Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

New drk only spells comin^^Follow

#1 Nov 16 2007 at 8:24 PM Rating: Good
**
737 posts
As some one posted from fanfestival that drks will get new spells. No actual info on what the spells are but we have a few days to toss out some ideas now. Yay for aspir2 and maybe en-spell :P

This was said so far:
Dark Knight
Design concept was attacker with magic. More dark magic specific spells for use in battle.



Edited, Nov 16th 2007 11:32pm by WeakElvaanBLM
____________________________
Black Mage 75 Dark Knight 75 Corsair 75 Paladin 75 Hades/Remora

lolbst
Asier wrote:
They're just upset that we can charm their girlfriends and solo their moms.


Blm
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180538

Drk
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?176787
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180544

Cor
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?183647

Pld
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?194400
#2 Nov 17 2007 at 12:27 AM Rating: Decent
*
119 posts
Make DRK the ONLY job to get TP by casting spells .. then I think most of us will be happy about using spells during .. any time as DRK's...
____________________________
Have fun and be strong.
#3 Nov 17 2007 at 3:03 AM Rating: Good
***
3,003 posts
We can probably guess the spells since we know they're going to be DRK specific and Dark Magic Based, as Dark Magic falls into several catagories: Absorbs, Vampirism, Enfeebling, and, the newest branch, Enhancing.



There aren't many things left for us to steal with absorbs so if there are new absorb line spells:

Absorb-Speed: Increases attack speed of caster and reduces the attack speed of the target.

Absorb-Enhancement: Steals one of the target's beneficial staus effects.



We've pretty much got the basics of Vampirism with Drain and Aspir, so if they added Vampiric like spells:


Aspir II: The most obviously expected spell.

Drainga

Aspirga



Of the "Enfeebling" category, while absorbs fit into this technically, we pretty much have just Bios. If there's a new spell it probably won't be of Bio line (Unless bioga orz):

Defensive break: Lowers target's defense.

Terror: Obvious what it does, but doubt this would be implemented.



Enhancing is the newest category of Dark Magic(Absorbs technically fit here too), with its only representative being Dread Spikes. If there are new spells in this line:

Endark/Endrain: Really obvious/possible choices for DRK. Fits the DRK playstyle.

Dread Spikes II: Possibly an additional spell. May have longer duration and higher hp%, used with the original to shore up the problems with it. Unlikely though.

Dark Spikes: Deal Darkness Damage, it's edge over dread spikes is that it would cost about as much as normal spike spells, last as longer, and shorter recast. Unlikely, but sure as **** more likely than Dread Spikes II.



Aside from that, they could add a line of DRK only Dark Magic nukes.




I'm not saying that the **** I listed will all be used, but it they're giving DRK new Dark Magic, the spells will probably look something like one of those things listed.
#4 Nov 17 2007 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
128 posts
Quote:
There aren't many things left for us to steal with absorbs so if there are new absorb line spells:

Absorb-Speed: Increases attack speed of caster and reduces the attack speed of the target.

Absorb-Enhancement: Steals one of the target's beneficial staus effects.



Absorb-Attack and/or Defense/Evasion/Accuracy would be nice. Although slightly overpowered if too potent.

Edited, Nov 17th 2007 3:06pm by TheBadGuy
#5 Nov 17 2007 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
668 posts
Quote:
Absorb-Attack and/or Defense/Evasion/Accuracy


It's called Absorb-DEX,STR,AGI,VIT

Dex being acc, str being attack, agi being evasion and vit being def.... Pretty much the same ****.
____________________________
Xeraph-Gilgamesh-75[NIN][SAM][DRK(Retired)]
#6 Nov 17 2007 at 6:38 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,076 posts
Absorb-SPD, slows enemy while hasting the DRK. I can dream can't I?

Edit: Fixed mah spellin.

