Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Chick - Fil-A BoycottFollow

#152 Aug 06 2012 at 11:45 PM Rating: Good
******
26,516 posts
Now tell us less. A lot less. Preferably zero.
____________________________
WILL SHOWER AND POST PICS FOR GURU
#153 Aug 07 2012 at 12:09 AM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Almalieque wrote:
On a side note, I like how the same people complaining about the US playing "World Police" are the same ones boycotting because the US chooses NOT to enforce their way of life onto another country. Funny......


Are you seriously comparing the two? Are you seriously trying to say that playing "world police" (aka starting wars) is the same thing as denouncing a law saying it's ok to kill people because of their sexual orientation?

Are you ALSO trying to say that killing homosexuals is the "Ugandan way of life?"

What are you smoking...?
#154 Aug 07 2012 at 5:22 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,940 posts
Belkira wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
On a side note, I like how the same people complaining about the US playing "World Police" are the same ones boycotting because the US chooses NOT to enforce their way of life onto another country. Funny......


Are you seriously comparing the two? Are you seriously trying to say that playing "world police" (aka starting wars) is the same thing as denouncing a law saying it's ok to kill people because of their sexual orientation?

Are you ALSO trying to say that killing homosexuals is the "Ugandan way of life?"

What are you smoking...?

The concept of "world police" extends beyond "starting wars". It's the belief that the US has a say on how other countries should govern their people. We often engage in wars because we beleive that a country should have freedoms as us and we join a side of the nation that supports that ideolgy. So yes, Im making that comparison.

Let's face reality, religious people and pro homosexual people are two of the most contradictory groups of people. They push their views on others and complain when others do the same.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#155 Aug 07 2012 at 7:34 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Alma wrote:
Let's face reality, religious people and pro homosexual people are two of the most contradictory groups of people.


Fundamentalist religious people, you mean. I'm sure not all religious people hate homosexuals.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#156 Aug 07 2012 at 7:58 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,940 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Alma wrote:
Let's face reality, religious people and pro homosexual people are two of the most contradictory groups of people.


Fundamentalist religious people, you mean. I'm sure not all religious people hate homosexuals.


I didn't say that any religious people hate homosexuals.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#157 Aug 07 2012 at 9:47 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Well you're not going to deny a bunch of people their rights if you like them, are you? Smiley: grin
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#158 Aug 07 2012 at 12:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
On a side note, I like how the same people complaining about the US playing "World Police" are the same ones boycotting because the US chooses NOT to enforce their way of life onto another country. Funny......


Are you seriously comparing the two? Are you seriously trying to say that playing "world police" (aka starting wars) is the same thing as denouncing a law saying it's ok to kill people because of their sexual orientation?

Are you ALSO trying to say that killing homosexuals is the "Ugandan way of life?"

What are you smoking...?

The concept of "world police" extends beyond "starting wars". It's the belief that the US has a say on how other countries should govern their people. We often engage in wars because we beleive that a country should have freedoms as us and we join a side of the nation that supports that ideolgy. So yes, Im making that comparison.

Let's face reality, religious people and pro homosexual people are two of the most contradictory groups of people. They push their views on others and complain when others do the same.


Smiley: looney
#159 Aug 07 2012 at 12:27 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Belkira wrote:
Alma wrote:
Let's face reality, religious people and pro homosexual people are two of the most contradictory groups of people. They push their views on others and complain when others do the same.


Smiley: looney


He's got such a weird, myopic little view of the world.

Also, if you people insist on responding to him, spoiler tag his quotes or something. I have the dude on block for a reason. Smiley: motz

Edited, Aug 7th 2012 2:28pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#160 Aug 07 2012 at 12:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Alma wrote:
Let's face reality, religious people and pro homosexual people are two of the most contradictory groups of people. They push their views on others and complain when others do the same.


Smiley: looney


He's got such a weird, myopic little view of the world.

Also, if you people insist on responding to him, spoiler tag his quotes or something. I have the dude on block for a reason. Smiley: motz

Edited, Aug 7th 2012 2:28pm by Eske


Is that reason that you're weak and sometimes can't help responding to him? ;) You know you're just going open the spoiler tag anyway. We're just giving you someone to blame other than yourself.
#161 Aug 07 2012 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Belkira wrote:
Is that reason that you're weak and sometimes can't help responding to him? ;) You know you're just going open the spoiler tag anyway. We're just giving you someone to blame other than yourself.


Psh, I've never done that.

