Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

The Road of DRK [Renz+ Disifer] [Re-updated]Follow

#52 Nov 01 2006 at 4:23 PM Rating: Good
***
2,189 posts
Claim
____________________________
Caitsith server since November 2003.
#53 Nov 01 2006 at 8:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
second
#54 Nov 01 2006 at 10:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
859 posts
Nice quote in your profile Renzo. :D
____________________________
Ferion: Male Elvaan, Gilgamesh
73 Drk 72 Smn 53 War 40 Thf
#55 Nov 02 2006 at 5:07 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,038 posts
Forum Preferences >>> 25 Posts per Page >>> Change Settings >>> Claim: X

(0.o)b
____________________________
DRK wrote:
No, it's too late. Already, great cataracts of blood pour forth in mighty rivulets of gore from the vicious, millimeter-deep wounds I have dealt to my forearm with my Vorpal Safety Pin of Weeping.
#56 Nov 02 2006 at 5:58 AM Rating: Decent
**
368 posts
firefeng wrote:
Forum Preferences >>> 25 Posts per Page >>> Change Settings >>> Claim: X


winnar
____________________________
By sun I am last to be cheered,
By moon I am one to be feared.
~Kenobyzrappr~
#57 Nov 02 2006 at 6:21 AM Rating: Decent
**
368 posts
skyra wrote:
Buy a mercurial kris


i dont know very many people that have 10mil collecting dust that might as well be spent on a weapon they would only use every 2 hours at maximum, and only for 30 seconds every 2 hours :\
____________________________
By sun I am last to be cheered,
By moon I am one to be feared.
~Kenobyzrappr~
#58 Nov 02 2006 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,283 posts
Quote:
i dont know very many people that have 10mil collecting dust that might as well be spent on a weapon they would only use every 2 hours at maximum, and only for 30 seconds every 2 hours :\


I don't have alot of money either but got lucky on a PCC. I decided that I could buy a few items and increase my STR by like 4-5 points. Or... I could buy the Kris (can't afford 80-100mill for K club) and make my 2HR extremely powerful. I could not see any equipment that would make my character that much more powerful.

The mercurial kris to me is a good investment to any die hard DRK that can't get a Kraken club. It really turns our 2HR into a real monster. Also, if you can't buy it you could always quest for it. It just takes time and a lil bit of fishing skill (30).

Skyra
____________________________
ZIITB?
#59 Nov 02 2006 at 9:28 AM Rating: Decent
**
368 posts
wow seriously.. only 30 fishing skill? i was always under the impression that you needed to pull up a legendary fish with like 100 fishing skill. if you only need 30 thats not bad at all then. i might look into questing that then, but there is also the fact that, my fishing is lvl 12 lol, and i spent no joke 3 days of fishing for 4-5 hours plus trying to skillup without getting a single skillup... and iwas in the cheval river outside sandy going for the cheval salmon i think, w/e the fish is you can skillup from 11-20 or something on in that river. so i gave up :( and this was after all the fishing updates



so skyra since you have one, whats it like on your 2hour? how does the dmg/drain stack up over the 30 seconds vs. doing 150 or 200 with your scythe 2-3 times?

im assuming your not subbing ninja so you cant sub the kris with something else main?
____________________________
By sun I am last to be cheered,
By moon I am one to be feared.
~Kenobyzrappr~
#60 Nov 02 2006 at 10:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,283 posts
Its no K-Club but its nice. It does about 2-3k in 30 seconds which is not bad. It does about 160 damage a hit with my AF helm on. About 140 if I use Diabolic eye if the NM or whatever has high evasion. (You will do more since you have more health than me.) FYI its rediculous when you use it in Besieged with a Giant Drink hehe. I took a good 20% off of Lamia no. 4 with 2 SE/BW with the dagger of Death.

I usually have haste on and 9% haste from gear so I get about 10-12 attack rounds and average about 2 swings per round. Thats about 20 attack at 140-160 damage. About 2-3.5k. Thats alot better than the 4 swings of the Scythe. which is about 300/hit or 1-1.5k damage. If you have ALOT of healing you can use it the full duration of SE. Just keep in mind that you will pull hate away from a PLD after he uses Invincible after about 5 seconds.

That is just using haste, if you can go for a health build, monk use his Mantra, with duel madrigals, duel haste songs, haste spell, then you turn into a machine. You could do about 6-7K damage Compared to 2k with Scythe and 9-10k with a K-club >.<

I would not sub ninja anyways if I was planning on using my kris because it just slows it down.