Edited, Nov 18th 2007 4:01am by TurinAlexander
#7 Nov 17 2007 at 7:16 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
128 posts
Quote:
It's called Absorb-DEX,STR,AGI,VIT

Dex being acc, str being attack, agi being evasion and vit being def.... Pretty much the same sh*t.


Being pretty much the same and being the same, isn't the same thing.
#8 Nov 17 2007 at 8:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
692 posts
/recast "Curse"

I know it's been in there for awhile... but it's a possibility.
#9 Nov 17 2007 at 11:57 PM Rating: Decent
18 posts
Quote:
Absorbe-SPD, slows enemy while hasting the DRK. I can dream can't I?

Nap, brb


This does seem like a legit spell though.
#10 Nov 18 2007 at 4:04 AM Rating: Good
***
3,507 posts
no way abs speed would happen, they'd have to be out of thier **** minds.

or if it did happen, they'd nerf it in a week.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#11 Nov 18 2007 at 4:29 AM Rating: Good
**
550 posts
gigasnail wrote:
no way abs speed would happen, they'd have to be out of thier **** minds.

or if it did happen, they'd nerf it in a week.




Yeah with the Rune chopper zergs Drks are already pulling off I dont think SE would hand drk some thing like that.

But I guess you never know drk did get absorb TP.

Edited, Nov 18th 2007 7:30am by PiMpStIcKone
____________________________
Arkzein wrote:
reading it is like snorting unicorn giggles.


TheTomas wrote:
sneak attack now works only from the front... gogo /surprisefacesex

#12 Nov 18 2007 at 7:01 AM Rating: Good
***
3,507 posts
abs tp is fairly useful but not overpowered. it's mostly useless on anything big anyway, and i've found it's not really worth the trouble to click off hasso and cast it in merit most times as well. the return on it is just not great. it has its uses, but it's not the beast it was before its nerf. abs speed would be absurd. with dark seal, you could land it on most big mobs and i suppose it'd be a question of: do i want DS + drain II for my +hp build on souleater/DB zerg, or do i want more haste if perhaps we're short handed for w/e reason and i'm not getting haste spell cast on me?

then again, if it's like most of the absorb spells (i.e. mostly useless on anything you'd actually want it on, just useful in merit) it may very well be worth it, and not too unbalanced.

with anything SE comes up with, it just depends on how hard they nerf it after they find drk are capping magical haste in xp pt 100% of the time.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#13 Nov 18 2007 at 9:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
185 posts
I don't see why Absorb-SPD couldn't work, as long as it didn't stack with the spell Haste. Then you wouldn't be breaking any of the current limits, but it would be a nice Haste for you and Slow on the enemy in situations where you either can't or aren't getting hasted.
#14 Nov 18 2007 at 9:31 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,003 posts
Quote:
abs speed would be absurd. with dark seal, you could land it on most big mobs and i suppose it'd be a question of: do i want DS + drain II for my +hp build on souleater/DB zerg, or do i want more haste if perhaps we're short handed for w/e reason and i'm not getting haste spell cast on me?


If you're in a Zerg, You already have capped magic Haste, rendering the spell useless. If you're not getting a Haste in a zerg, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Quote:
with anything SE comes up with, it just depends on how hard they nerf it after they find drk are capping magical haste in xp pt 100% of the time


It's already possible to cap magical haste in parties full time. It's not really cost friendly, but it is possible. On top of that, they're giving DNC another form of Haste, meaning everyone could have capped magical Haste.
#15 Nov 18 2007 at 9:33 AM Rating: Default
***
3,003 posts
Quote:
I don't see why Absorb-SPD couldn't work, as long as it didn't stack with the spell Haste.


Way to make the spell useless lol. Seriously, it's not broken as it's already possible, and it's going to be made more common apparently.
#16 Nov 18 2007 at 10:30 AM Rating: Good
***
3,507 posts
exactly...which is why i said it'd most likely be useless outside of merit.



