Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

best way to get sealsFollow

#1 Jan 01 2011 at 1:50 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Hey all,

I'm a long time bst returning from about a 4 month break, so I'm a little out of the loop. I've pretty much gotten all the new af for bst (which is hideous btw) and I'm working on the hq versions. From all of your experience is there a "best" way to get a hold of these seals? The ones that drop from Dominion Ops haven't dropped for me yet, and I haven't tried any of the nms either. How are they for bst? I haven't seen any testimonials so far about bsts fighting these.

Thanks!
#2 Jan 01 2011 at 7:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
23,921 posts
Decent LINK with a bunch of info. As for the drop rates, I have had a horrid streak of bad luck.
____________________________
Rochefort Dean ~ FFXIV ARR ~ Ultros ~ DoH all @ 50
Soracloud ~ FFXI ~ RIP

Beer Advocate

Friar Tuck wrote:
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER.

#3 Jan 01 2011 at 1:21 PM Rating: Decent
**
699 posts
With a little work into other gear, BST can solo many of their seal NMs. Even a pair of -pdt Magian axes and a good Reward build (Zoraal Ja's Axe x2, Bison Warbonnet, Ogre Gloves, Monster Gaiters and some +MND gear) will suffice, but I'd also suggest meriting down Reward and Call Beast timers.

Head Seals - Kharon or Mielikki: I prefer the Kharon, although you have to pull him down by the Martello or North towards conflux OO to avoid blood aggro from the other skeletons. You have to come /SCH, /RDM or /BRD for some kind of Dispel, or his Dread Spikes will make the fight crazy difficult.

Leg Seals - Sirrush: This is by far the easiest of the three. Pull him down the cliff so that you don't link other lizards. If you have your pet tank on one side, you can stand behind him and max melee range and be out of range of Snowball/Fireball, allowing you to safely melee alongside your pet.

Feet Seals - Seps or Hrosshvalur: Haven't successfully solo'd these yet, but I'm confident it can be done. With Seps, you would be unable to melee alongside pet because of AoE Hypersleep. Use your AF body with Reward to get rid of it's strong Enpoison. I can see this being a hard fight without Call Beast timer merited down. With the pug, you could try using the Leech jug pet with a strong Regain atma to spam Suction. Not sure if you can melee outside the range of Aqua Ball or not.

I have not had experience fighting the Body or Hands NMs yet, so I can't give any suggestions. Also, Kharon and Hrosshvalur also drop SMN seals, and are both soloable by SMN, so you may get try to Team Up with one.
#4 Jan 01 2011 at 1:44 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,815 posts
@#%^ sh*t @#%^ER BRYGIT AGAIN @#%^ @#%^ FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edited, Jan 1st 2011 2:48pm by Pawkeshup
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#5 Jan 01 2011 at 2:37 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
thanks deranged! That's some good info. I'll let you guys know how my solo adventures turn out.
#6 Jan 02 2011 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
272 posts
DerangedBlue wrote:
Feet Seals - Seps or Hrosshvalur: Haven't successfully solo'd these yet, but I'm confident it can be done.


I have soloed Seps several times with Yuly using RR, Vicissitude, and Mounted Champion atmas. Have to use 3-4 Zetas each fight (sometimes to heal, sometimes to wake him up) but have never had to call a 2nd Yuly. Use Spiral Spin whenever it is up and Seps will barely be able to hit him. I was standing too close one time and we both got slept; Seps missed Yuly 12 consecutive times.

The good news is I'm 4/8 on SCH seals. The bad news is my SCH is only 50 and will never be any higher than that; give me my BST and RDM seals!!
____________________________
Free Tibet!*

*With purchase of an additional Tibet of equal or greater value
#7 Jan 03 2011 at 4:25 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,098 posts
In my own experience, You get seals just as quickly doing quests as you do killing nm's solo. If you have a full party willing to spam the NM and you are not competing for the same seal, I think this is the fastest way.

I have spam killed kharon over and over, I have enough seals for rng and smn head pieces easily. I only have 1/2 what I need for bst and blu.

as far as time investment for solo... quests work just as well.

edit: a full pt should also be well equiped to proc grellow !!