Smiley: glare
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#162 Aug 07 2012 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Is that reason that you're weak and sometimes can't help responding to him? ;) You know you're just going open the spoiler tag anyway. We're just giving you someone to blame other than yourself.


Psh, I've never done that.

Smiley: glare


<3
#163 Aug 07 2012 at 2:33 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,940 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Well you're not going to deny a bunch of people their rights if you like them, are you? Smiley: grin

We already went over this. Their rights are not being denied. There are restrictions preventing them from fully gaining desired benefits, but their right to marry is untouched.

Eske Esquire wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Alma wrote:
Let's face reality, religious people and pro homosexual people are two of the most contradictory groups of people. They push their views on others and complain when others do the same.


Smiley: looney


He's got such a weird, myopic little view of the world.

Also, if you people insist on responding to him, spoiler tag his quotes or something. I have the dude on block for a reason. Smiley: motz

Edited, Aug 7th 2012 2:28pm by Eske


Really? Ok, please explain to me what "World Police" means in reference to the US.

How is EXPANDING on a narrow definition "Myopic"? I'm just going to assume that you didn't read my post.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#164 Aug 07 2012 at 6:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,989 posts
Fanatics are bad, regardless of their affiliation.

Always trying to convert everyone else to their point of view. The only thing worse than a fanatic is a fanatic convert. Holy **** You know the type, right? The guy/gal who quit smoking and now has to inform everyone smoking in the near vicinity that smoking is in fact unhealthy. Doesn't matter how many times you say "I know..." they just keep coming at you. "If you know, why are you still doing it?" **** because I want to! Now **** off and let me get my lung cancer in peace.

And the religious converts... god dammit, they make me so angry. "I used to live in sin, but His grace saved me" and I'm like "Good for you," but no no, it doesn't stop there. They have to try to change you as well. "Accept His love and eternal paradise will be yours!" What the **** If I'm going to start believing in invisible philanthropists, I'm going to start with Santa Claus. Why? Because he's always jolly, and because he brings me presents in exchange for cookies and milk.

Seriously, I hate fanatic converts. So much.

They're the reason I started drinking. Probably also the reason I haven't stopped.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#165 Aug 07 2012 at 6:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Mazra wrote:
And the religious converts... god dammit, they make me so angry. "I used to live in sin, but His grace saved me" and I'm like "Good for you," but no no, it doesn't stop there. They have to try to change you as well.

Yeah or the ones who are all "I used to believe in God but now I'm smart and lolinvisiblepinkunicorn and Flying Spaghetti Monster, you might as well believe in Santa Claus!", am I right? Smiley: wink2
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#166 Aug 07 2012 at 7:26 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Mazra wrote:
And the religious converts... god dammit, they make me so angry. "I used to live in sin, but His grace saved me" and I'm like "Good for you," but no no, it doesn't stop there. They have to try to change you as well.

Yeah or the ones who are all "I used to believe in God but now I'm smart and lolinvisiblepinkunicorn and Flying Spaghetti Monster, you might as well believe in Santa Claus!", am I right? Smiley: wink2

Most atheists I know won't even approach the subject of religion unless it's thrust upon them.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#167 Aug 07 2012 at 7:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Likewise for most Christians I know.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#168 Aug 07 2012 at 7:46 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
Hahahaha. Too funny.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#169 Aug 07 2012 at 8:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
You and I know different people. I can confidently and sincerely state that I've known more militant and in-your-face atheists than I have people of any organized faith. I'm happy to accept that it may be different in your neck of the woods.

I'm not saying all atheists are like the worst ones I've known, mind you.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#170 Aug 07 2012 at 8:32 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,989 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Mazra wrote:
And the religious converts... god dammit, they make me so angry. "I used to live in sin, but His grace saved me" and I'm like "Good for you," but no no, it doesn't stop there. They have to try to change you as well.

Yeah or the ones who are all "I used to believe in God but now I'm smart and lolinvisiblepinkunicorn and Flying Spaghetti Monster, you might as well believe in Santa Claus!", am I right? Smiley: wink2


Most certainly. Like I said, fanatic converts... evil. Doesn't matter if they converted to or from something.

Your wink confuses me, though. It implies sarcasm.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#171 Aug 07 2012 at 8:41 PM Rating: Good
******
43,406 posts
I've had more annoyances from dietary fascists than atheists and religious folks.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#172 Aug 07 2012 at 10:34 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,940 posts
Your surrounding places a big part. I tend to be around people who are mostly religious, so they don't really get into each others faces as much. However, the atheists that I know will conjure an argument in a heartbeat.

