Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Help me switch sides!!!Follow

#1 Mar 12 2009 at 3:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
369 posts
I leveled WAR long time ago as axe/sword and neglected GAxe completely. Now that I got bored with man/joy I have made the push to switch weapons. I should have GA skill capped by end of this week. I know with Axe/Sword the key word is Haste Haste Haste. I am looking for help on what I am missing to max the usefullness of GA.

I only use WAR for Merit and Nyzul Isle, occasional LS fun. Lets assume only /NIN.

I should have 4/3/3 merits done this week too. With all that said, please help me with gear.

Weap: Byakkos, Rune and Pole Grip
Range: Bomb Core
Head: Walahra Turban / O.Hat
Neck: Chiv Chain / PCC
Ears: Brutal / Fowling
Body: Hauby+1
Hands: Dusk / AF2
Rings: Rajas / Ecphoria / Snipers
Back: Foragers
Belt: Swift
Legs: Byakkos
Feet: AF (for now)

Any help would be appreciated.
____________________________
Bootykilla : 100+3 Woodworking : [HQ Staves 125/550] : 75BLM|WAR|RDM
Bootybeata : 100 Bonecraft [SH+1 10/47] [Genie Weskit 6/250]
Bootyslappa : 97.0+2 Smithing : [Haubergeon +1 17/210] [Hauberk +1 6/99] [Cursed Hauberk -1 2/41]
Bootyclappa : 82.0 Clothcraft
#2 Mar 12 2009 at 4:17 PM Rating: Good
******
49,831 posts
The same gear set that works for dual wield works for great axe. The only real notable differences would be what you equip in your hands (obviously) an earring (Suppanomimi for something else), and a necklace (Fortitude Torque). Beyond that, it's still pretty much Haste Haste Haste.

Edit: Oh, and Thick is better than AF Feet. Dusk, Amir, Unicorn, and Aurum are also better, but require a bit more work. Aurum is the best.

Edited, Mar 12th 2009 8:18pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 Mar 12 2009 at 9:44 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
People still get 4/3/3 merits? I thought we disproved it's usefulness a few months ago.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#4 Mar 12 2009 at 11:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,804 posts
bsphil wrote:
People still get 4/3/3 merits? I thought we disproved it's usefulness a few months ago.



Now, now. It doesn't matter whether your merit setup increases your damage marginally. What matters is what you enjoy, and what looks best to you. If it's a play style you enjoy, then go for it.
____________________________
Mazmaz
Fenrir - San d'oria - Rank 9
75WAR/NIN (TP/WS)
Merits


bsphil wrote:
I suppose I could also call it "smallifying numberitude" but that sounds incredibly ***. Like, milich youtube playlist ***.
#5 Mar 13 2009 at 1:58 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm going to go 4/3/3. **** you all I like my timers. Smiley: glare
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#6 Mar 13 2009 at 2:12 AM Rating: Excellent
**
456 posts
Main thing I see is the AF feet blow nuts. Get Dusk asap and work towards Aurum if you can. Other than that get an Assault Earring to wear instead of Fowling. Also try to work for Perdu Voulge.

Also also, you dont need to wear ecophoria ring, with the 6 Stp in gear you have a 7 hit build with /Nin and a 6 hit if you ever go /Sam.
____________________________
Plageus
Lakshmi server
War99 Blu 99 Drg99 Mnk99 Whm99 Nin99
#7 Mar 13 2009 at 2:17 AM Rating: Excellent
KWileyStyle wrote:
Also also, you dont need to wear ecophoria ring, with the 6 Stp in gear you have a 7 hit build with /Nin and a 6 hit if you ever go /Sam.
Yeah but ecphoria ring is so cheap....

It's what I'm earing at the moment opposite my one woodsman's, with the eventual plan being get a rajas to replace it.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#8 Mar 13 2009 at 2:42 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,831 posts
KWileyStyle wrote:
Main thing I see is the AF feet blow nuts.
They're not that bad, at least up to where you can start getting into merit gear like Amir and haste options and such.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#9 Mar 13 2009 at 2:43 AM Rating: Good
lolgaxe wrote:
KWileyStyle wrote:
Main thing I see is the AF feet blow nuts.
They're not that bad, at least up to where you can start getting into merit gear like Amir and haste options and such.
Yeah, it's important to remember that until recently, they were being widely acknowledged as "sufficient". They haven't changed, there are just now better options out there in a level range that severely lacked options before. So yay.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#10 Mar 13 2009 at 3:47 AM Rating: Good
**
456 posts
Well I know they are not terrible at their level (altough there are better option before or slightly after) they do blow nuts at 75. There are so many better options that having these is just a sin. Dusk is going to do a GREAT deal more in his setup (going from 17% haste to 19%) than the AF (cause he already will have 19% DA after merits and gear). So while I somewhat apologize for saying they blow nuts completely...they are not that good and really do suck at 75.
____________________________
Plageus
Lakshmi server
War99 Blu 99 Drg99 Mnk99 Whm99 Nin99
#11 Mar 13 2009 at 7:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
bsphil wrote:
People still get 4/3/3 merits? I thought we disproved it's usefulness a few months ago.


