Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

You Into the Group Thing?Follow

#1 Aug 23 2012 at 9:00 PM Rating: Sub-Default
6 posts
We’re removing the bonus monster damage per additional

player in a coop game. Our design goal is for players

who prefer to play solo to be able to play solo, and

players who prefer to play in groups to be able to play

in a group. We feel the bonus monster damage per

additional player is one of the biggest inhibitors to

wanting to play with your friends. In a perfect world,

single player and co-op would be absolutely equal, but

that’s not attainable when you consider item

properties such as “Life on Kill” or skills such as

Archon which simply scale better when you are solo.

Since the variety and breadth of game mechanics

essentially dictate that solo vs. group play will never

be 100% equal, our goal is to make them as close as

possible but err on the side of coop in cases where we

need to make adjustments. The inherent logistical

requirements when forming up with other players and

attempting to work together effectively warrants some

added benefits.
#2 Aug 23 2012 at 9:02 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,947 posts
Only if I'm the only male in the group thing. Otherwise it gets a little... fruity. Too many bananas and all that.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#3 Aug 23 2012 at 9:08 PM Rating: Good
******
43,873 posts
I had a threesome once solo.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4 Aug 23 2012 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
****
6,753 posts
I


like



an



audience.
____________________________
Some people are like slinkies, they aren't really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
#5 Aug 23 2012 at 9:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,283 posts
Blindly Posting Spam

New Account Attracts Huge Admin Rage

My Haiku Scares Me

Edited, Aug 23rd 2012 11:29pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#6 Aug 23 2012 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,947 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Blindly Posting Spam

New Account Attracts Huge Admin Rage

My Haiku Scares Me



5, 9, 5, a haiku does not make.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#7 Aug 23 2012 at 9:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,283 posts
The Haiku checker I used counted Admin as one syllable. Smiley: glare

http://www.haikuwithteeth.com/
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#8 Aug 23 2012 at 9:39 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,947 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
The Haiku checker I used counted Admin as one syllable. Smiley: glare

http://www.haikuwithteeth.com/


That still puts it at 5, 8, 5.

Failku.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#9 Aug 23 2012 at 9:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,904 posts
There once was an admin named me
Who had a green dragon sig, see?
He spotted a sock, then pulled out a glock
And made the sock see through did he!

(ok, technically its not a sock... but we're watching it...)
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#10 Aug 23 2012 at 9:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
Posting bad haiku
Thread is less worse due to this
please don't lock this thread
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#11 Aug 23 2012 at 9:46 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,873 posts
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#12 Aug 23 2012 at 9:51 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,283 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
The Haiku checker I used counted Admin as one syllable. Smiley: glare

http://www.haikuwithteeth.com/


That still puts it at 5, 8, 5.

Failku.


GDI
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#13 Aug 23 2012 at 9:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,283 posts
Tried To Make Haiku

Tirith Pointed Out My Flaw

I Hate You Tirith Smiley: mad
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#14 Aug 24 2012 at 4:56 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,117 posts
Roses are red
Grass is green
Don't sit too close
To your computer screen
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#15 Aug 24 2012 at 6:05 AM Rating: Good
It is 7:05 am
I have to go to work
TGIF
************** always

(for real, TGIF..its been a long week it seems -.-)
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#16 Aug 24 2012 at 6:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,250 posts
I tried writing a
haiku. Unforrtunately,
I ran out of syl-
____________________________
Banh
#17 Aug 24 2012 at 8:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,686 posts
I dislike haiku threads. I know you're all shocked by this revelation.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#18 Aug 24 2012 at 8:58 AM Rating: Good
******
43,873 posts
Well, it is quite a deviation.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#19 Aug 24 2012 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,428 posts
I care not for your
Dislike of haiku threads here.
Tuff ****, deal with it.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#20 Aug 24 2012 at 9:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,250 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku
threads. I know you're all shocked by
this revelation.

FTFY
____________________________
Banh
#21 Aug 24 2012 at 9:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,855 posts
oriuaren wrote:
The inherent logistical

requirements when forming up with other players and

attempting to work together effectively warrants some

added benefits.


Pics please.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#22 Aug 24 2012 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,686 posts
catwho wrote:
Tuff sh*t, deal with it.
See, this is where the revelation for you all is. I have been dealing with it and not ******** here all the time like I do with something like, say...anime.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#23 Aug 24 2012 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,777 posts
I keep clicking on this thread and I keep disappointing that it's not about a threesome of Kate Beckinsale, Scarlett Johansson and Channing Tatum.
#24 Aug 24 2012 at 11:27 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,117 posts
Thumbelyna wrote:
I keep clicking on this thread and I keep disappointing that it's not about a threesome of Kate Beckinsale, Scarlett Johansson and Kate Beckinsale.


Smiley: nod
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#25 Aug 24 2012 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
This is the worst thread.
It totally mislead me.
Die in a fire, end.
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#26 Aug 24 2012 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
'Squatch haets anime
Haikus Upset him as well
Oh, and that one cake
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#27 Aug 24 2012 at 1:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,984 posts
This thread is now about masticating juicers.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#28 Aug 24 2012 at 5:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,904 posts
Online was a juicer that pulped
Kurvings juice one could drink at a gulp
Wheatgrass it would smash
if you shelled out the cash
And the leftover rinds you could sculpt!
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#29 Aug 24 2012 at 10:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
Ugly hates japan
Well, maybe just anime
and real bad haiku's
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#30 Aug 25 2012 at 4:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,577 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku threads. I know you're all shocked by this revelation.

lolgaxe wrote:
Well, it is quite a deviation.
To denounce the weevils as nasty bugs.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#31 Aug 25 2012 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku threads. I know you're all shocked by this revelation.


