Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The D.R.K Club (FFXIV: Woes and Wonderments) Follow

#8802 Jul 14 2013 at 12:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
780 posts
On aegis, moving to sargatanas
#8803 Jul 14 2013 at 12:28 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
780 posts
Double post phone fail

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 2:30am by Finuve
#8804 Jul 15 2013 at 6:19 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
We could try and get on the same server?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#8805 Jul 16 2013 at 8:04 AM Rating: Good
***
2,227 posts
I've got friends that want to play on Diabolos so I'm heading there. Also I hope to just see random familiar names from back in the ffxi days.
____________________________
[ffxisig]188740[/ffxisig]
Busa's Cloth Guide 1-100
Zaredx wrote:
Gjallihorn + Carnwenhan = Green Ranger's Flute! DRAGONZORD!
#8806 Jul 16 2013 at 8:23 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
I wanted to play on Figaro, but noooooo...
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#8807 Jul 16 2013 at 9:21 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,043 posts
Diabolos is the server that the douchebags from BG are going to be on. It's the one server that I'm avoiding.
#8808 Jul 18 2013 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,507 posts
oh hey, our manthra's back!

and yeah, my wife is in the 14beta. says it's pretty decent. i may play once it's out (who are we kidding, we all know i'll buy it and play it for three weeks and **** about it).

i keep wanting to re-install TERA and kick something in the junk, but have been putting it off.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8809 Jul 18 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
780 posts
gigasnail wrote:
oh hey, our manthra's back!

and yeah, my wife is in the 14beta. says it's pretty decent. i may play once it's out (who are we kidding, we all know i'll buy it and play it for three weeks and **** about it).

i keep wanting to re-install TERA and kick something in the junk, but have been putting it off.
install JP PSO2, kick things in the junk and have fun doing it!
#8810 Aug 09 2013 at 10:08 PM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
Hello darkness, my old friend,
Ive come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.


Long time no see DRK forum.
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#8811 Aug 11 2013 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Who the **** are you?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#8812 Aug 12 2013 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Who the **** are you?


A drunk with a penchant for hitting things with a sword?
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#8813 Aug 12 2013 at 10:57 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
You'll fit right in. So long as you remember the rules. See page 1.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#8814 Aug 12 2013 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
I posted my redhead long ago and even got to witness Sara's big reveal. Sadly then my computer fried and prior obligations prevented me from getting another until now. That and the drinking and redheaded ex.

____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#8815 Aug 12 2013 at 4:29 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Well welcome back nooblet!
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#8816 Aug 13 2013 at 2:46 AM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
D'aww thanks<3
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#8817 Aug 13 2013 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
780 posts
well, seekers has left my Linkshell with 3 members....
#8818 Aug 16 2013 at 4:39 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
D:
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#8819 Aug 18 2013 at 9:20 PM Rating: Good
***
3,507 posts
friends and family and old LS mates trying to log onto 14 tonight as i laugh maniacally at their pain and frustration.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8820 Aug 23 2013 at 10:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,327 posts
I would possibly consider giving XIV a go if all of my friends weren't now on separate servers. It is way too much pressure to choose just one!
____________________________
drk = 80 sam = 76
pld = 79 thf= 80
nin = 80 drg = 75
mnk = 76 war = 52

Retired for now ^ **** you Abyssea. FFXIV woo eh..
milich wrote:
buttfucking
#8821 Aug 23 2013 at 11:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,327 posts
So ... how bout dat batfleck?

I for one applaud the move. This is going to be a hella interesting movie, even if he sucks it'll be great to watch.
____________________________
drk = 80 sam = 76
pld = 79 thf= 80
nin = 80 drg = 75
mnk = 76 war = 52