Skyra

____________________________
ZIITB?
#61 Nov 02 2006 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
284 posts
Does Parade Gorget deserve a reference somewhere? Just a thought. It's a decently useful piece but very situational.
____________________________
DRK 4 Life. 75 for now.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?95370
Linkshell>>Subligarmodles will always be my home.
Homingmissle
#62 Nov 02 2006 at 11:43 AM Rating: Decent
**
368 posts
wow sh*t.. 150~ per swing with a dagger? thats nuts even with souleater lol. i was never expecting you to say that much dmg x.o

well now im sorry but i have to ask, without souleater, couldnt this dagger still out dot a scythe in terms of straight melee? without weaponskilling

edit i know it sounds retarded... but if you can out dot a scythe with souleater im wondering why that would not hold true without souleater as well.

Edited, Nov 2nd 2006 at 11:46am PST by kenobyzrappr
____________________________
By sun I am last to be cheered,
By moon I am one to be feared.
~Kenobyzrappr~
#63 Nov 02 2006 at 11:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,283 posts
Quote:
wow sh*t.. 150~ per swing with a dagger? thats nuts even with souleater lol. i was never expecting you to say that much dmg x.o

well now im sorry but i have to ask, without souleater, couldnt this dagger still out dot a scythe in terms of straight melee? without weaponskilling

edit i know it sounds retarded... but if you can out dot a scythe with souleater im wondering why that would not hold true without souleater as well.


Nope, the damage from thr Kris with souleater comes 95% from souleater. A regular hit from the Kris on these mobs (without SE/BW) would probably do 5-10 damage or about 20-40 in the time it takes to swing your scythe for 150-200 damge.

The hits for 150 from dagger are about 140 from SE/BW and 10 from regular hit.
The hits for 300+ from Scythe are about 140 from SE/BW and 160 from regular hits.

As you can see, Kris is gimped DOT without SE and will kill you without BW.

/cheers

Skyra
____________________________
ZIITB?
#64 Nov 02 2006 at 11:59 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
Souleater adds a solid same amount no matter what weapon u use. Say souleater gave u 130bonus, then your scythe would hit for 250-350, a Mercurial kris would hit for 140-160dmg. HOwever Because mercurial has much lower delay, and chance to do 2-3 hits, the damage is clearly stacked on the dagger for DoT with se/bw on.
#65 Nov 02 2006 at 12:00 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,866 posts
kenobyzrappr wrote:
well now im sorry but i have to ask, without souleater, couldnt this dagger still out dot a scythe in terms of straight melee? without weaponskilling


Its DoT is Terrible. All the Dmg you are doing is from SE.

It Avg's 2 Hits a round... so think of is as a weapons with 16dmg and 192 Delay...

Good Thf wont Touch them becuase they are less then 1/2 the Dps of a Normal Dagger

____________________________
Koenig Brand
Pleasure You Want
Protection You Trust

Frodorn
Protecting Psycho's LS on Hades Server
75 Nin ~ 75 Thf ~ 75 Pld ~ 75 Drk ~ 75 War ~ 75 Drg
#66 Nov 02 2006 at 12:05 PM Rating: Decent
**
368 posts
thank you for the clarification guys :D
____________________________
By sun I am last to be cheered,
By moon I am one to be feared.
~Kenobyzrappr~
#67 Nov 02 2006 at 12:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,283 posts
Quote:
Its DoT is Terrible. All the Dmg you are doing is from SE.

It Avg's 2 Hits a round... so think of is as a weapons with 16dmg and 192 Delay...

Good Thf wont Touch them becuase they are less then 1/2 the Dps of a Normal Dagger


A better way would to think of them as 8 damage with 96 delay because the damage gets increased per swing by fSTR. Just with double th tp gain.

They are actually not less than half the DOT of normal daggers even at 75. They are roughly 14% lower in DOT than a regular dagger. Thats not even factoring in the 20-30% more weapon skills you get because of the tp gain. I think its "usable" by a thf because of their tendancy to duel wield and natrual high dagger skill, just not a DRk for regular tp gain.

But ya the DOT sucks.

Skyra
____________________________
ZIITB?
#68 Nov 02 2006 at 12:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,866 posts
Skyra wrote:
I think its "usable" by a thf because of their tendancy to duel wield and natrual high dagger skill, just not a DRk for regular tp gain.


1/2 as much was a Bit of an Exageration... but this Dagger is by no mean "Useable" in an Xp pt by a 75 Thf...

A drk put it best in a Thf Thread about this Dagger...

Basilxii wrote:
Maximum possible regular hit: 38
Maximum possible critical hit: 48

No piercing bonuses, etc...This more or less goes for every level.


Those Numbers should get you /laugh'd out of a Merit pt... and thats the Max.

Its a Toy that should be left to Drk with SE+BW
____________________________
Koenig Brand
Pleasure You Want
Protection You Trust

Frodorn
Protecting Psycho's LS on Hades Server
75 Nin ~ 75 Thf ~ 75 Pld ~ 75 Drk ~ 75 War ~ 75 Drg
#69 Nov 02 2006 at 1:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,283 posts
Quote:
Maximum possible regular hit: 38
Maximum possible critical hit: 48

No piercing bonuses, etc...This more or less goes for every level.