Edited, Nov 18th 2007 1:32pm by gigasnail
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#17 Nov 18 2007 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
**
737 posts
Instead or a drain/absorb spell I would really like to see some sort of dark based damage spell. Im guessing drain is equivalent to banish so make something thats like holy but doesn't suck. But I really would likee n-dark.
____________________________
Black Mage 75 Dark Knight 75 Corsair 75 Paladin 75 Hades/Remora

lolbst
Asier wrote:
They're just upset that we can charm their girlfriends and solo their moms.


Blm
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180538

Drk
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?176787
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180544

Cor
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?183647

Pld
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?194400
#18 Nov 18 2007 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
**
550 posts
An en spell would be cool but I dont see that happening as every rdm across all servers would be screaming that there feet are being steped on.
____________________________
Arkzein wrote:
reading it is like snorting unicorn giggles.


TheTomas wrote:
sneak attack now works only from the front... gogo /surprisefacesex

#19 Nov 18 2007 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
***
3,003 posts
We already have the precedent of Dark Magic being Enhancing Magic when the base element is Darkness, Dread Spikes, so I can see Endark/Endrain being DRK only. I could also see Enlight being PLD only.

SE did say there wear going to be new spells or all jobs and all DRK spells are going to be DRK specific. I like casting as a DRK, Dark Magic and being The Original- melee Caster is what draws me into DRK, so I'm loving the potential for more offensive magic. Especially since, outside of stat absorbs, Dark Magic is ounce for ounce the strongest magic in the game. If you look at the Damage/MP ratio, Dark magic is well over 10 times stronger than any nuke in the game. I want to see if SE will continue with win Dark Magic has delivered as a whole.

So we know DRK is getting more than one spell. I'm hoping for Aspir II, a New Absorb, and an En-spell.

That's wishful thinking, but if we only got a new nuke line, I'd hope for medium recast spells (Thik Stun or Drain 45-60 sec recast), that dealt 2-3 times an average Scythe hit. 3-4 second casting time, 25-50 mp cost, 25mp being the first tier and 50mp being a second tier. Make them scale like Drain.
#20 Nov 18 2007 at 8:08 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,633 posts
Just going to add my 2 cents. . . Aspir II would be cool and seems fairly likely, endrain or endark would be a little more exciting to me simply because I would use it more and I definately feel that a DRK's magic is just to make they're melee better so it's only natural to have an en- spell. Not to mention if it has an ok procrate it could really add up and take a lil off the sting off it when they nerf 2 handers down a touch. . .
____________________________
Mistress Darqflame wrote:
Sorry, anything representing or remotely resembling a **** is a nono.
gigasnail wrote:
i'm lighting the freak signal here, sara help me out ~
Redding wrote:
Same ol' Sara now with 50% less hidden ****
#21 Nov 18 2007 at 8:27 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,076 posts
While I can see them adding Aspir II, I really have no use for it. Between Parade Gorget, Plastron, and Sanction, I never have to cast Aspir anymore. Having a stronger version of it would just be another spell I wouldn't use.

Edited, Nov 18th 2007 11:28pm by TurinAlexander
#22 Nov 18 2007 at 9:18 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,633 posts
Quote:
While I can see them adding Aspir II, I really have no use for it. Between Parade Gorget, Plastron, and Sanction, I never have to cast Aspir anymore. Having a stronger version of it would just be another spell I wouldn't use.


