Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Forum upgrade - Public beta previewFollow

#27 Jun 24 2011 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
******
49,743 posts
I'm afraid to ask about the Youtube button. Won't stop me from trying it here, though.

Either way, need a way to block it by default or its going to be the reemergence of Rick Roll.



Edited, Jun 24th 2011 4:15pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#28 Jun 24 2011 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Interesting...I can see who else is watching each specific forum.
#29 Jun 24 2011 at 2:14 PM Rating: Good
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__s5V7KUvMM]
test?

what did I do wrong?

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 4:15pm by Lubriderm



Edited, Jun 24th 2011 4:17pm by Lubriderm
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#30 Jun 24 2011 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
Gotcha, anything after the = in the youtube vid
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#31 Jun 24 2011 at 2:20 PM Rating: Good
What do these new tags do when people view the site in non forumtest mode? just look like garbage?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#32 Jun 24 2011 at 2:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
We're hopeing to modify the youtube embed feature so it will take the whole URL or the short form soon. Edit: and the tags are implemented live everywhere now actually.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 1:21pm by Kaolian
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#33 Jun 24 2011 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Rating still seems borked.

And someone (Eske?) mentioned a problem using the breadcrumbs to change forums. Using the Zam.com skin, and IE8, I don't have a drop down menu on the breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page.

Also: Second a "hide videos" button.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 3:23pm by Belkira
#34 Jun 24 2011 at 2:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Rating still seems borked.

And someone (Eske?) mentioned a problem using the breadcrumbs to change forums. Using the Zam.com skin, and IE8, I don't have a drop down menu on the breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page.

Also: Second a "hide videos" button.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 3:23pm by Belkira


THe preview server is still the same preview server it was in closed beta. it doesn't have the horsepower to handle rating well. if its still a problem after things go live then we'll need to address.

The breadcrumbs should be there on the bottom of most thread and post views, I can see it on IE8 and IE9. i don't know what dropdown is being referred to, as I can't see that either, but I reported it already.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#35 Jun 24 2011 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
******
49,743 posts
There's going to be a lot of shenanigans when it comes to youtube. Is it available to everyone, or just premium? Hopefully it has at least the 250+ post minimum.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#36 Jun 24 2011 at 2:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
There's going to be a lot of shenanigans when it comes to youtube. Is it available to everyone, or just premium? Hopefully it has at least the 250+ post minimum.


At the moment its wide open, under the theory that if someone links to something bannable, we're going to ban over it. We may want to add a posting restriction on it though
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#37 Jun 24 2011 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Rating still seems borked.

And someone (Eske?) mentioned a problem using the breadcrumbs to change forums. Using the Zam.com skin, and IE8, I don't have a drop down menu on the breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page.

Also: Second a "hide videos" button.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 3:23pm by Belkira
In regards to the 'hide video' thing, any chance on making spoiler tags not just blocked out, but something that doesn't even load until user clicks show spoilers? This would allow people to save bandwidth for others who don't care to see the content.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#38 Jun 24 2011 at 2:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Rating still seems borked.

And someone (Eske?) mentioned a problem using the breadcrumbs to change forums. Using the Zam.com skin, and IE8, I don't have a drop down menu on the breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page.

Also: Second a "hide videos" button.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 3:23pm by Belkira


THe preview server is still the same preview server it was in closed beta. it doesn't have the horsepower to handle rating well. if its still a problem after things go live then we'll need to address.

The breadcrumbs should be there on the bottom of most thread and post views, I can see it on IE8 and IE9. i don't know what dropdown is being referred to, as I can't see that either, but I reported it already.


Maybe it's the drop down menu for the top of the page when you mouse over the forum names?

#39 Jun 24 2011 at 2:31 PM Rating: Good
*****
16,959 posts
Lubriderm Quick Hands wrote:
In regards to the 'hide video' thing, any chance on making spoiler tags not just blocked out, but something that doesn't even load until user clicks show spoilers? This would allow people to save bandwidth for others who don't care to see the content.
As I understand it, the video doesn't actually load until you click it.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#40 Jun 24 2011 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
AnimalOnSylph wrote:
While looking at http://ffxi.forumtest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10, I think that the blue scholar font color is rather hard to read on the blue background. I don't know if making the font color a brighter shade would help or not.
I concur.

lolgaxe wrote:
Another one I just noticed. 51 posts per page now? That's gonna mess some stuff up.
I don't think anything was actually changed, everything was just properly renumbered. I still have all my My hovercraft is full of eelss in the DRK thread.

Would like a "hide videos" in the quick forum settings.

Took me a short time to figure out how to get to live view, but I usually click the link to access it instead of going through the menu.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#41 Jun 24 2011 at 2:34 PM Rating: Good
******
49,743 posts
Found something with "Your Forum Posts." If you try to get to a new post of yours on a multipage thread , it goes to the first post of the entire thread instead. Threads with two or three pages seem to be fine, but expansive ones that go 100+ pages aren't.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#42 Jun 24 2011 at 2:34 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Ravashack wrote:
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Rating still seems borked.

