Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Beer and guns!Follow

#1 Dec 05 2013 at 4:34 PM Rating: Decent
******
27,272 posts
The US army is now hiring a brewmaster.

Because those soldiers need their beer damnit!

Edited, Dec 5th 2013 11:34pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2 Dec 05 2013 at 4:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
I can't imagine they'll get good brewer for that price range.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#3 Dec 05 2013 at 4:53 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Brewers do not get paid well, at all. Unless you're brewing for one of the mega corporations or the couple handfuls of big craft breweries.

It's not a big money making business despite the huge boom in the popularity of craft beer.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#4 Dec 05 2013 at 5:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
Bummer, I went to a conference where a retired head brewer from Budweiser gave a talk. Learned lots of stuff I've mostly forgot since then, he was quite the interesting character.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#5 Dec 05 2013 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Those guys make a good living for sure, but there's 1 per facility so maybe a few hundred people worldwide who are in the same position and there are over two thousand breweries in the US alone.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#6 Dec 05 2013 at 10:00 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Being a head brewer is cool, but being the Chief Beer Officer is even cooler.

____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#8 Dec 06 2013 at 8:25 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,893 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
I can't imagine they'll get good brewer for that price range.
It really isn't much different than how we buy our vehicles, weapons, clothes and the like. The best equipment the lowest bidder can provide!
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#9 Dec 06 2013 at 8:50 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
I would think it would be really good experience for the novice brewer. Aethien are you applying?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#10 Dec 06 2013 at 8:54 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
I chose a career where the heaviest thing I have to lift is my lunch, I like to keep it that way ad brewing includes way too much hauling around of 50lb bags, not to mention that most of professional brewing consists of cleaning stuff.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#11 Dec 06 2013 at 10:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
4,445 posts
IF its army it probably has really good benefits and maybe even free place to live? If that was the case it might be a mediocre job.
____________________________
Hi
#12 Dec 06 2013 at 10:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
I chose a career where the heaviest thing I have to lift is my lunch, I like to keep it that way ad brewing includes way too much hauling around of 50lb bags.
Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#13 Dec 06 2013 at 10:57 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Yeah, so what do you do besides sitting behind a computer shooting lasers at proteins? Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#14 Dec 06 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
Vacuum pumps, gas cylinders, big containers of chemical waste... all things that be can heavy and that you don't want to drop for various reasons.

Oh, and we don't have a laser thingy anymore. MALDI is so last decade, it's all electrospray these days.

Edited, Dec 6th 2013 9:04am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#15 Dec 06 2013 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
You don't have lackeys or henchman to do that sort of stuff? Also lasers are the future, lasers are always the future.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#16 Dec 06 2013 at 11:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
No we need to hire more, but you know budgets and stuff. Besides there's more women than men in the field, so chances are good I'll still be moving stuff even if we get a new minion. Smiley: glare

Lasers are fine, they're just in the same boat as the time-of-flight instruments with the long vacuum tubes, high mass accuracy instruments that take up half the room and such. You want strong electrical currents and the spinning of your atoms into tight orbitals. Smiley: thumbsup

Edited, Dec 6th 2013 9:17am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#17 Dec 06 2013 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,953 posts
Can't you just do the unpaid intern thing?
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#18 Dec 06 2013 at 11:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
We get them during the summer, rest of the time they go back to school. They're usually more trouble than they're worth though, with the asking questions and trying to learn something while on the job. Seriously just go get the enzyme, and remember to close the freezer this time! Smiley: motz
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#19 Dec 06 2013 at 1:08 PM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,953 posts
You need an intern cane.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#20 Dec 10 2013 at 7:07 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Screenshot
 
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#21 Dec 17 2013 at 12:00 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Besides there's more women than men in the field, so chances are good I'll still be moving stuff even if we get a new minion. Smiley: glare

Get the cane, add a little limp and stop enabling womanly helplessness (unless of course she's prego).
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#22 Dec 17 2013 at 12:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
Elinda wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Besides there's more women than men in the field, so chances are good I'll still be moving stuff even if we get a new minion. Smiley: glare

Get the cane, add a little limp and stop enabling womanly helplessness (unless of course she's prego).
Oh these gals aren't helpless by any means, still for the most part they aren't the kind of women who you see lifting and moving heavy objects. Really even on the male end, they aren't the kind of guys who really lift and move heavy objects for a living. We're all in science for a reason perhaps. Nevertheless if you're winded after carrying a 4L jug of high purity water across the hall you're not my first choice for moving a 300lb, million dollar instrument.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#23 Dec 17 2013 at 3:00 PM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Elinda wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Besides there's more women than men in the field, so chances are good I'll still be moving stuff even if we get a new minion. Smiley: glare

Get the cane, add a little limp and stop enabling womanly helplessness (unless of course she's prego).
Oh these gals aren't helpless by any means, still for the most part they aren't the kind of women who you see lifting and moving heavy objects. Really even on the male end, they aren't the kind of guys who really lift and move heavy objects for a living. We're all in science for a reason perhaps. Nevertheless if you're winded after carrying a 4L jug of high purity water across the hall you're not my first choice for moving a 300lb, million dollar instrument.

Yeah, better safe than sorry. Women are bad drivers too - so don't let them do that either.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#24 Dec 17 2013 at 3:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
Elinda wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Elinda wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Besides there's more women than men in the field, so chances are good I'll still be moving stuff even if we get a new minion. Smiley: glare

Get the cane, add a little limp and stop enabling womanly helplessness (unless of course she's prego).
Oh these gals aren't helpless by any means, still for the most part they aren't the kind of women who you see lifting and moving heavy objects. Really even on the male end, they aren't the kind of guys who really lift and move heavy objects for a living. We're all in science for a reason perhaps. Nevertheless if you're winded after carrying a 4L jug of high purity water across the hall you're not my first choice for moving a 300lb, million dollar instrument.

Yeah, better safe than sorry. Women are bad drivers too - so don't let them do that either.
No no, science says they're better drivers. If anything we should reconsider allowing males under the age of 25 drive. Women on average can't lift as much as men though.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#25 Dec 17 2013 at 9:37 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,893 posts
Science also said the best way to cure mood swings was to drill a hole in people's heads.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#26 Dec 17 2013 at 10:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,431 posts
That right.

Now hold still this may sting a bit...
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 42 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (42)