Retired for now ^ **** you Abyssea. FFXIV woo eh..
milich wrote:
buttfucking
#8822 Aug 24 2013 at 8:53 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,507 posts
yeah so i decided to get 14. bought a pre-order. can't even download it. no codes included in the email. beyond retarded. i realized i haven't been this mad since the last time i played 11. man, they REALLY got this nostalgia thing down to a science...
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8823 Aug 24 2013 at 10:11 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,507 posts
update: after indulging in snarling rageoholism for most of today, i finally said **** YOU and canceled my order. my mistake, humorously enough (aside from contemplating playing this **** at all) was that i bought the game directly from SE. i re-ordered from amazon and got my early access download codes in under 1 minute.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8824 Aug 24 2013 at 10:40 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,043 posts
All the cool people are playing on Ultros.
#8825 Aug 25 2013 at 8:09 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
LordFaramir wrote:
So ... how bout dat batfleck? I for one applaud the move. This is going to be a hella interesting movie, even if he sucks it'll be great to watch.
I guess he is going to have acting, writing, and directing roles for the movie. I was not expecting anything good when I heard he would play Batman, but I do think he's a good writer/director, so I might actually watch this one. I got that backwards, he's writing/directing Man of Steel 2. I have no confidence in Batfleck.

FFXIV: I should have known better to expect to have a straight 48 hour access to FFXIV this weekend. Their servers keep having troubles, but it's nothing different from any other MMO launch.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 9:25am by xypin
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#8826 Aug 31 2013 at 7:08 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,507 posts
wife's been trying to log on for the last 6 hours and is most displeased. the new servers are supposed to be running on wenesday. game is really good, it makes me sick to say this but you should all try it after they get their **** straight.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8827 Aug 31 2013 at 9:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,327 posts
I thought by now people would have learnt not to trust an MMO's servers to work just fine on launch. Seriously, has that ever happened? Launch's are giant suckfests. Not to mention everyone at the exact same level trying to do the exact same content. Wait a week, chill your beans, get far better opening experience.
____________________________
drk = 80 sam = 76
pld = 79 thf= 80
nin = 80 drg = 75
mnk = 76 war = 52

Retired for now ^ **** you Abyssea. FFXIV woo eh..
milich wrote:
buttfucking
#8828 Aug 31 2013 at 10:38 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,043 posts
But the game is awesome and must be played. Just don't try to play it before 10:00PM EST if you aren't already logged in.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 12:41am by Turin
#8829 Aug 31 2013 at 11:05 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,507 posts
what, people **** because they paid for a service they're not getting? /shocking i know. of course you expect general nuttiness the first couple of days of a launch. only, this isn't a launch, and it's been the same problem for over a week now. it's a 2nd chance for their 150 million dollar steaming pile of **** or however much the total is now after the year of re-working. you'd have figured they'd have erred on the side of caution since yoshi's said repeatedly money was no object to making this work.

all lolSE aside, once they get through this they're going to have a monster on their hands. the game is stupid good. i hate this company and had sworn not to give them another nickle.

i'm still playing it if that tells you anything.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8830 Sep 01 2013 at 8:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
Actually they just paid for the game, they haven't paid for any service and won't be for an extra seven days now.

Definitely taking a free transfer if I can get one though. It's 7am PST and it's like the login sh*tstorm never stopped. If they'd just keep the queue working and locked out people who spammed through it... Letting the queue break down leads to making people spam to get in and results in ten times as many requests, which just breaks the system even worse. Fix the f*cking queues and the traffic will be cut by a magnitude that the lobby server won't **** itself every hour.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 7:32am by Raelix
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#8831 Sep 01 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,507 posts
true enough i guess, but fairly irrelevant. you dont' buy a game to install it and look at the login screen.

well, maybe you do if you buy SE.

so got DC'd last night, woke up to the black screen of doom. logged on, NO SERVERS FOR JOOOOOO. got to love it.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8832 Sep 02 2013 at 8:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,327 posts
Masochists. ;)

Maybe I'll give this all a go when the login problems are fixed - it's free to get ARR if you bought Version 1.0 right?
____________________________
drk = 80 sam = 76
pld = 79 thf= 80
nin = 80 drg = 75
mnk = 76 war = 52

Retired for now ^ **** you Abyssea. FFXIV woo eh..
milich wrote:
buttfucking
#8833 Sep 02 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,507 posts
yeah, you just register and DL the client and all. game is boss.

you'll get to find out real quick who has tanked/healed in other MMO besides ff11. i'm so glad i was in tera even for as long as i was.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2013 1:31pm by gigasnail
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8834 Sep 04 2013 at 6:32 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Yeah I'm gonna play XIV when I get my new laptop I think.