I remember getting in a conversation with one of my "imaginary friends" about an atheist in high school. I stated that she was insulting everyone for believing in a religion. He kept trying to fish me into a debate stating that, "well she was right". After I didn't say anything, he kept persisting asking if I heard him. I later caved, 'twas a good discussion.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#173 Aug 07 2012 at 10:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
I remember getting in a conversation with one of my "imaginary friends" about an atheist in high school. I stated that she was insulting everyone for believing in a religion. He kept trying to fish me into a debate stating that, "well she was right". After I didn't say anything, he kept persisting asking if I heard him. I later caved, 'twas a good discussion.

Reader's Digest pays for stories like that. You should mail it in to them.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#174 Aug 08 2012 at 12:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,323 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I've had more annoyances from dietary fascists than atheists and religious folks.
We talking the "carbs will kill your family and eat your babies" folks or the "you can subsist on a diet of tofu so you shouldn't eat meat because that cow has feelings, man" folks?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#175 Aug 08 2012 at 3:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I've had more annoyances from dietary fascists than atheists and religious folks.
We talking the "carbs will kill your family and eat your babies" folks or the "you can subsist on a diet of tofu so you shouldn't eat meat because that cow has feelings, man" folks?

I am sure the cow's feelings would change once it tasted a hamburger compared side by side to a tofu burger, pretty sure it would offer up its own body for the better good of mankind.
____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#176 Aug 08 2012 at 6:00 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I've had more annoyances from dietary fascists than atheists and religious folks.
We talking the "carbs will kill your family and eat your babies" folks or the "you can subsist on a diet of tofu so you shouldn't eat meat because that cow has feelings, man" folks?


The ones that I'm running into are all protein dudebros.

"You're eating fruit and veggies to diet? You're doin' it wrong, bro. You gotta have PROTEIN. Eat like 12 eggs for breakfast, man. Then 6 lbs. of chicken for lunch. Then after you work out, have a Costco-sized barrel of whey PROTEIN, and a PROTEIN shake for dinner, brah."

It's like a cult that worships amino acid. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#177 Aug 08 2012 at 6:10 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,674 posts
Protein is pretty awesome.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#178 Aug 08 2012 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,205 posts
Jophiel wrote:
You and I know different people. I can confidently and sincerely state that I've known more militant and in-your-face atheists than I have people of any organized faith.
For what it's worth, this mirrors my experiences, too. I'm sure it's much different in the Bible Belt than from where I am, though.

Edited, Aug 8th 2012 8:55am by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#179 Aug 08 2012 at 7:26 AM Rating: Good
******
43,406 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I've had more annoyances from dietary fascists than atheists and religious folks.
We talking the "carbs will kill your family and eat your babies" folks or the "you can subsist on a diet of tofu so you shouldn't eat meat because that cow has feelings, man" folks?
The argument I've heard most is the "You won't live as long unless you eat like a rabbit" one.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#180 Aug 08 2012 at 9:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,589 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Protein is pretty awesome.


Smiley: waycool
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#181 Aug 08 2012 at 9:59 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
Jophiel wrote:
You and I know different people. I can confidently and sincerely state that I've known more militant and in-your-face atheists than I have people of any organized faith. I'm happy to accept that it may be different in your neck of the woods.

I'm not saying all atheists are like the worst ones I've known, mind you.


I suppose that's fair enough, but my experience (and I suspect that of most 'Mericans) can be summed up by stating matter of factly that the number of Christian advocates that have showed up at my door trying to preach their religion far outnumbers that of atheists by at least 10-0.

That is to say, I've never had an atheist show up at my door or on my television uninvited passing out literature and church invites. Nor have I ever seen an atheist television commercial preaching the ways of non-religion. On the other hand...
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#182 Aug 08 2012 at 10:18 AM Rating: Excellent
******
26,516 posts
Every time someone says "protein" I mentally replace it with "semen."
____________________________
WILL SHOWER AND POST PICS FOR GURU
#183 Aug 08 2012 at 10:51 AM Rating: Good
******
43,406 posts
Is there anything you don't mentally replace with semen?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#184 Aug 08 2012 at 11:02 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
Protein Shakes
someproteinguy
Protein Diet
Protein shower (ok I made that one up)
#185 Aug 08 2012 at 11:08 AM Rating: Good
NixNot wrote:
Every time someone says "protein" I mentally replace it with "semen."


I physically replace it.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#186 Aug 08 2012 at 11:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,589 posts
PunkFloyd, King of Bards wrote:
NixNot wrote:
Every time someone says "protein" I mentally replace it with "semen."


I physically replace it.