That was honestly my original thought too, but i wouldnt really mind it eaither, sometimes skilling or soloing in non sanction areas ill get kind of low on mp, and then if they make it good enough it could be pretty nice PVP . . . again wouldnt be uite as exciteing but I wouldn't mind
____________________________
Mistress Darqflame wrote:
Sorry, anything representing or remotely resembling a **** is a nono.
gigasnail wrote:
i'm lighting the freak signal here, sara help me out ~
Redding wrote:
Same ol' Sara now with 50% less hidden ****
#23 Nov 18 2007 at 9:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
128 posts
If aspir II did go hp > mp it could be useful on those random mobs that put up a physical shield. Lets youd deal some damage at the cost of no mp since more than likely you will drain what you spent and then some
#24 Nov 18 2007 at 11:47 PM Rating: Good
**
292 posts
Aspir II would be great, but what I've wanted for a while, and others have mentioned it here before, is a Drain I let me give the Drained HP to someone else. That. Would. Rock.
#25 Nov 19 2007 at 12:07 AM Rating: Good
18 posts
Another DoT Dark Magic spell would be interesting... like for example:

"Syphon"
Basically a drain DoT spell which functions at the same damage per tick as say Bio II and the damage per tick is returned to the caster in the form of HP.
This could give drk a poor mans regen while dealing some extra DoT.

It will also mean drk/war or /thf is less of an mp sponge in exp.
____________________________
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MarrTheBearer.png[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Life; the eternal struggle to die happy.[/color]

#26 Nov 19 2007 at 12:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
If we get aspir II(more then likely we will), prepare for the BLM boards to go hissy fit about how they should get aspirII and not us >.> like when DrainII came out lol.
#27 Nov 19 2007 at 12:20 AM Rating: Decent
18 posts
Hey, you didn't see us drks **** when the blms got their "get to use scythes" update.
____________________________
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MarrTheBearer.png[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Life; the eternal struggle to die happy.[/color]

#28 Nov 19 2007 at 12:50 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,298 posts
FFX-2 Dark Knight magic/abilities

Quote:
Ability Description
Attack Attacks an enemy.
Drain Absorbs HP.
Demi Reduces enemy HP by 25%.
Confuse Confuses an enemy.
Break Petrifies an enemy.
Bio Poisons an enemy.
Doom Enemy is inflicted with Doom and is killed when the counter reaches 0.
Death Instantly kills one enemy.
Black Sky Enemies take random damage.
Charon Kills an enemy, but also sacrifices yourself.
Poisonproof Immune to Poison.
Stoneproof Immune against Petrification.
Confuseproof Immune against Confusion.
Curseproof Immune against Curse.
Deathproof Immune against Death


might be some ideas there...
____________________________

#29 Nov 19 2007 at 1:18 AM Rating: Good
**
550 posts
woooter wrote:
FFX-2 Dark Knight magic/abilities

Quote:
Ability Description
Attack Attacks an enemy.
Drain Absorbs HP.
Demi Reduces enemy HP by 25%.
Confuse Confuses an enemy.
Break Petrifies an enemy.
Bio Poisons an enemy.
Doom Enemy is inflicted with Doom and is killed when the counter reaches 0.
Death Instantly kills one enemy.
Black Sky Enemies take random damage.
Charon Kills an enemy, but also sacrifices yourself.
Poisonproof Immune to Poison.
Stoneproof Immune against Petrification.
Confuseproof Immune against Confusion.
Curseproof Immune against Curse.
Deathproof Immune against Death


might be some ideas there...



I vote for Doom :P

But some how I could see SE doing some thing like Charon :/

Edited, Nov 19th 2007 4:19am by PiMpStIcKone
____________________________
Arkzein wrote:
reading it is like snorting unicorn giggles.


TheTomas wrote:
sneak attack now works only from the front... gogo /surprisefacesex

#30 Nov 19 2007 at 6:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,298 posts
from the description, it feels like we already have some sort of Charon----Mijin Gakure.

Does Break sound more likely?
____________________________

#31 Nov 19 2007 at 8:26 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
176 posts
So...Are this our new toys?

Spells Firestorm
Spells Rainstorm
Spells Thunderstorm
Spells Hailstorm
Spells Sandstorm
Spells Windstorm
Spells Aurorastorm
Spells Voidstorm
____________________________
Albender
Server: Ragnarok
San D'Oria Rank 10
DRK 75 WAR 37 THF 37 SAM 37 NIN 37
{Cooking} 100
DRK AF2: 6/6
{Fishing} 28
#32 Nov 19 2007 at 8:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
nope those are Scholar. Looks like we didn't get any spells at all lmao.

