SE doesn't favor Griffin claw.
ITT: Losing 25% of max HP has no affect on SE damage.
Spill over doesn't lower weapon skill frequency, it actually adds more to melee damage
It doesn't lower WS frequency, it lowers the expected gain in WS frequency though.
Both setups will be doing self Darkness
actual WS damage is not far off from each other.
Only on mobs with high defense that you can't cap or get damn near it on, relatively rare in abyssea btw, and have a decent level correction function.
Where griffin claw gets close in damage self SCing can't happen so thats a terrible point.
Wut? I guess you're saying GC is only close in trash mobs where Self SC isn't useable. It still provides large benefits on higher level mobs do to SE damage boost being a larger part of damage, and self SCs. Your own arguments turned against you.
That one mob you pointed out earlier, the 560 defense mob, with just dia II and LR you're capped on him 72% of the time with only minimal outside assistance, that you couldn't be doing without.
In abyssea you have a sh*tload of DD buffs from medicines and the methods of adding DEF down have spread since back in the day. BLUs are extremely common in Abyssea groups, as well as DNC and /DNC. Just sticking a frightful roar would pretty much put you at cap full time with lvl 95 stats. Making it -25% HP and 10% TA vs 20% WS damage. Oh, btw, GC is only 30 attack behind A&O.
Not sure why you prefer your speculation over the math. You haven't provided a single piece/point to back your argument you are just nit picking mine and not doing a good job of it.
I prefer speculation when dealing with speculation and math when dealing with controls. Even then I prefer math that isn't touted as the be all end all and absolutely right by a napkinmathing @#%^tard that leaves sh*t out left and right.
Lets just go over the errors in your "math":
1) You did an "exact" values test on a a speculation subject. That's just a douche move to start.
2) You did the test with lvl 90 stats when speaking of a level 95 weapon.
3) You don't have a real target. You have a "guess" at the "average" target's stats. Doing specific numbers off of guesstimated values is stupid.
4) You neglect part of the argument and a portion of the damage because you either don't know how to account for it, or because it doesn't fit your argument: SE damage boost and Dread Spikes.
5) You're neglecting "intangibles" because they can't be explained with napkin math, they must not exist.
6) You even did the numbers, the ones you bothered to do, wrong. You forgot to count the 10skill from GC.
7) If it were a 150% bonus, GC would be slaughtering A&O. It's a 50% bonus goddammit, a 1.50 multiplier. A 150% bonus would be a 2.50 multiplier.
I'm not going to respond with math on a speculative subject because it's @#%^ing stupid. You're trying to be exact while predicting the @#%^ing future. Can you really not see why it's stupid for you to math it up in this situation? You have no argument. I'm not nitpicking I'm pointing out your argument is a cluster @#%^ of fail.
Future changes that would invalidate all math done now completely:
Augments to Apoc.
Changes to Job Specific Merits.
Changes to stat growth.
Dark Celerity/Absorb buffs.
New Job Traits.
New Job Abilities.
Badass hidden effects figured out that change something.
WS rebalancing/changes: For example, all WSs could be made to crit.
Actual Abyssea stats put out.