Smiley: oyvey

You're supposed to take it, slice it up, ionize it, suspend it in an electrical field and smash it to bits.

Edited, Aug 8th 2012 10:22am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#187 Aug 08 2012 at 12:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
BrownDuck wrote:
I suppose that's fair enough, but my experience (and I suspect that of most 'Mericans) can be summed up by stating matter of factly that the number of Christian advocates that have showed up at my door trying to preach their religion far outnumbers that of atheists by at least 10-0.

Sure. But I don't consider "who came to my door" to be the sole determiner of who is trying to forcefully press their point of view on me. Those who ever have come to my door have been Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons. I've never had a Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist, Episcopalian, etc come visit me on some evangelical quest.

But I'm willing to admit that where we live and who we talk to means neither of us will have more than anecdotes based off our own experiences. If you're an atheist, you probably never had anyone who saw the need to tell you (for the -nth time) that you had to read "This Dawkins book that totally opened my eyes" or get visibly upset that the supposed paradox that someone who believes in God doesn't believe in seven-day creationism but rather is down with evolution. Likewise, whoever is out there saving people for the LAWRD! is likely more immediately worried about your heathen godless soul than my Catholic one.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#188 Aug 08 2012 at 12:45 PM Rating: Decent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
An editorial piece from the small Southern town that I recently moved from.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/sections/opinion/columns/child-abuse-turnout-weak-vs-chicken-day.html#.UCKqRoJAkPc.facebook

I snagged it from FaceBook and I'm on my cell so I can't be bothered to find a real link, sorry.
Quote:
CHILD ABUSE TURNOUT WEAK VS. CHICKEN DAY

Many Maury County residents are passionate about defending marriage against the threat posed to the tradition by homosexuals seeking equal rights.

They made that statement loud and clear last Wednesday by eating at a Columbia chicken restaurant. Hordes of them. Of all ages.

Lines of cars stretched around the building and into the thoroughfare. Police were needed to provide traffic control.

Local politicians were inside the restaurant, glad-handing diners and tapping into the spirit of political activism with some last-minute campaigning. A Nashville TV station even came down to report on the spectacle.

On social media, local residents bragged that they waited hours to eat at the restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, to show their support for the president of the national chicken chain, who spoke out against **** marriage.

Similar rallies were held at the chain’s other locations around the country. Local rally participants swelled with pride to have participated in such a high-profile, national political movement. They boasted about having “voted with their wallets.”

Compared to the chicken fireworks, the next day’s events (it was state primary and general Election Day across Tennessee, in case you missed it) were a ho-hum fizzle. Voting was up slightly, compared to recent August elections, but still only about 17 percent of eligible voters bothered to cast a ballot.

Judging from the numbers of diners and the excitement generated by last week’s restaurant referendum on **** marriage, one could easily conclude that many Maury County residents are now willing to go only to polling sites that exchange fried food for votes.

If that is true, then I have some more “election results” for you to consider.

On Tuesday, a different restaurant within walking distance of the chicken chain gave people the opportunity to vote with their wallets. But unlike the chicken rally, Tuesday’s event promised to have a direct financial impact on the cause restaurant patrons showed up to support.

Ruby Tuesday gave a portion of income from meals sold to The Family Center, a non-profit whose mission is preventing child abuse in our community and providing emergency financial assistance to our most needy neighbors.

I bought food at Ruby Tuesday at high noon. There was no traffic jam. No police. There was no line of eager patrons stretching around the building. There were no politicians shaking hands and making the rounds inside.

It looked like a regular lunch crowd.

I’m sure the event resulted in a nice donation for The Family Center. But how many at-risk children and down-on-their-luck people might have been helped if the turnout had been one-tenth that generated by the chicken rally?

Could it be that folks in this community really care more about preventing **** people around the country from getting married than they do for the welfare of children and the poor here at home?

I hope it’s a question of publicity rather than a question of priorities.

There’s still time to vote. You could send a contribution to The Family Center at 921 S. Beckett St., Columbia, TN 38401.

And the next time a local fundraiser is held for a worthy cause, you could show up to eat, dance or just make a donation.

Your vote counts. Spend it wisely.

◆◆◆

Chris Fletcher is editor of The Daily Herald.



Edited, Aug 8th 2012 1:47pm by Belkira
#189 Aug 08 2012 at 3:12 PM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
Belkira wrote:
An editorial piece from the small Southern town that I recently moved from.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/sections/opinion/columns/child-abuse-turnout-weak-vs-chicken-day.html#.UCKqRoJAkPc.facebook

I snagged it from FaceBook and I'm on my cell so I can't be bothered to find a real link, sorry.
Quote:
CHILD ABUSE TURNOUT WEAK VS. CHICKEN DAY

...