A lot of people already capped their cat 1's. I am doing it, but after I cap my cat 2's. if you already had a 4/3/3, you have to erase 3 upgrades and get 15 more merits. Personally, I'd rather cap War Charge first.
____________________________
[
#12 Mar 13 2009 at 8:33 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
369 posts
Well I am currently only 2/2/2...What is the best combo then? 5/5 and forget DA?

Since I wont be /SAM, should i forget about +Stp since I cant achieve a faster hit rate and wear sniper/rajas?
____________________________
Bootykilla : 100+3 Woodworking : [HQ Staves 125/550] : 75BLM|WAR|RDM
Bootybeata : 100 Bonecraft [SH+1 10/47] [Genie Weskit 6/250]
Bootyslappa : 97.0+2 Smithing : [Haubergeon +1 17/210] [Hauberk +1 6/99] [Cursed Hauberk -1 2/41]
Bootyclappa : 82.0 Clothcraft
#13 Mar 13 2009 at 8:45 AM Rating: Excellent
**
456 posts
What?
____________________________
Plageus
Lakshmi server
War99 Blu 99 Drg99 Mnk99 Whm99 Nin99
#14 Mar 13 2009 at 9:16 AM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
bootykilla wrote:
Well I am currently only 2/2/2...What is the best combo then? 5/5 and forget DA?
5/5 Zerk/DA.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#15 Mar 13 2009 at 9:19 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,804 posts
bootykilla wrote:
Well I am currently only 2/2/2...What is the best combo then? 5/5 and forget DA?

Since I wont be /SAM, should i forget about +Stp since I cant achieve a faster hit rate and wear sniper/rajas?


The best combo is 5Berserk 5DA.
____________________________
Mazmaz
Fenrir - San d'oria - Rank 9
75WAR/NIN (TP/WS)
Merits


bsphil wrote:
I suppose I could also call it "smallifying numberitude" but that sounds incredibly ***. Like, milich youtube playlist ***.
#16 Mar 13 2009 at 11:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,884 posts
If you are curious about WHY 5/5DA/Zerk is best, it is linked in Warrior Links page as "Warrior Merits updated xxxxxx(whenever, it is a recent date)"

But it is, it's best for everything.
____________________________
[
#17 Mar 13 2009 at 12:08 PM Rating: Good
especially since we got pizzas. Teenage mutant warrior turtles go!

Someone photoshop me that.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#18 Mar 13 2009 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,268 posts
Grandmother MojoVIII wrote:
especially since we got pizzas. Teenage mutant warrior turtles go!

Someone photoshop me that.
Do it yourself! Lazy *******.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#19 Mar 13 2009 at 12:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Grandmother MojoVIII wrote:
especially since we got pizzas. Teenage mutant warrior turtles go!

Someone photoshop me that.
Do it yourself! Lazy *******.

Strange. In your very condemnation you provide my excuse.
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#20 Mar 13 2009 at 12:49 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,268 posts
Grandmother MojoVIII wrote:
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Grandmother MojoVIII wrote:
especially since we got pizzas. Teenage mutant warrior turtles go!

Someone photoshop me that.
Do it yourself! Lazy *******.

Strange. In your very condemnation you provide my excuse.
Smiley: sly
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#21 Mar 13 2009 at 1:54 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,067 posts
Quote:
Main thing I see is the AF feet blow nuts. Get Dusk asap


nuh uh, bismark says dusk is LOL!
#22 Mar 13 2009 at 3:15 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,831 posts
KWileyStyle wrote:
What?
Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#23 Mar 13 2009 at 3:44 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,268 posts
Screenshot


Sure, why not?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#24 Mar 14 2009 at 5:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
Grandmother MojoVIII wrote:
especially since we got pizzas. Teenage mutant warrior turtles go!

Someone photoshop me that.
Do it yourself! Lazy *******.

Did it...

It sucks Smiley: lol
Screenshot


edit:
P.S. I call raphael.

Edited, Mar 14th 2009 9:54am by MojoVIII
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
#25 Mar 14 2009 at 6:55 AM Rating: Good
******
49,831 posts
Sorry, no, Raphael is reserved for true New Yorkers. In the olde cartoons he was a smarmy wiseass, and in the movies/comics/new cartoons he was/is an angry jackass. I got dibs. Smiley: motz
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#26 Mar 14 2009 at 7:00 AM Rating: Good
lolgaxe wrote:
Sorry, no, Raphael is reserved for true New Yorkers. In the olde cartoons he was a smarmy wiseass, and in the movies/comics/new cartoons he was/is an angry jackass. I got dibs. Smiley: motz
Then who do I get to be?`
____________________________
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Mojo gets it Smiley: thumbsup
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)