Those Numbers should get you /laugh'd out of a Merit pt... and thats the Max.


If you could hit those number it would not be half bad really. How much do you usually hit for /swing? 200? Thats once every 8.8 seconds.

If you could actually hit 38 even 30 damage a swing with the Kris it would be pretty crazy (compared to what it actually does) damage. You do realize that a typical damage from a thf is 50 damage a swing right? You also know that the damage is multiplied by 2 for the Kris right? Using those number I do not think anyone would laugh at 72 damage every 3.2 seconds or about 214 damage every 8.8 seonds (delay of our scythe)

realalistically they will hit for 50 with a Blau (33 damage) and about 18 with Kris (36 if you multiply by 2) thats a 14% reduction in damage /attack round. Also they are getting about 20-30%(triple attack cant proc on dagger from thf is the weapon procs first I think) more tp with the kris than if they had a regular dagger /attack round. You WS more but do less damage because of off hand dagger. So the quesion would be, can the number of WS done make up for the 14% dot loss?

Like I said, its "Usable" meaning that you can make it work. But the DOT is horrible and I agree that for the most part it should be left to SE/BW DRK.

Skyra

Edited, Nov 2nd 2006 at 1:09pm PST by Skyra
____________________________
ZIITB?
#70 Nov 02 2006 at 6:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
I saw Skyra the other day >,>;;; She was raping Colibiris and ignoring me so hmph ; ;.
#71 Nov 03 2006 at 9:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,283 posts
Sorry I kill birds while I watch TV with my wife so I don't pay much attention to anything else that goes on, cast a few debuffs and then drain every once in a while lol.

My play times are so random and the time span is so random thats its hard for me to actually do anything productive as a party >.<

Skyra


Edited, Nov 3rd 2006 at 9:05am PST by Skyra
____________________________
ZIITB?
#72 Nov 03 2006 at 6:23 PM Rating: Default
Very nice Sticky Renz and Disi. Congratulations!

*NOTE* Just a little pointer from a guy that ritually uses a Martial Scythe and subs /THF:

1) Use of Spiral **** in XP is far more effective than Cross Reaper "pre-merits" due to multi-hit possibilities.

2) Since Cross Reaper is multi-hit, only the first hit is SA'd, making it nowhere near as potent as the single pop Spiral Hell.
____________________________
Dark Knight LVL 75
SAM75 WAR75

STR Gear SE/BW Gear
Penta-Smash SAM style
Epic Pants Lot
My Favorite Title
#73 Nov 03 2006 at 8:06 PM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
Quote:
NIN: 57 to 60. Only reason you could possibly do this is to dualwield axes for rampage.


No, /NIN to save yourself and not be an MP drain.

In my opinion, good gear gets you so far, but knowing what to do matters the most. Instead of listing all the gear and telling what subjobs to make, how about giving some real advice.

The first step in being a good DRK is knowing how to stun. Stun is the reason why DRKs are more useful in my opinion than other DD jobs. Learn to be quick with stun and you are better than most DRKs.

Another way to be a good DRK is to utilize your Absorb spells, and not just Absorb-TP. When you fight a mob that seems impossible to hit, toss in an Absorb-AGI. Taking 20-25 AGI away from the mob makes it easier to hit.

Have all sub jobs leveled, not just thief, warrior, and samurai. I have NIN, RDM, WHM, BLM, DRG, WAR, SAM, THF, BST, and RNG all leveled to sub if the occasion calls for it. Why be mediocre and have just DRK/THF or DRK/WAR when you can have fun with DRK/WHM or DRK/RDM. DRK/SAM is a good choice, but for maximum damage with survival, I stick with DRK/THF. Seigan and Hasso add too much delay to my spells and DRK doesn't need a longer timer on Stun.

And make sure to cap your magic skills. So many times I've gotten complements on how high my drain is or how I helped sleep a link in an XP party. Every little bit helps for being a better DRK. Gear is one thing, but doing the little things that gil can't buy is what makes you a better than average DRK.

EDIT: And for the love of god, keep scythe, greatsword, axe, sword, and great axe capped. You'll need to have certain weapons for certain type of mobs.

EDIT: I use parade gorget all the time. As long as you stay above 85% HP you get 1 tick per second. I never run out of MP while other DRKs do.