Could it be that folks in this community really care more about preventing **** people around the country from getting married than they do for the welfare of children and the poor here at home?

I hope it’s a question of publicity rather than a question of priorities.

More like people only care about a cause if it makes them feel better about themselves. In the Chick-fil-a case, it's the mob mentality at its worst.

Edited, Aug 8th 2012 4:14pm by BrownDuck
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#190 Aug 08 2012 at 4:08 PM Rating: Good
******
26,516 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Is there anything you don't mentally replace with semen?
Vagina. I replace that with "Character Flaw," or "Toothy Maw."
____________________________
WILL SHOWER AND POST PICS FOR GURU
#191 Aug 08 2012 at 5:27 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,462 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Belkira wrote:
An editorial piece from the small Southern town that I recently moved from.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/sections/opinion/columns/child-abuse-turnout-weak-vs-chicken-day.html#.UCKqRoJAkPc.facebook

I snagged it from FaceBook and I'm on my cell so I can't be bothered to find a real link, sorry.
Quote:
CHILD ABUSE TURNOUT WEAK VS. CHICKEN DAY

...

Could it be that folks in this community really care more about preventing **** people around the country from getting married than they do for the welfare of children and the poor here at home?

I hope it’s a question of publicity rather than a question of priorities.

More like people only care about a cause if it makes them feel better about themselves. In the Chick-fil-a case, it's the mob mentality at its worst.


Why in that case? If the same numbers of people had showed up to Ruby Tuesdays, would that have been any less a "mob mentality"? You started out with a broad statement about attendance at protests/rallies, which is fine. Cynical, but fine. But then you seemed to target just the Chick-Fil-A case as though it was somehow special or different. I'm honestly curious why you made this leap.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#192 Aug 08 2012 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,562 posts
Jophiel wrote:
You and I know different people. I can confidently and sincerely state that I've known more militant and in-your-face atheists than I have people of any organized faith. I'm happy to accept that it may be different in your neck of the woods.

Sadly have to agree with Alma on the point of your ideological position affecting your encounters.

As a theist, the **** theists aren't seeking you out to be a **** to you, they're looking for the non-theists, and vice verse. Additionally, **** only tend to be revealed as such when confronted or challenged. In the comfort of like-minded individuals, there less desire or opportunity for outbursts.

When it comes to militant atheists, I think you're more likely to find them merely loud and annoying than genuinely threatening like some militant theists. At least that's what the Irish tell me.

Edited, Aug 8th 2012 6:45pm by Allegory
#193 Aug 08 2012 at 5:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Welcome to post #187.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#194 Aug 08 2012 at 6:04 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,562 posts
With 50k posts, I'd think you'd be more familiar with forums.
#195 Aug 08 2012 at 6:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I'll accept that as your mea cupla.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#196 Aug 09 2012 at 1:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,119 posts
NixNot wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Is there anything you don't mentally replace with semen?
Vagina. I replace that with "Character Flaw," or "Toothy Maw."

____________________________
This sig better be appropriate...
#197 Aug 09 2012 at 6:02 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,989 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I'll accept that as your mea cupla.


Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#198 Aug 09 2012 at 7:24 AM Rating: Good
******
43,406 posts
Clint Eastwood. Brony.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#199 Aug 09 2012 at 8:12 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,205 posts
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
____________________________
Banh
#200 Aug 10 2012 at 2:30 AM Rating: Good
is Happy on Friday!
*****
12,443 posts
Ok, can someone please explain to me what the flying **** is going on? The **** is wrong with alma that I can't even tell what side he's on? Or is that the whole issue? Smiley: confused
____________________________
Theytak, Siren Server
LOLGAXE IS MY ETERNAL RIVAL!

Reiterpallasch wrote:
Glitterhands wrote:
Am I the only one who clicked on this thread expecting actual baby photos [of Jinte]? o.O

Except if it were baby photos, it would be like looking at before and afters of Michael Jackson. Only instead of turning into a white guy, he changes into a chick!
#201 Aug 10 2012 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
******
43,406 posts
Lady Jinte wrote:
The **** is wrong with alma that I can't even tell what side he's on?
He, like a certain conservative, is a contrarian. However, unlike said certain conservative, he's simply not very good at it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 64 All times are in CDT
Aethien, danapartin, Poldaran, ScottRono, Anonymous Guests (60)