Edited, Jan 3rd 2011 5:27am by Xilk
____________________________
Server: Bahamut
90BST|90BLU
LS: MONSTERSINC

Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
--Beastmaster Forever--
#8 Jan 03 2011 at 5:28 AM Rating: Good
*
79 posts
Quote:
You have to come /SCH, /RDM or /BRD for some kind of Dispel, or his Dread Spikes will make the fight crazy difficult.

It's very easily do-able without dispel, just disengage until it wears off, it doesn't last that long. At CF#00 there is a small gap between two rocks which you can pass through and monsters cannot, I used to melee alongside my pet using meds and a regen atma to keep my HP up, when/if he killed my pet I would kite around the rock using charm to maintain hate and Bora Axe everytime my TP reached 100% (Regain atma ofc). Once I gained access to a third Atma with Pet Food Zetas and a Healing Salve he was never able to kill two of my pets before I could down him which means I could melee the whole fight and take him down fairly quickly (Note: I have minimal pet PDT or Eva. however my melee gear is pretty decent, I would think pet Eva./PDT gear will make easier than a good DD set would).
Quote:
new af for bst (which is hideous btw)

Oh come on, the helm is cool?
Quote:
I have spam killed kharon over and over, I have enough seals for rng and smn head pieces easily. I only have 1/2 what I need for bst and blu.

as far as time investment for solo... quests work just as well.

Have you seen the quest for BST head seals?
#9 Jan 03 2011 at 8:53 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,098 posts
Attaxia wrote:
Quote:
You have to come /SCH, /RDM or /BRD for some kind of Dispel, or his Dread Spikes will make the fight crazy difficult.

It's very easily do-able without dispel, just disengage until it wears off, it doesn't last that long. At CF#00 there is a small gap between two rocks which you can pass through and monsters cannot, I used to melee alongside my pet using meds and a regen atma to keep my HP up, when/if he killed my pet I would kite around the rock using charm to maintain hate and Bora Axe everytime my TP reached 100% (Regain atma ofc). Once I gained access to a third Atma with Pet Food Zetas and a Healing Salve he was never able to kill two of my pets before I could down him which means I could melee the whole fight and take him down fairly quickly (Note: I have minimal pet PDT or Eva. however my melee gear is pretty decent, I would think pet Eva./PDT gear will make easier than a good DD set would).
Quote:
new af for bst (which is hideous btw)

Oh come on, the helm is cool?
Quote:
I have spam killed kharon over and over, I have enough seals for rng and smn head pieces easily. I only have 1/2 what I need for bst and blu.

as far as time investment for solo... quests work just as well.

Have you seen the quest for BST head seals?


Yes, I have, and farming them stinx.. which Is why I use blue to fight amoeban. or make sure to hit the d/c versions and not the vt's. Amoeban suck.
____________________________
Server: Bahamut
90BST|90BLU
LS: MONSTERSINC

Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
--Beastmaster Forever--
#10 Jan 03 2011 at 11:40 AM Rating: Decent
**
699 posts
Quote:
It's very easily do-able without dispel, just disengage until it wears off, it doesn't last that long. At CF#00 there is a small gap between two rocks which you can pass through and monsters cannot, I used to melee alongside my pet using meds and a regen atma to keep my HP up, when/if he killed my pet I would kite around the rock using charm to maintain hate and Bora Axe everytime my TP reached 100% (Regain atma ofc). Once I gained access to a third Atma with Pet Food Zetas and a Healing Salve he was never able to kill two of my pets before I could down him which means I could melee the whole fight and take him down fairly quickly (Note: I have minimal pet PDT or Eva. however my melee gear is pretty decent, I would think pet Eva./PDT gear will make easier than a good DD set would).


1.) What are your recast timers on Call Beast and Reward (are they merited down/do you use Bison Warbonnet for Reward).

2.) What atmas did you use? (I'm going to guess VV, either RR/Stout Arm/C&D, and Mounted Champion)
#11 Jan 03 2011 at 12:06 PM Rating: Good
*
79 posts
Quote:
1.) What are your recast timers on Call Beast and Reward (are they merited down/do you use Bison Warbonnet for Reward).

