some catch-22, because you're not.

It's not just 3% though, it's only 3% now.

The problem with capitulating to such an unreasonable demand is that abortion isn't the only aspect of planned parenthood that Republicans have an issue with. Contraceptives aren't exactly a favorite item for a lot of social conservatives. Being chipped away and whittled down is equally disastrous for an organization as being entirely defunded.

Additionally, while abortion is a very small part of what PP does, they are still the largest provider for the service. Capitulating to bullies would mean depriving many people of a legal procedure.

And finally, what the GOP is doing here is wrong. Whatever one's beliefs about abortions may be, lying and cheating to get rid of them is wrong. When you sacrifice all your other principles and morals to achieve a single ethic, you have lost not gained. Those who want to see abortions made illegal should pursue that goal legally and honestly.

Edited, May 15th 2011 7:19pm by Allegory
#225 May 15 2011 at 6:37 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
Belkira wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
From my understanding, the PP lost funding basically because the GOP didn't want abortion involved in any way shape or form, even though it was done legally within the stated rules and regulations. While I don't disagree with the complaints of douchebaggery, to allow PP to lose all funding over a service that only makes up 3% of your total services is pretty stupid. Just drop the service to keep the funding and continue to fight for the service in order to bring it back. If everything is legitimate as you state it is, then you shouldn't have any problem winning that fight.

To come off as an organization to help all women and succumb to pride because you are making a pseudo symbolic argument of your own personal beliefs of abortion is not only selfish, stupid and ignorant, it shows what your true colors are.


I don't see it as "pride" so much as providing a service that is much needed, and refusing to be strong-armed by assholes with a religious bug up their collective asses. Again, it stuns me that you, or anyone, would see PP as being the stubborn, prideful, selfish, stupid, and ignorant. Abortion is a procedure included in women's health.

It really seems to me that, once again, you're letting your personal opinions on abortion get the better of you.

And before you accuse me of doing the same, I would also contend that a KKK organization shouldn't be arbitrarily punished by the government simply because they are the KKK, and that they would not have to prove to the government that they aren't burning crosses or hanging people. Once again, you're advocating punishment to Planned Parenthood when they've done nothing wrong simply because you don't like abortion.

You sweep the "douchebaggery" of the GOP aside with a blanket statement of how they're forcing the de-funding of the organization because of a procedure that only encompasses 3% of their operations, yet you're deriding and demonizing the group performing to the letter of the law as selfish??

Edited, May 15th 2011 6:20pm by Belkira


What I'm trying to point out to everyone is that "you all" are not acting any better than the opponents of PP. The opponents only care about abortion, but are using legitimate arguments against PP. Proponents only care about abortion, using legitimate practices under "women's health".

The reason why I call PP selfish is because from what I've gathered from you all is that this program is supposed to be about overall women's health. Yet, just like those people with "religious" bugs up their behinds, you are behaving in the same way by forfeiting 97% of your services to fight and protect abortion. Also, for the love of God, will you quit blaming religion on these things? People believe what they believe because that's what they believe in, not because of religion.

Yes, abortion is part of a woman's health and so are breast implants, liposuction and botax. Once again, people are just making this into a pseudo symbolic argument of pride. People see losing/winning this debate will have some weight in the legality of abortion.

It is definitely pride because no matter how silly it is for the GOP to question the PP's usage of money, they have the right and the legal grounds to do so. Just like PP isn't doing anything illegal nor are the opponents. All proponents have done is talked about being "strong-armed", which displays concern of being "bullied" to do something. If your concern is with the health of the people that are being treating, then being "strong-armed" in such a controversial topic shouldn't be an issue.

So, "you all" can play the "victim" role, but I'm not sure what society you're referencing where abortion wasn't either illegal or controversial. If I were in that same exact scenario, I would give up whatever is preventing me the funding while fighting to get back what I gave up. As a result, I have absolutely no sympathy for PP. If that particular service was more than 3% of the overall services used, then I could see your point, but it isn't. So, you're basically arguing on concept, which isn't wrong, but at the expense of others, which makes you selfish.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#226 May 15 2011 at 6:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
You're creating a scenario that doesn't exist.