Edited, Nov 3rd 2006 at 8:09pm PST by Youngjin

Edited, Nov 3rd 2006 at 8:14pm PST by Youngjin
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
#74 Nov 03 2006 at 8:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
Read the guide again, I already listed stun and such. Your just not observant, as for other subjobs: Yea doesn't hurt to have them, but its also not a "Must": If you wanted to get technical to level whichever subjobs have good usage: THF, WAR, SAM, DRG, NIN, RDM, WHM, RNG.
BLM for warp only, i mean god plz don't tell me you go by the brady guide that says DRK/BLM is the uber **** it makes u a less then gimped BLM.
THF, WAR, SAM, DRG, NIN, RNG have their places in the XP area and also for some higher endgame situations.
WHM and RDM has its place as well. When your a stun gun, nothin more. Make more use of yourself and be able to cast other things to benefit urself and ur pt. /BLM wouldn't help at all other then higher MP for more stuns which rdm and whm do that.
#75 Nov 03 2006 at 8:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
859 posts
Quote:
Taking 20-25 AGI away from the mob makes it easier to hit.


lol

Quote:
Why be mediocre and have just DRK/THF or DRK/WAR when you can have fun with DRK/WHM or DRK/RDM.


Yes, why be mediocre leveling with the most useful subjobs available to drk when you can be an exp leech and sub whm or rdm.

Quote:
EDIT: And for the love of god, keep scythe, greatsword, axe, sword, and great axe capped. You'll need to have certain weapons for certain type of mobs.


Please give me one situation, post 60, where having sword, axe, and great axe capped will benefit your party in any way. And please don't say for skill chains because great sword and scythe can pretty much cover all the ones needed, not to mention that the drop in your DoT and ws damage is going to hurt the party more than that slight boost in the blm's magic burst helps.

____________________________
Ferion: Male Elvaan, Gilgamesh
73 Drk 72 Smn 53 War 40 Thf
#76 Nov 03 2006 at 9:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
Ferriion wrote:


Quote:
EDIT: And for the love of god, keep scythe, greatsword, axe, sword, and great axe capped. You'll need to have certain weapons for certain type of mobs.


Please give me one situation, post 60, where having sword, axe, and great axe capped will benefit your party in any way. And please don't say for skill chains because great sword and scythe can pretty much cover all the ones needed, not to mention that the drop in your DoT and ws damage is going to hurt the party more than that slight boost in the blm's magic burst helps.



Sword used for spirits within on HNMs or GODs if you stack enough HP gear. It Can be useful for certain fights. HAHA >,> but axe great axe.. um... yea no comment
#77 Nov 03 2006 at 10:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
859 posts
Some people still have non-tanks use Spirits Within on gods and HNMs? :/
____________________________
Ferion: Male Elvaan, Gilgamesh
73 Drk 72 Smn 53 War 40 Thf
#78 Nov 03 2006 at 11:06 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,135 posts
I call it basil's theory of one-upmanship.

While you'll likely never -need- it,

Someone with them leveled can call you gimp for not having it.

Edited, Nov 3rd 2006 at 11:08pm PST by Basilxii
#79 Nov 03 2006 at 11:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
859 posts
How can some one call you gimp for not having a weapon or subjob leveled that will only hinder your performance and slow the party down?
____________________________
Ferion: Male Elvaan, Gilgamesh
73 Drk 72 Smn 53 War 40 Thf
#80 Nov 04 2006 at 3:33 AM Rating: Good
***
2,189 posts
Simple.

This is Allakhazam, not KI. On KI we have 2-3 people who consistently spew **** the rest know what they're talking about, and if not, ask and do what they're responded to with tweaking to their need. Here, its this guy told me this so its better than that.
____________________________
Caitsith server since November 2003.
#81 Nov 04 2006 at 7:52 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,038 posts
Quote:
No, /NIN to save yourself and not be an MP drain.


No, /party disband if the tank can't hold hate off of you when you're not being stupid about your job abilities and weapon skills. /THF post-66 if you're still having hate problems. SATA Guillotines bring a tear to my eye. The bad, Indian-staring-at-all-the-world's-pollution kind of tear.

Beyond that, Stun is just the icing on the cake, because if you're not doing close to equal (or better) damage than the 'best' DD jobs, then you're probably doing something wrong. Superior damage is the reason you invite a DRK.

If you find a mob that's impossible to hit, switch in more ACC gear. If it's still hard to hit, eat sushi. If it's still hard to hit, you're overcamping. Absorbs have their time and their place, but no absorb on any single mob is going to account for the loss of one of your swings, damage-wise, the exceptions being Abs-STR before a WS, or before you first hit the mob as it's being pulled.

Honestly, most of your post, Youngjin, was a modicum of common sense intermixed with gross amounts of extraneous (or occasionally just plain wrong) information. Given what I've seen on my own server, a lot of DRKs would be better off reading Renzou's and Lord "The City of Dis" Disifer's post before they start to whinge about how "oh, even though I only hit for 70 damage a scythe swing with 30% accuracy, I'm totally on top of things with my stuns and I was even able to sleep that one add for about 5 seconds before it woke up and the BRD had to resleep it, and then I Absorb-VIT'd and liek all the people did twice as much damage YAYZ0RZ LOLDRKZ!!!1!"