Edited, Nov 19th 2007 12:38pm by renzoukan
#33 Nov 19 2007 at 10:34 AM Rating: Good
**
381 posts
Not yet, at least. But consider that SE announced changes to all jobs at Fan Fest, and how they would be changed, yet only listed the Thief, Beastmaster, Ranger, and White Mage buffs in today's update. New Drk spells are in the pipeline, along with Warrior Counter, Mnk TP given/time buff, and new spells for pretty much all the other casters. From the looks of the Fan Fest blog, it looks like the changes to the jobs other than listed in todays update are rather vague, hinting that SE hasn't finalized them. So, changes in the future.
____________________________
Ginza/Mims, Status: Retired
Thanks for flushing years of endgame down the toilet SE, I just don't care anymore.
#34 Nov 19 2007 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
***
3,507 posts
the syphon spell was pretty nice (DoT with a drain/regen effect) suggestion. i usually find most of the 'zmfg the new speellz/JA!' threads to be pretty twinky, but that one'd hit the spot for me. rate up.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#36 Nov 19 2007 at 2:01 PM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
im hoping to see an endark, but an endrain would kinda make our 2hr pointless lol. something im hoping for is the original souleater ability. Dont get me wrong, I love souleater the buff but i think souleater the attack (or call it darkness like in ffx-2) would be a nice addition to a drk's **** deal high dmg at the cost of hp? C'mon SE pls make it true ^^
____________________________
75Drk 75Blu 75Sam 75Thf
Server: Fairy
Race: Hume
Bastok -Rank- 10
RotZDone CoPDone ToAUDone WotG14
Drk TP
Sam TP
Thf TP
Blu TP
#37 Nov 19 2007 at 2:18 PM Rating: Default
***
3,003 posts
Quote:
While I can see them adding Aspir II, I really have no use for it. Between Parade Gorget, Plastron, and Sanction, I never have to cast Aspir anymore. Having a stronger version of it would just be another spell I wouldn't use.


-If you're tping in a Parade Gorget or Plastron in parties, you're doing something wrong.

-Sanction doesn't cover the middle lands, or the new areas.

-More spells means that the job gets more mp intensive, meaning aspirs become more desirable.
#38 Nov 19 2007 at 2:20 PM Rating: Decent
*
61 posts
yea but if a pld can get a mini 2 hour every 5 min i'm sure they can work something out.
#39DeathadderCaitsith, Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 2:35 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I strongly doubt Aspir II will be given to us.
#40 Nov 19 2007 at 2:53 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,003 posts
Quote:
I strongly doubt Aspir II will be given to us.
I know I'd never use it outside of solo'ing.


The sign of a gimp.


Quote:
Blm has no use for Drain II, so give them Aspir II. They will use that spell to the fullest, we will not. Plain and simple.


I am a BLM, and I can tell you, DRK could use it more than BLM. Why? Because BLM has the larger MP pool, recovers exponentially more MP while resting, can rest in groups, can get better Aspir Numbers through Staves.

DRK has an ever expanding spell list, meaning more mp being used, a drasticly smaller MP pool, can't rest, can't use staves, and recovers poorly when it does rest. Are you saying you've never skimped on some spells because of MP? I cast Stun + Absorb-TP (30-45sec recast), Drain (30-45sec recast), Drain II (1.5-2min recast), Dread Spikes (same as Drain II), and Aspir religiously, so I'd kill for Aspir II.

Quote:
I'd say, give us Endrain, but that would kinda sorta contradict our lovely two hour.


Blood Weapon and Endrain are two completely different things.


