Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Ok this SAM thing is now pissing me offFollow

#52 Apr 26 2010 at 1:06 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
yeah, i never really slept birds myself. you just let them wail on your shadows and recast if you actually have to wait for melees to finish up.

re: SAM/WAR voking, i want SAMs to be /DRG if they're not polearm. hold on, i'm too drunk to continue posting about this. we're talking about best merit DD right? it's MNK of course.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#53 Apr 26 2010 at 9:49 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
15,261 posts
milich wrote:
yeah, i never really slept birds myself. you just let them wail on your shadows and recast if you actually have to wait for melees to finish up.

re: SAM/WAR voking, i want SAMs to be /DRG if they're not polearm. hold on, i'm too drunk to continue posting about this. we're talking about best merit DD right? it's MNK of course.
Screenshot
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#54 Apr 26 2010 at 10:57 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,959 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
milich wrote:
yeah, i never really slept birds myself. you just let them wail on your shadows and recast if you actually have to wait for melees to finish up.

re: SAM/WAR voking, i want SAMs to be /DRG if they're not polearm. hold on, i'm too drunk to continue posting about this. we're talking about best merit DD right? it's MNK of course.
Screenshot
THE PICTURE! IT RETURNS!

ALL GLORY TO THE PICTURE
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#55 Apr 26 2010 at 11:30 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
15,261 posts
Lucinus wrote:
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
milich wrote:
yeah, i never really slept birds myself. you just let them wail on your shadows and recast if you actually have to wait for melees to finish up.

re: SAM/WAR voking, i want SAMs to be /DRG if they're not polearm. hold on, i'm too drunk to continue posting about this. we're talking about best merit DD right? it's MNK of course.
Screenshot
THE PICTURE! IT RETURNS!

ALL GLORY TO THE PICTURE
Smiley: thumbsup

Jinté will try to claim dominion, but I gave him the idea so ish mine!
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#56 Apr 28 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
pahn's sig wrote:
retired monk


Clicking those made me way sadder than it should have for some reason. Smiley: frown
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not piss me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#57 Apr 28 2010 at 11:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Solrain wrote:
pahn's sig wrote:
retired monk


Clicking those made me way sadder than it should have for some reason. Smiley: frown
I know, I was really sad to read that when I first heard about it as well.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#58 Apr 28 2010 at 11:53 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
i'm touched(:.

anyway, i was all set to write "okay, since i last posted in this thread, we've got people mistaking spharai for anything but the best MNK weapon, and someone saying that zanshin is stupidly powerful. what's going on here?!" then i saw on this page that i apparently have been to this thread. regardless, spharai are the best h2h, and zanshin is a mild convenience.

going back to the retired links, i'm happy with how they came out, especially considering how drunk i was when i took those pics.

edit: in fact, i think i recorded my last logoff with a free capturing program as well. indeed, i did. it includes some random animal collective song and a my bloody valentine song, along with the tap-tap-tapping of my typing. fun stuff.

Edited, Apr 29th 2010 1:56am by milich
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#59 Apr 29 2010 at 2:14 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,285 posts
milich wrote:
going back to the retired links, i'm happy with how they came out, especially considering how drunk i was when i took those pics.


Eh, I like how you split up the text/links instead of making it one big string of links. It makes it so it looks like you're sort of flickering in and out - slowly fading away, remembering the past - before you finally left for good. The pic of you closing your eyes with half of the screen showing as you were deleted sold it for me.

As to not sound gay and break up the broweirdness going on here... can I have your Homam/BB/Usukane? And your fat Galka tail? Mmmm gimme that. Gimme that HARD.
____________________________
zellbaca wrote:
Second, that's not how spell animations work. We wrap our arms around our faces and magic beetle shadows and sh*t fly at the targets.
kenage wrote:
And yes before you ask I'm mexican and you better not piss me off about warrior and tequila or I will drop down from the donkey and hit you with my awesome guitar.
#60 Apr 29 2010 at 3:43 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,261 posts
Solrain wrote:
As to not sound gay and break up the broweirdness going on here... can I have your Homam/BB/Usukane?
Mine!!
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#61 May 10 2010 at 3:04 PM Rating: Decent
**
473 posts
Wow I just find it amazing that people are so one dimensional. Been playing this game since about '03. Was gone for almost 2years. I had just come back and was hanging out war and went to exp, my gear was not pro, but its not horrible. I have you're basic everyday affordable set-up.

askar/walmart head
manny/joytoy
hauby for tp and osode for ws(haven't gotten askar body or adaburk from einherjar)
askar hands tp/heca for ws
amemet +1 tp&ws
war AF2 legs (need better I know)
garrilous ring and something I forgot acc and str ring
earings are supanomi and something else again I cannot remember its a STR +1 earing
waste is potent belt
feet unicorn leggings
and ammo is bomb core.


