Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Stratagem info?Follow

#1 Dec 06 2010 at 8:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
24 posts
Anyone have any new info on the new stratagems?
#2 Dec 06 2010 at 8:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
24 posts
Perpetuance appears to increase the duration of the next enhancing white magic spell by 50%
#3 Dec 07 2010 at 7:03 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Perpetuance doubles the duration of the next Enhancement spell cast.

Immanence allows the creation of level 1 and level 2 SCs, both opening and closing. 2 charges are required to SC (1 charge each spell).

eg. Immanence + Blizzard -> Immanence + Water = Fragmentation.
____________________________
Soneldar
Scholar, Monk, Black Mage
Mudkips, Carbuncle
#4 Dec 08 2010 at 12:21 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Perpetuance seems to have different behaviour with spells

With RR and most of static buffs > time + 100%
With sneak & invis it seems that's more since i tried this in abyssea altep and my SN/I wore off after 15-16 mins (mostly 15 ... timer stops when triggering a Veridical conflux)

It's truly an awesome Stratagem

Extra : It seems that Perp is spread when combo'ed with accession among every targets ( even with adloquium)
#5 Dec 08 2010 at 6:48 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
112 posts
RSBlackrose wrote:
Perpetuance doubles the duration of the next Enhancement spell cast.

Immanence allows the creation of level 1 and level 2 SCs, both opening and closing. 2 charges are required to SC (1 charge each spell).

eg. Immanence + Blizzard -> Immanence + Water = Fragmentation.


I imagine it would be difficult to solo SC using high tier magic (IV/V) due to casting times correct?
#6 Dec 08 2010 at 9:26 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
GagBag wrote:
RSBlackrose wrote:
Perpetuance doubles the duration of the next Enhancement spell cast.

Immanence allows the creation of level 1 and level 2 SCs, both opening and closing. 2 charges are required to SC (1 charge each spell).

eg. Immanence + Blizzard -> Immanence + Water = Fragmentation.


I imagine it would be difficult to solo SC using high tier magic (IV/V) due to casting times correct?


Correct. Either Alacrity would need to be used or it would not be possible at all.

The initial testing (Blizzard => Water) had Immanence + Alacrity up for the 2nd spell, but I get the feeling you could get away with not using a charge of Alacrity.

One could ultimately SC with themselves and MB, but whether or not the MB is practical with the higher tier spells remain to be seen (it should be easy to do with Helices, though).

Imajoke wrote:
Perpetuance seems to have different behaviour with spells

With RR and most of static buffs > time + 100%
With sneak & invis it seems that's more since i tried this in abyssea altep and my SN/I wore off after 15-16 mins (mostly 15 ... timer stops when triggering a Veridical conflux)

It's truly an awesome Stratagem

Extra : It seems that Perp is spread when combo'ed with accession among every targets ( even with adloquium)


They did change Sneak and Invisible's max duration and duration variance this last patch, did they not?
____________________________
Soneldar
Scholar, Monk, Black Mage
Mudkips, Carbuncle
#7 Dec 08 2010 at 9:31 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
957 posts
Yes, they did change sneak/invis/deo.

Also, I heard that Perpetuance doesn't work with RR. Can anyone confirm?
____________________________
It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- Pythagoras
#8 Dec 08 2010 at 1:57 PM Rating: Good
**
479 posts
I played around with Immanence a little in Abyssea just now. The stratagem works with all elemental nukes and helices. I was able to do Luminohelix > Stone > Distortion, Stone > (alacrity) Aero V > Detonation, etc. It seems to work with all tiers of nukes and each spell rests in the appropriate elemental category on the renkei chart.

I was able to MB Blizzard III off of my own chain without Alacrity. I doubt Tier V or Tier IV would squeeze into an MB without Alacrity. It would be close on Tier IV though. There is a little pause between the end of the spell animation and the beginning of the SC animation, so if you were to start casting immediately, you *might* be able to squeeze in a Tier IV. This assumes you are /RDM of course.

It remains to be seen whether this is worth the 3 charges or if you would just be better of using Ebullience. (I'm assuming we're in Abyssea and MP is not a concern) If you are in a party and are just closing a chain, it becomes more attractive. Assuming no SC resist, you would be adding 50% damage to your spell and could then follow it up with MB damage as well.

Personally, I'm more excited about the extra charge and the 48 second recast ^^
____________________________
Sasaraixx
Tarutaru!
Gilgamesh
BLM 99/SMN 99/RDM 99/SCH 99/WHM 99/BLU 99/DNC 99/NIN 49/WAR 49/THF 46/BRD 41/COR 40/RNG 38/DRK 37/
#9 Dec 08 2010 at 7:18 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
312 posts
In my limited testing of immanence I've found it to be really good. I use immanence water V -> immanence bliz IV -> induration -> alacrity mb bliz III. I tested this on frigate birds and this did massive damage. The water V did 2.1k, the bliz IV did 3.1k the sc did 2.9k and it was dead before i could even do a mb.
#10 Dec 09 2010 at 5:29 AM Rating: Good
**
479 posts
Dantedmc wrote:
In my limited testing of immanence I've found it to be really good. I use immanence water V -> immanence bliz IV -> induration -> alacrity mb bliz III. I tested this on frigate birds and this did massive damage. The water V did 2.1k, the bliz IV did 3.1k the sc did 2.9k and it was dead before i could even do a mb.