Quote:
Even if it isn’t Enaspir… an equally good option, if not better, would be Enstun.
One, if not both, I could see happening. If they move us into the “En” field of course…


Do you have any Idea how Broken Enstun would be? Enspells proc on every hit without exception. Being DRKs we have the ability to hit incredibly fast, essentially Chainspell stunning every 4:10 or during SE zergs without BW.
#41 Nov 19 2007 at 5:11 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
Do you have any Idea how Broken Enstun would be? Enspells proc on every hit without exception.


I know how En spells work.
All depends on the severity of the stun. It’s all relative and it could be made to work fairly. Expecting it to act like a casted stun on every hit is ridiculous. That would be like casting Enfire and with every melee hit the bonus would equal that of casting Fire III.

Quote:
Are you saying you've never skimped on some spells because of MP? I cast Stun + Absorb-TP (30-45sec recast), Drain (30-45sec recast), Drain II (1.5-2min recast), Dread Spikes (same as Drain II), and Aspir religiously, so I'd kill for Aspir II.


Are you saying that SE would give us a way of using Dread Spikes, Drain, Drain II, Stun, and ABS-TP without the penalty of crippling our MP?
What’s that in MP cost? 194? 195? Aspir on a really good day would get 25% of that back, hopefully.
Anything outside of a Taru Dark, that would cripple MP-wise.
And rightly so.
I fail to see how SE would reward us for using all of our best spells in one shot.

Even if we get Aspir II, like the 2handed Bull S*** adjustments we are getting right now, SE will gimp it to the point of uselessness in fear we'll rock the boat, again…
For Aspir II to be worth giving, it would have to steal 100 MP +.
Anything less is no different than Aspir, anything more and a Dark Kinght would never have to worry about MP costs (and that will never happen.

Quote:
The sign of a gimp.


Some of us have gone out of our way to find ways of regaining MP without Aspir given its uselessness later in the game. Given we fight stuff that laughs at Aspir continually (not because of spell strength, but resistance to dark magic), realistically thinking Aspir II is going to come in and be as effective as Drain II is a pipe dream. If your too lazy to tough it out and get a Parade Gorget, that’s a gimp. Part of being a Dark Knight is understanding MP conservation and I don’t see that changing.

This is why I hate speculating… you get landed with a fan boys like these.
Try not to wet the bed if we get Aspir II, Aruc.

Edited, Nov 19th 2007 8:14pm by DeathadderCaitsith
#42 Nov 19 2007 at 5:23 PM Rating: Decent
48 posts
SE made a comment that they wanted to expand the jobs horizontally not vertically, saying they wanted them to be able to do more. And they mentioned for use in battle. I would think perhaps a drk based attk magic, that way we could MB (like demi or something) darkness WS's with scythe's. I always thought SE wanted us to MB anyway.

I remember initially they thought the lvl cap would be 100 and DRK would get tier 3 or 4 black spells.
#43 Nov 19 2007 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,003 posts
Quote:
I know how En spells work.
All depends on the severity of the stun. It’s all relative and it could be made to work fairly. Expecting it to act like a casted stun on every hit is ridiculous. That would be like casting Enfire and with every melee hit the bonus would equal that of casting Fire III.


No. It doesn't matter if the duration is less than a Stun spell, the fact is you're hitting it constantly with subsecond hits essentially stun locking it, preventing it from getting any spells or WSs through, and you could do is more than once ever two hours. On top of that, since there is no hate for added effects, you could use it as essentially a hate free stun lock you stupid ****.

Quote:
For Aspir II to be worth giving, it would have to steal 100 MP +.
Anything less is no different than Aspir


No it wouldn't. You're just **** retarded. Did you know Drains are actually more powerful than Drain II? Drain II is a good boost because it has more consistancy and an added effect, that's the only difference.


SE should give us ways to replace our mp spent if they want us to use the spells they add, why add spells we can't afford to use?


