Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Reply To Thread

New drk only spells comin^^Follow

#1 Nov 16 2007 at 8:24 PM Rating: Good
**
737 posts
As some one posted from fanfestival that drks will get new spells. No actual info on what the spells are but we have a few days to toss out some ideas now. Yay for aspir2 and maybe en-spell :P

This was said so far:
Dark Knight
Design concept was attacker with magic. More dark magic specific spells for use in battle.



Edited, Nov 16th 2007 11:32pm by WeakElvaanBLM
____________________________
Black Mage 75 Dark Knight 75 Corsair 75 Paladin 75 Hades/Remora

lolbst
Asier wrote:
They're just upset that we can charm their girlfriends and solo their moms.


Blm
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180538

Drk
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?176787
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180544

Cor
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?183647

Pld
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?194400
#2 Nov 17 2007 at 12:27 AM Rating: Decent
*
119 posts
Make DRK the ONLY job to get TP by casting spells .. then I think most of us will be happy about using spells during .. any time as DRK's...
____________________________
Have fun and be strong.
#3 Nov 17 2007 at 3:03 AM Rating: Good
***
3,003 posts
We can probably guess the spells since we know they're going to be DRK specific and Dark Magic Based, as Dark Magic falls into several catagories: Absorbs, Vampirism, Enfeebling, and, the newest branch, Enhancing.



There aren't many things left for us to steal with absorbs so if there are new absorb line spells:

Absorb-Speed: Increases attack speed of caster and reduces the attack speed of the target.

Absorb-Enhancement: Steals one of the target's beneficial staus effects.



We've pretty much got the basics of Vampirism with Drain and Aspir, so if they added Vampiric like spells:


Aspir II: The most obviously expected spell.

Drainga

Aspirga



Of the "Enfeebling" category, while absorbs fit into this technically, we pretty much have just Bios. If there's a new spell it probably won't be of Bio line (Unless bioga orz):

Defensive break: Lowers target's defense.

Terror: Obvious what it does, but doubt this would be implemented.



Enhancing is the newest category of Dark Magic(Absorbs technically fit here too), with its only representative being Dread Spikes. If there are new spells in this line:

Endark/Endrain: Really obvious/possible choices for DRK. Fits the DRK playstyle.

Dread Spikes II: Possibly an additional spell. May have longer duration and higher hp%, used with the original to shore up the problems with it. Unlikely though.

Dark Spikes: Deal Darkness Damage, it's edge over dread spikes is that it would cost about as much as normal spike spells, last as longer, and shorter recast. Unlikely, but sure as **** more likely than Dread Spikes II.



Aside from that, they could add a line of DRK only Dark Magic nukes.




I'm not saying that the **** I listed will all be used, but it they're giving DRK new Dark Magic, the spells will probably look something like one of those things listed.
#4 Nov 17 2007 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
128 posts
Quote:
There aren't many things left for us to steal with absorbs so if there are new absorb line spells:

Absorb-Speed: Increases attack speed of caster and reduces the attack speed of the target.

Absorb-Enhancement: Steals one of the target's beneficial staus effects.



Absorb-Attack and/or Defense/Evasion/Accuracy would be nice. Although slightly overpowered if too potent.

Edited, Nov 17th 2007 3:06pm by TheBadGuy
#5 Nov 17 2007 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
668 posts
Quote:
Absorb-Attack and/or Defense/Evasion/Accuracy


It's called Absorb-DEX,STR,AGI,VIT

Dex being acc, str being attack, agi being evasion and vit being def.... Pretty much the same ****.
____________________________
Xeraph-Gilgamesh-75[NIN][SAM][DRK(Retired)]
#6 Nov 17 2007 at 6:38 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,550 posts
Absorb-SPD, slows enemy while hasting the DRK. I can dream can't I?

Edit: Fixed mah spellin.

Edited, Nov 18th 2007 4:01am by TurinAlexander
#7 Nov 17 2007 at 7:16 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
128 posts
Quote:
It's called Absorb-DEX,STR,AGI,VIT

Dex being acc, str being attack, agi being evasion and vit being def.... Pretty much the same sh*t.


Being pretty much the same and being the same, isn't the same thing.
#8 Nov 17 2007 at 8:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
692 posts
/recast "Curse"

I know it's been in there for awhile... but it's a possibility.
#9 Nov 17 2007 at 11:57 PM Rating: Decent
18 posts
Quote:
Absorbe-SPD, slows enemy while hasting the DRK. I can dream can't I?