EDIT: Keep G. Sword and Scythe capped. You can cap Club and/or Dagger, too, assuming you're filthy rich, and want to go through the trouble of killing things repetitively to skill weapons just so you can be awesome every two hours...Other weapons are optional, and if someone tells you that you're better off using such-and-such weapon over scythe/g.sword/KC at, oh, I don't know, post-60?, I kindly request that you shoot them in their offensive, falsehood-spouting pieholes with a large calibre gun.

EDIT: I use Yag Drinks all the time. It means I can have ACC+5, STR+3, and Store TP+1 on my neck slot while still never running out of MP.

Quote:
Here, its this guy told me this so its better than that.


Actually, this place has gotten a little better as of late, just comparing the post topics, now, compared to even two-three weeks ago. Moreover, I kind of hate going to KI because EVERY FREAKING PAGE TAKES 10 **** MINUTES TO LOAD WITH MAH' UBAR CABLEZ INTERNETZ. NO WEBPAGE SHOULD DO THAT, EVER. That, and it sometimes reeks of that "internet troll circle-jerk" that top dogs in certain isolated web communities get going every now and then.

It has some good info if you feel like sorting through inflated egos/inflated chain-signatures...plus I can be a little less nice if I'm there compared to here. Dumb auto-censorship. D:
____________________________
DRK wrote:
No, it's too late. Already, great cataracts of blood pour forth in mighty rivulets of gore from the vicious, millimeter-deep wounds I have dealt to my forearm with my Vorpal Safety Pin of Weeping.
#82 Nov 04 2006 at 10:31 AM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
You guys ever do NMs or events that are immune to certain type of weapons? Maybe that's a little out of your league, but end game DRK needs to have everything capped. This is "How to be a better than average DRK" not how to be a DRK.

The things I posted is better than average. /NIN is probably the safest way to dish out damage during events w/o having yourself lolpwned. How can you say that it's wrong to have your sub jobs leveled? /WHM is an excellent way to cap your enfeebling magic - spam dia. I'm not saying that you'll /WHM in xp parties, but I have been asked to /WHM so I don't take so much hate. Ever do that you above average DRKs?

It's not a question of is this the best sub job. It's making yourself above and beyond. Level sword and you can do piercing damage. What's so hard to understand? I thought this post was to be better then the average joe. Keeping GS and Scythe is standard - any DRK that doesn't do it sucks.

And my sleeps last a lot longer than 5 seconds. I start sleep > sleep II > stun when awake. Maybe it's a little hard to understand without having tried it before.

Try it out - you'll be better than average, I promise.
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
#83 Nov 04 2006 at 10:43 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,135 posts
I'm not saying use them in EXP. Not at all.


I'm saying, a DRK with Sword Scythe Greatsword Axe Greataxe > A Greatsword Scythe DRK.
#84 Nov 04 2006 at 1:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
719 posts
Quote:
Level sword and you can do piercing damage.


90% of Swords are slashing damage, I believe the other 10% are unusable by DRK and even then their WS dmg is still Slashing. Great Axe always does slashing, axe also always does slashing.

Quote:
You guys ever do NMs or events that are immune to certain type of weapons? Maybe that's a little out of your league, but end game DRK needs to have everything capped. This is "How to be a better than average DRK" not how to be a DRK.


Apparently it's out of your league you since you think sword does piercing damage.

If you want to do piercing damage use dagger, want to do blunt damage use staff. The only time I can think of having to use either for their damage type is in limbus.

Edited, Nov 4th 2006 at 1:09pm PST by Lefian

Edited, Nov 4th 2006 at 1:10pm PST by Lefian
____________________________
Sever : Carbuncle
Main jobs: RDM75 DRK75
Sub jobs : SAM/WAR/THF/BLM/NIN

Hi.
#85 Nov 04 2006 at 1:23 PM Rating: Decent
We can use a couple swords that do "piercing damage." They just have very low attack for us. The majority of the swords that do piercing damage are Fleurets or Epee style swords, primarily used by either PLD or RDM. DRG can also use them, if they so intend to do so, it'd be retarded, since most lances do piercing.

As forementioned, DRK using sword is mainly for show, nothing else:

1) If Spirits Within does more damage against gods or HNMs than your Ground Strike or Spiral Hell, go shoot yourself.

2) The only one worth having being a Ridill(dream gear for 99% of us) which should only be used for SE+BW. Past that your DoT should still be higher w/ Scythe.

I've skilled up Axe, Sword, Marksmanship, Great Axe. But I did it mainly because I was sick of my stats not being blue.... They aren't worth all that much under any circumstance, just a cool thing to do LOL.

Save the newer generation of DRK's some brain trauma, and list these as things that we could cap, but aren't really needed.
____________________________
Dark Knight LVL 75
SAM75 WAR75

STR Gear SE/BW Gear
Penta-Smash SAM style
Epic Pants Lot
My Favorite Title
#86 Nov 04 2006 at 1:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
719 posts
We have a few bilbo class weapons that all suck.
____________________________
Sever : Carbuncle
Main jobs: RDM75 DRK75
Sub jobs : SAM/WAR/THF/BLM/NIN

Hi.
#87 Nov 04 2006 at 4:48 PM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
Quote:
Apparently it's out of your league you since you think sword does piercing damage.