That is the scenario. The GOP is saying to give up doing something that is completely legal and by the books or else they'll wage a war to defund PP. That's blackmail and extortion by any definition.

Quote:
The only thing they care about is abortion.

Obviously not or else they'd solely be an abortion provider or an abortion lobbying group. You're just saying that since they don't roll over for blackmail it means you were right. I can't say I can agree with that but you keep wanting to roll with it.

Quote:
I said to continue to fight to have abortions there, but do it while maintaining your governmental funds.

So your master plan is to continue to lobby for abortions while insisting that none of your government funds go towards lobbying for abortion and expecting the GOP say that's okay?

Hahahahahahahaha....

Ok, then.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#227 May 15 2011 at 7:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Yes, abortion is part of a woman's health and so are breast implants, liposuction and botax.


Ah, I see. So you're a complete idiot. Now I understand why you can't understand a concept. The fact that you'd label breast implants, liposuction, and botox as "a part of women's health" shows just how very, very out of touch you are with women. And further, the fact that you lump abortion in with breast implants, liposuction, and botox shows that you're so far gone, there's no reasoning with you.
#228 May 15 2011 at 7:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
That aside, PP's mission is primarily women's reproductive health. Botox, liposuction and even breast implants don't apply.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#229 May 15 2011 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,015 posts
Alma.

It's legal. Get over it.

If you have a moral objection then lobby your conngresspeople to have the law changed.

End of discussion.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#230 May 15 2011 at 7:13 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Belkira wrote:
The fact that you'd label breast implants, liposuction, and botox as "a part of women's health" shows just how very, very out of touch you are with women.
Him being out of touch with women wasn't in question before this thread, right?

Belkira wrote:
there's no reasoning with you.
I knew you'd see the light one day! It took me a while as well. Now just adhere to the siggy and we're one step closer.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#231 May 15 2011 at 7:21 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Yes, abortion is part of a woman's health and so are breast implants, liposuction and botax.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, that's freaking hilarious. You have such a low opinion of women it's unreal. Are you really equating abortion to a purely cosmetic procedure?


Oh also, it's called "BOTOX", short for "Botulinum toxin", moron.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#232Almalieque, Posted: May 15 2011 at 7:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) What?
#233 May 15 2011 at 7:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Do you think sitting back and doing nothing will make the GOP go away?
Do you think the GOP will stop with just abortion if PP caves to them? You can't see the GOP trying this again with another item they don't like PP doing? If every time the GOP tries this and they get PP to stop doing whatever they wanted them to stop, why wouldn't the GOP just do it for each item?


edit: **** it! Where's my sponsors?!

Edited, May 15th 2011 10:26pm by Uglysasquatch
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#234 May 15 2011 at 7:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
They are losing funding, so they HAVE to do something in order to preserve funding.


They're fighting it in court.
#235 May 15 2011 at 7:33 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,015 posts
Let the GOP have this, and before long Planned Parenthood will be purely for "circumcising" females.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#236 May 15 2011 at 7:36 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Debalic wrote:
Let the GOP have this, and before long Planned Parenthood will be purely for "circumcising" females.
Genital mutilation, yaaaaaaaaaay!
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#237 May 15 2011 at 7:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
I was referring to the scenario that the GOP will NEVER accept anything that PP may do. That is false. It's not blackmail nor extortion

Tee-hee. Cute.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#238Almalieque, Posted: May 15 2011 at 7:42 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) So why not fight in court while having funding?
#239 May 15 2011 at 7:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Do you think sitting back and doing nothing will make the GOP go away?
Do you think the GOP will stop with just abortion if PP caves to them? You can't see the GOP trying this again with another item they don't like PP doing? If every time the GOP tries this and they get PP to stop doing whatever they wanted them to stop, why wouldn't the GOP just do it for each item?


edit: **** it! Where's my sponsors?!