Nap, brb


This does seem like a legit spell though.
#10 Nov 18 2007 at 4:04 AM Rating: Good
***
3,507 posts
no way abs speed would happen, they'd have to be out of thier **** minds.

or if it did happen, they'd nerf it in a week.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#11 Nov 18 2007 at 4:29 AM Rating: Good
**
550 posts
gigasnail wrote:
no way abs speed would happen, they'd have to be out of thier **** minds.

or if it did happen, they'd nerf it in a week.




Yeah with the Rune chopper zergs Drks are already pulling off I dont think SE would hand drk some thing like that.

But I guess you never know drk did get absorb TP.

Edited, Nov 18th 2007 7:30am by PiMpStIcKone
____________________________
Arkzein wrote:
reading it is like snorting unicorn giggles.


TheTomas wrote:
sneak attack now works only from the front... gogo /surprisefacesex

#12 Nov 18 2007 at 7:01 AM Rating: Good
***
3,507 posts
abs tp is fairly useful but not overpowered. it's mostly useless on anything big anyway, and i've found it's not really worth the trouble to click off hasso and cast it in merit most times as well. the return on it is just not great. it has its uses, but it's not the beast it was before its nerf. abs speed would be absurd. with dark seal, you could land it on most big mobs and i suppose it'd be a question of: do i want DS + drain II for my +hp build on souleater/DB zerg, or do i want more haste if perhaps we're short handed for w/e reason and i'm not getting haste spell cast on me?

then again, if it's like most of the absorb spells (i.e. mostly useless on anything you'd actually want it on, just useful in merit) it may very well be worth it, and not too unbalanced.

with anything SE comes up with, it just depends on how hard they nerf it after they find drk are capping magical haste in xp pt 100% of the time.
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#13 Nov 18 2007 at 9:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
185 posts
I don't see why Absorb-SPD couldn't work, as long as it didn't stack with the spell Haste. Then you wouldn't be breaking any of the current limits, but it would be a nice Haste for you and Slow on the enemy in situations where you either can't or aren't getting hasted.
#14 Nov 18 2007 at 9:31 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,003 posts
Quote:
abs speed would be absurd. with dark seal, you could land it on most big mobs and i suppose it'd be a question of: do i want DS + drain II for my +hp build on souleater/DB zerg, or do i want more haste if perhaps we're short handed for w/e reason and i'm not getting haste spell cast on me?


If you're in a Zerg, You already have capped magic Haste, rendering the spell useless. If you're not getting a Haste in a zerg, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Quote:
with anything SE comes up with, it just depends on how hard they nerf it after they find drk are capping magical haste in xp pt 100% of the time


It's already possible to cap magical haste in parties full time. It's not really cost friendly, but it is possible. On top of that, they're giving DNC another form of Haste, meaning everyone could have capped magical Haste.
#15 Nov 18 2007 at 9:33 AM Rating: Default
***
3,003 posts
Quote:
I don't see why Absorb-SPD couldn't work, as long as it didn't stack with the spell Haste.


Way to make the spell useless lol. Seriously, it's not broken as it's already possible, and it's going to be made more common apparently.
#16 Nov 18 2007 at 10:30 AM Rating: Good
***
3,507 posts
exactly...which is why i said it'd most likely be useless outside of merit.



Edited, Nov 18th 2007 1:32pm by gigasnail
____________________________
Having tenticle addiction issues?
HentaiAddictsAnonymous can help!
shintasama wrote:
gigasnail wrote:
if everyone else followed your example, there'd be world peace and cake for all. you will find i am a generous god.

Don't listen to this! Giga is a cruel tentacle raping god!

lolgaxe wrote:
I voted for giga because I, for one, welcome our tentacled overlords.

His Excellency SillyXSara wrote:
We like our Bisexuals with tits, thank you.
#17 Nov 18 2007 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
**
737 posts
Instead or a drain/absorb spell I would really like to see some sort of dark based damage spell. Im guessing drain is equivalent to banish so make something thats like holy but doesn't suck. But I really would likee n-dark.
____________________________
Black Mage 75 Dark Knight 75 Corsair 75 Paladin 75 Hades/Remora

lolbst
Asier wrote:
They're just upset that we can charm their girlfriends and solo their moms.