Rapier type swords do piercing damage. I believe bilbo type also do piercing damage. You could use mailbreaker or tutelary.

Quote:
If you want to do piercing damage use dagger, want to do blunt damage use staff. The only time I can think of having to use either for their damage type is in limbus.


Dagger is also a reliable source of piercing damage. You could use mercurial kris. I thought Limbus was important. Also Jailer of Temperance has certain weapon immunities. Who knows, if SE did so much of it with Sea, don't you think that the ToAU areas might have monsters with certain weapon type immunities?

Sea is important, do you agree? That's why we have sea LS's. Why woudln't it be important to have all weapons leveled if you are part of a sea LS?

And last time I checked, DRK had no staff skill. What level is your staff Lefian?

*EDIT*
Quote:
Save the newer generation of DRK's some brain trauma, and list these as things that we could cap, but aren't really needed.


This topic is titled "How to be a better than average DRK" not "How to be a DRK."



Edited, Nov 4th 2006 at 4:54pm PST by Youngjin
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
#88 Nov 04 2006 at 5:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
Youngjin wrote:
You guys ever do NMs or events that are immune to certain type of weapons? Maybe that's a little out of your league, but end game DRK needs to have everything capped. This is "How to be a better than average DRK" not how to be a DRK.

#1 The only point i see in having everything set-up is for braging rights. DRK has 2 priorities.
1.Spike Damage
2.Stun Timing
Leveling Great axe, axe, sword, etc... and having every single subjob known to man for DRK is ok. Is it needed? No. XP wise u only need war,thf,drg,nin,sam as the possible subs. As for Big fights like HNM,God,Wyrm,etc.. you use /thf, /nin, or possibly /sam to tp up for SPirits within. Honestly if your gonna be a DRK/WHM, DRK/RDM, DRK/WHM to help out on fights you can't melee or spike in by Stunning and healing or doing w/e spells, plz disband right now. We can get a BLM/WHM, RDM/DRK, etc.. who can Stun and also do much more for the PT and alliance then we can subbing whm, rdm, blm, or w/e.

And to be straight forward. Me and Disifer's guide "IS" how to be a better then average DRK, why? Because 95% of DRKs are idiots. So if you like, we can change our guide to "How to be better then that idiot DRK over there {/point} Guide". WHat your saying is what you "COULD" do after you did everything your suppose to do first. But again, those extra subs and skilled up weapons mean nothing because if your going to do your job in a big fight, your not gonna have a @#%^ed up sub or used a weapon that has gimp skill even capped for a DRK now are ya?

As for the DRK level sword so you can do piercing damage? THats the dumbest reason I ever heard. If your gonna level it, level it for Spirits within. level sword for piercing omg hahahaa..... Yea and tell a DRG to go level sword to while your at it. Tell them they can be better by leveling a sword. A sword for DRG is pointless, just like having a DRK use sword for piercing...

If you need to nto use Slash, grab a crude sword and do Blunt damage. That simple.



Edited, Nov 4th 2006 at 5:07pm PST by renzoukan
#89 Nov 04 2006 at 5:08 PM Rating: Good
***
2,189 posts
Quote:
And last time I checked, DRK had no staff skill. What level is your staff Lefian?


Sub WAR. Not the same, but you still have Satff skill. I'm not replying to the rest of this idiocy, this is exactly why 80% of DRKs' across all servers are idiots and form their own parties.

Edited, Nov 4th 2006 at 5:11pm PST by Disifer
____________________________
Caitsith server since November 2003.
#90 Nov 04 2006 at 5:11 PM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
Have you even fought mobs in sea?

Quote:
If you need to nto use Slash, grab a crude sword and do Blunt damage. That simple.


Why would you have sword leveled anyways if you are talking about how it's not needed?

The things you are saying in this little guide of yours is how to BE a DRK. Any DRK that doesn't have scythe + greatsword leveled is noob. Any of them that don't have /WAR /THF at least are noobs. You think because you reach lv 75 you are pro?

/WAR doesn't gives you lv 37 staff skill if you are capped at 37. Like you'll hit anything with that.



Edited, Nov 4th 2006 at 5:15pm PST by Youngjin
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
#91 Nov 04 2006 at 5:17 PM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
I give up on this post. Follow this guide and you'll be the BEST DRK on your server. Because these people said so.

Being home makes me take part in these stupid forums where one person tries to convince their e-peen is bigger. DRK is fun. Learn your spells, and experiment with different things. That'll make you better than you used to be.
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
#92 Nov 04 2006 at 5:26 PM Rating: Decent
**
362 posts
Hello, new drk here and I'd like to be the best I can. I like your guide so far, but have a few questions:

If possible, I was wondering if you could elaborate on the gear selection. For example, you recommended the thick mufflers(+3 acc +3 attt)but nothing else (aside from the enke's for WS). However, the Tarraque mitts(+10 att) seem a better choice (albiet a more expensive choice-220k vs. 20k). I realize you listed other highend choices (god drops) but not every drk will get these items.

