After playing the game for near 3 months, I still don't know exactly what I want to be with my advanced Job. I don't think I wanna continue being a Thief because it's so annoying trying to tell my group to stop *#@!ing moving around, or provoking at the wrong time, just so I can Sneak Attack... so I don't think I wanna continue being a Thief.
Anyways, I think I eventually chose Ranger, but then there's the problem of the Sub-job. I got thinking and I'm thinking I might sub a Monk. I'll list my Pro's for why I'd do this.
1. You could use Hand-to-Hand without the Delay penalty.
2. If using Hand-to-Hand, you get two attacks for faster TP gain.
3. Boost would (should) help your Ranged shots, and it's re-usable very often, a major plus.
4. The added HP wouldn't be too bad for a Ranger to have.
5. (Sort of my own Pro, other people probably couldn't care less.) I play in Third Person, and if I'm a Monk, I can use the Hand-to-Hand weapons, so I don't have a Shield equipped, cause when you fire your bow, it looks goofy if there's a Shield in the way. (See? I told ya you probably didn't care.)
Though I realize that #5 could be acquired with a Ninja too... but I still think I'm gonna try a RNG/MNK.
What do you guys think of this?