Blm
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180538

Drk
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?176787
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?180544

Cor
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?183647

Pld
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?194400
#18 Nov 18 2007 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
**
550 posts
An en spell would be cool but I dont see that happening as every rdm across all servers would be screaming that there feet are being steped on.
____________________________
Arkzein wrote:
reading it is like snorting unicorn giggles.


TheTomas wrote:
sneak attack now works only from the front... gogo /surprisefacesex

#19 Nov 18 2007 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
***
3,003 posts
We already have the precedent of Dark Magic being Enhancing Magic when the base element is Darkness, Dread Spikes, so I can see Endark/Endrain being DRK only. I could also see Enlight being PLD only.

SE did say there wear going to be new spells or all jobs and all DRK spells are going to be DRK specific. I like casting as a DRK, Dark Magic and being The Original- melee Caster is what draws me into DRK, so I'm loving the potential for more offensive magic. Especially since, outside of stat absorbs, Dark Magic is ounce for ounce the strongest magic in the game. If you look at the Damage/MP ratio, Dark magic is well over 10 times stronger than any nuke in the game. I want to see if SE will continue with win Dark Magic has delivered as a whole.

So we know DRK is getting more than one spell. I'm hoping for Aspir II, a New Absorb, and an En-spell.

That's wishful thinking, but if we only got a new nuke line, I'd hope for medium recast spells (Thik Stun or Drain 45-60 sec recast), that dealt 2-3 times an average Scythe hit. 3-4 second casting time, 25-50 mp cost, 25mp being the first tier and 50mp being a second tier. Make them scale like Drain.
#20 Nov 18 2007 at 8:08 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,633 posts
Just going to add my 2 cents. . . Aspir II would be cool and seems fairly likely, endrain or endark would be a little more exciting to me simply because I would use it more and I definately feel that a DRK's magic is just to make they're melee better so it's only natural to have an en- spell. Not to mention if it has an ok procrate it could really add up and take a lil off the sting off it when they nerf 2 handers down a touch. . .
____________________________
Mistress Darqflame wrote:
Sorry, anything representing or remotely resembling a ***** is a nono.
gigasnail wrote:
i'm lighting the freak signal here, sara help me out ~
Redding wrote:
Same ol' Sara now with 50% less hidden *****
#21 Nov 18 2007 at 8:27 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,550 posts
While I can see them adding Aspir II, I really have no use for it. Between Parade Gorget, Plastron, and Sanction, I never have to cast Aspir anymore. Having a stronger version of it would just be another spell I wouldn't use.

Edited, Nov 18th 2007 11:28pm by TurinAlexander
#22 Nov 18 2007 at 9:18 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,633 posts
Quote:
While I can see them adding Aspir II, I really have no use for it. Between Parade Gorget, Plastron, and Sanction, I never have to cast Aspir anymore. Having a stronger version of it would just be another spell I wouldn't use.


That was honestly my original thought too, but i wouldnt really mind it eaither, sometimes skilling or soloing in non sanction areas ill get kind of low on mp, and then if they make it good enough it could be pretty nice PVP . . . again wouldnt be uite as exciteing but I wouldn't mind
____________________________
Mistress Darqflame wrote:
Sorry, anything representing or remotely resembling a ***** is a nono.
gigasnail wrote:
i'm lighting the freak signal here, sara help me out ~
Redding wrote:
Same ol' Sara now with 50% less hidden *****
#23 Nov 18 2007 at 9:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
128 posts
If aspir II did go hp > mp it could be useful on those random mobs that put up a physical shield. Lets youd deal some damage at the cost of no mp since more than likely you will drain what you spent and then some
#24 Nov 18 2007 at 11:47 PM Rating: Good
**
292 posts
Aspir II would be great, but what I've wanted for a while, and others have mentioned it here before, is a Drain I let me give the Drained HP to someone else. That. Would. Rock.
#25 Nov 19 2007 at 12:07 AM Rating: Good
18 posts
Another DoT Dark Magic spell would be interesting... like for example:

"Syphon"
Basically a drain DoT spell which functions at the same damage per tick as say Bio II and the damage per tick is returned to the caster in the form of HP.
This could give drk a poor mans regen while dealing some extra DoT.

It will also mean drk/war or /thf is less of an mp sponge in exp.
____________________________
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MarrTheBearer.png[/img]
[color=#0000FF]Life; the eternal struggle to die happy.[/color]

#26 Nov 19 2007 at 12:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
If we get aspir II(more then likely we will), prepare for the BLM boards to go hissy fit about how they should get aspirII and not us >.> like when DrainII came out lol.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (1)