Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Post previewsFollow

#1 Mar 29 2012 at 10:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
When I'm in a multi-page thread and I hover over the "next" link at the bottom of the page, I keep getting a preview of the first post on the next page. It's not the whole post, though - just the avatar usually, and once or twice it's been the stars from under the poster's name. Is this some broken functionality that shouldn't be out? (And if this is something you're working on, please stop, it isn't going to be helpful.)

Chrome and WoW skin, Windows 7, if it helps.
#2 Mar 30 2012 at 3:20 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
I also seem to be experiencing some glitches with the preview feature. When hovering the cursor over a thread title in a thread index, the preview will display the first post, like it's supposed to, for a moment and then display the last post all of a sudden. Moving the cursor then resets the preview to the first post again.

Happens on both Chrome version 17.0.963.83 m and version 18.0.1025.142 m.

Edited, Mar 31st 2012 12:32am by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#3 Mar 30 2012 at 3:45 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
***
2,644 posts
I've noticed what Mazra said also, using Firefox 11.0 (3.6.15 or higher, forget which as I'm not on that computer at the moment, and this one is too slow to switch quickly, so never notice it, besides I try to avoid hovering on this one). I'll edit in the exact version if different later when I'm on it.

Yther Ore.

Edited, Mar 31st 2012 11:42am by Yther
____________________________
Friar Bijou wrote:
Help me Obi-Wan Yther!!!
#4 Apr 02 2012 at 3:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Webmonkey
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
**
708 pandas
The loading of the wrong reply issue should be fixed now.

Majivo wrote:
It's not the whole post, though - just the avatar usually, and once or twice it's been the stars from under the poster's name.

I haven't been able to replicate this, but it's possible that the fix I just put through for the other problem has also fixed this. If it hasn't been fixed yet, does it happen in particular threads? Can you link me to one?

An overall clarification: the tooltips code has always been a little shaky, and I finally gave them [link=/forum.html?forum=3&mid=1198279925234113786&p=2#91]a complete rewrite[/link]. Not just for forums, but for all our database tooltips. Tooltips should load faster, attach to the mouse better and more smoothly follow it, better handle re-positioning when necessary, attach to the corner of icons when hovering over an icon link, and a bunch of new features for external features are now possible, like dynamically adding icons to links, or changing the link colors to match the quality of an item being linked. Forum tooltips still won't appear on external sites, but they benefit from the increased speed and responsiveness, and we're finally able to load tooltips specific to a page of a thread.
#5 Apr 03 2012 at 10:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
Jerek wrote:
I haven't been able to replicate this, but it's possible that the fix I just put through for the other problem has also fixed this. If it hasn't been fixed yet, does it happen in particular threads? Can you link me to one?


http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=4&mid=1323637662126361134&p=18

Scroll to the bottom of the page and hover over any page number greater than the current page, or the "next" link. They are give me weird graphical glitches. Interestingly, pages before the current selection do not. (Using Chrome still.)
#6 Apr 03 2012 at 5:09 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
Jerek wrote:
The loading of the wrong reply issue should be fixed now.


Sort of. Preview no longer works on my end.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#7 Apr 03 2012 at 6:46 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,264 posts
They don't work for me either.

Firefox 11.0
FFXI skin.

Edited, Apr 3rd 2012 8:46pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#8 Apr 04 2012 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Webmonkey
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
**
708 pandas
Mazra wrote:
Preview no longer works on my end.

D'oh. Fixed.

Majivo wrote:
http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=4&mid=1323637662126361134&p=18

Scroll to the bottom of the page and hover over any page number greater than the current page, or the "next" link. They are give me weird graphical glitches. Interestingly, pages before the current selection do not. (Using Chrome still.)

Ah, now I see. That is really weird. This one seems problematic. :x
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (30)