And someone (Eske?) mentioned a problem using the breadcrumbs to change forums. Using the Zam.com skin, and IE8, I don't have a drop down menu on the breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page.

Also: Second a "hide videos" button.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 3:23pm by Belkira


THe preview server is still the same preview server it was in closed beta. it doesn't have the horsepower to handle rating well. if its still a problem after things go live then we'll need to address.

The breadcrumbs should be there on the bottom of most thread and post views, I can see it on IE8 and IE9. i don't know what dropdown is being referred to, as I can't see that either, but I reported it already.


Maybe it's the drop down menu for the top of the page when you mouse over the forum names?



Aye, that's the one. When I use it to change forums, it has me in:

ZAM Forums > Unknown

...afterwards, no matter what forum you are in. It works to change forums fine, it's just that the breadcrumb text doesn't seem to update properly.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 4:36pm by Eske
#43 Jun 24 2011 at 2:37 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Could we get mouseover post previews on the "Your Posts" page? When the quote pyramids start, the short preview on the page isn't always enough.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#44 Jun 24 2011 at 2:37 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Looks nice so far. For the three FFXIV skins, the username colors don't change with the theme (never have, IIRC). Any plans to do something about that? Just could stand to make them a brighter/lighter version of the same general color when using the non-standard themes to make them stick out a bit more.

It's a pretty minor issue.

Ratings don't work, but I imagine you're aware of that already.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 3:39pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#45 Jun 24 2011 at 2:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,550 posts
That report button needs to be moved, you're going to have a whole lot of accidental reporting going on.

Don't like that I don't see the thread rating unless I pull up the preview.

Looks really sharp though.
#46 Jun 24 2011 at 2:48 PM Rating: Decent
**
526 posts
ok I can not figure this image tag thing out..guess I need more post lol

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 4:48pm by Puremallace
#47 Jun 24 2011 at 2:49 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
That report button needs to be moved, you're going to have a whole lot of accidental reporting going on.


Don't reports only go through if you press to 'Submit' on the pop-up message? Anyway, the new button isn't near anything else...don't think I'd accidentally hit it unless I was trying to copy/paste something.

Although it does kind of scream to be pressed, sitting out there all front and center.
#48 Jun 24 2011 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Yodabunny wrote:
That report button needs to be moved, you're going to have a whole lot of accidental reporting going on.
Don't reports only go through if you press to 'Submit' on the pop-up message? Anyway, the new button isn't near anything else...don't think I'd accidentally hit it unless I was trying to copy/paste something.

Although it does kind of scream to be pressed, sitting out there all front and center.
Actually, it's right next to the rate down button.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#49 Jun 24 2011 at 2:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
Puremallace wrote:
ok I can not figure this image tag thing out..guess I need more post lol

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 4:48pm by Puremallace


Image tags presently require a minimum post count of 250 posts. On the theory that anyone with at least 250 posts has enough time and effort invested into the forum that they aren't going to post really offensive, bannable images. We went back and forth on what number to set as the minimum. 25 seemed too low to really prevent anything. 250 may be a little high, but we'd rather err on the side of caution at first. I'm sure the vast majority of our posters under 250 posts wouldn't abuse the system, but it just takes one person posting something really, really bad to make that limit make a whole lot more sense. As a forum admin, you... see things. Things that you can never unsee. Things that make you fervently wish to protect other people from ever seeing those things. This is why forum admins are sometimes cranky.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#50 Jun 24 2011 at 2:55 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,419 posts
On embedded YouTube videos, scrolling will stop if using the scroll wheel on your mouse if the cursor is in the frame of the video. Not sure if you can do anything about it (probably set on YouTube's end), but thought I'd bring it up since I often scroll-wheel through threads and it's fairly annoying to have it stop whenever there's a video.
____________________________
Aliekber
RDM BLU SCH DRG PLD BLM NIN WHM
Linkshell: CrimsonMercenaries Server: Carbamesh

Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Human (?) females look ugly.
Post in /K/ where the orbital laser system is now online.
#51 Jun 24 2011 at 2:55 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
xypin wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
Yodabunny wrote:
That report button needs to be moved, you're going to have a whole lot of accidental reporting going on.
Don't reports only go through if you press to 'Submit' on the pop-up message? Anyway, the new button isn't near anything else...don't think I'd accidentally hit it unless I was trying to copy/paste something.

Although it does kind of scream to be pressed, sitting out there all front and center.
Actually, it's right next to the rate down button.


Oh duh. Forgot that they're not shown in Forum Feedback.

Also: sub-defaulted posts have some text wrap-around issues with multi-line sentences in their "hidden" view. I just noticed it on some of varus' posts. His text starts to extend under his name. You can see it with this one.

http://www.forumtest.zam.com/forum.html?forum=4&mid=1308936629273477893&h=50&p=1#34

Just a cosmetic thing, though.

Edited, Jun 24th 2011 4:57pm by Eske
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (50)