Quote:
Some of us have gone out of our way to find ways of regaining MP without Aspir given its uselessness later in the game. Given we fight stuff that laughs at Aspir continually (not because of spell strength, but resistance to dark magic), realistically thinking Aspir II is going to come in and be as effective as Drain II is a pipe dream. If your too lazy to tough it out and get a Parade Gorget, that’s a gimp. Part of being a Dark Knight is understanding MP conservation and I don’t see that changing.


I have a Parade Gorget, but if you think it's something you wanna tp in in parties, you're seriously retarded. It's a nice situational or solo piece but it has no place in parties. Also, if you're fighting mobs that "Laugh at aspir" because of darkness resistance, then you shouldn't have MP problems because YOU SHOULDN'T BE CASTING YOU RETARDED ****.

Refresh, Sanction, and Aspir are great. If you give us new spells, one should be Aspir II so we can keep up in our casting to actually use the spells. MP conservation you say? I do that by not casting **** spells: Absorb-Stats, Elemental nukes, Bio.
#44 Nov 19 2007 at 6:10 PM Rating: Default
*
120 posts
Quote:
I do that by not casting sh*tty spells: Absorb-Stats, Elemental nukes, Bio.


First of all, have you ever casted Abs-STR? The increase in str is godly for wpn skills. Also Drain is not as strong as Drain II, my drain II's do at least 100+ more dmg each time then a normal drain. But i agree that aspir II would help out a drk, considering you're fighting something that actually has MP.

Also for the enstun, if they used it, it could be more like an "additional effect stun" typa thing. not stunning every time but having a chance. not sure how broken it would be but no difference then platinum grip. I'm still hoping for endark and maybe something like demi.
____________________________
75Drk 75Blu 75Sam 75Thf
Server: Fairy
Race: Hume
Bastok -Rank- 10
RotZDone CoPDone ToAUDone WotG14
Drk TP
Sam TP
Thf TP
Blu TP
#45 Nov 19 2007 at 6:15 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
Also, if you're fighting mobs that "Laugh at aspir" because of darkness resistance, then you shouldn't have MP problems because YOU SHOULDN'T BE CASTING YOU RETARDED @#%^ER.


That was a comment based directly from the argument you put forward, smart guy. lol
I am glad to see you are in agreement with yourself though…

Quote:
No it wouldn't. You're just @#%^ing retarded. Did you know Drains are actually more powerful than Drain II? Drain II is a good boost because it has more consistancy and an added effect, that's the only difference.

SE should give us ways to replace our mp spent if they want us to use the spells they add, why add spells we can't afford to use?


Because if we can afford to use Aspir II, it has to be greater than Aspir.
So basically look at it from whatever standpoint you like. How much MP should Aspir II steal and still be fair? You’re a Blm that won’t have Aspir II, you tell me what is fair.

Quote:
No. It doesn't matter if the duration is less than a Stun spell, the fact is you're hitting it constantly with subsecond hits essentially stun locking it, preventing it from getting any spells or WSs through, and you could do is more than once ever two hours. On top of that, since there is no hate for added effects, you could use it as essentially a hate free stun lock you stupid @#%^.


Whatever, its speculation! All it could do is mess up its delay, interrupt the odd double attack, who cares!

I’m not speculating anymore because clearly you’re going to loose sleep over this junk.
#46 Nov 19 2007 at 6:37 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,003 posts
Quote:
Because if we can afford to use Aspir II, it has to be greater than Aspir.
So basically look at it from whatever standpoint you like. How much MP should Aspir II steal and still be fair? You’re a Blm that won’t have Aspir II, you tell me what is fair.


It doesn't have to be more powerful than normal aspir. Drain II is less powerful than Drain, but is more consistant. I'd Settle for Aspir II being a carbon copy of Aspir and another Timer.


Quote:
All it could do is mess up its delay, interrupt the odd double attack, who cares!


LMAO.
#47 Nov 19 2007 at 10:19 PM Rating: Good
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,076 posts
Quote:
-If you're tping in a Parade Gorget or Plastron in parties, you're doing something wrong.