Edited, May 15th 2011 10:26pm by Uglysasquatch


I stopped responding to him a while back and I feel much better. I like to talk at him, about him and around him. It's not hard to do. You can do it!
#240 May 15 2011 at 7:45 PM Rating: Good
***
3,362 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Yes, abortion is part of a woman's health and so are breast implants, liposuction and botax.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, that's freaking hilarious. You have such a low opinion of women it's unreal. Are you really equating abortion to a purely cosmetic procedure?


Oh also, it's called "BOTOX", short for "Botulinum toxin", moron.
Are you really surprised? In the last thread in which this topic was discussed, he said a 16 year old getting pregnant wasn't the end of the world. His reason? There's a show on TV called "16 and Pregnant," so it MUST not be that bad. Alma, you're a pig.
#241 May 15 2011 at 7:47 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
LeWoVoc wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Yes, abortion is part of a woman's health and so are breast implants, liposuction and botax.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, that's freaking hilarious. You have such a low opinion of women it's unreal. Are you really equating abortion to a purely cosmetic procedure?


Oh also, it's called "BOTOX", short for "Botulinum toxin", moron.
Are you really surprised? In the last thread in which this topic was discussed, he said a 16 year old getting pregnant wasn't the end of the world. His reason? There's a show on TV called "16 and Pregnant," so it MUST not be that bad. Alma, you're a pig.
I'm not surprised in the slightest, no. It does make me laugh that he staunchly defends his claim that he respects women, though.

I'm convinced he really believes that he does, which is, quite frankly, scary.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#242Almalieque, Posted: May 15 2011 at 7:51 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Read above. The more you talk, the dumber you sound. When you go in a clinic/hospital, do you equate all services as the same? Why don't you just go ahead and cop out now. We can save us both time.
#243 May 15 2011 at 7:53 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
So can we now all agree that there's no point in responding to Alma and just stop doing it entirely? The Simpsons came up with a song for this back in 1997 (even with an oddly appropriate void for TN):

Paul Anka: To stop those monsters 1-2-3, 
           Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free, 
           It's got Paul Anka's guarantee... 
     Lisa: Guarantee void in Tennessee. 
 
     Both: Just don't look!  Just don't look! 
           Just don't look!  Just don't look! 
           Just don't look!  Just don't look!

____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#244 May 15 2011 at 7:57 PM Rating: Good
***
3,362 posts
Quote:
Read above. The more you talk, the dumber you sound. When you go in a clinic/hospital, do you equate all services as the same? Why don't you just go ahead and cop out now. We can save us both time.
No, you don't, you ****.
#245 May 15 2011 at 8:01 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
LeWoVoc wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Yes, abortion is part of a woman's health and so are breast implants, liposuction and botax.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, that's freaking hilarious. You have such a low opinion of women it's unreal. Are you really equating abortion to a purely cosmetic procedure?


Oh also, it's called "BOTOX", short for "Botulinum toxin", moron.
Are you really surprised? In the last thread in which this topic was discussed, he said a 16 year old getting pregnant wasn't the end of the world. His reason? There's a show on TV called "16 and Pregnant," so it MUST not be that bad. Alma, you're a pig.


Are you still ****-hurt on that? Man, I guess I must really spell it out for you. I really didn't think you were that freakin stupid, but I guess so. The show wasn't the reason, you moron. It was evidence that there are so many people in the U.S. that are 16 and pregnant, that they can create a reality T.V show on it. You were acting like it was the end of the world, when it wasn't. I've met numerous of people who were pregnant in school and survived. The fact that there is a reality T.V. show on that very topic only supports it. 60 years ago, you might have had a point, but nowadays, teenagers are having children. Given the fact that you soloed out one sentence out of context from an entire post is evident that you're wrong and too embarrassed to admit to it.