Like i said half decent and not horribly gimp. I know I need to do a lot tweaking.
But going into an exp party with rdm cor brd war war war I held my own and although did parse last
it wasn't an overly huge margin.

I have noticed that as long as you have people fairly well geared and have and use at least half a brain
20k/hour meripo is not impossible to find even if no DRG or SAM is looking.

Heck even on my rng I never exp with it unless its with people who actually know what they are doing
and I turn actually know them from previous exp and or LS. Otherwise no bloody way will i waste ammo and
not even be able to unleash full fury.


This is one of those games that I've always noticed people will use the technique someone else has
had success with. However those people who originally had success where the best players! why?
because they innovated!
#62 May 10 2010 at 3:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Speeral wrote:
Wow I just find it amazing that people are so one dimensional. Been playing this game since about '03. Was gone for almost 2years. I had just come back and was hanging out war and went to exp, my gear was not pro, but its not horrible. I have you're basic everyday affordable set-up.

askar/walmart head
manny/joytoy
hauby for tp and osode for ws(haven't gotten askar body or adaburk from einherjar)
askar hands tp/heca for ws
amemet +1 tp&ws
war AF2 legs (need better I know)
garrilous ring and something I forgot acc and str ring
earings are supanomi and something else again I cannot remember its a STR +1 earing
waste is potent belt
feet unicorn leggings
and ammo is bomb core.


Like i said half decent and not horribly gimp. I know I need to do a lot tweaking.
But going into an exp party with rdm cor brd war war war I held my own and although did parse last
it wasn't an overly huge margin.

I have noticed that as long as you have people fairly well geared and have and use at least half a brain
20k/hour meripo is not impossible to find even if no DRG or SAM is looking.

Heck even on my rng I never exp with it unless its with people who actually know what they are doing
and I turn actually know them from previous exp and or LS. Otherwise no bloody way will i waste ammo and
not even be able to unleash full fury.


This is one of those games that I've always noticed people will use the technique someone else has
had success with. However those people who originally had success where the best players! why?
because they innovated!


just remember that innovation has nothing to do with stats. for example, your garrulous ring barely does anything. you should wear something else. this isn't "one-dimensional" thinking, and you have a serious, serious problem if you think it is. like, a problem much deeper than parsing higher or lower in a videogame.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#63 May 10 2010 at 11:48 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Speeral wrote:
I have you're basic everyday affordable set-up.

askar hands tp
war AF2 legs
garrilous ring and something I forgot acc and str ring
STR +1 earing
feet unicorn leggings
and ammo is bomb core.
ಠ_ಠ
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#64 May 11 2010 at 12:22 AM Rating: Excellent
**
492 posts
bsphil wrote:
OldSchoolRPGs wrote:
I merit on my BRD, and I can give a view point from some of the experiences I've had.

Firstly, I love having a WAR in my merit parties. The damage is always really good and consistent, but Provoke makes them a huge time saver. After I elegy and lullaby a bird next to the party, that bird is gonna reflect lullaby when it wakes. If for some reason (not often, but it happens) my shadows are down, there's a pretty good chance that song is coming right back at me when it wakes. I've had good experiences with WARs who will provoke the bird right when I pull it to the camp. Then when its woken up by an attack, it will cast lullaby right back at the WAR, but at the same time hit the WAR so that he/she wakes right back up. That means no slept RDMs, BRDs or other DDs. But not every WAR likes to voke, even some of you on here even said you don't like/need to voke. I'm just a lowly BRD, but even I see the uses of Provoke in a merit party, you'd figure a 75WAR would too.
Apparently everyone does BRD differently in merits than I do. I actually don't like WARs that voke when I pull before the previous mob dies, because then the WAR just ends up getting overwhelmed anyway.