Although I am still new to drk, the ommision of the Tarrasque Mitts makes me wonder what other omissions there may be. Perhaps Tarrasque Mitts aren't good for drk, and I'm wrong about this. In that case, please ignore my ramblings.

Another question: As a drg, I have 2 hate shedding abilities, in contrast, it seems all of the drk's abilities garner hate. A little advice on how to effectively ride the hate-line would be helpful.

Thanks for all the work you guys put in.
____________________________
DRG 75 BLU 75 WAR 75
#93 Nov 04 2006 at 5:27 PM Rating: Good
***
2,189 posts
Quote:
You think because you reach lv 75 you are pro?


No but apparently not having a life and leveling 3 to 75, including BST, is a good enough excuse for you correct?

Quote:
/WAR doesn't gives you lv 37 staff skill if you are capped at 37. Like you'll hit anything with that


Re-read what I said princess. Here, I'll quote it for you.

Quote:
Sub WAR. Not the same, but you still have Satff skill


Quote:
The things you are saying in this little guide of yours is how to BE a DRK. Any DRK that doesn't have scythe + greatsword leveled is noob. Any of them that don't have /WAR /THF at least are noobs


Yes, you're right, Ren, we have to edit our posts, all we put in there was to level GSWD & Scythe for weapons and Warrior and Thief for subjobs. We should just give our accounts to Youngjin for him to type it so we may bask in his power.


Quote:
I give up on this post. Follow this guide and you'll be the BEST DRK on your server. Because these people said so.

Being home makes me take part in these stupid forums where one person tries to convince their e-peen is bigger. DRK is fun. Learn your spells, and experiment with different things. That'll make you better than you used to be.


Always easier to run, then again I guess you shouldn't be up past your bedtime either.
____________________________
Caitsith server since November 2003.
#94 Nov 04 2006 at 5:28 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,088 posts
Quote:
If you need to nto use Slash, grab a crude sword and do Blunt damage. That simple.

Why would you have sword leveled anyways if you are talking about how it's not needed?

The things you are saying in this little guide of yours is how to BE a DRK. Any DRK that doesn't have scythe + greatsword leveled is noob. Any of them that don't have /WAR /THF at least are noobs. You think because you reach lv 75 you are pro?

/WAR doesn't gives you lv 37 staff skill if you are capped at 37. Like you'll hit anything with that.



Edited, Nov 4th 2006 at 5:15pm PST by Youngjin


Ok so you seriously want to go there Mr. Know it all? Ok lets get into it.
#1. Crude Sword is a greatsword @ Lv70 that gives enhance bashing and has DMG:76, it is not a sword therefore if you can't do Slashing DMG it will be your next best weapon since its blunt damage, (Hidden effect of crude sword is blunt dmg).

#2 AGAIN I will say it. My guide does prove how to @#%^en be a better then average DRK. 95%(Which is majority of ALL DRKs so would be considered the usual or "AVERAGE" DRK) of all DRKs do not know how to do the **** job to begin with. They pick DRK for looks or High dmg.

#3 I reached Lv75 DRK and I been 75 for 2years+ always tweaking my DRK, and doing lots ot stuff to better myself as a DRK. Axe capped, Great axe, sword capped(needed? no, did it for the **** of it)

#4 I saw how you edited your comment. What your comment stated before was to come back when I had more experience in the other areas fighting and the bigger fights. I fought Wyrms, Kings, Gods, Kirin, Done Sea, killed JoL, fought AV as well. I have a few items in sea including Justice torque, I got nealry every item in Sky, I got a few items from HNMs like fafnir, King behemoth, etc... Plz don't tell me to go and fight this and that and come back to you because i have fought almost every thing this game has to offer. 3 Wyrms, 3 Kings, Regular HNM/NMs, Sea Jailors, BCNMs, ENMs. Your word on what you want to use against my word then. Let the others decide for themselves.


Edited, Nov 5th 2006 at 9:23pm PST by renzoukan
#95 Nov 04 2006 at 5:30 PM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
lol your e-peen so so much bigger. I will go to sleep now since it's past my bedtime. And stop spending all my time posting on allakhazam.
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
#96 Nov 04 2006 at 5:31 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,189 posts
Quote:
If possible, I was wondering if you could elaborate on the gear selection. For example, you recommended the thick mufflers(+3 acc +3 attt)but nothing else (aside from the enke's for WS). However, the Tarraque mitts(+10 att) seem a better choice (albiet a more expensive choice-220k vs. 20k). I realize you listed other highend choices (god drops) but not every drk will get these items.