I dislike haiku.
Threads I know you're all shocked by.
This revelation.

Smiley: grin
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#32 Aug 25 2012 at 4:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Earlier, Spoonless wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku
threads. I know you're all shocked by
this revelation.

FTFY


PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku threads. I know you're all shocked by this revelation.


I dislike haiku.
Threads I know you're all shocked by.
This revelation.

Smiley: grin


You were beaten to that one.
#33 Aug 25 2012 at 5:00 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,250 posts
Belkira wrote:
Earlier, Spoonless wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku
threads. I know you're all shocked by
this revelation.

FTFY


PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku threads. I know you're all shocked by this revelation.


I dislike haiku.
Threads I know you're all shocked by.
This revelation.

Smiley: grin


You were beaten to that one.
Now, now. It's not nice to make fun of the "special" kids just because they take a little bit longer to get to the same place as the rest of us.
____________________________
Banh
#34 Aug 25 2012 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Belkira wrote:
You were beaten to that one.


Is that group *** or just voyeurism?
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#35 Aug 25 2012 at 5:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Spoonless wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Earlier, Spoonless wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku
threads. I know you're all shocked by
this revelation.

FTFY


PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I dislike haiku threads. I know you're all shocked by this revelation.


I dislike haiku.
Threads I know you're all shocked by.
This revelation.

Smiley: grin


You were beaten to that one.
Now, now. It's not nice to make fun of the "special" kids just because they take a little bit longer to get to the same place as the rest of us.


***** you guys, I'm going home.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#36 Aug 25 2012 at 5:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,984 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Belkira wrote:
You were beaten to that one.


Is that group *** or just voyeurism?


Beatings fall under S&M, iirc.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#37 Aug 27 2012 at 9:25 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,777 posts
Mazra wrote:
Thumbelyna wrote:
I keep clicking on this thread and I keep disappointing that it's not about a threesome of Kate Beckinsale, Scarlett Johansson and Kate Beckinsale.


Smiley: nod


Or Sophia Vergara, Salma Hayek and Matthew McConaughey.
#38 Aug 27 2012 at 11:23 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,117 posts
Skip McConaughey and bring in Penélope Cruz.

Hispanic 3x combo.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#39 Aug 29 2012 at 7:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Spankatorium Administratix
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
1oooo posts
I just wanted to point out that I uprated Kao's post up there and his rating went down LOL
____________________________
ZAM: Support FAQ | Forum FAQ | Forum Rules | Mobile
DF: Twitter | FB
KnotKrazy: FB | Etsy
#40 Aug 29 2012 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Mistress Darqflame wrote:
I just wanted to point out that I uprated Kao's post up there and his rating went down LOL
rate up is the green arrow, not the red one. But you know that, right?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#41 Aug 29 2012 at 10:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Spankatorium Administratix
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
1oooo posts
HAHA ICWUTUDIDTHAR!
____________________________
ZAM: Support FAQ | Forum FAQ | Forum Rules | Mobile
DF: Twitter | FB
KnotKrazy: FB | Etsy
#42 Aug 29 2012 at 1:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,984 posts
I wish I wasn't colorblind.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#43 Aug 29 2012 at 8:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,904 posts
Karma rates even the score
Be they red ones or green evermore
But with karma .03 after 5 you can't see (unless you're an admin but that part doesn't rhyme so ignore it)
errors knock your points right through the floor!

Oh no! I told a karma number! I have to ban myself now! Aieeeeeee!!!!! /explodes
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#44 Aug 31 2012 at 11:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,044 posts
One arrow makes you rise-up
One arrow makes you fall
Go ask Kao
When he's ten! feet! tall!
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#45 Sep 04 2012 at 10:36 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,777 posts
Why do I keep clicking this thread when I know full well know it has nothing to do with my prurient interests?

ETA: Someone make this thread go Grey.

Edited, Sep 4th 2012 9:37am by Thumbelyna
#46 Sep 04 2012 at 11:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,855 posts
Thumbelyna wrote:
prurient


Google says that word means... Smiley: eek

Smiley: blush

I need to get out more... Smiley: rolleyes

____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#47 Sep 04 2012 at 12:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Spankatorium Administratix
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
1oooo posts
Thumbelyna wrote:
Why do I keep clicking this thread when I know full well know it has nothing to do with my prurient interests?

ETA: Someone make this thread go Grey.

Edited, Sep 4th 2012 9:37am by Thumbelyna



Ok, so let's you and me _____________________ fill in the blank! :P
____________________________
ZAM: Support FAQ | Forum FAQ | Forum Rules | Mobile
DF: Twitter | FB
KnotKrazy: FB | Etsy
#48 Sep 04 2012 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,984 posts
Mistress Darqflame wrote:
Thumbelyna wrote:
Why do I keep clicking this thread when I know full well know it has nothing to do with my prurient interests?

ETA: Someone make this thread go Grey.

Edited, Sep 4th 2012 9:37am by Thumbelyna



Ok, so let's you and me _____________________ fill in the blank! :P


Something something Discovery Channel.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#49 Sep 04 2012 at 6:03 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,117 posts
pix plx
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#50 Sep 04 2012 at 7:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,904 posts
Once dwelt an Admin named Darqflame
With a Q in her name there with no shame
She put up a ____________, and said fill it in, Thanks!
It's the dawn of a new forum subgame.

____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#51 Sep 05 2012 at 12:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
Mistress Darqflame wrote:


Ok, so let's you and me fill in the blank! :P

I think this works perfectly like this...
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 87 All times are in CDT
gbaji, Anonymous Guests (86)