Nilatai wrote:
I'm not surprised in the slightest, no. It does make me laugh that he staunchly defends his claim that he respects women, though.

I'm convinced he really believes that he does, which is, quite frankly, scary.


Just because I don't believe in your political views doesn't negate my respect for women. The simple fact that you believe there is or should be a connection between abortion and respect for women shows how clueless you are from the get-go.

So basically no matter what you do for women, if you disagree with abortion, you disrespect women... yea...go drink clorox.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#246 May 15 2011 at 8:04 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,362 posts
Quote:
Are you still ****-hurt on that? Man, I guess I must really spell it out for you. I really didn't think you were that freakin stupid, but I guess so. The show wasn't the reason, you moron. It was evidence that there are so many people in the U.S. that are 16 and pregnant, that they can create a reality T.V show on it. You were acting like it was the end of the world, when it wasn't. I've met numerous of people who were pregnant in school and survived. The fact that there is a reality T.V. show on that very topic only supports it. 60 years ago, you might have had a point, but nowadays, teenagers are having children. Given the fact that you soloed out one sentence out of context from an entire post is evident that you're wrong and too embarrassed to admit to it.
Teehee. You're cute when you think you sound smart. :)
#247 May 15 2011 at 8:04 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,047 posts
LeWoVoc wrote:
Almalieque The Great wrote:
Read above. The more you talk, the dumber you sound. When you go in a clinic/hospital, do you equate all services as the same? Why don't you just go ahead and cop out now. We can save us both time.
No, you don't, you ****.


So WTF did people assume that I meant abortion = breast implants just because I mentioned them both under female health? I simply mentioned other health services that women could obtain that would cause controversy as well. That doesn't make them the same.

____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#248 May 15 2011 at 8:07 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Read above. The more you talk, the dumber you sound. When you go in a clinic/hospital, do you equate all services as the same? Why don't you just go ahead and cop out now. We can save us both time.
Well you still need to admit you were wrong about several things, first. Like how cosmetic surgery isn't really health related in the instances you presented. Or how you said "Botax" (seriously, "Botax"?).

When I go to a clinic/hospital I don't equate all services as being the same, no. What's your point? Cosmetic surgery almost always has no impact on a patients medical health (I say almost because of things like skin-grafts, they fall under 'cosmetic'). You could probably argue for mental health, but you're not doing that, are you?


Also, I'm not sure how you ever assume that you have won an argument. Ever. I mean, seriously, the closest you ever get is someone beating their head so hard against a wall they forget they're arguing with you in the first place.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#249 May 15 2011 at 8:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,362 posts
Almalieque wrote:
LeWoVoc wrote:
Almalieque The Great wrote:
Read above. The more you talk, the dumber you sound. When you go in a clinic/hospital, do you equate all services as the same? Why don't you just go ahead and cop out now. We can save us both time.
No, you don't, you ****.


So WTF did people assume that I meant abortion = breast implants just because I mentioned them both under female health? I simply mentioned other health services that women could obtain that would cause controversy as well. That doesn't make them the same.

Breast implants and botox are (except under some freaky rare circumstances, I guess) not matters of health. Cosmetic surgery and abortion can not be compared on this level. At all.
#250 May 15 2011 at 8:20 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,015 posts
I think he's just flying any kind of invasive procedure under the "medical" banner. I mean, Botox and implants are performed by "surgeons", aren't they?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#251 May 15 2011 at 8:22 PM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Debalic wrote:
I think he's just flying any kind of invasive procedure under the "medical" banner. I mean, Botox and implants are performed by "surgeons", aren't they?


Not botox, no. That's just an injection.

Edited, May 15th 2011 9:22pm by Belkira
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 46 All times are in CST
Jophiel, Kuwoobie, TirithRR, trickybeck, Anonymous Guests (42)