It's still a work in progress, trying to re-format it and make it neater, Tarasque/+1 are far superior to Thick Mufflers obviously so if you have the cash available, yes.

Quote:
Another question: As a drg, I have 2 hate shedding abilities, in contrast, it seems all of the drk's abilities garner hate. A little advice on how to effectively ride the hate-line would be helpful.


Basically its a matter of playing around and finding how you play and then tweaking it, not really any tricks or what-not. I had merited emnity down, even capped it at one point and it did next to nothing. At times, yeah, it helped, but its nothing worth dumping the points into imo. Muted Soul is a great addition for when you do use Souleater so thats something worth meriting at least once to help keep hate minimal, but like I said, its alot of reading off your party and personal preference.
____________________________
Caitsith server since November 2003.
#97 Nov 04 2006 at 5:34 PM Rating: Good
***
2,189 posts
Quote:
lol your e-peen so so much bigger. I will go to sleep now since it's past my bedtime. And stop spending all my time posting on allakhazam.


Actually, maybe you should stay up past your bedtime and study English. There should be a comma after bedtime and before "And." With that said, "And" should not be capitalized.

You tried to bail from the thread like a **** once and failed, stop making yourself look like more of an ass. I have more experience in DRK in my mouse finger than you do your pre-pubescent little cranium and more EVERYTHING in RL in the stray pubic hair my razor missed than you have in your entire body. Gtfo.
____________________________
Caitsith server since November 2003.
#98 Nov 04 2006 at 5:54 PM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
Quote:
Actually, maybe you should stay up past your bedtime and study English. There should be a comma after bedtime and before "And." With that said, "And" should not be capitalized.

You tried to bail from the thread like a **** once and failed, stop making yourself look like more of an ass. I have more experience in DRK in my mouse finger than you do your pre-pubescent little cranium and more EVERYTHING in RL in the stray pubic hair my razor missed than you have in your entire body. Gtfo.


If you want to be all technical, instead of a comma after failed, there should be a semi-colon. And you have a mouse finger? Strange. I'm so glad you have more EVERYTHING in RL in the stray pubic hair your razor missed.

If you want me to stay, I'll stay and entertain you some more. I don't mind.
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
#99 Nov 04 2006 at 6:36 PM Rating: Decent
Hmmm, do I ever do Gods or HNMs?

Yes, I'm pretty sure I do, unless I'm having some sort of odd delusion.

www.wingsofdestiny.org

Listen, if I EVER see a DRK using a Bilbo class weapon, I will continually ridicule him until he gets rid of it. It's pathetic at best.

You're better off equipping MP gear and getting all of the elemental staffs, and start casting Elemental spells. Seriously...

I'll use a GA from time to time, but mainly on things that don't have much evasion or DEF. For instance, when I help out people on G1 and G2, I'll whip out a GA, and go to town. Why? Because I felt like something other than green Skittles at the moment. Just goofing off and having fun. To try and be serious about using a Bilbo, c'mon. Sub /RNG and Slugshot with a crossbow, you'll do a sh** ton more damage.

As for the open attacks on Renz and LD, I'm positive they can handle anything you got to throw at them. These are 2 respected DRK's in the community. They have respect for a reason, not because they demand it, because they've earned it.

**Know your role**
____________________________
Dark Knight LVL 75
SAM75 WAR75

STR Gear SE/BW Gear
Penta-Smash SAM style
Epic Pants Lot
My Favorite Title
#100 Nov 04 2006 at 6:50 PM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
Like I really care about earning respect. I play for fun, I'm posting for fun. Like I could really care about people and how they interact with other people over the internet.

And you shouldn't ridicule someone choosing the weapons they choose to level up or gearing themselves they way they do. They pay their own monthly fees and leveled their own job. This "How to be a better than Average DRK" post is in the eye of the beholder. I merely suggested getting all subs, leveling all weapons, and learning your spells. Then everyone bashed my opinions because it wasn't the same as theirs? I'm so hurt.

But yet, it's so entertaining to post on alla. No wonder why you guys have like 1000-2000 posts - and I thought it was me that didn't have a life.
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
#101 Nov 04 2006 at 6:54 PM Rating: Default
*
93 posts
hehe...

The sad thing is, after this weekend, I won't ever come to Alla to look at forums. I'm doing this because it's fun to watch people get so worked up and then insult other people ONLINE to make themselves feel better. Come tomorrow, I'll be back to my life at school and will forget about this topic forever. Everyone else will continue to write about how wrong and dumb I am and blah blah blah.

Yes, I will continue for tonight to post and post and post, just to see how low you guys will go to insult someone online for their interpretation of better than average DRK.
____________________________
Youngjin
75-RNG|75-DRK|75-BST|74-THF
48-BLM|40-NIN|37-RDM,WAR,WHM,SAM
CC-94.9+3|LC-60|SM-50|CK-49
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 10 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (10)