Did you not need Alacrity for the bliz IV?
____________________________
Sasaraixx
Tarutaru!
Gilgamesh
BLM 99/SMN 99/RDM 99/SCH 99/WHM 99/BLU 99/DNC 99/NIN 49/WAR 49/THF 46/BRD 41/COR 40/RNG 38/DRK 37/
#11 Dec 09 2010 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
312 posts
You don't have to alacrity Blizzard IV (I had it macro'd) i'm wondering if u even have to alacrity the mb? I did notice however if u do any gear swap during the end you won't see the sc. I'm wondering if this would happen if started w/ a water staff then switched to ice at the beginning.
#12 Dec 09 2010 at 12:41 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Dantedmc wrote:
You don't have to alacrity Blizzard IV (I had it macro'd) i'm wondering if u even have to alacrity the mb? I did notice however if u do any gear swap during the end you won't see the sc. I'm wondering if this would happen if started w/ a water staff then switched to ice at the beginning.


Yeah this is why many use blinkmenot which is broken switching gears causes that and I just have to ask the se programmers really guys wtf lol.

Time to write some macros seems this maybe the sexiest new addition to our **** from this update.....
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



#13 Dec 09 2010 at 2:58 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Dantedmc wrote:
In my limited testing of immanence I've found it to be really good. I use immanence water V -> immanence bliz IV -> induration -> alacrity mb bliz III. I tested this on frigate birds and this did massive damage. The water V did 2.1k, the bliz IV did 3.1k the sc did 2.9k and it was dead before i could even do a mb.


I am gonna have to do some testing the sc damage + MB could be made retardedly huge with the following sequence:

(I) T4/5 - (A)(I) T5 SC (A)(E) T5 MB uses 5 charges but talk about a zerg strike from the start lol. Now to work out the chain if possible that can end with a juicy AeroV MB. If the mobs not dead I would need a raise lol....
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



#14 Dec 09 2010 at 3:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
312 posts
I wonder if using our Af and the new magian staves would cut out need for alacrity. DA + /rdm + af/relic + magian staff+2 = 47% fastcast. That might allow us to do even more w/o alacrity.
#15 Dec 09 2010 at 3:47 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Dantedmc wrote:
I wonder if using our Af and the new magian staves would cut out need for alacrity. DA + /rdm + af/relic + magian staff+2 = 47% fastcast. That might allow us to do even more w/o alacrity.


Thats quite possible can't wait to start writing some macros and test out the possibilities cause these numbers can have huge damage potential especially if the mob is weak to the skill chain....
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



#16 Dec 09 2010 at 4:33 PM Rating: Good
**
479 posts
Dantedmc wrote:
You don't have to alacrity Blizzard IV (I had it macro'd) i'm wondering if u even have to alacrity the mb? I did notice however if u do any gear swap during the end you won't see the sc. I'm wondering if this would happen if started w/ a water staff then switched to ice at the beginning.


If you are MB'ing Tier 3 spell then you do not need Alacrity. I did not try bursting with a Tier IV or V without it though.

____________________________
Sasaraixx
Tarutaru!
Gilgamesh
BLM 99/SMN 99/RDM 99/SCH 99/WHM 99/BLU 99/DNC 99/NIN 49/WAR 49/THF 46/BRD 41/COR 40/RNG 38/DRK 37/
#17 Dec 09 2010 at 6:34 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
312 posts
I was able to mb bliz iv by water V bliz III bliz iv (had the new magian staff and can't remember if I had to use af ( don't think so). Was also able to bliz iV water V (w/ af/relic) so there may be hope w/ just the magian staff to sc water V -> bliz V -> bliz IV w/o alacrity.

Edited, Dec 15th 2010 11:37am by Dantedmc
#18 Dec 15 2010 at 10:02 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Dantedmc wrote:
I was able to mb bliz iv by water V bliz III bliz V (had the new magian staff and can't remember if I had to use af ( don't think so). Was also able to bliz iV water V (w/ af/relic) so there may be hope w/ just the magian staff to sc water V -> bliz V -> bliz IV w/o alacrity.


RDM sub???
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



#19 Dec 15 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
312 posts
always /rdm XD.
#20 Dec 25 2010 at 6:11 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
508 posts
Not amazing, but quite nifty: I was able to break the club of trials in 2 hours solo by repeating solo fusion 100 times tonight. It'll also be helpful if you've got friends who need to break weapons if you don't have an appropriate melee job.
#21 Dec 29 2010 at 8:10 AM Rating: Decent
**
447 posts
anyone had the pleasure of using immanence with quick magic from apocalypse atma? i ran out of stored stones and cruor shortly after gaining shinryu access, and haven't gotten red on him yet. but this seems like it would be tons and tons of fun to play with.
#22 Dec 29 2010 at 10:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
271 posts
gaira wrote:
anyone had the pleasure of using immanence with quick magic from apocalypse atma? i ran out of stored stones and cruor shortly after gaining shinryu access, and haven't gotten red on him yet. but this seems like it would be tons and tons of fun to play with.


The quick magic effect from that atma is like having chainspell effect for a single cast (which happens randomly), which actually hinders your ability to use immanence effectively.
____________________________
Cerberus
75 Whm
#23 Dec 30 2010 at 8:48 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,755 posts
Ahrana wrote:
gaira wrote:
anyone had the pleasure of using immanence with quick magic from apocalypse atma? i ran out of stored stones and cruor shortly after gaining shinryu access, and haven't gotten red on him yet. but this seems like it would be tons and tons of fun to play with.


The quick magic effect from that atma is like having chainspell effect for a single cast (which happens randomly), which actually hinders your ability to use immanence effectively.


I love it so much I can't ever see myself not setting apoc lol.
____________________________
....::: All Jobs 99 but GEO and RUN :::....
Genbu [O] Suzaku [O] Seiryu [O] Byakko [O] Kirin [O] In Loving Memory of Kirin RIP 3/6/05
xXIEOSIXx Forums on Shiva



Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 11 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (11)