What server are we on? Smiley: tongue

Also I still love the quote in Raelix's sig.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#8835 Sep 04 2013 at 11:24 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
Was on Ultros, Hyabusa is on Diabolos, but both are so locked down, **** 'em.

Get on the new one, Famfrit.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#8836 Sep 04 2013 at 4:06 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,043 posts
Ultros is the zam server of choice. There is a zam LS that I didn't bother joining, but they must have a pretty decent number of members, I see them all the time. I'm in a small shell with a few people from =22. I just logged on a few minutes ago and got right in without even getting queued. It might be too early to tell, but for the moment at least it seems that the maintenance took care of the log in problems.
#8837 Sep 04 2013 at 8:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
780 posts
im on sargatanas, ported my 50MNK over from 1.0
#8838 Sep 04 2013 at 10:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
Turin wrote:
I just logged on a few minutes ago and got right in without even getting queued.

Says nothing of creating a character, which is easily the bigger issue.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#8839 Sep 08 2013 at 5:19 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
FFXIV community finally figured out that the game is grindy. It's like hearing casuals **** about FFXI all over again and the sound is absolutely wonderful.

Edited, Sep 8th 2013 9:38pm by xypin
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#8840 Sep 09 2013 at 12:47 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,507 posts
yeah but it doesn't feel like i'm abrading my face with an industrial grinder sort of grind.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#8841 Sep 09 2013 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
******
43,382 posts
xypin wrote:
FFXIV community finally figured out that the game is grindy.
A Final Fantasy game? Grindy? Why, I am aghast at this revelation. It comes as a complete shock. SHOCK I say.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#8842 Sep 09 2013 at 4:07 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,043 posts
Anyone the thinks XIV is grindy clearly never played XI. In the time that it takes you to get to max level in XIV, you might be able to get yourself one piece of decent gear from XI.

Edited, Sep 9th 2013 6:08pm by Turin
#8843 Sep 09 2013 at 4:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
More like hit maybe level 30 pre-GoV.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#8844 Sep 09 2013 at 8:09 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,382 posts
Turin wrote:
Anyone the thinks XIV is grindy clearly never played XI.
So your defense is that because there's a more grindy game, that the grind in the new game is okay. Congratulations, you're a beaten wife.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#8845 Sep 10 2013 at 9:15 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
780 posts
14 is grindy???
180k a pop from a FATE at level 40+ is like leveling in abyssea
#8846 Sep 13 2013 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
I can't wait for my new laptop so I can play. :3
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#8847 Sep 15 2013 at 4:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Anyone know how FFXI is faring after the launch of FFXIV? I don't expect FFXI to be dead, but I am curious if there is a notable missing chuck of players from the game.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#8848 Sep 15 2013 at 6:43 PM Rating: Excellent
The one real problem with XIV as far as leveling goes is that once you've exhausted the quests in an area on one job, that's it. You can't level another job through that area and have the quests available to you, so you're stuck more doing FATES and leves, and that slows down your leveling a good bit. It'd be nice if the quests could be repeated once per job, but after the first time you've done it, you can only get the exp reward from it (so no meds, gear, etc). That way you wouldn't need to choose whether or not to skip an entire region when leveling since you don't want to use their quests for your one job.
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points


My thoughts and reviews on all sorts of sci-fi stuff...and things.
#8849 Sep 16 2013 at 5:48 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Eh, I'm ok with how quests work right now. I like how the game makes it great for casual players to step into end game (even if the culture is toxic), but still puts forth a bit of a grind for those that want to be more dedicated.

I'd like to see dungeons give a little more xp to be competitive with FATEs and guildhest fights need to offer the bonus xp for each class you take into it.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#8850 Sep 16 2013 at 7:55 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,043 posts
I was in a dungeon yesterday and was getting 1000+ exp per kill, how much exp do you want from them?
#8851 Sep 16 2013 at 10:17 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Reducing FATE xp would be ok with me instead... I hardly care about leveling fast, I just think the optimal methods should require group tactics, not slash and burn mentality.

Though I guess if that became the best path, you would be more likely to run into @#%^s, so maybe that's not a good plan.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:38pm by xypin
____________________________
Signature starts here.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 10 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (10)