Um, no. Parade Gorget gets gets dropped in for a couple fights if needed. Yes, i TP in Plastron. I have Scythe merits Capped, Abyssal Earring, and various bits of ACC on other gear. I don't need to wear a Hauby to be able to eat meat and still parse at 90%+ ACC in merit parties. I'll toss the Hauby in for NIN and THF Mammol Ja, but aside from that it doesn't get worn outside of Guillotine macro in merit fights.
#48 Nov 19 2007 at 10:31 PM Rating: Default
13 posts
You don't TP in plastron for pretty much the same reason you don't TP in byrnie.
#49 Nov 19 2007 at 11:15 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,076 posts
Quote:
You don't TP in plastron for pretty much the same reason you don't TP in byrnie.


It helps if you actually read something before you spout off about it. The only reason not to wear a Byrnie over Hauby is Acc. The only reason to not to wear a Plastron over Hauby is Acc. I can parse at 90%+ Acc while eating meat while wearing my Plastron. I'd be an idiot to not wear it. About the only body piece I can think of that would be better would be an Ares's Cuirass.

Yes, I macro my Hauby in for Guillotine. Yes I switch to Hauby on High evasion mobs. Other than that it's Plastron all the way.
#50 Nov 20 2007 at 3:21 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
42 posts
Getting new spells is great, but to be honest, DRK's deserve a new ability..and I'm not talking a merited ability. I believe DRK's deserve its own version of berserk or something along this line. Last resort is great, but doesn't become much use unless you hit 75 and merit DB.

Absorb-STR is worthless...and with the damage calculation reduction, it seems even more worthless. We all know that when it comes to casting Dark type spells, enemy resistance against it is high, very high...plus Dark Magic is completely worthless to undead (course, I'm sure we're all used to this by now.)

**** new spells, give us new abilities (Or Ultima..I could live with that! lmao)
#51 Nov 20 2007 at 4:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
892 posts
I actually had some ideas for this today. Also, when they announced this, the developer mentioned how they recently added spells like Dread Spikes which is a personal favorite of his, so they'd like to continue that trend.

So, as mentioned above, Endark and Endrain would be great additions. They FINALLY added an Endrain-style spell to the game and gave it to DNC... come ON! We've been waiting forever for a tried-and-true Endrain spell or ability.

Here's one I thought of: Usurp. This spell absorbs a stat boost from the enemy and bestows it on the DRK, or better yet, absorbs from the monster you're currently engaged with and transfer the stats to a target in your party. This differs from THF's Aura Steal in that it only would drain stat boosts, i.e. an Evasion Boost, Defense Boost, Attack Boost, etc., and not other enhancements like Protect, Stoneskin, etc.. Obviously it'd be situational, but against certain mobs it'd give DRK a great role in neutering mobs that like to stat-boost a lot. Arucuard's suggestion is similar, but it shouldn't absorb any enhancement, that'd be too much like Aura Steal. Further, having it transfer to a target in the party would be a huge boon in improving the overall performance of the party.

One thing I've always wished I could do is utilize my Absorbs to boost OTHER members of my party besides myself. An ability, let's tentatively call it "Transference," could be activated that would cause stats to transfer to the person you're standing behind, much like Trick Attack transfers hate to the person you're standing behind. So, Absorb-VIT onto your PLD or Absorb-AGI onto your NIN, etc.

And lastly, I want a **** Darkness/Dark Wave attack! I've wanted it ever since I fought Cecil's father on Mount Ordeals back in the 90's, before this game even existed (and back when the US version of FFIV didn't let you use it as DRK Cecil).

Also, Absorb-Speed may seem like a far-off dream to everyone here, but... so did Absorb-TP, and we got that.

edit: I think I hear Spaniards...

Edited, Nov 22nd 2007 1:35am by Gatero
____________________________
I did not bring teh gil.
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 23 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (23)