When I pull on BRD/NIN at birds I'm giving double marches and pianissimo ballads to ensure I have double march fulltime for myself, and because pianissimo ballad is way easier anyway. I have capped haste in gear as well, putting me to nearly capping haste on recast (16.5 sec ichi, 24.75 sec ni). So when I pull a mob with elegy, I run back to the camp while the previous mob is still being worked on, never cast lullaby. I can very easily get off a march or ballad before needing to recast utsu. Once the previous mob dies the DDs can autotarget to the bird on me and start killing that. When hate is definitely off of me, repeat the cycle. It uses a bit more shihei but lolgil and I don't have to worry about lullabys flying around.

Only time I ever sleep is if there's a link, and typically once you get rolling you almost never wind up with links because you'll always end up waiting on repops.



Edited, Apr 26th 2010 12:57am by bsphil


I actually play it the same way, but I'm not going to say I dislike a voke, I just could take it or leave it. If mobs die quickly enough you should be able to roll shadows with a march.
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#65 Jun 21 2010 at 7:06 PM Rating: Default
**
458 posts
I dont understand why you guys compare sam to war in merits, sam benefits more from double march, war from minuets or minuet/madrigal.

I have both jobs and imo it takes better gear and merits until war start beating on sam with same buffs.

If both jobs have best gear/merit is all about what buffs they get...and to those who think it only takes a polearm and sushi for a sam in merit...well you dont know sh*t about it.
#66 Jun 25 2010 at 11:09 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,959 posts
Jajuzza wrote:
I dont understand why you guys compare sam to war in merits, sam benefits more from double march, war from minuets or minuet/madrigal.

I have both jobs and imo it takes better gear and merits until war start beating on sam with same buffs.

If both jobs have best gear/merit is all about what buffs they get...and to those who think it only takes a polearm and sushi for a sam in merit...well you dont know sh*t about it.
Both jobs get better results out of double March than Min/Mad, you idiot. Learn about pDIF caps.

Edited, Jun 25th 2010 1:09pm by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#67 Jun 30 2010 at 2:51 AM Rating: Good
***
2,607 posts
Pahn wrote:
of course, if your group zergs well enough, the parse winner will be the DD (probably 2h melee) with the fastest computer.


Soo, if we were equally geared, equally skilled, I could beat you by having a faster processor, graphics card and more RAM?

Do we know how much of an advantage this can have @ 80% Haste... Do we know what the ideal setup is, and whether hardcore maximisers should consider this ;)


____________________________
Taking a break.
#68 Aug 15 2010 at 1:12 PM Rating: Default
solrain's GIF wrote:
Rajas on right hand finger


Coulda sworn there was a meme about Rajas and Brutal on lear/lring, and Bushi/whatev on rear/rring. Otherwise very good
____________________________
There are two kinds of people in FFXI, those doing the laughing and those who don't know what's funny.
#69 Sep 09 2010 at 1:06 AM Rating: Default
3 posts
Man, this thread is making me feel bad about coming back. I haven't played in a year and a half, and suddenly got a desire to level up my mid-level Samurai.

Back when I used to play, Samurai wasn't exactly the flavour-of-the-month job, it was regarded as a job that was difficult and exceedingly expensive to play correctly. Now it seems that every idiot and his mother is playing the job, and i'm inadvertently jumping on the bandwagon coming back :P Maybe I should play DRG or something :P
#70 Sep 09 2010 at 10:43 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,095 posts
Blockatiel wrote:
Samurai wasn't exactly the flavour-of-the-month job, it was regarded as a job that was difficult and exceedingly expensive to play correctly.
First, I haet blockatiel for hate of pr0n. That being said, the whole "difficult and exceedingly expensive" pretty much describes every job. Though, my experience was that Samurai was actually on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

And Warrior, for us min/maxers, was the best. But I might be a little biased.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#71 Sep 09 2010 at 7:45 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,720 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
And Warrior, for us min/maxers, was the best. But I might be a little biased.


You've never been biased enough.

Edit: Quotefail

Edited, Sep 9th 2010 7:45pm by Dracoth
____________________________
Leviathan - PLD90, BLU90, MNK 90, DRG 78
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (13)