No merits in reward recast, I took them out when they gave us "Ready", and yes I do use the Warbonnet. Call Beast is merited fully which puts it at 4:10 iirc. Call beast merits are redundant for this since I wait out the timer before poping the NM.
Quote:
2.) What atmas did you use? (I'm going to guess VV, either RR/Stout Arm/C&D, and Mounted Champion)
Razed Ruins, Voracious Viloet and Vissitude, the most important being Vissitude to maintain your hp, your pet also benefits from this regen which is an awesome bonus.
#12 Jan 03 2011 at 11:14 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,026 posts
Quote:
I have soloed Seps several times with Yuly using RR, Vicissitude, and Mounted Champion atmas. Have to use 3-4 Zetas each fight (sometimes to heal, sometimes to wake him up) but have never had to call a 2nd Yuly. Use Spiral Spin whenever it is up and Seps will barely be able to hit him. I was standing too close one time and we both got slept; Seps missed Yuly 12 consecutive times.

The good news is I'm 4/8 on SCH seals. The bad news is my SCH is only 50 and will never be any higher than that; give me my BST and RDM seals!!


Seps is a pretty easy solo. Only need 1 Yuly with RR, Mounted Champion, and Apparition (ironically dropped by Seps himself), but then I don't have any Evasion atma better than that. Can substitute Healing Salves for healing though and save some money.

Oh...and absolutely no fighting with your pet :( Kind of makes it a boring solo actually.
____________________________
李張明 85/ RDM BST SCH
#13 Jan 04 2011 at 12:54 AM Rating: Decent
**
699 posts
Quote:
Apparition (ironically dropped by Seps himself)


Cloak & Dagger*
#14 Jan 04 2011 at 2:28 AM Rating: Good
**
416 posts
Quote:
Seps is a pretty easy solo. Only need 1 Yuly with RR, Mounted Champion, and Apparition (ironically dropped by Seps himself), but then I don't have any Evasion atma better than that. Can substitute Healing Salves for healing though and save some money.

Oh...and absolutely no fighting with your pet :( Kind of makes it a boring solo actually.


I heard that the sleep move is an AoE gaze move so you can turn around. I haven't tried that yet and still don't have my BST feet.
____________________________
Bayan of Bahamut

www.thezeitgeistmovement.com
The Monetary System is going down.
Get ready for the Scientific Method.
#15 Jan 04 2011 at 5:21 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,026 posts
We're talking about BST here, but unfortunately, most of us have more than 1 job, so I'm also wondering what I can solo for RDM seals. Head seals in particular. It looks to me like the best bet is Pallid Percy, but anybody else give him a try yet? None of the SCH head seal NMs sound soloable though.

Quote:
Cloak & Dagger*


Don't have. :(

Edited, Jan 4th 2011 6:23am by Ketaru
____________________________
李張明 85/ RDM BST SCH
#16 Jan 04 2011 at 11:34 AM Rating: Decent
**
699 posts
Quote:
We're talking about BST here, but unfortunately, most of us have more than 1 job, so I'm also wondering what I can solo for RDM seals. Head seals in particular. It looks to me like the best bet is Pallid Percy, but anybody else give him a try yet? None of the SCH head seal NMs sound soloable though.


Yeah it will have to be Percy the. Warbler and the Cockatrice both spam petrify moves. I have no experience fighting the Doomed NM at all, not just on BST. Does it just spam attacks too fast from the Store TP?
#17 Jan 04 2011 at 12:18 PM Rating: Good
***
1,434 posts
Quote:
Yeah it will have to be Percy the. Warbler and the Cockatrice both spam petrify moves. I have no experience fighting the Doomed NM at all, not just on BST. Does it just spam attacks too fast from the Store TP?

Gaizkin? Yeah, you/your pet hit it or it hits your pet/you during or right after tp move, it can tp move again. But it stands still for a second after using tp move, so technically you could stand on the other side of that little bridge, and when you see tp move, heel fast. By the time Gaizkin reaches you, tp spammage mode should be over. I used that strategy on dnc when I was solo to make sure it couldn't do double abyss blasts and oneshot me.

As for Percy... mudstream move could be the end of you. Since it does dmg, bind and heavy magic defense down, and Percy will almost always use -ga 3 right after it. Mudstream can be stunned tho, so maybe /dnc would be of use there? As a side note, rdm/nin can dot/nuke kite Wherwetrice. It's godawful slow and annoying tho.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (20)